Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Talkback Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

I like the Hathaway casting a lot.

Very good actress, totally has the 'high class' look to play Selina, and has the long, slinky body to play Catwoman. She also has really big, expressive eyes which will be key with a mask.

Hope this pic is OK, because it screams "Catwoman" to me:

Last edited by BCI Guy; January 19, 2011 at 01:09pm.

I don't see Hatheaway as Catwoman. I think he's done a poor job of casting leading women in general with Katie Holmes and Maggue Gylenhal.

But I think a Nolan Bane sounds awesome. Bane is a criminal mastermind, not an assassin or brute and Nolan is perfect to tell his story.

Will he break the bat as the trilogy ends?

I find it interesting she is up for the role of Selina Kyle not Catwoman. On top of that everything I have seen of Hathaway she feels too clean, too likeable, and too bubbly for Catwoman. As a love interest? Sure, but not as Catwoman.

And I believe I was neutral till I saw Ledger as Joker, meaning I wasn't for or against him in the part.

Bane I think he could work, make him a junkie assassin and he will be fine. He doesn't need the venom tubes just have it be a pill or patch to enhance his strength/performance etc. Don't de-emphasize his intelligence like Batman and Robin did. Just don't let Hardy look like Shinzon for the comparison when he ODs.

For me Bane is less of a concern then Hatheway.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I find it interesting she is up for the role of Selina Kyle not Catwoman. On top of that everything I have seen of Hathaway she feels too clean, too likeable, and too bubbly for Catwoman. As a love interest? Sure, but not as Catwoman.
    I haven't seen it, but I hear she is nude for a lot of the recent movie "Love & Other Drugs". I've also seen her in other movies where she's far from Disney-like(ie. nudity, swearing, etc). I just don't like her as Catwoman because, while she isn't a bad actress, I'm not a huge fan. I also was hoping it would be someone I found more attractive.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I like Hathaway as Selina (is she actually going to be Catwoman, or just 'Selina Kyle'?)

I like Bane, but my reaction to him being the villain was just 'Meh'. I think he's a boring choice, I was so hoping we would get Black Mask.
    "Evil can never defeat good!"
    "Don't be ridiculous, of course it can!"
    He-Man and Skeletor in 'Crack in the World'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I haven't seen it, but I hear she is nude for a lot of the recent movie "Love & Other Drugs". I've also seen her in other movies where she's far from Disney-like(ie. nudity, swearing, etc). I just don't like her as Catwoman because, while she isn't a bad actress, I'm not a huge fan. I also was hoping it would be someone I found more attractive.
    Yeah, I wasn't sure about her other non Disney like roles. I haven't gone out of my way to see her in movies. Which I probably should see her in something else, I know it's hard as a viewer to see most actors in a role you aren't used to see them in for the first time especially when you are used to them portraying similar characters.
    Last edited by wyldman11; January 19, 2011 at 02:22pm.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I'm more concerned about a having a lot of characters in the movie as it seems to have CatWoman, Bane and rumors of Talia.
    The Dark Knight had Scarecrow, Two-Face and Joker. Trust me, Nolan knows what he's doing and he's gonna blow our minds
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    If Bane is done closer to his comic roots then he actually can make a good villain to close out on. In the comics he's smart he figured out Batman's identity on his own. Bane if handled right could provide the right balance of smart enough and physically strong enough to challenge Batman.

That said I don't think he should be the main big bad. I can picture him as the hired right hand working for Talia who's out to avenge her father though.

Not so sure about Hathaway as Catwoman -regardless of if she actually dons the suit for the film Selina Kyle is Catwoman. You have to keep these things in mind.

Still like others have mentioned my initial reaction to Heath Leger as Joker was mass confusion but the performance blew me away so we'll see.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Boo Catwoman!!

Hooray Bane!

Bane originated as a great villian. He went downhill, but the first Vengeance of Bane was great. I mean, c'mon! He broke Batman's back!

Modern Bane is pretty well written in Secret Six right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    Not so sure about Hathaway as Catwoman -regardless of if she actually dons the suit for the film Selina Kyle is Catwoman. You have to keep these things in mind.

She can always bleach her hair (Jessica Alba did it to play Sue Richards in "Fantastic Four").

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I have some major reservations about Anne Hathaway being cast. Whoever takes on the role of Selina Kyle has to be able to project a dark, edgy presence about them. I can't say I have ever seen her ever project that in any of her roles to date. Not saying she necessarily can't....but it seems to be a big gamble in my book.

Tom Hardy as Bane I'm good with. I suspect he will do a very good job in portraying the man who "breaks the Bat"

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    @Warrenpeace:
    You got that right. I'm not worried about there being many characters in this movie, because Nolan handled all that masterful in Dark Knight. Nolan can do no wrong, IMHO.

Still undecided on Hathaway... Not quite sure what I think yet. Feels like it could go either way. But hey, there's always the possibility of an incredible surprise like Heath, yeah? The last movie won an oscar because of his masterful performance.

VERY happy to see that Catwoman will be in the movie tho'. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    She can always bleach her hair (Jessica Alba did it to play Sue Richards in "Fantastic Four").
    I'm pretty sure Michelle Pfeiffer is the only blond Catwoman in any medium ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    No need for that, Selina had dark hair in the comics.

I'm curious to see how Bane's going to be handled. He has muscles to rival He-Man's, so Tom is really gonna have to hit the gym.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; January 19, 2011 at 04:16pm.

The 90's animated series, which was designed loosely on Batman Returns, also had a blond Selina, but she too was modeled after Pfeifer.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    VERY happy to see that Catwoman will be in the movie tho'. ^^
    They haven't said Catwoman, just Selina Kyle.

But I'm betting we see a "conversion."

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    The 90's animated series, which was designed loosely on Batman Returns, also had a blond Selina, but she too was modeled after Pfeifer.
    That's right. I thought that was their one big misstep in the series. She never looked right as Selina Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Yeah, I hate that. Nothing about it says "Catwoman" to me. She's lacking the "edge" of the darker hair versions.

(I still don't get the brunette/blond Black Canary appearances/relationship)
    Black Canary was a brunette that wore a blond wig in costume.
    Last edited by BCI Guy; January 19, 2011 at 04:31pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'll reserve my judgement til I see the movie, but if it's the exact same 'realistic' approach as the last one, I probably won't like the movie enough to care who they cast.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't sure about her other non Disney like roles. I haven't gone out of my way to see her in movies. Which I probably should see her in something else, I know it's hard as a viewer to see most actors in a role you aren't used to see them in for the first time especially when you are used to them portraying similar characters.
    For some reason Entertainment Weekly decided to offer 3 different covers that featured the leads of the aforementioned "Love & Other Drugs" nude(or at least topless).

It still didn't get anyone to see the movie though.

This is why I'm OK with this being Nolan's last Batman movie(and nervous about the fact that he's producing the next Superman movie). We hear that Selina Kyle is going to be in the movie but realize that Catwoman might not be. Obviously things need to change when you take a franchise based on a toyline, cartoon, or comic book & make a movie or TV show out of it, but I am so sick of hearing writers/directors/producers talking about making things "realistic". Supposedly Nolan had to be talked into giving Batman his ears in the first movie. Captain America's wings are one thing but why take the bat ears off of "The Bat"?

Still like others have mentioned my initial reaction to Heath Leger as Joker was mass confusion but the performance blew me away so we'll see.
    I think Ledger did a good job as the Joker but I feel Aaron Eckhart was unjustly overlooked in the less flashy role as Two-Face/Harvey Dent. I feel he was just as good if not better than Ledger. I also got annoyed with Ledge smacking his lips every time he talked. I don't know if that was a little improv of his or due solely to the prosthetic scars.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jester View Post
    Bane originated as a great villian. He went downhill, but the first Vengeance of Bane was great. I mean, c'mon! He broke Batman's back!
    The 90's were a bad time for comics in general imo, but Bane is the epitome of a trend that DC took too far; extremely dark events happening to their big stars. Superman, Wonder Woman, & Green Arrow "died". Batman had his back broken. Hal Jordan went insane. Aquaman had a hand chewed off. Yechh!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Modern Bane is pretty well written in Secret Six right now.
    I agree. Gail Simone took a character that was more of a plot device than anything worthwhile imo(he was basically made a hero in one of Batman's books and then showed up a month later in Infinite Crisis back to breaking the backs of heroes) and made him someone interesting. Say what you will about Simone, but she made me care for Catman and Bane.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    @Warrenpeace:
    You got that right. I'm not worried about there being many characters in this movie, because Nolan handled all that masterful in Dark Knight. Nolan can do no wrong, IMHO.
    Right on brotha! In Nolan we trust! I'm loving the fact that most of my favorite villians have been in this trilogy, from Scarecrow to Joker, Two-Face and now Bane. Not too big on Catwoman but I love Anne. The only thing that would sweeten the pot would be Talia...and a little hint of Robin but thats another trilogy all in itself lol
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I think Anne Hathaway can pull off Selena Kyle.

I have zero expectations for this movie anyway since I didn't like the other two Nolan Bat-flicks (sorry, I'm Team Burton I guess!). So I'll just go see it and hope my mind will be changed. I do dislike Bane though -- never liked him since his debut in the comics.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    (sorry, I'm Team Burton I guess!)
    I loved Batman Begins & thought The Dark Knight was OK, but if we're assigning ourselves to teams, I guess that make me Team Timm...

...or Team Martinson...

...depending on my mood.

I've liked movies from Burton & Schumacher but none of them had Batman in the title.

JOIN THE GROUP...

It's about whats FAIR! King Hsss's Avatar
    I'll have no positive or negative response on this news until I see the movie. I'll admit I was 1 when it was announced Heath was going to be the Joker, I thought "what"? But then I was blown away by the performance, and yes Eckhart as Dent/Two Face was just as memorable as Heaths. So all I'll say this time is I can't wait for this movie! I still would of like to see Joseph Gordon Levitt in the film though, but not as the Joker.
    In nomine Patris. Requiescat in Pace

Hope they know what they are doing as Catwoman has been a cursed WB property, hell even BTAS didnt get her right. For damn sure no crying overly emotional catwoman, she can easily be batman's equal in her own unique way. Hope they go way back to the origin of the character and get away from nearly all catwoman models last decade.