Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Talkback Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madara View Post
    hell even BTAS didnt get her right.
    What was wrong with BTAS Catwoman? She was a jewel thief, animal activist and a socialite. She gave the bats a run for his money while being playful/flirty and really in love with him. When they changed her to the Batman Returns costume she became more cold and "all about herself." I liked her look better, but not the character. She was okay, but I felt she was better written before.

I also don't like the stories where Catwoman was a prostitute...

I'm not happy Anne Hathaway is going to be Catwoman. I read the rumours about her getting the part before, but thought they were just ridiculous casting rumours you always hear.

She's a very good actress, but I think she's totally wrong for Catwoman.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Vicky Vale means nothing to me but I've loved Naomi Watts since Mulholland Dr.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I also don't like the stories where Catwoman was a prostitute...
    Neither do I. Blame Frank Miller. Besides the fact that, more often than not, the women he writes are prostitutes(either in profession or lifestyle), he's done far more harm than good with the Batman franchise imo.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; January 20, 2011 at 01:10pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Just heard on the radio Naomi Watts is cast as Vicky Vale, posting from my phone so can someone confirm or deny?
    I found a few sites saying Naomi Watts is Vicki Vale and Eva Green is Talia al Ghul...but nothin really "official."

http://www.moviehole.net/201135579-n...k-knight-rises

http://www.nolanfans.com/2011/01/11/...-knight-rises/
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Eva Green would be a good choice for Talia actually. I was thinking yesterday about Naommi Watts being a love interest for Bruce, didn't think Vicky Vale, that be good too.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Not that familiar with Tom Hardy. I've seen Inception and Black Hawk Down, but I can't place him. I haven't seen Band of Brothers yet.
    Have you seen Star Trek: Nemesis? He played Shinzon

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

If you want to see something completely different from Hardy, watch Bronson. It's kind of a Chopper rip off, but he's unrecognizable and huge in that.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    I like Naomi Watts (though admittedly my favorite role of hers I can think of is in King Kong -hey I liked it!) But I'm not sure about her as Viki Vale (also isn't Viki supposed to be a redhead?) frankly I think I''m more unsure of Viki Vale.

Eva Green as Talia I can see.

I'm kinda wondering about Tom hardy as Bane. He'll need to beef up a lot to pass as the big guy.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    I'm kinda wondering about Tom hardy as Bane. He'll need to beef up a lot to pass as the big guy.
    I found a couple semi-beefy pictures of him:

He's not quite this though:

Last edited by Darkspecter; January 20, 2011 at 02:47pm.

okay looking at that second picture I can see it

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Have you seen Star Trek: Nemesis?
    AKA the movie that almost killed the entire Star Trek franchise.

I just found out yesterday that the villain from that movie was the same guy in Inception. It's almost hard to believe.

I like Naomi Watts (though admittedly my favorite role of hers I can think of is in King Kong -hey I liked it!)
    There's nothing wrong with that. I liked that film as well. Unfortunately, they made Kong such a sad & sympathetic character(way more than even the 70's remake), I don't think I'll ever be able to watch it again. I'm just too much of an animal lover.

But I'm not sure about her as Viki Vale (also isn't Viki supposed to be a redhead?)
    It didn't hurt Tim Burton's Vicki Vale.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; January 20, 2011 at 04:22pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    AKA the movie that almost killed the entire Star Trek franchise.

I just found out yesterday that the villain from that movie was the same guy in Inception. It's almost hard to believe.

Well that isn't saying much since I would say out of the 11 movies only about 5 of them are worth watching again. But that is a thread jump. But I would say Tom Hardy was far from the worst thing about Nemesis.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Well that isn't saying much since I would say out of the 11 movies only about 5 of them are worth watching again. But that is a thread jump. But I would say Tom Hardy was far from the worst thing about Nemesis.
    I just want to add, since Markatisu thinks I'm too critical of things, that Nemesis is the only Star Trek movie other than JJ Abrams' wildly uneven effort that I didn't enjoy. I'm not even a Star Trek fan(I can count on one hand how many entire episodes I've seen of any Star Trek TV show), but I found all of the other 9 movies entertaining enough that I would have no problem sitting down & watching them again.

Back to Batman.

JOIN THE GROUP...

It didn't hurt Tim Burton's Vicki Vale.
    that's a matter of opinion. Much as I like the movie I wasn't fond of Kim Bassinger's Vale. Also from what I've heard she was a last minute replacement.

that's a matter of opinion. Much as I like the movie I wasn't fond of Kim Bassinger's Vale. Also from what I've heard she was a last minute replacement.
    I thought she was good. I've only watched the movie once though. I don't care for the first movie too much. I was very happy with the ending though.

Batman Returns is where it's at!

I wasn't basing that on my personal opinion, just the fact that the movie was a huge hit. Even when I was a little kid, Burton's first Batman movie left me underwhelmed. As an adult, I can't even watch it anymore. The only things I still like in it are Michael Keaton(he may not look like Bruce Wayne, but he's my favorite live action Batman of all time), Michael Gough(although I like Michael Caine as Alfred more), Batman's costume, and Danny Elfman's score(almost as good, imho, as John Williams's Superman).

Batman Returns is where it's at!
    Depending on my mood, I can still sit through Batman Returns since I'm a sucker for movies set at Christmas time and I thought the performances by Keaton, Gough, Pfeiffer, & DeVito were quite good. Tonally and as an adaptation of Batman's universe is where I take issue with it.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; January 20, 2011 at 05:36pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

Depending on my mood, I can still sit through Batman Returns since I'm a sucker for movies set at Christmas time and I thought the performances by Keaton, Gough, Pfeiffer, & DeVito were quite good. Tonally and as an adaptation of Batman's universe is where I take issue with it.
    Out of all the Batman movies (except for Dark Knight...I haven't seen it, so I can't judge it), I think Returns is the best film. Best acting, best characters, I think the costumes and vehicles are better. I just enjoyed it better overall.

Especially Catwoman. Her costume unravels throughout the movie as does her sanity. I never really made the connection until I watched the special feature about her costume.

I enjoyed Cillian Murphy as the Scare Crow a lot (creepy as hell!) and Bale as Batman is good, but I preferred Keaton...but the Michael Gough will always be Alfred. I did not enjoy Michael Kane as Alfred...at all. Good actor, bad Alfred.

Katie Holmes is a good actress...but it was just "Katie Holmes" in a Batman film. I think a lesser known actress would have been a better choice.

I also found the long training backstory fairly boring. I know it has to be done to properly tell a story, but it didn't excite me by any means. The movie is basically enjoyable once he gets the ridiculous looking Batmobile.

I know everyone's different, but that's how I feel.

Katie Holmes is a good actress...but it was just "Katie Holmes" in a Batman film. I think a lesser known actress would have been a better choice.
    Imo, Katie Holmes hasn't elevated herself as an actress since Dawson's Creek(which I'm embarassed to say I only missed one episode of). At one point she was the breakout star of that show but now Michelle Williams has all of the critics love while Joshua Jackson has a stronger career(although she won the lottery when she decided to become the "Bride Of Scientology"). I don't know what happened to poor James Van Der Beek since I actually thought he was a decent actor.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I'm sorry to still see the 89 Batman get the bad marks again. I loved it, it was my Jaws. It was years later before I knew that it was out of character for Batman to have all those guns on his vehicles, but that will never spoil it because the movie gave me a vision I loved. I still don't hold it against the film for things like letting Vicky Vale in the Bat Cave. That she was swept under the rug in sequels cheapened that more than letting her in on the secret. Also I loved Basinger as Vale, that's part of the movie that's just above reproach for me.

I will love it if Eva Green is Talia. I like Naomi Watts as Vale. I like both their casting better than the Vultress herself as Catwoman. But I don't like them all in the same movie, particularly one that's supposedly the end of a trilogy. I'm hoping it means that WB is NOT planning to reboot the franchise and will simply continue the continuity that Nolan has started. I still do not think that his style cannot mesh with more fantastic elements like Mr. Freeze, Killer Croc, and Man Bat. It doesn't sound like he's the director for those subjects, and maybe Bale isn't the star for it either, but this movie universe isn't limited to just crime dramas. It can handle magic, Lazarus Pits, Meta-humans, a non-Se7en-reinvented Riddler, and even Robin. I just hope that the third movie doesn't waste so many plots in a rushed delivery (like X-Men 3 and Spider-Man 3 did), that a reboot is the only option to make it interesting again.

Also, I loved Selina Kyle as a blond. That doesn't mean I needed a blond here, in fact I like to see her with long dark hair because I think it's good for her to remind Bruce of Rachel in appearance. But BTAS's rendering was great. So too was Eartha Kitt's. There's a lot of ways to get her wrong, but skin and hair color isn't among them.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I'm sorry to still see the 89 Batman get the bad marks again. I loved it, it was my Jaws. It was years later before I knew that it was out of character for Batman to have all those guns on his vehicles, but that will never spoil it because the movie gave me a vision I loved. I still don't hold it against the film for things like letting Vicky Vale in the Bat Cave.

Bruce Wayne agreed with you in Batman Returns:

Bruce Wayne: Security? Who let Vicki Vale into the Batcave? I'm sitting there working and I turn around, there she is. "Oh hi, Vick - come on in."

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    rachel weisz for tailia no arguements
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I still haven't heard anything official on Vicki Vale or Talia, but I won't be surprised if we do hear something very soon.

Re: the older film series, I think each of the first three has something to recommend it, and something to detract from it.

For example:

Batman: Great atmosphere, Jack Nicholson, the Batmobile, but a Batman who opens up on people with a machine gun, in a world where Joker killed Batman's parents.

Batman Returns: Hands down, the best musical score Batman ever had, and a fantastic Catwoman, but a gruesome slathering Penguin and a plot (power plant/mayoral campaign/kill the babies) that made no sense.

Batman Forever: Fantastic Riddler, less angst, and (IMO) a great Batman, but overly campy with too many questionable choices (i.e. nipples). But this is the one I'd really like to see a director's cut for, with all the deleted scenes on the DVD and then some.

Batman & Robin: Let's not go there.

Just my two cents. As for Katie Holmes, I don't think she was a bad choice - but her real-world persona interfered with the movie, and casts a strange image, so it's hard to take her at face value. I had no problem with Gyllenhall, though.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman? I can dig that. It's a lot better than Angelina Jolie or *blech!* Megan Fox. Personally, I'd have rather seen Mila Kunis in the role especially after her performance in Book of Eli.

I have a hard time seeing Mila in anything then a comedy, and I've seen Book of Eli and Black Swan....and Max Payne.

I just started playing Arkham Asylum for my 360 and just beat Bane. Please tell me this is NOT how he's being treated in the comics.

Thankfully Nolan generally uses good characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jester View Post
    I have a hard time seeing Mila in anything then a comedy, and I've seen Book of Eli and Black Swan....and Max Payne.
    Those weren't comedies?

To be honest, I only liked one of those and it's not the one most of you, who have seen all 3 of them, would agree with me on.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; January 21, 2011 at 04:53pm.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Not even close.