Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Petition to Matty Team to sell the Point Dread Teela separately

Heroic Warrior

Petition to Matty Team to sell the Point Dread Teela separately

I figured with the uproar over hssss that I'd throw up my cause du jour and request that the new Matty Team release the Filmation Teela as a standalone item from the upcoming Point Dread playset. The whole point of reissuing her was because of the high prices the original garners nowadays. So it kinda defeats the purpose of re doing her if she comes with an expensive playset

Now this idea might have been Scott Neitlich's since he was prone to poor decision making but since the new team has shown a willingness to scratch his ideas why not continue that trend by separating her out. It obviously can't be too late given The apparent ability to do a new Hsss figure that will be ready by November that they didn't even know they were doing a few weeks ago. So I can't see why they can't do the same and order up her as a carded figure. It'll be cheaper for those wanting just her. By removing the figure from the playset it will reduce the price by about thirty to forty dollars. It's a win for everybody. Those that want multiples to have MoC and loose can do so affordably Those that bemoaned the man at arms with battleram win and if you want both purchase each individually costing out the same
    Matty please expand the new Filmation toyline and please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

Heroic Warrior
    Since this isn't protected, I'd like to chime in that I'm perfectly okay with the situation at hand. I want PD/TF to move and render possibility for future vehicles/playsets, so I'm cool if an in-demand figures comes with it to help move it.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Karg, Andros, Monstroid, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

I agree, keep it as it. I very much want that version of Teela, and like that it comes with her. Anything to get out more toys is fine with me. I also think it's too late to make these types of changes anyway.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER TOP PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian and Gleep Admiral Scurvey and Squall Starburst She-Ra Grot Spyster Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

I'm happier that the playset comes with Teela, because if it didn't and she was just a one off day of sale item too many scalpers would get her, at least this way she comes with a more than likely expensive playset that dare I say evryone who has a castle greyskull will want and the profit margin for ebay sellers will be minimal due to how much shipping PD and Teela will cost to sell to their prospective buyers. High shipping prices deters many EBAY auctions, trust me I know
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Heroic Warrior
    Point dread and talon fighter should move on their own otherwise they shouldn't be made
    Matty please expand the new Filmation toyline and please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

I don't agree that it is apparent that Mattel didn't know they were doing a new figure (Hssss) a few weeks ago. I think they simply chose not to say, which was colossally stupid of them. I have no preference over what's in the Point Dread package, and no desire to petition Mattel to change their plans on that particular product. Incidentally, if they had chosen to reveal the Hssss news at an event (SDCC) where there was so much positivity and goodwill over the future of MOTUC, I think we would have taken the news a lot better, and used the opportunity to tackle it head-on with representatives. Part of the reason the Hssss backlash has generated so much vehemence is the feeling of impotence in being left out of the process of discussing the problem. Verbal exchanges are rarely as heated as online rants.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd prefer it if she were sold separately, as I already have a Teela, but this is the way that it was announced so I have no real complaint over it, just a different preference. I think that we have some very serious other issues going on right now, and I hope that Mattel concentrates on them, rather than being distracted by this. I think that this is exactly the time not to throw in "cause[s] du jour", as it might give Mattel cover to avoid the much more serious stuff.

The item has been in production for ages now. No way to change it since there is only 4 months till it's released. So Teela 2.0 is coming in the set slated for November release.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    It's annoying she's packed with Point Dread but understand why she is and accept that to some degree - however, I'm most concerned about Teela arriving with Derpy eyes - how do we get replacements? Send the entire thing back?
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Point dread and talon fighter should move on their own otherwise they shouldn't be made
    Like Castle Grayskull? Some adult collectors don't buy vehicles or playsets. That's why we've never had a vehicle or playset disappear from Mattycollector. Everyone is in this mostly for the figures, but a chunk of fans want the old vehicles and playsets out of nostalgia or completionism.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

On a hill in the woods just around the corner
    I want Teela 2.0, Point Dread, and Talon Fighter so I am happy they are coming together.
    ......... ........

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

Personally, I want my filmation Teela released seperately. Have no interest in the Talon Fighter. If she does end up being released with it, I will have to skip her and make do with my gold bikini Teela variant.
    I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!!!

I am very happy to get them all together. I am hoping to put my BG Teela head on the Filmayion body and a more mini comic looking Teela.
    What you won't see until a potential 2016 line are characters like Illumina, Red Beast, Dare or Crimson Rose.

I like the idea of a figure and a playset/vehicle together. It harkens back to the good old 80s.
    Follow me on Instagram @Clo4k4ndD4gger for MOTUC pics and more.

My Top Most Wanted MOTUC: The Twiggets, Granita, Dylamug, Quakke, Sagitar, Spinwit, Spirit, Staghorn, Cringer (articulated adult form), Catra's Cat Form, Kayo, Filmation Tung Lashor, Master Sebrian, Drissi, Caz, Kittrina, Hawke/Delora, Attak Trak, Roton, Land Shark, Spidor, Crystal Castle, the Fright Zone.

It was said in the Pixel Dan walk-threw that a real Flimation Teela will be coming as part of the He-man and the MOTU line....so you'll be able to get her alone at some point!
    The revolution will not give your mouth sex appeal
    The revolution will not get rid of the nubs
    The revolution will not make you look five pounds thinner
    Because the revolution will not be televised, Brother

Heroic Warrior
    The only reason I would have wanted her separately is so that I can buy another one. But buying the full set again just to get another Teela would be a bit too much. But I'm fine generally with the set coming out like this.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    It was said in the Pixel Dan walk-threw that a real Flimation Teela will be coming as part of the He-man and the MOTU line....so you'll be able to get her alone at some point!

2019 maybe? Uggh. Maybe the pace of Filmation will pick up after 2016 though...

I want the Teela, I don't want the rest. But sticking the damn Teela in there, is making me consider buying it all, then trying to offload the vehicle and playset, I guess. I totally see why they stuck Teela where she is. Total bait, and like a total sucker I'm gonna take it, aren't I? I'm saying all this, and I haven't even seen a decent shot of Teela! Oh, this toyline...

Teela is the reason why I'm getting PD & TF... It kinda makes sense selling a figure with a Vehicle... The only Issue I see is attaching figures to Playsets. Sadly, it's too late for changes and stuff.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Either way works for me. I want all of it. I prefer carded figures,but what ever works.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Someone is gonna spend 150$ for a figure of 30$? I dont see the collector of figures point here.

I dont want figures with vehicles, because I pay a lot already... But if a figure must be included I prefer to get NEW CHARACTERS rather than repaints (2000 MAA was unrequested figure and is a waste of money IMO).
    MATTEL you owe me a SNAKE TORSO!!!

TOP 25 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST

-SONGSTER -KARG -SCROLLOS -LANDSHARK -3 ETERNIAN TOWERS
    -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA -METEORBS -MONSTROID -BLASTERHAWK

NA: -GLEANONS -GALACTYMITES -WEAPONSTRONIC -SAGITAR -STAGHORN
    MYP: -QUEEN ANDREENO -GNOME MARZO -ORACLE -ODIPHUS -BONE MUTANT
    POG: -GRAY -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR

I'd absolutely like them sold separatedly.
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

Nope keep it as is...will be easy to acquire, and keep Scalpers away from Teela. I like being able to buy all 3 items in one fail proof swoop. Thank You Mattel!

Also this teela comes with specific accessories for the point dread, and on top of that, Brandon said (in pixel dan's sdcc 2015 walktru) that a solo teela would totally possible in the future but they wanted to make sure she'd actually be totally filmation accurate.

Think of it as paying Ebay Teela prices for the figure but now you get a free playset.

No way! Not including Teela would pretty much kill the playset. Nobody would buy it. I really don't think Point Dread would sell well without it. People want it for the Teela figure, lol.