Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 311

Thread: The MotUC Timeline

  1. #26
    Rainbow Warrior Irian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    Where did you find this?

    "Evil-Lyn frees Gygor to bolster Skeletor's forces against the new Horde army."
    The news entry for Gygor's bio: http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=1377

    Eventually, Hordak returned to Eternia and the savage gorilla was freed by Evil-Lyn in her attempt to bolster Skeletor's forces against the new Horde army.

  2. #27
    Heroic Warrior Beastmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    882
    Cool, thanks. I've read the bio but apparently never paid much attention to that last sentence. I remembered he was freed by Evil-Lynn (who wasn't) but didn't remember what happened to him afterwards.

  3. #28
    Rainbow Warrior Irian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    Cool, thanks. I've read the bio but apparently never paid much attention to that last sentence. I remembered he was freed by Evil-Lynn (who wasn't) but didn't remember what happened to him afterwards.
    No problem. *g* Collecting the info really helped me myself to get a grasp of what is going on in the bios

  4. #29
    Yuengling danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    2,235
    I wonder where Kudok Ungol would fit into the timeline IF we ever got Filmation, and IF they used her in the current cannon.
    Danielsan

    Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

    https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

  5. #30
    Rainbow Warrior Irian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,497
    I think it would be entirely possible to have her as the previous Sorceress - some time between the first Man-At-Arms and the Great Unrest.

    Another question though: If Hordak knows about the prophecy of the twin warriors - wouldn't he know who He-Man and She-Ra really are?

  6. #31
    Heroic Elder Hoffrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    681
    Not really. Hordak knows that the twins are heirarchy of Grayskull, but that doesnt mean he knows that Randor or Keldor are. He probably knows that He-man and She-ra are the twins, but not who they truly are. He was banished to another dimension this whole time.
    Darth Pardus

    Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

  7. #32
    Rainbow Warrior Irian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    Not really. Hordak knows that the twins are heirarchy of Grayskull, but that doesnt mean he knows that Randor or Keldor are. He probably knows that He-man and She-ra are the twins, but not who they truly are. He was banished to another dimension this whole time.
    Yes, but the bio seems to imply Hordak ordered Skeletor to abduct Adam and Adora because he thinks they are the twins of the prophecy ...

  8. #33
    Heroic Warrior acidophilus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Snow Camp, NC
    Posts
    88
    Why do you think the "Randor and Keldor join together and defeat Marzo" during the Marzo uprisings events happens after Keldor's banishment from the Castle?

  9. #34
    Rainbow Warrior Irian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by acidophilus View Post
    Why do you think the "Randor and Keldor join together and defeat Marzo" during the Marzo uprisings events happens after Keldor's banishment from the Castle?
    Good question. Let's take a look:

    a) In order for Keldor and Randor to be able join forces it seems reasonable to me to assume that Miro has to be already missing at this point (otherwise Miro would be in charge). It also seems logical to me that there needs to be a rift between Randor and Keldor in order to make sense of the "join forces" sentence. If they weren't apart why mention that the joined forces?
    b) I assume that the King is one of the few people who could banish a prince like Keldor from the Royal Palace. Randor was appointed only after he defeated Keldor in the Great Unrest. And Miro vanished during the Count Marzo Uprisings. Therefore I find it logical that Keldor was banished by Miro before the Uprisings. Who else could be responsible for the banishment?
    c) The sentence "Randor came of age during the Great Unrest, a time when conflict returned to Eternia following the Count Marzo Uprisings and the subsequent betrayal by his half brother Keldor." implies a short period of time between the Uprisings and the Great Unrest. But Keldor learns the dark arts only after his banishment. Therefore, to me it seems plausible to assume that Keldor needs to be banished earlier in order to let him have enough time to learn from Hordak.

    On the other hand: If you have some arguments for a different time frame I would love to hear them and change the time line if necessary.

  10. #35
    Heroic Warrior acidophilus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Snow Camp, NC
    Posts
    88
    Your time-line seems well though out. I agree with you about the "join forces" sentence.

    As for who banished Keldor. Do you not believe it could have been the council of elders? Keldor seemed to have have just as much resentment for them as he did for Randor. At least that's the feeling I got from the 200x series.

  11. #36
    Rainbow Warrior Irian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,497
    The first post has been updated with the new information from Battle-Armor Skeletor's bio. The end of the Great Unrest, Adora's kidnapping and the cloning of the Sorceres had to be complete changed/restructured.

    Regarding Bow's bio:
    First post has been updated with a first draft for the events on Etheria. The events will probably change as new information gets revealed.

    Regarding Pretenia Disguise He-Man: First post has been updated with He-Man's time travel to Preternia.

  12. #37
    Evil Sorcerer! Pravus Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,697
    Good work!

    Some of the sentences are a bit fragmented though, such as:

    Man-At-Arms prevents Adam being taken by Skeletor

    Could be a bit better with:

    Man-At-Arms prevents Adam from being taken by Skeletor, but really, great work.

    Though, like Acidophilus, I prefer to think that Keldor was banished afterwards. This is mostly due to my stance that Keldor did something that would prompt banishment; it doesn't make much sense for him to be Prince Keldor and then suddenly cast aside at the last minute due to racism (Gar distrust).

    Keldor joining forces doesn't have to mean that they were on seperate forces to begin with, just that they weren't fighting side by side to begin with. Say if Keldor was an amateur sorcerer and Randor a soldier, they'd probably have spent little time together. With a threat like Marzo then, both their skills would be needed and would explain how they succeeded. Additionally, if Keldor was the one responsible for turning Marzo into a powerless old man, that could be the impetus for Keldors banishment.

    That said, your way works just fine too.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

  13. #38
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,387
    What about Clamp Champ replacing Duncan as the recruiter of Palace Guards? Interesting little tidbit to fit in there somewhere. Before or after He-Man goes to Primus? Hmmmm. . .

  14. #39
    Rainbow Warrior Irian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
    Some of the sentences are a bit fragmented though, such as:

    Man-At-Arms prevents Adam being taken by Skeletor

    Could be a bit better with:

    Man-At-Arms prevents Adam from being taken by Skeletor, but really, great work.
    Thank for the information. Any information on errors like that are very welcome (English is not my first language).

    Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
    Though, like Acidophilus, I prefer to think that Keldor was banished afterwards.
    [snip]
    That said, your way works just fine too.
    Thanks, I think for the moment I am keeping the current time line, but I will keep your very valid points in mind

    Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    What about Clamp Champ replacing Duncan as the recruiter of Palace Guards? Interesting little tidbit to fit in there somewhere. Before or after He-Man goes to Primus? Hmmmm. . .
    Yeah, that was the main problem why I left it out. If we assume MAA was turned into a Snake Man at one point, we could place this event around that time.

  15. #40
    Heroic Warrior Croaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    399
    I'll be updating my timeline with the new info as well.

    Just wanted to say that I agree with Irian about the reasoning and timing of Keldor's banishment and 'joining forces' with Randor. These are the same conclusions that I'd come to independantly as well.

  16. #41
    Evil Sorcerer! Pravus Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,697
    I was reviewing the bios to answer a friends question and I just realized it is spelled out, Keldor did leave after the Marzo Uprising.

    Randors own Bio states: "King Miro’s scond born son, Randor came of age during the Great Unrest, a time when conflict returned to Eternia following the Count Marzo Uprisings and the subsequent betrayal by his half brother Keldor."

    Someone who is banished can't betray those who banished them.

    Of course this all boils down to Keldors backstory not making much sense when you try to sort out all of the events from all the relevant bios.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

  17. #42
    Rainbow Warrior Irian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
    I was reviewing the bios to answer a friends question and I just realized it is spelled out, Keldor did leave after the Marzo Uprising.

    Randors own Bio states: "King Miro’s scond born son, Randor came of age during the Great Unrest, a time when conflict returned to Eternia following the Count Marzo Uprisings and the subsequent betrayal by his half brother Keldor."

    Someone who is banished can't betray those who banished them.
    I can see your point, but if you see a banishment as a normal legal punishment it could be a different thing. I mean if you were so "kind" to "just" banish someone and then he gathered an army to attack you, wouldn't you see this as a betrayal as well? *g*

    But mainly I would argue that Keldor has to be banished at least before his betrayal because the reason was at least "in part" mistrust against the Gar. If Keldor has betrayed the people of Eternia, mistrust against the Guar would probably not be a reason for the banishment - the betrayal would be the sole reason.

  18. #43
    Heroic Warrior Croaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    399
    yes, I like to think of it as keldor is banished - wanders around for a while.
    His father who banished him disappears.
    Great strife (count marzo uprisings)
    Keldor and randor unite forces to defeat Marzo.
    Randor and/or Keldor think things are going to be good again.
    Something happens and Keldor betrays Randor and starts his rebellion/effort to take the throne.

    I think the last point is the betrayal referred to in the bio.

  19. #44
    Rainbow Warrior Irian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,497
    I have updated the first post with the new information on Panthor and King Hssss.

  20. #45
    Heroic Warrior Bulkhide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Vagabond
    Posts
    1,567
    Sweet dude! Please keep this up. This is a great resource.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

  21. #46
    Widget
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    30
    Fanastic work, thanks for this. Could someone help me clarify: MAA constructs an electronic power sword and gives it to Adam- what's this about? Is this the sword that He-Man generally uses, or is that the sword of He? I'm confused?
    Last edited by k701; December 23, 2010 at 05:22am.

  22. #47
    Rainbow Warrior Irian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by k701 View Post
    Fanastic work, thanks for this. Could someone help me clarify: MAA constructs an electronic power sword and gives it to Adam- what's this about? Is this the sword that He-Man generally uses, or is that the sword of He? I'm confused?
    The Electronic Sword is the sword Adam used during his quest to unite both halves of the Power Sword (=The Sword of He).

  23. #48
    Widget
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    The Electronic Sword is the sword Adam used during his quest to unite both halves of the Power Sword (=The Sword of He).
    Ah, that clears things up for me: the sword of He is the power sword. Thank you. Just one last question; was the electronic sword unique to a specific quest of uniting the halves, or is it the general sword that He-Man uses throughout?

  24. #49
    Rainbow Warrior Irian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by k701 View Post
    Ah, that clears things up for me: the sword of He is the power sword. Thank you. Just one last question; was the electronic sword unique to a specific quest of uniting the halves, or is it the general sword that He-Man uses throughout?
    According to Toyguru it was only used during this one quest, because it didn't allow Adam to actually transform into He-Man, he could only tap into some of the power of the universe (if I remember correctly).

    I have updated the original message to add the information that Skeletor penetrated the Mystic Wall 20 years ago (20 years before He-Man created his Battle Armor).

    Updated with info from Sy-Klone's bio

  25. #50
    Heroic Warrior Paul Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    836
    Okay could someone explain Skeletor's Battle Armor, I mean He-man's came from channeling the sword of He. Skeletor's purple sword I assume is half of the sword of He, which allowed him to create his Battle Armor. He-man must have taken the sword away from Skeletor at one point to join them to make the whole sword he has now.

    And as for Keldor's betrayal, if I am reading Sy-Klone's bio right, it says "He wears the last remaining TECH vest armor created by his Gar ancestors to terrorize Eternia." If the Gar race is known to be evil, that could be a big reason he was banished. Could be similar to the Forgotten Realms character Drizzt Do' Urden, the only good Drow Elf. Keldor and his Mother could have been an exception to the rule, until he turned evil anyway. As for Syclone, who knows he might still betray the Heroic Warriors one day. Then again what is the story on those Legacy Stones he was protecting, that could be the cause of the Gar's being evil, and once destroyed, Sy-Klone was free to choose what he wanted to be good or evil.

    Oh and fantastic work by the way Irian, the time line is exactly what I have been looking for to make sense of all these bios.
    Last edited by Paul Justice; January 29, 2011 at 01:34pm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •