Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Talkback Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

For guys like Mr. Freeze, Killer Croc, Man-Bat, etc, I think that's for a Zack Snyder directed Batman vehicle. His stylistic larger than real life vision would make that aspect of Batman work.

Only thing I wish Nolan did, assuming this is the last Bat film for him, is The Ventriloquist/Scar Face. I think that would have been amazing under Nolan.

He should have kept Eckhart and did the Judge / Two Face. And not used Bane for Talia and Catwomen is enough problems. Trust me Two Face could have done some damage to batman under Talia control.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Well I'll be glad to see someone willing to include Robin (the Grayson Robin, not a girl or some other surrogate), Mr. Freeze, Penguin, magic, and various other elements directing future movies, but the key is to play it all straight and not campy.
    I agree. This is something I feel Hollywood(and a lot of the fans too) are wrong about. Just because you feature characters in costumes or monsters like Killer Croc & Clayface doesn't mean it's going to come off like Adam West's Batman(which is still fun if you want to watch something goofy). If played straight, like Batman The Animated Series, it can work. Superman II featured 3 villains from a "Phantom Zone" & a crystal machine that turned off Superman's powers, but I think it still holds up(if you ignore Supes using his S shield as a weapon).
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i feel it would have been poetic if they ended it with the joker.

worried that with the third movie they may try to fit to much & cheapen it.
    Last edited by kylun flac; March 24, 2011 at 05:44am.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    It's going to be hard to top TDK, but I really do think it feels like there should be a third act. Catwoman, Talia and Bane are all fine choices, but I would love to see Riddler; I just don't think it's going to happen.

For all we know, though, Gordon-Levitt could be akin to Anthony Michael Hall last time - he could be a completely new, non-comics-based character.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyskull09 View Post
    He should have kept Eckhart and did the Judge / Two Face. And not used Bane for Talia and Catwomen is enough problems. Trust me Two Face could have done some damage to batman under Talia control.
    As much as I would have loved to see the Judge/Two-Face story brought to the big screen, I think Bane and Talia (if she's actually in this) are perfect for TDKR. I'm not a fan of Catwoman at all, but I love Anne Hathaway so looks like I'm a Catwoman fan for this film lol. Batman needs a worthy challenge in this flick, so far he's only fought Ra's, Joker (which wasn't a fair fight) and some thugs. Bane will give him the ultimate challenge that no other villain could give him, a battle of Brain & Brawn vs Brain & Bigger Brawn! The icing on the cake for me would have been a Two-Face and Bane movie with a cameo from Talia.
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

Hi,

The rumor of Juno Temple being cast in TDKR apparently is true, here´s the info:

http://www.showblitz.com/2011/03/sou...-batman-3.html

They don´t know in which part, but according to Batman on Film, the odds is that she may be the "sidekick" of Selina Kyle: Holly Robinson, which I believe appeared on "Batman Year One".

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman
    What's the official word on Marion Cotillard? Has she been confirmed as having signed, or is that still rumor?
    I would like to know too if she is officially in, the last thing I heard is that a french source(magazine or website) said that she was on the movie, the nothing official yet, and I believe rumors said that she would play Talia, but of course those were only rumors, but I believe a few weeks ago the basic plot of the movie was leaked(don´t know how that happened since Nolan is very careful on these things) and apparently it was true, and the plot had Talia on it, so the odds are that if Marion Cotillard is on the movie, she probably be Talia.

But we have to wait for an official announcement, it shouldn´t take long since I believe they start shooting in a few months since the movie will be release next year.

Later...
    Have You Ever Felt the True Power of the Cosmo?

First tease image of Bane!!!!!!

Hey, glad to start having some news for Dark Knight Rises!
    Through Dark Knight Rises website they started a new viral campaign as done with "Dark Knight" through a sound sample that decoded gave the hint to be derived to a Twitter account (I don't have one so I don't have a clue how it works) with some codes that enabled to check at DKR site again this Hardy's image:

Gosh! I loved the way prior viral campaign has provided hints and I love the way this movie is starting to get form.

On Bane's mask, I like that kind of mouth protection, although not quite sure about seeing his eyes. DK proved me wrong about Joker first impression and I hope I get the same experience again.
    Last edited by Rhanen; May 20, 2011 at 05:44pm.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    DK probed me wrong about Joker first impression and I hope I get the same experience again.
    I make a ton of typos in my posts so I'm not trying to point yours out to be a jerk. I know you meant to say "proved", but that sentence sounds hilarious due to it having a "b" instead of a "v".

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I make a ton of typos in my posts so I'm not trying to point yours out to be a jerk. I know you meant to say "proved", but that sentence sounds hilarious due to it having a "b" instead of a "v".
    Ha ha ha...thank you for letting me know! Man, that mere consonant has changed the focus of the whole post.

Need to keep practicing my English writing (a lot!). Better to have happened here and not in any of my job's emails.

I have edited it to avoid any kind of further misinterpretations
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Ha ha ha...thank you for letting me know! Man, that mere consonant has changed the focus of the whole post.

Need to keep practicing my English writing (a lot!). Better to have happened here and not in any of my job's emails.

I have edited it to avoid any kind of further misinterpretations
    Your English is fine. I'd never have known it wasn't your first language.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; June 11, 2011 at 05:17am.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I am not looking forward to Anne Hathaway portraying Catwoman in this movie, I am not a fan of the Catwoman Character anway so this will be painful, LOL! I am still going to see this movie for the Bane and Batman showdown of course.

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    On Bane's mask, I like that kind of mouth protection, although not quite sure about seeing his eyes. DK proved me wrong about Joker first impression and I hope I get the same experience again.
    It might look a lot better in motion than it does in the stills. Ledger's Joker was a lot like that, and his actual performance added a lot to the role that it would not be possible to capture with a still.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    It might look a lot better in motion than it does in the stills. Ledger's Joker was a lot like that, and his actual performance added a lot to the role that it would not be possible to capture with a still.
    If the still of Ledger's Joker was of him licking his lips, that would have pretty much represented the entire performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    If the still of Ledger's Joker was of him licking his lips, that would have pretty much represented the entire performance.
    I agree. I didn't HATE Ledger's performance, but I found it extremely overrated. I honestly feel if he hadn't died, it wouldn't have had as much acclaim as it did.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I'm sure by now everyone has seen the pictures of Bane. But if anyone has missed the virals videos...

The bottom one has Mike Engel reporting on an Arkham break out.

I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I'm sure by now everyone has seen the pictures of Bane. But if anyone has missed the virals videos...

The bottom one has Mike Engel reporting on an Arkham break out.
    There seem to be zillion of hidden clues in those videos.
    Last video it even has some images and a website address at 0:13 sec which I cannot get to see clearly.

Based on the images, it seems to be some sort of adaptation between Knightfall & Legacy storylines.

I do hope that this movie will cut the 3rd part of a comic book movie trilogy that is the weakest link as has happened with other properties.

My feedback thread

Hi,

According to BOF.com, those videos are not legits:

http://www.batman-on-film.com/batmovienews.html

Scroll down to the June 2 news, it´s headline is "Nope, It's NOT Legit & More"

But I´m not sure if the videos that are mention in the news are the same that davidlogan posted

Later...
    Have You Ever Felt the True Power of the Cosmo?

Mini spoiler "cameo" (¿?) scene

It has been reported that an actor filmed a scene for TDKR as a sort of cameo:

"Liam Nesson"

Everything seems to indicate that it would be some sort of adaptation of Detective Comics 700.

My feedback thread

It has been reported that an actor filmed a scene for TDKR as a sort of cameo:

"Liam Nesson"

Everything seems to indicate that it would be some sort of adaptation of Detective Comics 700.
    THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!! As I've said before: where's the body!?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wallbie View Post
    Unless it's a flashback...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by wallbie View Post
    I'm not fussed by it but for those who don't like to be spoiled maybe you should erase it from your quote, much easier to see white on grey!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I love it. A little Inception-y, but there again, what isn't with Nolan?

I can't wait - I heard rumors of a teaser being attached to Harry Potter this weekend - should be awesome if true.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I agree. I didn't HATE Ledger's performance, but I found it extremely overrated. I honestly feel if he hadn't died, it wouldn't have had as much acclaim as it did.
    Agreed.. That Oscar was a tad much for such a 'I'm angry all the time' performance.. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The most dull Joker ever..
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV