Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The MotUC Timeline

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Okay....so the new mini comic (Powers of Grayskull issue 3) seems to contain some contradictions...but let's see if it is possible to overcome them with a bit of creative thinking....

First off

EVIL LYN contradictions -

Whos side is Evil-Lyn on during the 2nd ultimate Battleground? Her Battleground Evil-Lyn bio states she "found herself again allied with Skeletor during the second ultimate battleground"

GYGOR contradictions -

It is said in Gygor's bio that Evil-Lyn frees Gygor in an attempt to bolster Skeletor's ranks against the new Horde army. Now, in the bio, it doesn't say this event takes place during the 2nd ultimate battleground (in fact the bio makes no reference to it)...therefore we can possibly place it before the battle starts.

EDIT: too confusing right now...I will try again later!!!!

EDIT 2: Okay...very confusing...but I'm sure it an be remmedied somehow.

If we assume that after Skeletor leaves for the stars, the battle actually continues and the rest of Skeletor's henchmen turn on the heroic warriors...thus we get the Photog vs Clawful/Whiplash scenario afterwards ... Then the GRIFFINS attack castle Grayskull and He-Man and sorceress call on CASTLE-GRAYSKULL MAN to defend the castle...

So briefly...this might work

(The only descrepency is the Evil-Lyn changing sides thing) ->

-----------------------------
    • Teela returns to Castle Grayskull as its new guardian
    • Randor and Miro return from Despondos
    • The Three Towers rise
    • Evil-Lyn frees Gygor to bolster Skeletor's forces against the Horde army.
    • Evil-Lyn casts a spell to turn Clawful into a keen warrior and strategist.
    • Megator's remains are discovered by King Hsss, who magically reanimates the body and turns Megator into a mindless zombie.
    • Hordak hires Cy-Chop to bolster his forces against the Snake Men and Masters of the Universe
    • Using the combined power of the Central Tower and the newly created Cosmic Key the New Sorceress sends He-Man back to Preternia
    • Skeletor follows He-Man to Preternia
    • He-Man returns from Preternia wth a captured Skeletor, and the knowledge to defeat the snake-men - The spell of seperation
    • In exchange for his freedom Skeletor agrees to fight against Hordak, side-by-side with his former enemies - the now renegade Masters of the Universe.
    • The Second Ultimate Battleground
    • The Heroic Warriors and Skeletor's Evil Warriors join forces fight against the combined forces of The Horde and The Snake Men.
    • Evil-Lyn and Gygor fight on the side of the Horde and the Snake Men.
    • Clawful leads a battalion of Skeleton Warriors for Skeletor during the Second Ultimate Battle Ground
    • King Randor and King Miro join in the battle, helping the Heroic Warriors.
    • Evil-Lyn finds herself again allied with Skeletor.
    • The reanimated Megator dies, fighting Hordak and the Masters of the Universe in the Second Ultimate Battleground
    • The new Sorceress strips a defeated Evil-Lyn of her powers
    • Man-At-Arms is forced to battle against Clamp Champ
    • Man-At-Arms is mortally wounded
    • The New Sorceress casts a spell that momentarily restores Man-At-Arm's humanity
    • He-Man uses his knowledge from Preternia to finally stop King Hssss once and for all - Orko casts the spell of seperation to defeat the snake men.
    • Skeletor betrays the Heroic Warriors.
    • Skeletor defeats Hordak but is injured in the process.
    • Skeletor steals Hordaks power, and repairs himself with the Techno-Virus.
    • Skeletor turns his ambition to overthrow the Horde Empire and heads into outer space.
    • Several hundred griffins are commanded to attack Grayskull Tower to weaken the Master's defense perimeter.
    • He-Man and the new Sorceress use a spell to call upon the Power of Grayskull and infuse life into the Spirit of Castle Grayskull
    • The Spirit of Castle Grayskull helps to turn the tide.
    • Photog helps to defeat several of Skeletor's warriors including Clawful and Whiplash
    • Moss Man helps the Masters of the Universe to win the Second Ultimate Battleground
    • Many heroes fall, including Stratos
    • Evelyn uses the Cosmic Key and the power of the Central Tower to travel into the future to find a new life with her long lost son
    • Eternia is at peace.
    • -----------------------------
    • New Adventures **
    • Skeletor forms a coalition of mutants and outcasts to conquer the universe.
    • Captain Hydron and Lieutenant Icarius go on the quest to find the legendary Twin Warriors prophesied to defeat the Evil Horde Empire
    • Hydron and Icarius arrive on Eternia shortly after the end of the Second Ultimate Battleground
    • He-Man and She-Ra are called to the stars to fulfill their destiny, traveling to the Tri-Solar System to end the oppression of the Horde Empire
    • Hydron and Icarius recruit not only He-Man and She-Ra but several other members of the Masters of the Universe
    • He-Man joins the Galactic Protectors of the planet Primus.
    • Slush Head is swayed to join Skeletor
    • He-Man and She-Ra - the prophesied Twin Warriors - defeat Horde Prime

EDIT: ABout the EVIL-LYN thing, she is basically the only one that throws up any problems here. If we assume she has made some deal with one side, where she acts as a sleeper agent for the other, than that can all be solved...she plays both sides against each other, for her own good.

DOUBLE EDIT:

Just looking through the 2nd mini-comic, I made a few changes/additions to the 1st ultimate battleground section->

• The First Ultimate Battlegound
    • Independently He-Man and Skeletor arrive back in Preternia after travelling back in time using the Central Tower
    • He-Man allies himself with King Grayskull and He-Ro and the Preternia Masters Of The Universe
    • Hordak betrays King Hssss
    • Hordak attempts to defeat the snake men and break apart Eternia using the spell of separation in order to access the Magic of the Gods.
    • The spell spell of separation is thwarted but Procrustus is forced to literally hold the planet together remaining forever at the planet's core!
    • He-Man turns the tide in the first Ultimate Battleground
    • Hordak defeats King Hiss momentarily
    • Hordak mortally wounds He-Ro.
    • King Grayskull chops off Hordak's right arm in revenge.
    • Upon his heroic death He-Ro bequeaths the Sword of He to Grayskull, a destined guardian of the sword
    • Eldor casts a spell to sink the Three Towers into Subternia to protect their secrets
    • Megator dies during the First Ultimate Battle Ground, caught in the iron jaws of Central Tower when the Three Towers were enchanted to sink into Subternia
    • He-Ro's funeral is held
    • With the knowledge on how to defeat the Snake Men, He-Man returns to his time with a captured Skeletor
    • Tytus helps to build Castle Grayskull
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; September 30, 2012 at 02:45pm.
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Ups. Sorry, Missile-Toe, I didn't realize you had updated your post!

Great job in any case!

I have to admit that the issues with Evil-Lyn not being on Skeletor's side, and Beat-Man, Clawful and Whiplash fighting the Masters kind of worries me. I suppose the idea that the battle goes on after Skeletor leaves kind of works but I would expect the comic to show that.

I think I'll try to ask for some clarification in the Ask Matty forums...

Edit 1: And I got an answer. I still don't see this thing working - why should the Sorceress strip Evil-Lyn of her powers when at that point in the battle they are allies?

Anyways...

Edit 2: Updated the first post with your suggestions, Missile-Toe!

I would be glad if anyone could check for additional problems...

Heroic Warrior
    Is the The New Adventures Story Timeline obsolete? With She-Ra going with He-Man to Primus how much does that change things in the The New Adventures story line and could it have a ripple effect in anything after NA? I'm sure this means no more NA Teela.
    What do you guys think about all of this?

wow great job on this! Making me wish the actual story was all in one handy volume instead of bits and pieces from the bios
    http://www.DoomKick.com -Toys reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Kunle View Post
    Is the The New Adventures Story Timeline obsolete? With She-Ra going with He-Man to Primus how much does that change things in the The New Adventures story line and could it have a ripple effect in anything after NA? I'm sure this means no more NA Teela.
    What do you guys think about all of this?
    Well, back in the 90's - the NA stoyline had 3 different "bridge" stories to connect the vintage line to the NA line. 1 was from the cartoon / a different one from the 4 issue NA mini-comic that came with the figures / and 1 was from the comics and Mattel promotional magazines etc.
    All 3 were different, but it wouldn't necessarily have deviated too much from the rest of the story...

The only real NA changes in this new classics canon, are that it's not set in the future (not really a major change at all actually, as time and space are a bit weird anyway(could still be in the future, just not mentioned(actually that could be a final plot twist!), She-Ra comes along too as well as a few others, NA skeletor has a slightly different explanation for his transformation, and the Horde Empire is now in the story.

To be honest, who knows, maybe (Starburst?) She-Ra goes after Horde Prime and the Horde Empire in space (with a few Great Rebellion members), and He-Man defends Primus from Skeletor and the Space Mutants, with only the two of them meeting up once in a while, therefore all his original storylines still fit in perfectly!

Also, the sorceress from all original NA canons never appeared in the flesh, only as a sort of "cosmic spirit", so she could be the spirit of original Sorceress, whilst the new Blonde-Haired battle-sorceress Teela, stays on Eternia...

If anything, Teela's new blonde-haired look fits perfectly with a visual transistion to NA teela (who now appears to be in the position of guarding Eternia), so I expect her to have a better chance of being included in the story in Classics, more than she would have done previously ->

TEELA->

SORCERESS->

Of course, all the above is just speculation, but it would be an easy way to get all versions of characters in the timeline (which is what Classics is about, after all )
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; October 4, 2012 at 08:30am.
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Seeing it all laid out, a lot of the bios do not fit securely with the mini comic in regards to the second ultimate battleground. The Griffins attacking Grayskull is one of those *** moments for me because I don't think Beastman is capable of invading on his own accord and it wouldn't have happened before Skeletor turned on He-Man and She-Ra. Also, Evil-Lyn fights EVERYONE apparently. It's way too messy and Scott should have been more clear so we could decipher it more easily IMO.

Your work has been tremendous though and I really appreciate it.

I think they should just retcon and streamline it.

With this Evil-Lyn's allegiances get kind of ridiculous:

1. EL is allied with Skeletor
    2. EL frees the Snake-Men
    3. EL is allied with Skeletor - again
    4. EL frees Hordak
    5. EL is allied with Skeletor - AGAIN
    6. EL frees Gygor to help Skeletor
    7. EL is allied with Hordak
    8. EL is allied with Skeletor - AGAIN?!?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I think they should just retcon and streamline it.

With this Evil-Lyn's allegiances get kind of ridiculous:

1. EL is allied with Skeletor
    2. EL frees the Snake-Men
    3. EL is allied with Skeletor - again
    4. EL frees Hordak
    5. EL is allied with Skeletor - AGAIN
    6. EL frees Gygor to help Skeletor
    7. EL is allied with Hordak
    8. EL is allied with Skeletor - AGAIN?!?
    Come on. You (or someone you know) never had a bad relationship where you kept breaking up then making up?

And I could honestly see that going both ways in the creative process:
    A. Scott: "and Evil-Lyn loves him but hates him, so she leaves but always comes back!"
    OR!!
    B. proofreader: "wait. EL sides with skeletor, then the snake men, then Skeletor again, then Hordak, then Skeletor Again, then Hordak Again, then Skeletor Again?!?! Why?"
    Scott: "because... Love makes you do foolish things! Neat, huh?"
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm glad these issues of inconsistency are being recognized by other fans. I been going nuts trying to figure it out. There is to much not adding up. I can understand not everything is going to match with past media like motu comics, filmation, jetlag & myp, but mattys own character bios? what an oversight.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    I've always seen Evil-Lyn as power hungry. She's gonna go with the winning team and that's that. I really loved the backstory MYP gave her, and it totally fits in with being power hungry. She keeps coming back to Skeletor because she knows that that's where the true power is.

Congrats!! Great Job!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Thanks, guys! If you have any other ideas what to do with the timeline, please let us know!

Couple of new things -

We now got Ram-Man and Netossa's bios....

Ram Man - Heroic Human Battering Ram

Growing up just outside the Vine Jungle, Krass' village was always under threat from the savage Beastmen. During a particulary brutal attack, he donned his familiy's ancient mystical armor that magically absorbs raw force. Using it to ram into his enemies and drive their attack earned Krass the nickname "Ram Man". These actions were quickly detected by Skeletor who recruited him in a scheme to ram through the Jaw Bridge of Castle Grayskull. Realizing the error of his ways after seeing Skeletor attack He-Man, Ram Man switched sides, helping to defeat the Evil Lord of Destruction and save the Castle. He soon became a core member of the Masters of the Universe, using his iron-like body as a battering ram against evil!

Netossa - Captivating Beauty

Hailing from the far reaches of Etheria, beyond the reach of the Horde, Vivian became an expert marksman, perfecting the art of net tossing to capture enemies and vandals. She is able to fool her adversaries by pretending not to notice that an evildoer is nearby. But if they get too close, she pulls back her cape's hidden drawstrings and the surprised culprit is captured inside of the net! After learning of Hordak's oppression, her only desire became to free Etheria and its people from their evil stronghold. With her exotic accent and elegant fashions, Netossa can be so helpful in wrapping up trouble!

...but there isn't really any major plot points contained in these, or any thing that could indicate the exact placement in the timeline. (Ram-Man attacking grayskull could go in various places, so maybe wise to leave it out until furtherinfo arises).

Also

We got a couple sneak peaks at pages from upcoming Mini-Comic 4, regarding the Keldor/Skeletor Origin, but they are without text at the moment, so not too much can be gathered until the final comic is officially released I guess.
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Updated with info from Ram Man's bio.

What could we write about Netossa that's important?

What could we write about Netossa that's important?

Hmmm....the only thing you could really include would be ->

• After learning of Hordak's oppression, Netossa vowed to free Etheria and its people from the Horde's evil stronghold.

But it could kinda fit anywhere in your POP section...
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Wow guys so amazing! That is an intense timeline! You guys are rocking this

Can't wait to keep reading the bios timeline
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Coolness! Jitsu's bio offers some interesting story bits->

An intergalactic bandit, Jitsu was broken out of Prison Starr by Keldor during the Great Unrest. In gratitude, he agreed to serve the Evil Lord of Destruction and stayed with him even after Keldor's transformation into Skeletor. As a master of several forms of martial arts, Jitsu was often on the frontline in battle against Randor and his Masters. During the Battle for Gretori Bridge, he was wounded by his archenemy Fisto and had his hand replaced with a golden robotic implant by Tri-Klops. After Skeletor left Eternia for the stars, Jitsu took over Snake Mountain, ruling it with an iron fist. As deadly as he is silent, Jitsu uses his chopping power to get his evil way!
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Yes, it's cool, but the phrasing may be a little misleading regarding the timeline:

The first two sentences happen during or at the end of the Great Unrest:
    An intergalactic bandit, Jitsu was broken out of Prison Starr by Keldor during the Great Unrest. In gratitude, he agreed to serve the Evil Lord of Destruction and stayed with him even after Keldor's transformation into Skeletor.

The next events can only happen after the Great Unrest and after the Fall of the Mystic Wall
    As a master of several forms of martial arts, Jitsu was often on the frontline in battle against Randor and his Masters*. During the Battle for Gretori Bridge, he was wounded by his archenemy Fisto** and had his hand replaced with a golden robotic implant by Tri-Klops.

OK, and the final sentence can only happen after the Second Ultimate Battleground
    After Skeletor left Eternia for the stars, Jitsu took over Snake Mountain, ruling it with an iron fist.

*) The Masters were only founded AFTER the Great Unrest
    **) Malcom became Fisto only AFTER the return of the Snake Men

Yes, it's cool, but the phrasing may be a little misleading regarding the timeline:

The first two sentences happen during or at the end of the Great Unrest:
    An intergalactic bandit, Jitsu was broken out of Prison Starr by Keldor during the Great Unrest. In gratitude, he agreed to serve the Evil Lord of Destruction and stayed with him even after Keldor's transformation into Skeletor.

The next events can only happen after the Great Unrest and after the Fall of the Mystic Wall
    As a master of several forms of martial arts, Jitsu was often on the frontline in battle against Randor and his Masters*. During the Battle for Gretori Bridge, he was wounded by his archenemy Fisto** and had his hand replaced with a golden robotic implant by Tri-Klops.

OK, and the final sentence can only happen after the Second Ultimate Battleground
    After Skeletor left Eternia for the stars, Jitsu took over Snake Mountain, ruling it with an iron fist.

*) The Masters were only founded AFTER the Great Unrest
    **) Malcom became Fisto only AFTER the return of the Snake Men
    Yep, that seems to make sense I think the bio can be interpretted as once Jitsu joins Keldor during the Great Unrest...that an undetermined amount of time takes place between him joining Keldor, and then the Gretori Bridge battle, so it all fits without any contradictions in that case.

Maybe-

The Great Unrest - Keldor's Betrayal

• Keldor gathers an army to unite the planet under his rule
    • During the start of the Great Unrest Keldor frees Kronis from an intergalactic prison to holster his ranks
    • Jitsu is broken out of Prison Starr by Keldor during the Great Unrest, and agrees to serve his cause

Rise of the Snake Men[*]...
    • The Snake Men attack Molcolm's home town
    • Molcolm shatters his hand when helping the Masters of the Universe against the Snake Men
    • Duncan replaces Malcolm's hand with a robotic strong arm.
    • Malcom joins the Masters of the Universe as "Fisto"
    • Jitsu is wounded by Fisto at the Battle for Gretori Bridge, and has his hand replaced by a golden robotic implant by Tri-Klops.

The Second Ultimate Battleground
    • Moss Man helps the Masters of the Universe to win the Second Ultimate Battleground
    • Evelyn uses the Cosmic Key and the power of the Central Tower to travel into the future to find a new life with her long lost son
    • Eternia is at peace.
    • Jitsu takes over Snake Mountain, ruling it with an iron fist

(The "Eternia is at Peace" suggestion from above was just because that's what Teela-Sorceress says at the end of the 2nd ultimate battleground in the 3rd mini-comic. Based on this new Jitsu info, it may or may not still be relavent, but to be fair in Jitsu's bio, it just says he rules Snake Mountain, it doesn''t actually yet say they continue fighting with the Heroic Warriors whilst Skeletor is away, so we'll have to wait and see if any more bios say what appens during this time!)

EDIT: Did we get Granymyr's bio yet? I don't think we have....
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; November 30, 2012 at 10:49am.
    MOTUC WISH LIST

With all the inconsistencies of the Matty bios, the Matty minicomics, the dc comics, MYP, filmation and other media your timeline is as good as any. It works for me.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

First thanks for.making this I am playing catch up on Motu big time.and.this helps so much. Forgive me if this was answered along time ago but didn't hordak kidnap adora. As a baby?
    God I hate Stratos.

This rocks! Bookmarking this so that I can keep it all straight! Thank you for posting it.

Missile. yes. i have definitely seen the Granamyr bio. Fwoosh?

Thanks everyone for the kind words! Very much appreciated!

SwiftJustice: In MOTUC Hordak tasks Skeletor to kidnap Adora (and Adam). Here's Adora's bio:

ADORA - Leader in the Great Rebellion

When Adora and her twin brother Adam were born, the Sorceress recognized they were the twins prophesied to wield the Power of Grayskull. She therefore magically cloned the Sword of He, enhancing it with the Stone of Protection so that each twin could have a key to unlock the Power. But Hordak also learned of the twins and arranged for for his Eternian pupil Skeletor to abduct the infants. Man-At-Arms prevented Adam from being taken but Adora was stolen away to the planet of Etheria deep in the Dimension of Despondos. There she was raised by Hordak until the day her brother returned, handing her her sword which she held aloft to become She-Ra the most powerful woman in the universe.

retcon, Missile-Toe, I have found the Granamyr bio now:

Granamyr - Great Magic-Wielding Dragon

Granamyr is one of the oldest and wisest of the Eternian Dragons of Darksmoke, an ancient kingdom in Eternia's Dark Hemisphere. He greatly distrusts most men after the Great Wars between dragons and humans in ancient times. As one of the most powerful magic users on Eternia, he possesses such extraordinary might that even Skeletor dares not challenge him. When Man-At-Arms was turned to glass by an evil spell, Granamyr provided He-Man with healing magic, but only after Eternia's bravest warrior proved he had not only great strength but great mercy and wisdom as well. The ancient dragon Granamyr guards Eternia's magical secrets and rules all of Darksmoke.

Hmmm....