Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 023 Discussion!

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 023 Discussion!

Episode 023 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, "Pixel Dan" Eardley, Jason Clarke and Eamon O'Donoghue
    ...then Danielle Gelehrter
    ...then Nathan Baertsch
    are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

First, we talk about the Shadow Beast being moved to February on Matty Collector.

After that, we discuss more MOTUC bios. This time, Whiplash, Gygor, Roboto and Grizzlor.

Also, don't forget to vote in the Gygor name pronunciation poll!

A few "highlights" of the show:
    • Weenie Roasts!
    • Goolies!
    • Unprofessionalism!

Plus, fellow He-Fan josh on the forums has created this fantastic Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations which contains a ton of info about the show, with all the info about the Fanart, Fansites and Collectibles of the week, along with links to sites and user profiles of interest, and also details on how to contact the show with your feedback. Be sure to check that out!

And as always, you'll enjoy some extra seasoning with this episode's Fanart of the week, Collectible of the week and Fansite of the week!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Direct link for Episode 023

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed

I am not seeing this episode on iTunes so much.

Maybe it takes a minute, I don't know much about casting pods and whatnot.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to it!

It usually shows up within an hour's time.

looking forward to listening to this tonight when i finish work! ...

6 hours to go! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I have to wait until I go to my day job to download this to my iPod. Stupid old ass eMac is limited to iTunes 7.0.

Damn...they are almost finished talking about the bios!!! After Buzz-Off and presumably Bow, they will be all caught up!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Real quick as I'm in a bit of a rush so will post a reply on the rest of the episode later but:

MOTU UK Adventure Magazine #62
    Secret Files of Scrollos: Grizzlor

http://www.he-man.org/publishing/item.php?id=946

The origin of Grizzlor. It explains that Grizzlor comes from a jungle world named Jungulia, on the outer edge of the spiral arm of the N24 galaxy. By the age of 428, Grizzlor had developed a savege anger that shocked his family. One day in a cave he found a box which contained incredibly powerful weapons. Grizzlor saw them as toys, and played with them that way, but they terrified his family and friends! When in orbit over Jungulia, Horde Prime's Sata-Spies detected Grizzlor and mistook him for a powerful evil warrior, and reported him to Horde Prime, who decided the warrior should be recruited into Hordak's Horde. He contacts Hordak and orders him to go to Jungulia. He does so, and when orbiting above, he beams aboard Grizzlor and wipes away all memories of Jungulia from his mind. He was impressed by the weapons Grizzlor had, and believed that Grizzlor had a huge mental genius! Of course, he was later to find that Grizzlor was a totally useless warrior!
    And there is even a scan of the story on the above link for those of you wondering what Jungulia looks like.

I love how much from the UK comic was used in this bio as that what I grew up with.
    Last edited by 13977; October 28, 2010 at 08:38am.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    ...then Nathan Baertsch
    You had to get another co-host after Danielle?! Wow.

Wow is right, cause Nate is the man!

Wow is right, cause Nate is the man!
    Agreed, but if you don't rest the bullpen you're not going to have anything left for the next game...

Our pitch hitters never tire.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Damn...they are almost finished talking about the bios!!! After Buzz-Off and presumably Bow, they will be all caught up!
    There's also the Palace Guards bio.

Time-line-wise, if the Goddess is training these various He-Mans' to keep the sword separated, doesn't there almost have to be more than one of these heroes in close proximity to Adam?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Time-line-wise, if the Goddess is training these various He-Mans' to keep the sword separated, doesn't there almost have to be more than one of these heroes in close proximity to Adam?
    Oo-Larr was the He-Man during the Great Unrest. Quite fitting since he was He-Man before Adam was in real life.

Heroic Warrior
    The timeline is besides some confusing story-telling, really a problem with all the confusing action is going on.

Roboto`s bio is more simple and a good example, how a bio can work out well.

...then Nathan Baertsch
    Nice second name from Danielle...

Gelehrter means in german scholar or bookman
    Last edited by Berserker79; October 28, 2010 at 10:56am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

• I like the regular callers! It's almost the next best thing to being a guest! Like Maryann from Brooklyn, King of all Blacks and Crazy Alice!

• I think Whiplash's intelligence might harkens back to Filmation, in that episode where he tries to learn magic in Trolla and was even behind his own plot.

• Oo-Larr running around just before Adam would suggest that the Eternians see He-Man as some immortal warrior and are unaware that different guys were acting as He-Man. Adam can't be He-Man and doesn't have a secret identity, because he was running around "back in the day".

• Multiple He-Men: I recall that Val once mentioned that Granamyr once mentioned that he's heard the name of He-Man in legend or something. I THINK that's why he's okay with it.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; October 28, 2010 at 11:36am.

Another great show. I really do enjoy the bio discussions, it always points something out that I didn't realize before. Great work. And I love the gooble app, it works great.
    bnl4life

Regarding Roboto, I think a good counter part would be the unmade prototype Evil Robot, rather than Faker who I always viewed as He-Man's Bizarro.

Potential to be even cooler looking based on fan art

today is a great he-man day ... RGD streaming on my phone, and my Roboto just arrived! ... so i'm playing around with the Roboto figure while I listen to the podcast ... Roboto is definitely my new favourite figure! ... so, so cool ...i think the roboto bio works great too - nice and simple, but effective ... and believeable! ...
    Last edited by tmc1984; October 28, 2010 at 01:41pm.
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Here is how Roboto's bio should have been:

Originally created by Keldor as a child so he would have a playmate, Roboto was later forgotten when Keldor grew up. After Keldor was trapped behind the Mystic Wall, Roboto went out looking for his master only to eventually break down in the desert. After many years, a rogue group of Twiggets found and repaired Roboto. He was later bought by Man-At-Arms from the Twiggets in a used robot sale. Man-At-Arms reprogrammed him to be a chess companion for Man-E-Faces. He later joined the Masters of the Universe in the fight against Skeletor.
    Last edited by Lookie; October 28, 2010 at 03:15pm. Reason: Fixed typo
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Keldor builds robots as a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    Here is how Roboto's bio should have been:

Originally created by Keldor as a child so he would have a playmate, Roboto was later forgotten when Keldor grew up. After Keldor was trapped behind the Mystic Wall, Robot went out looking for his master only to eventually break down in the desert. After many years, a rogue group of Twiggets found and repaired Roboto. He was later bought by Man-At-Arms from the Twiggets in a used robot sale. Man-At-Arms reprogrammed him to be a chess companion for Man-E-Faces. He later joined the Masters of the Universe in the fight against Skeletor.
    "Don't do it Keldor! I have the higher ground!"
    "Nothing is beyond my powers!"

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Keldor builds robots as a child?
    Yeah! It seems like an original idea that the line could use:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

First off: The Worst Witch is AWESOME, and the Tim Curry music video steals the show. Of course, Charlotte Rae as a pair of twin witch sisters doesn't hurt either...

Second... Orko to Whiplash to Gygor?

Where's Carnivus?!
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Just had to pause and post this. Maybe you guys talk about this later in the podcast, but in regards to Oo-Larr. Or however it's spelled.

I'm not bothered one bit by him existing around the same time as a grown Adam.
    I actually like that for a couple reasons.

1. It ties the minicomics to the cannon we all know and love. Oolarr can exist at the same time. His calling is done though I'd reckon as soon as Adam get's the sword and takes on his calling as THE He-Man. I don't see a problem with that. I see it as literally a way to justify the minicomics with even the Filmation cannon. It would also explain why Skeletor and Beastman and Merman are runnin' around at that time. (in those first four minicomics)

2. The Legend of He-Man is well and alive durring the time of Adam now, they probably knew of Vikor, Wundar, and Oolarr. Oolarr LOOKS like Adam to a point so in a very realistic way, this helps Adam's disguise as he takes up the title. No one would suspect Adam is He-Man because He-Man (Oolarr) has already been around fightin' the good fight.

If you guys bring this up in the podcast, I'll happily delete these ideas.
    I just thought I'd throw that opinion out there at least.

"Keep readin' the bios!" I can't wait to read the Sorceress' bio... Hopefully she answers a bunch of these questions.

I don't like his name, but I like the concept of Oo-Larr. But then again... I'm fine with the "He-Men"... I'd have to be... They're my fault right? (Green Goddess)
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Just had to pause and post this. Maybe you guys talk about this later in the podcast, but in regards to Oo-Larr. Or however it's spelled.

I'm not bothered one bit by him existing around the same time as a grown Adam.
    I actually like that for a couple reasons.

1. It ties the minicomics to the cannon we all know and love. Oolarr can exist at the same time. His calling is done though I'd reckon as soon as Adam get's the sword and takes on his calling as THE He-Man. I don't see a problem with that. I see it as literally a way to justify the minicomics with even the Filmation cannon. It would also explain why Skeletor and Beastman and Merman are runnin' around at that time. (in those first four minicomics)

2. The Legend of He-Man is well and alive durring the time of Adam now, they probably knew of Vikor, Wundar, and Oolarr. Oolarr LOOKS like Adam to a point so in a very realistic way, this helps Adam's disguise as he takes up the title. No one would suspect Adam is He-Man because He-Man (Oolarr) has already been around fightin' the good fight.

If you guys bring this up in the podcast, I'll happily delete these ideas.
    I just thought I'd throw that opinion out there at least.

I don't like his name, but I like the concept of Oo-Larr. But then again... I'm fine with the "He-Men"... I'd have to be... They're my fault right? (Green Goddess)
    I had a similar thought above, B. Great minds think alike.

First Green Goddess, then TRU Mer-Man, Blonde Bikini Teela and Oo-Larr!
    The Pre-Filmation Era is on a roll!