Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what figure would you most dread?

what figure would you most dread?

Ok so I did a couple searches and couldn't find a thread quite like this so if I missed it I apologize and understand if it needs to be merged. With all the polls of figures for 2016 and beyond is there any character that you despise enough that would make even the most adament completes in you cringe? What figure would you most dread seeing a classics version of?

For me there are quite a few easy passes but the character I most dread would be Oolar. I think a naked He-Man is a total waste of a spot and quite ridiculous yet he has enough support that he might happen which scares me. I wouldn't mind a 2.0 He-man with a vintage style or Alcala head though. Just not a whole figure of a barefoot dude with furry underwear and a spear. Talk about most boring design ever.

So who do you dread?

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    'Dread' is such hyperbole. If you don't want the figure, sell it. Or donate it. Or burn it to show your distaste (and be out $25 plus shipping).

There are plenty of figures that I really don't care to own. If any of them come in the sub, I'll just see if my wife wants them, or sell them.

With regards to figures I'm not looking forward to, I'd say many of the one-off characters from Filmation. I dunno. Pick one.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Although I would dread about 95% of the variants or any clone type characters, Melaktha is probably the one figure I would dread the most. He's just so plain looking and despite his appearances in the Filmation series, I've never felt any desire to want to see him make it into plastic form.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Too many to name but the recent voting polls have opened my eyes to even more possible horrors...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Evil Master of Laceration mikescab's Avatar
    The widgets or any of those little goofy filmation characters like another trollan. Sorry just my opinion.
    Mike Scabs

Hmm...hard to say. I now own Loo-Kee and I don't plan to get rid of him.

Eh, ya know what? Nothin'. I can use just about anything for a joke. It's all useful.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

for me....ANY of the small creatures.. and any filmation variant of any vintage character...
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Skeleteen and He-Ro/Dare...That being the future of MOTU scares the **** out of me

I would have preferred the Son of He-Man bible concepts...
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    'Dread' is a little strong, but in terms of figures I really wouldn't want to see, especially in a subscription model? Pretty much any of the new comic designs as variants of existing characters, and pretty much any redesigns/repaints/reissues of any existing characters. Outside of the original vintage variants we're still missing, I think the only versions of characters who are already on my shelf I really wouldn't want to avoid having are Filmation Hordak and Filmation Clawful.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

i guess there aren't that i really 'dread' if i dont like them, i just dump them.

Evil Master of Laceration mikescab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    Skeleteen and He-Ro/Dare...That being the future of MOTU scares the **** out of me

Yes absolutely. Anything involving this concept is awful in my opinion. so far...
    Mike Scabs

Any of the made up ones, especially those designs in the last mini comic. YUK!
    "Problems Weaver?"

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    "Disco" Skeletor. I despise that figure with an unholy passion!

In fact, I posted about it today in another thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post3445270

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post

I'd be cool with the SoH "bible" version of He-Ro/Dare, but I really don't want the mini-comic version, and I agree on Skeleteen... it's just a bad idea, a bad name, and a bad design all around... it's reeks of a bad idea from the mid 90s (though "Disco" Skeletor still outranks even him in my book).

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Gepple and the other three scientists from New Adventures. Awful designs, and they'd be next to impossible to resell.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Any figure with the words "smash blade" on the package. Still gives me a nervous tick at the very mention of the phrase...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Dread is quite a strong word... Unless we're talking about Battleground Vykron or Disco Laser Lot...

Yet, what I don't want right now is another Plundor or Nepthu instead of Vultak or Granita...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

I'd say Songster really would be a thorn in my side and cause me a loss when I sell him, though I'm out after this year and will finally cherry pick off the marketplace, ebay, and BBTS, so there's very little in the way they can "force" me to buy at this point, unless he's the december figure. I've already got rid of my hydron,and unnamed one, I just have to find a way of selling my flogg, NA skeletor and rumored oolar. The rest I'm thankfully keeping.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Filmation Hordak.

He's the most likely minor variant that could actually happen. I think he'd be a huge waste of a spot that could go to an original character.

I'm pretty open to it all. Even characters I was not particulary excited about came out as nice figures, so I don't dread any of it. If I did, I wouldn't subscribe to get everything.

Gwildor.... BURN IT WITH FIRE!!
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Trollans.
    Madame Razz.
    Songster.

Well, at least we may get lucky enough to dodge one of the three...

Chef Allen (or Alan), Crackers the Clown, Skeleteen, Lame-Ro: The NA He-Man Repaint.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'm surprised no one said any New Adventures characters yet.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    "Disco" Skeletor. I despise that figure with an unholy passion!
    Your unholy passion fuels my insane desire for that figure! It MUST happen! Even at the expensive of your irritation, good sir. I will gladly accept the figure into this toyline for multiple reasons:

1. It's just hilariously garish and fantastic.

2. People hate it SO MUCH that it's bound to create tons of comedic rants and maybe even some super haters making videos of the figure melting in a fire or something, which will be AWEOSME.

3. To finally acknowledge that this toyline was and always will be ridiculous, and that it should be embraced. Disco Skeletor raises it's fists and screams that fact into the sky! Perhaps he's screaming "WHHYYY?!", but the resounding answer will always be: "Because this toyline has anything and everything and it's INSANE!"
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Your unholy passion fuels my insane desire for that figure! It MUST happen! Even at the expensive of your irritation, good sir. I will gladly accept the figure into this toyline for multiple reasons:

1. It's just hilariously garish and fantastic.

2. People hate it SO MUCH that it's bound to create tons of comedic rants and maybe even some super haters making videos of the figure melting in a fire or something, which will be AWEOSME.

3. To finally acknowledge that this toyline was and always will be ridiculous, and that it should be embraced. Disco Skeletor raises it's fists and screams that fact into the sky! Perhaps he's screaming "WHHYYY?!", but the resounding answer will always be: "Because this toyline has anything and everything and it's INSANE!"
    Of course, you know, THIS means war!!!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"