Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Talkback Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Black Mask would be cool. It'd be fun to see a villain we've never seen before in the movies. Maybe the Mad Hatter, as depicted in the Loeb/Sale Halloween special comic from awhile back.

~Penny~

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    Here's my cheap version...

I HATED the Joker in this movie...nothing but a madman...no fun at all...
    go buy the 1989 batman dvd and stay happy

as for the new movie. i'm looking forward it.

nolan is the man, loved dark knight.
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Here's the first teaser poster

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    Already off to a bad start with the stupid title...

Depending on the villain and if Nolan stays on his high horse of making Batman as realistic as possible I'll be uninspired to see this
    Clear the room, everyone! Mr. Negativity just arrived.
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

I couldn't care less about Catwoman or Riddler. Never was big fans of them.

Never a big fan of Batman's rogue gallery except for the Joker and later Rha's when I learned about him (after Batman Begins).

Let's get...CALENDAR MAN!!!

Its reported that Noaln is scouting asian countries for shooting locations,how AWESOME would it be if this meant Lady Shiva?!?!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

The Abominable Dr. Phibes Vincent Price's Avatar
    Dave Batista as Bane and Al Pacino as the voice of Scarface.

Old people used to annoy me at weddings by pinching my cheeks &
    saying that you are the next.
    They stopped doing that when I started doing the same to them at funerals.

CALENDAR MAN!

Seriously. They could make him work in this version. He wouldn't have the dopey 80's costume. They could make him more of the late 90's early 00's serial killer. And have him go after someone close to Batman. It would RULE.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I think they should use Clayface The original Clayface (Basil Karlo) was just an actor who went nuts after he hears one of his films is getting a remake treatment. Perfect story for today's remake happy Hollywood LOL
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Talia would appear in Dark Knight Rises

Heat Vision has report that there are 2 female roles being cast and one of them is for Talia. Sad thing is that they are considering Keira Knightley, Anne Hathaway and Jessica Biel for one of the roles.
    In any way, please leave out KK, I don't want to see another semi-anorexic Catwoman.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Latest rumor reported by Collider is that Eva Green and Naomi Watts have won the still unknown lead female roles. Green is my choice for Talia hands down, but I think it's nothing more than a rumor. Still wish Joseph Gordon Levitt was taking over for Ledger as the Joker. I don't agree with this "it can't be recast" thinking at all.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Latest rumor reported by Collider is that Eva Green and Naomi Watts have won the still unknown lead female roles. Green is my choice for Talia hands down, but I think it's nothing more than a rumor. Still wish Joseph Gordon Levitt was taking over for Ledger as the Joker. I don't agree with this "it can't be recast" thinking at all.
    I'd rather see new villians than an old one. I don't think there is any need to have the Joker in the new one. I'd feel the same way if Ledger were alive. The Joker can easily be explained away as being in jail/asylum.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I'd rather see new villians than an old one. I don't think there is any need to have the Joker in the new one. I'd feel the same way if Ledger were alive. The Joker can easily be explained away as being in jail/asylum.
    I don't agree with that either, as similar logic would have precluded Joker and Two Face from being in the last one. The villains carrying over to another movie (this time in the same continuity) is nothing to be ashamed of or to look down upon, it certainly helped Empire Strikes Back plenty. So long as it's not a crutch I think it's a valid move, and there's no reason to think the Joker returning would be that by default. I think we can be sure we'll see new villains too regardless.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    My two cents.

Ledger's Joker nailed the character. Perfect.

I always thought the riddle was a joker wanna be.

The title of the new film seems out of place. Think about it in this order:

1st movie: Batman Begins
    2nd movie: The Dark Knight Rises
    3rd movie: The Dark Knight.

See what I mean? How can the Dark Knight Rise after He has already been the Dark Knight?
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    My two cents.

Ledger's Joker nailed the character. Perfect.

The title of the new film seems out of place. Think about it in this order:

1st movie: Batman Begins
    2nd movie: The Dark Knight Rises
    3rd movie: The Dark Knight.

See what I mean? How can the Dark Knight Rise after He has already been the Dark Knight?

The dark knight rises to the hearts of the people. He will not be the vigilante that they made him out to be. The last movie ended the cops were on the hunt for him. Now they need him to rise to the occasion. That's my thoughts on that.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    The dark knight rises to the hearts of the people. He will not be the vigilante that they made him out to be. The last movie ended the cops were on the hunt for him. Now they need him to rise to the occasion. That's my thoughts on that.
    My thoughts exactly.
    I shed a couple of tears the first time I watched the movie when Gordon says:
    _"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it.
    Because he's not our hero.
    He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector.
    A dark knight"_
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I often hear that but I don't agree. The Joker is nuts whereas the Riddler is more OCD in his need to leave "riddles" at his crime scenes. Jim Carrey played him crazy but that's becuase Carrey can rarely do subtle. I feel the Riddler could make a great villain since he's a thinking man's villain. I just want Nolan to finish this last movie so we can get a Batman franchise that embraces superheroes as well as the possibility for the characters to cross over into each others films(Nolan has said no to that).
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    Just like alot of people, I have issues with the title. I just don't like it, and I think it's rather redundant, seeing as how the last film was, The Dark Knight.

To me it sounds as stupid, and rediculous as if they had called Batman Forever, Batman Returns Again.

In my head, I had figured the way they were going with the titles, useing Batman's nick name; The Dark Knight, I was hoping it was going to be called The Caped Crusader. That would've been a much better title in my opinion.
    Please Give My MOTUC Sale Thread A Look! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...easts-For-Sale
    I have a new Thread in the Vintage Marketplace! Check it out!! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=209217
    Here's my Trader's Review too: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=Jonnytyler

Have you guys seen this rumor?

RUMOR: Christina Aguilera In Talks To Play 'Vicki Vale' In 'Batman: The Dark Knight Rises'

In a recent radio interview with a British actor Christian Bale who plays Batman mentioned a possible new member of the third film in the saga, no less than the reporter Vicki Vale, among many possible affairs of Batman, it seems that Vicki is a step ahead of its competitors, as the interpreter of Bale Batman cited, but the surprise does not end here, the latest singer to embark on the big screens in the world Christina Aguilera seems more considered for the role because of the great similarity between the singer and character and also her natural sensuality with comical air, reminding us of our very dear Kim Basinger's 1989 classic Batman, Christian Bale describes beauty as "interesting and sexy", rumors already take for granted their participation, one thing is certain we agree with Bale, the girl is really sexy, another coincidence that this statement is one of the writers said that a possible "Batman's love interest" is seen on the big screen again, and might there be a rivalry in the new sequel, after all Vicki is the height of an opponent's Catwoman, which we will reserve the third film in the saga.

Last edited by Tallstar; January 13, 2011 at 05:29am.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Oh, I hope not. I don't like her, and I'm not much of a fan of Vicki Vale's character either, to be honest.

There again, if they're putting in a non-villain love interest, it doesn't surprise me that they'd consider Vale, but I'd love to see Silver St. Cloud or Sasha Bordeaux get some screen time.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I don't mind the title. Could be better, could be worse. At the moment I have a lot of faith in Nolan, so I am not worried about the casting or anything else (heck, even if they turned the third movie into a musical, I'd still see it). And I'm sure Joker can be re-cast. I just hope they stick with the presentation Ledger started. I loved his Joker.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

I hope that they don't cast for a Vicky Vale role. I never saw Bruce with a goodie 2 shoes kind of woman. I much rather prefer to see the character of Veronica "Ronnie" Vreeland from BTAS. She has an irresponsible personality and I really loved her in the episode "Harley's Holiday"

Christina Aguilera is beautiful, but no material for a Nolan film, and I think that female roles in his movies are his weakest link, except for Carrie Ann Moss' Memento & Rebeca Hall's The Prestige.

I really wish to see Nolan & Co Catwoman's vision, but if Talia's rumors are true, chances are getting thinner.

My feedback thread

As much as I'm not a huge fan of Vicky Vale(imo, Selina Kyle is Bruce's true love; a good person deep down but just as "damaged" as he is), I HATE Talia. I was never a fan of her father as a villain(although I loved Batman Begins in spite of that) and I also never believed that Batman would hook up with a racist killer like her. She may not be as evil as her father, but she's still bad.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    And here we go....

Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle
    Tom Hardy as Bane

It's official, right from WB, just broke a few minutes ago.

Definitely glad to see Catwoman - I feel since these stories are Year One-ish/Long Halloween-ish in nature, she's an integral part.

Bane....that's a little weird, but I like Nolan's work enough to see what comes of it. Wouldn't have been my first (or even fifth) choice for the villain, but after the ridiculous way he was portrayed in B&R, I suppose he deserves a second chance.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I love Catwoman but I wish it wasn't Anne Hathaway. Bane just leaves me scratching my head. Oh well, this franchise will probably be rebooted 2 years after this movie gets released. I loved Batman Begins but I'm already eager to see someone else on this franchise not named Bale, Nolan or Goyer. Michael Caine & Gary Oldman are the only ones I'm going to miss.

JOIN THE GROUP...