View Poll Results: Should Blonde Bikini Teela Be a New Character?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, BBT should be a new character!

98 63.64%
  • No, BBT is the normal redhaired Teela

56 36.36%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Blonde Bikini Teela Be A New Character?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Should Blonde Bikini Teela Be A New Character?

How should Mattel explain Blonde Bikini Teela if they do make her?

Would she be some new character who aided Oo-Larr during the Great Unrest or should this be Teela who simply dyed her hair and is wearing a different outfit (as real women usually do from time to time)?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; October 28, 2010 at 04:31pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

I think we would need to be able to establish which He-Man is in that DC mini with her before I can decide. That would be the driving factor for me.

While I'm not dying for BBT to be made, I'd get her if she was. If she is made, I hope she's a different character. I like Teela as a redhead and, since she's not magical, the only way her hair would be a different color is with a dye job. I just can't see her using Lady Clairol.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    The same character. We don't need another stinkin' clone...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I'm not a fan of the multiple characters spawning out of every little variation in recent months. He-Man with no boots is Oo-lar? And don't get me started on the Teela/Sorceress/Goddess situation again. So no, to me Blonde Teela is Teela. Red Hair Teela is Teela. Up Hair Teela is Teela, Down Hair Teela is Teela. All combinations of red/blonde up and down hair are teela...
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

I refuse to vote based on the undeniable fact* that Blond Bikini Teela supersedes the will of anyone. She's just that awesome. Also, as long as they make a worthwhile figure of her, it doesn't matter!

*- "undeniable fact" may not be quite accurate
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    A new character who aided Oo-Larr during the Great Unrest. I'm happy with this. Very happy. I don't like the idea of a blond bikini Teela but I do like her being a new character.

How about Teela-Na before becoming the Sorceress?
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    A new character who aided Oo-Larr during the Great Unrest. I'm happy with this. Very happy. I don't like the idea of a blond bikini Teela but I do like her being a new character.
    I agree 100%, In fact Ive ignored all threads about BBT, but if shes a new character, Im totally onboard!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I vote for the new character, the primordial MOTUverse needs some more gals, at some non-POP gals!
    Danbrenus
    uomo libero e guerriero delle schiere Boiche

http://danbrenus.deviantart.com/
    My pre-Filmation minicomics:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=184385
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189337
    Of course I do commission, after all I have to live!
    Chiaramente accetto commissioni, dovr pur campare...

New character. We have had an explosion of he-men from other times why not female warriors like Teela. Plus I'd be more likely to buy a new character then a Teela variant.

I'd would like for BBT to be the same Teela, but I wouldn't be opposed to her being an ancient version, since a blonde Teela was the precursor to the redheaded version we know now. Maybe Teela is wearing her old leotard...

She probably will be someone else, since most fans seem to like variants better if they were new characters altogether.

She could be Sharella before she became the Goddess... Just include a bow and arrow to make fans of the POG box art for the giants happy.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    How about Teela-Na before becoming the Sorceress?
    Good idea!

I voted 'no'. However if they ever made such a variant and made her another character, I would would just consider her to be the same Teela we aleady know. So it doesn't really matter--the figure is what's important, not what's written in the bio. I will do the same for Jungle He-Man. I follow the original canon so the He-Man and Teela we already have are the same as those potential variants, in my eyes.

I would rather she be a new character, although I would love the hair-down head she'd get to be repainted as a redhead as well to create Teela with that same look. If she was Sharella or The Sorceress before "transitioning" that would be great for me, although I'm not against her being an entirely new character either.

I would also be fine, honestly, if she was created as a rehead in that l;ook and was simply Teela in training togs.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I choose no, should not be a new character.

I'm starting to get really sick of all the new characters based on already established characters. Just stick with what works please. Just make her a Teela variant. She can go blonde and pull out the 2 piece suit if she wants, no reason to make another unnecessary character out of it. They are already going overboard with that kinda stuff which I despise. See all the He-Mans.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I choose no, should not be a new character.

I'm starting to get really sick of all the new characters based on already established characters. Just stick with what works please. Just make her a Teela variant. She can go blonde and pull out the 2 piece suit if she wants, no reason to make another unnecessary character out of it. They are already going overboard with that kinda stuff which I despise. See all the He-Mans.
    Well, we do have all the Sorceresses, which isn't a new idea at all. Veena, Kodak Ungol and Teela'Na. Imagine Mattel filling in the gaps from Veena to Kodak Ungol? That's 500 years of Sorceress/Teela-like characters.

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    I would definitely think new character. But saying that, they don't really need to change her name from Teela. She could have been the first Teela that the current one was named after.

I can't decide. On one hand, I wouldn't mind if that was Sharella, just give her a bow for extra weapon, on the other hand, I like the idea of it being Teela in a cool costume.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I'd much rather BBT being just the same Teela we have always loved, just in a different outfit and new/old hair colour!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I think she should take the name tee-la from the early comics and be the sorceress before becoming a sorceress. they cant use the name teela-na because that is a filmation name and in the mini comics the sorceress and her cloned daughter were both named teela so i think using the original name tee-la would make for less confusion.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    She could be Sharella before she became the Goddess... Just include a bow and arrow to make fans of the POG box art for the giants happy.
    Neat idea and all, and something that gBagok has been toying with.

But, naaah... Not a fan of that one. The Archer-girl on the vintage boxart, that some of us theorize could very well be Sharella - He-Ro's beloved, has a distinctly different style from BBT. For instance, I don't think Archer-girl is even blond!

So, lets keep these two separate. I'm pretty sure Mattel said they have found concept-art for Sharella as well, so she probably has a design that is fairly different from BBT.

I think the idea of her being a variation of the young Teela-Na is an interesting way to go about it.

Of course, then we run into the problem that going by MYP, Teela-Na has a distinctly different style from BBT as well!

Maybe she should just be Teela in disguise or something...

when did mattel say they found sharella art? i wish they would show it but i am sure they wouldnt untill she was revealed as a figure

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Either way, I know I'll just know her as the DC Teela.

In fact I hope I'll be able to get two so I can make a custom Zilora.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/