Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which actors (voice and live action) would you like to see at Power Con?

Colors make you happy! Rainbow Brite's Avatar

Which actors (voice and live action) would you like to see at Power Con?

I think my top picks would be:

Melendy Britt
    Alan Oppenheimer
    Cam Clarke
    Erika Scheimer
    Brian Dobbs
    Dolph Lundgren
    Robert Duncan McNeill
    Jack and Leslie Wadsworth

What about you?

Edit: My #1 pick will always be John Erwin - I just know he has expressed disinterest in the past, which is why I didn't put him in my list. But I would LOVE LOVE LOVE if he ever changed his mind :-)

Heroic Warrior
    I know that James Tolken(Lubec) has been at Dragon con a few times. So, I can probably see him at Power Con. Unfortunately the little guy who play Gwildor(Billy Barty) pasted a way a number of years ago.

John Erwin for sure. Even if he joined us by video or voice conference.

I'd also love to see Chelsea Field accept the invite. Other film actors would also be excellent. It was great having Christina Pickles in 2013. Frank Langella would be amazing. Erika Sheimer should also really be fantasic, I haven't met her yet and would really love to. The Wadsworth's will hopefully always be back. They have become a Power-Con institution, and are lovely people.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian and Gleep Admiral Scurvey and Squall Starburst She-Ra Scratchin' Sound CatraGrot Spyster Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

John Erwin! I've been wanting to meet him for a very long time. I went to power-con in 2012, I will go again if John Erwin will be there.
    No sacrifice is for nothing, if it helps other people. - He-Man
    Episode: Eye of the beholder

Market place feedback:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ht=mosquitor87

Member of the Arizona Mazters!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Dolph Lundgren. Period.

James Tolkan, too.

Any of the other film actors would be nice.

Courtney Cox for sure!
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, HAWKE, UNCLE MONTORK & DREE-ELLE, TUVAR, BADDHRA, KARG

I met Dolph Lundgren in Melbourne a few months back. He seemed bewildered by the whole "convention" thing.. LOL. He was very nice though.

I'd love to see Melendy Britt, for sure!!! (Especially since I missed her first appearance)

But, John Erwin, OMG 100%!! I would die if he was available for 2016!!
    Is there anything fans can do to persuade him? Maybe we could make a video to send to him? Fans from all over the world telling him how much He-Man means to us and how we'd like to thank him in person at Power Con?

Ooooo good calls on Christina Pickles, Frank Langella and James Tolkan! I rather doubt they'd be able to get Courtney Cox, but who knows!

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    But, John Erwin, OMG 100%!! I would die if he was available for 2016!!
    Is there anything fans can do to persuade him? Maybe we could make a video to send to him? Fans from all over the world telling him how much He-Man means to us and how we'd like to thank him in person at Power Con?
    I like that idea!

I think given his reasons for not appearing (he thinks people would be disappointed upon meeting him) that such an idea might backfire and make him more reluctant to appear in person. I think the voice conference idea might work better for someone reluctant to show in person. But that's just my own speculation.
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    I like that idea!
    Lets make it happen!!
    Fans submit videos and we get them edited together..
    Do we have anyone that can take on the task of video editing?

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Meg Foster!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Manis007 View Post
    I think given his reasons for not appearing (he thinks people would be disappointed upon meeting him) that such an idea might backfire and make him more reluctant to appear in person. I think the voice conference idea might work better for someone reluctant to show in person. But that's just my own speculation.
    You may be right. How about we let the organizers of Power Con weigh in on this before we get ahead of ourselves

An entire Master Movie cast reunion would be amazing! Do would a Filmation voice cast reunion. It's like Pokemon....gotta get em all!

Dolph Lundgren!! and of course Skeletor AKA Alan Oppenheimer!!

I really enjoy threads like this. Please keep the posts coming!

But...
    John Erwin...
    He is honored everyone wants to meet him. But he is not interested in conventions. Not at all. We've tried every year to get him to the show. This last time it was made abundantly clear that he won't do conventions. Not even with a video conference or a call-in.

So, I'm respecting Mr. Erwin's wishes as well as his privacy, and I won't be asking again. We'll have to instead settle for enjoying hearing him voice He-Man when we rewatch the Filmation cartoon.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

Odd choice, but one of the best con talkers out the and does have a MOTU/MOTUC connection is Seth Green and the Robot Chicken crew .
    the Action Figure Blues Podcast is live and is now available for direct download! or Download and subscribe to the podcast at iTunes now! Fellow Collectors Talking all things in the world of Action Figure Collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    Odd choice, but one of the best con talkers out the and does have a MOTU/MOTUC connection is Seth Green and the Robot Chicken crew .
    OMG I might die from the sheer nerdom of being in Seth Green's presence I would love to meet him someday though! And make him pay for what he did to Rainbow Brite on Robot Chicken..

I really hope Melendy Britt returns! If my daughter could meet She-Ra, it would be a moment she will never forget!
    Hey Matty, Snake Mountain rocks! Please don't downsize it!

Alan Ophenneimer is da man but Brian Dobbs has dubbed a good skeletor too! want them both!

Melendy Britt yeah would be great, I've seen her panel on utube and what a pleasure! she's welcome in the fandom anytime she wants plus Erika Scheimer without a doubt

My biggest dreams are Dolph Lundgren (must have a role in the next movie for sure ), Frank Langella and Monica cough cough Courtney Fox and if Ross & Monica wants to join the party well, that would be fantastic haaa
    I want joey too haaa
    Last edited by Triklops 1; August 24, 2015 at 04:30pm.
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Whats next ?
    -------------------THE GREATEST MOVIE IN THE GALAXY ------------------------

This question is kind of a dead end - I mean, the shows were voiced by like six people, weren't they? Every episode we watch proceeds like a Monty Python sketch in my house:

Daughter: Daddy, that evil witch sounds just like She-Ra.
    Me: No she doesn't!
    Son: She does - it's the same voice.
    Me: No it isn't!
    Daughter: She's talking to She-Ra and it's the same lady answering.
    Me: That parrot is merely sleeping!
    Son: This parrot is no more. It is an expired parrot.

Anyway, my kids would love to meet Alan Oppenheimer, as long as he'll cry, "You nincompoops!" when he meets them.

Quote Originally Posted by loolar View Post
    This question is kind of a dead end - I mean, the shows were voiced by like six people, weren't they?
    Maybe you missed the "live action" part of the title. Plus, it's not about having every single voice actor there (and yes, there were more than 6). It's about showing support for the few you'd really like to see/meet.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    While John Erwin has every right to his detachment and seclusion, I am exceptionally disappointed with his attitude and what feels like an apparent disregard for this fan base! At this point I wouldn't cross the street to see him. I can imagine the fame accumulated by actors and voice actors could become a lot to deal with when you're constantly asked to "do the voice" but how can you not want to to see and experience in person the results of your work with an adoring fan base? I'd rather see Peter Cullen at Power Con at this point.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    While John Erwin has every right to his detachment and seclusion, I am exceptionally disappointed with his attitude and what feels like an apparent disregard for this fan base! At this point I wouldn't cross the street to see him. I can imagine the fame accumulated by actors and voice actors could become a lot to deal with when you're constantly asked to "do the voice" but how can you not want to to see and experience in person the results of your work with an adoring fan base? I'd rather see Peter Cullen at Power Con at this point.
    Wanna talk about "Do the voice".... we Knight Rider fans have been trying to get William Daniels for years... YEARS... he has much the same stance as John Erwin. So seeing as how I love MOTU and KR equally, I very much feel the anguish!
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    ...I am exceptionally disappointed with his attitude and what feels like an apparent disregard for this fan base! At this point I wouldn't cross the street to see him.
    Like I said above, he's honored fans want to meet him. But he has every right to remain a private person, and that's in no way a disregard to the fan base. The only negative attitude in this situation is the notion that he has failed the fan base in some way by not engaging fans directly.

That's not a him-thing. That's a you-thing. It's about what you want and what you'd like to see happen. But he doesn't owe you anything, no matter how much you'd like to meet or interact with him.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I really enjoy threads like this. Please keep the posts coming!

But...
    John Erwin...
    He is honored everyone wants to meet him. But he is not interested in conventions. Not at all. We've tried every year to get him to the show. This last time it was made abundantly clear that he won't do conventions. Not even with a video conference or a call-in.

So, I'm respecting Mr. Erwin's wishes as well as his privacy, and I won't be asking again. We'll have to instead settle for enjoying hearing him voice He-Man when we rewatch the Filmation cartoon.
    IMO it's sad that he doesn't want to meet his fans especially when it would be so effortless. It's also baffling that he doesn't want to make a ton of money. He could go to NYCC or Wizard World and lines would be out the door. Yet he doesn't want that money? Truly baffling.

Just my thoughts, but I believe if he did one convention and see how much money he can make, he would do more.

Like John Erwin, Frank Langella would have already done a con if he wanted to. So I can't see him at Power Con.

Dolph Lundgren did a con in Australia but I can't see him doing Power Con as his appearance fee would be pretty high. If he does something it would be a bigger show like NYCC or Wizard World.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    Maybe you missed the "live action" part of the title. Plus, it's not about having every single voice actor there (and yes, there were more than 6). It's about showing support for the few you'd really like to see/meet.
    Sorry I was being a bit facetious. Was hoping the Monty Python exchange would make that clear.