Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Talkback Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    http://fanartexhibit.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/catwoman_new1.jpg
    That's not a bad picture, but I'd like if her neck wasn't exposed. It's somehow sexier that way. Also, and I'm ashamed of this, I almost think she shouldn't wear such an obviously costume-y mask. The goggles aren't the worst idea, but they can look goofy too honestly. Still I could see her wearing them before a cat-shaped Halloween mask while on the prowl. Sure it'd be good to see her eyes, but does anyone see her in hand-to-hand flirty combat with the Nolan Batman on a rooftop or seducing him while both in costume? Somehow I don't think she will be approached as a fighting challenge to Batman with all his armor and gear, particularly when he's going to be dealing with Bane in the same movie. It'd be fun to see her knock him flat though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I'm kind of a hypocrite when it comes to Two-Face. He's been my favorite Bat-villain since he first appeared on Batman: The Animated series years ago. The reason I like him so much is that he's sympathetic. Not only did he used to be a good person, he had to endure a horrific injury that leaves him looking like a monster. While giving his burn(whether by acid like usual or by Nolan's gasoline) a more realistic look makes him even more sympathetic and monstrous in appearance, it also takes me out of the story. All I can focus on is the open wound. Although this may be more about me since any kind of deformities like burn victims & The Elephant Man always gave me nightmares as a kid. Maybe I'm still carrying some of those fears with me as an adult.
    Consider the alternative to a realistic look though: an unrealistic latex job like the one from Batman Forever. I think that would have pulled everyone out of TDK had that been his look. Instead his appearance was grotesque and hard to look at, and I think that was the point and why he had so little screen time in that form. I'm one of those who wouldn't mind if he turns out to be alive in some later film (if there is no reboot after the third one), but at the same time I could leave him dead and be satisfied unlike Eddie Brock/Venom in Spider-Man 3 or even Ra's Al Ghul in Begins. If Two Face ever did come back, I don't know if I could stand him to appear very often with that injury.
    Last edited by gbagok; January 25, 2011 at 04:10pm.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt has been cast.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni7380494/

Since 500 Days of Summer this guy's face looks eerily like Ledger's.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jester View Post
    Joseph Gordon-Levitt has been cast.
    I think he's still in negotiations for something, but it's still cool news--I hope not an irrelevant role like Anthony Michael Hall had in TDK. In short I think I'll be disappointed if he's cast as anything but the Joker, even if just for a cameo. I'm assuming there will be more movies in this continuity to make that worth the trouble.

From everything Nolan has said about Ledger's work as the Joker, nobody will ever play the Joker again in his Batman films. He is the Joker.

From everything Nolan has said about Ledger's work as the Joker, nobody will ever play the Joker again in his Batman films. He is the Joker.
    There could be ways around that though, everything from Levitt playing the character in flashback (so not as the Joker), to having him play the part out of character for most of his probably brief screen time as if he's reformed but not really. I know those are cheats, and probably way off from what will happen, but I think Nolan just doesn't want the Joker to carry another movie he directs if he can't be played by Ledger. I think Johnny Depp could duplicate or approximate Ledger's portrayal easily, but I can understand why Nolan would rather not do that. I'd rather see Levitt's take because he knew Ledger, and I think he'd try to be respectful and make it work differently. The role cannot die with Ledger any more than it died with Ceasar Romero or Catwoman died with Eartha Kitt.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I don't think the role of Joker need to 'die' per se, but I don't necessarily think he has to be recast or used in another movie.

An offhand comment to Joker's continuing lock-up in Arkham in DKRises would be fine, but I'd really rather they focus on the new villains than recast Joker. As far as the Nolanverse is concerned, Ledger is Joker.

I'd love to see JGR as Riddler, but since Nolan already said he wasn't going that route, I'm just curious to see who he ends up playing.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I also don't want anyone doing a Heath Ledger impersonation during that movie.

Fan made

Last edited by SCB; February 8, 2011 at 02:10pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

looks like Linda Hamilton

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Joseph Gordon-Levitt to play a villain in TDKR
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=30012

While the initial source cites CBM as their source, multiple websites are now claiming confirmation in regards to the much asked question of 'who will Joseph Gordon-Levitt play in TDKR';

"Well he has signed on to the film in a villainous role previously undisclosed until now. Levitt will be portraying Alberto Falcone aka the Holiday Killer.

He is the estranged son of former mob boss Carmine Falcone (portrayed by Tom Wilkinson in Batman Begins) who returns to Gotham to take over the underworld once fiercely ruled by his father before the arrival of Batman."

Whether its true or not, its an interesting bit of information for us to chew on.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Huh. I didn't see that one coming. I really thought he would be The Riddler or the Joker. I think he'd make a great Riddler portrayed the way he was in BTAS. Not like Batman Forever where he was pretty much the Joker.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I think the Alberto Falcone rumor has already been shot down.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/194...alk-shot-down/

Haven't seen this anywhere else yet - if there's an actual press release, it seems weird it's not all over the place (the time on that article is from earlier this afternoon.)

It makes sense, so it may yet be true - but that's the first I've seen anything purporting to be official.

I like those manips.
    It's great being Lord of the Thundercats - especially hanging out with Cheetara - but the one draw back is that He-Man can still beat me up.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post1993306
    Somewhere In Exo-Squad, a fan art by Matt Tyree (just in case you're curious)

Actually, in Batman #1 Joker disguised himself as a cop, you know? Nolan took most of his Joker characterization of the Joker from just the first Joker story in that issue (there were two).

I do usually like Nolan's casting, and I like how he uses the same actors over and over. When I was watching Inception I was trying to think who would make it into the third film. That being said, I do enjoy his Batman films very much, but I don't think they are without flaws. TDK was too drawn out and had some downright head scratching moments in terms of plot and scenes.

I'm a big fan of both Tom Hardy and JGL, so I'm glad to see them both in this film. I'm also glad this will be Nolan's last Bat-film, and I look forward to the films that come after this one.

Aaaaaaah!! Holy cow! A WB rep called my office yesterday about using one of our buildings for a shooting location in Pittsburgh! My company manages a condo building downtown. The rep said they want to possibly use the roof and exterior building shots. I will have a nerdgasm if this happens!
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Insiders tell Variety Joseph Gordon-Levitt will play Alberto Falcone, who is also known as The Holiday Killer.

Also says that someone named Juno Temple is being eyed for "a supporting role as a street-smart Gotham girl".

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118034129?refCatId=13

What's the official word on Marion Cottilard? Has she been confirmed as having signed, or is that still rumor?

Looks like they again are saying sorry -- JLG is not the Holiday Killer

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/03/2...-knight-rises/

Joseph Gordon-Levitt, long-rumored to be joining his Inception brethren in The Dark Knight Rises, will appear in director Christopher Nolan’s third Batman film. But a source close to the situation says that recent reports that Gordon-Levitt will play Alberto Falcone (a.k.a. the Holiday Killer) — the son of former mob kingpin, Carmine Falcone (Tom Wilkinson) — are incorrect. So, Batman fans: Begin the re-speculation now!

I'm hoping he actually is the Joker, but we won't know it until the end much the way we didn't know Neeson was Ra's in Begins. Don't know how to explain the scars though. I'm probably wrong, but the secrecy and misdirections only make me suspect this more.

Maybe Talia introduced him to the Lazarus Pit to further realize the "I think we are destined to do this forever" line. Well, probably not.

HD figures on youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I'm hoping he actually is the Joker, but we won't know it until the end much the way we didn't know Neeson was Ra's in Begins. Don't know how to explain the scars though. I'm probably wrong, but the secrecy and misdirections only make me suspect this more.

Maybe Talia introduced him to the Lazarus Pit to further realize the "I think we are destined to do this forever" line. Well, probably not.
    Man, if that's not the plan, I WISH it was! That is a amazing idea!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    If anything, Joseph Gordon-Levitt looks like he would play a very good Riddler. The Riddler played a prominent role in the Long Halloween storyline. If you guys read the Long Halloween book, you will know that's what Nolan is using in his Batman movies as inspiration.

Who we kidding? Joseph Gordon-Levitt is going to play Robin.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Who we kidding? Joseph Gordon-Levitt is going to play Robin.
    Except Nolan said there would be no Robin in the movies, or else he walks.
    Personally I'd like to see The Riddler.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    Personally I'd like to see The Riddler.
    I would too but, unless he changed his mind, Nolan said he would not use The Riddler either. I really can't wait to get a Batman director who doesn't seem to dislike superheroes.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Well I'll be glad to see someone willing to include Robin (the Grayson Robin, not a girl or some other surrogate), Mr. Freeze, Penguin, magic, and various other elements directing future movies, but the key is to play it all straight and not campy. I think most people now are just wondering if Nolan can live up to the hype created by TDK's success. I definitely don't think the Riddler should be played by someone who looks so much like Ledger, but by now I'd say Riddler is the most demanded Bat-villain and it remains to be seen if the risk of not giving that to fans will pay off. Granted it feels like people wanting Riddler are basically wanting the one villain who is most like the Joker, but I kind of doubt that they will get what they think they want from Bane.

I'll consider it a triumph if the movie leaves the franchise in as good a shape as it found it--unlike Spider-Man 3 and X-Men 3.