Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Talkback Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

I've yet to see any mention of toxic face cream this time around.

I'm more disappointed in the choice of villians than I am on who is playing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I'm more disappointed in the choice of villians than I am on who is playing them.
    Why Bane is a great choice? Not sure where all the negativity surrounding him is coming from. He is a very intelligent villain if you actually look at his stories and not just the sensationalized roided personality that video games and movies have given to him

The fall of Batman at the hands of Bane was a great storyline, for far too long Bruce had gotten away with whatever he wanted and he lacks NO Powers but yet survived without much problem because of his brains? Having his back broken and having to watch while other take his place was a great story.

Nolan gave us Ledger as Joker and Eckhart as Two Face, both incredibly good casting choices. I trust he knows what he is doing.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Yes Eckhart's performance was great, but the thing is I didn't have trouble seeing him in the role. After seeing him in Paycheck and Thank You For Smoking I had no trouble imagining him as Harvey Dent/Two Face.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

They should bring back Egghead.

"I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Yeah I'm not on board with Hathaway in that role, but I hope to be as suprrised as I was by Heath as the Joker. I can totally see Hardy as Bane more than as Hugo Strange, so I think that's pretty good.

What the heck is it with Batman and costars of Jake Gyllenhaal? Will he be digitally de-aged to play Robin?

Quote Originally Posted by sonofblaine View Post
    They should bring back Egghead.

http://www.toplessrobot.com/egghead1.jpg
    Actually, Geoffrey Rush in a skull cap could totally sell that.
    Last edited by gbagok; January 19, 2011 at 08:07pm.

This news has surprised me. Not Catwoman. I think it was pretty obviouse from the get-go that Nolan was going to put her in Batman 3 in some capacity. But Bane has really thrown me. I wonder how Nolan is going to make him look in this real-world setting he’s created.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Nolan gave us Ledger as Joker and Eckhart as Two Face, both incredibly good casting choices. I trust he knows what he is doing.
    He also gave us...

...and the kid who ruined any possibility for that last scene of The Dark Knight to work for me...

I just can't get behind the Nolan worshipping. His movies have a lot of strong parts but he's just too flawed for me to blindly trust. He surrounds himself with amazing acting talent & composers but I usually have some problem with the script.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I wonder how Nolan is going to make him look in this real-world setting he’s created.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; January 19, 2011 at 09:46pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I'd still rather see the Riddler. He'd would do so well in Nolan's version of Batman. I want to see someone who is Batman's intellectual equal, not just someone he can fight.

Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    I'd still rather see the Riddler. He'd would do so well in Nolan's version of Batman. I want to see someone who is Batman's intellectual equal, not just someone he can fight.
    There's a comedy show on XM Radio called Ron & Fez. Fez is a huge DC Comics fan who has vowed not to see any more movies in protest of Nolan not using The Riddler in his next movie. I'm a big Riddler fan(after Two-Face, he's my favorite Bat-villain), but I wouldn't go that far.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    Most people think he's a dumb brute from the Batman and Robin movie. He is Batman's intellectual equal.

In the comics he was born in a horrible prison with the worst criminals. He pretty much raised and educated himself into a crime boss, running the prison and destroying anyone that wanted to hurt him.

After getting out with the venom in his system, he targeted Batman, a symbol of fear for him. With his intellect, he figured out Batman is Bruce Wayne. Then he went on a mission to mentally exhaust Batman, to finally physically breaking him.

Ras Al Ghul also chose Bane as a suitor for Talia, after Batman.
    Last edited by SCB; January 19, 2011 at 09:58pm.

The Dark Knight's Harvey Dent/Two-Face character was way too rushed. He should have been slowly built up and then the main villian in the third movie.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Most people think he's a dumb brute from the Batman and Robin movie. He is Batman's intellectual equal.
    I understand that, but I'd still rather see the Riddler. I'm not totally against Bane. I wanted the Riddler because I know Nolan could do wonders for him, and then maybe more people would take him seriously as a villain.

I think once Nolan establshes his Bane, people will take him more seriously in the future.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I dunno about Hardy as Bane, but I could totally live with anne Hathaway as Catwoman. Meow

I still say that Clayface would be a good Nolan villian.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Clayface couldn't exist in a Nolan movie. He'd be perfect for a Zack Snyder Batman along with Mr. Freeze and Killer Croc.

For Nolan, I'd love to see Scarface.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Clayface couldn't exist in a Nolan movie. He'd be perfect for a Zack Snyder Batman along with Mr. Freeze and Killer Croc.

For Nolan, I'd love to see Scarface.
    And which Clayface do you think I'm talking about? Because I'm talking about the first Clayface, Basil Karlo.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Evil Master of Warcraft
    With respect to Anne Hathoway I think she will do fine. I've seen a few of her movies and I'm a fan. Since she is cast as Kyle there could be a chance her role would be like Billy Dee Williams in Batman Returns. Even though he is Harvey Dent, his character in the movie could have been erased and no one would have noticed.

Not that familiar with Tom Hardy. I've seen Inception and Black Hawk Down, but I can't place him. I haven't seen Band of Brothers yet.

With respect to Bane, since I first saw the character on the cover snapping batman in half I have always imagined him in real life to be:

That's who should have played him
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    That was a much better choice then Maggie, I think Katie Holmes is a fantastic actress who just picks bad roles.

I just can't get behind the Nolan worshipping. His movies have a lot of strong parts but he's just too flawed for me to blindly trust. He surrounds himself with amazing acting talent & composers but I usually have some problem with the script.
    I just think you are too critical, my main problem with Nolan are his movies run too long. He needs to surround himself with a better editor

Dark Knight is a perfect example, it was like two movies into one. They could have totally made a 2nd movie about Eckhart turning into Two Face.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    Keep Vader away from Bane and the Nolan films. But in Batman & Robin Bane was played by a wrestler but his name escapes me at the moment.
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by warrenpeace2012 View Post
    But in Batman & Robin Bane was played by a wrestler but his name escapes me at the moment.
    IMDB FYI:

Birth Name
    Robert Alexander Swenson Jr.

Nickname
    The Ultimate Solution
    Jeep Swenson
    Jeep The Mercenary

Height
    6' 4" (1.93 m)

Trivia

Hulk Hogan and James Caan Delivered Eulogies at his Funeral

Jeep wrestled in WCW as "The Ultimate Final Solution" for one pay-per-view, and on the independant wrestling circuit as Jeep Swenson and Jeep the Mercenary.

He was over 400 pounds when he died. He had a massive myocardial infarction, and while in the hospital, the doctors admitted that they could not do anything for him until he could lose at least 100 pounds. He died days later.

His WCW ring name was changed from the Final Solution to the Ultimate Solution due to protests from Jewish groups. WCW claimed they were unaware that The Final Solution was the name Hitler gave to his plan to destroy the Jews.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    ^ That's his name, Jeep Swenson. I knew he was a big guy but I didn't know he was that big.
    Last edited by warrenpeace2012; January 20, 2011 at 11:08am.
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by warrenpeace2012 View Post
    Keep Vader away from Bane and the Nolan films.
    Yeah, Vader would carve up Bane with lightsaber and force choke Batman into oblivion...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

That was a much better choice then Maggie, I think Katie Holmes is a fantastic actress who just picks bad roles.
    To be honest, I didn't have a problem with Katie Holmes in Batman Begins but I know a lot of other people did. Having said that, I don't think she has much range as an actress and feel Maggie Gyllenhaal is a million times better than her(although she really wasn't given much to do in The Dark Knight).

I just think you are too critical, my main problem with Nolan are his movies run too long. He needs to surround himself with a better editor
    Maybe I am with some things, but I stand by my opinion that Nolan is far from perfect. I actually think Batman Begins is the only movie of his where I can't think of any problems. I could go on & on listing problems from his other movies(again, usually problems with the script), but I'll save you from that.

Dark Knight is a perfect example, it was like two movies into one. They could have totally made a 2nd movie about Eckhart turning into Two Face.
    I agree it was too long. Besides wishing they had clipped that pretentious dialogue between Gary Oldman and the awful "actor" playing his son at the movie's end(I may be critical but I've heard both critics & non-critics alike make similar complaints about that scene & kid actor), was that bit with the boats full of civilians & criminals really necessary? I'm left leaning on most issues but that seemed like something out of the liberal handbook. My eyes rolled so hard with that little "twist", I thought they were going to fall out of my head.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Just heard on the radio Naomi Watts is cast as Vicky Vale, posting from my phone so can someone confirm or deny?