Thread: I Feel Like I Get the Worst Female Figure Samples

I Feel Like I Get the Worst Female Figure Samples

When I look at other people's copies of the figures, they all look really beautiful with perfect face paint apps. I feel like I get the worst factory ones. Not necessarily major QC issues, but the paint on my female figures is usually pretty ugly in comparison or something isn't right with the assembly.

(1)My Adora's eyebrows were painted very low making her look mean

(2)My She-Ra's tiara was placed really high making her look like she has a huge Klingon forehead. Also her top lip was painted really thin

(3)My Netossa's hair was on crooked

(4)My Glimmer was missing the eyeliner underneath

(5)My Teela's eyes are incongruent

(6)My Sorceress teeth have a red dot on them

(7)My Frosta was missing the eye shadow

(8)My Scorpia has a tiny paint ball on the tip of the nose looks like a zit

(9)My Mermista has a crooked hair and a way too high hairline. Her lips also are painted thin instead of full

(10)My Spinnerella's eyebrows are painted very low, making her look not as pretty or serene. Also her lipstick is painted low so she kind of has a monkey mouth.

^I know...these are more like nitpicks, but I just feel like everyone gets better female figures than me. I am an artist, so I notice little details when it comes to action figure faces. Especially the females.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Maybe they see you're in New Jersey, and they just figure it's ok?

Just kidding!

Does anyone live in Beverly Hills or Honolulu here?

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Maybe they see you're in New Jersey, and they just figure it's ok?
    I wish that were the case, then I would at least have an explanation that makes sense.

I have figure envy.

Heroic Warrior
    The pop gals seem to receive less care and attention than the male figures. I wonder if it has to do with how they require more effort from applying the bodice and gluing it in place to putting on the separate hair sculpts to the headsculpts to more complex paint apps.

Frankly if something irks me I don't hesitate returning it to mattel for a replacement be it sloppy paint, glue, misapplied hairpieces , too thin or thick lip paint apps. I've waited thirty plus years for these figures and paid too much to settle for subpar product

- - - Updated - - -

Can you post pics

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    You don't like the female figures you get on the matty website!?

You should try PlentyOfFish.

You'll be running back for bad paint apps on a battleground Teela!

If you're a subscriber and you're not happy with your figures, then by all means you should return them. Optionally, you can try doing some touch up work to make them look better.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    When I look at other people's copies of the figures, they all look really beautiful with perfect face paint apps. I feel like I get the worst factory ones. Not necessarily major QC issues, but the paint on my female figures is usually pretty ugly in comparison or something isn't right with the assembly.

(1)My Adora's eyebrows were painted very low making her look mean

(2)My She-Ra's tiara was placed really high making her look like she has a huge Klingon forehead. Also her top lip was painted really thin

(3)My Netossa's hair was on crooked

(4)My Glimmer was missing the eyeliner underneath

(5)My Teela's eyes are incongruent

(6)My Sorceress teeth have a red dot on them

(7)My Frosta was missing the eye shadow

(8)My Scorpia has a tiny paint ball on the tip of the nose looks like a zit

(9)My Mermista has a crooked hair and a way too high hairline. Her lips also are painted thin instead of full

(10)My Spinnerella's eyebrows are painted very low, making her look not as pretty or serene. Also her lipstick is painted low so she kind of has a monkey mouth.

^I know...these are more like nitpicks, but I just feel like everyone gets better female figures than me. I am an artist, so I notice little details when it comes to action figure faces. Especially the females.
    Post some pictures. I am sending back one of my Mermista for bad paint apps, she has an air bubble that popped on her chin.

Court Magician Glimmer The Guide's Avatar
    My Spinnerella from matty was a mess her face paint was shocking and also some scratches on her streamers, plus the paint chips on her hair was mega disappointed but the one I bought on ebay arrived today and she's immaculate face paint and hair perfect, as is the body just one ankle which is very loose but that I can live with, shes gorgeous

I decided to give all of my duplicate figures to my niece and nephew at Christmas time. I had never opened a package before, so opening them all with a couple of five year-olds was a trip! They were as excited as I was, but I was dismayed to find flaws with almost every single figure. Almost every female had a bobble head and loose ankles. About 50% of the males had them, as well, but the females were definitely worse. The paint also seemed to be chipping off where they touched the packaging. Most of the females had sloppy paint, especially in the back of them. Do they deteriorate like this in the packages? Did I wait too long to open them? The kids don't care, but I certainly am disappointed.