Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: The MotUC Timeline

I think it has pictures of all/most of the characters but they are listed in historical order according to their bios not their order of release as action figures. I remember seeing a thread about it... Lemme look..

It was in the Comikaze Expo update thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...pictures/page2
    Last edited by yeahthatsme1973; November 10, 2013 at 09:30am.

Hmmm, interesting. Although the placement of SLL makes me wonder if we can use that poster for the timeline without any additional info...

Thanks for posting this. I really enjoy checking it out and the new updates you have posted over the years. Its great to have this so organized.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Thank you very much for all the hard work you've put in here. As well as all other fans helping construct this timeline. The BIOS are just SO all over the place that it's very hard to keep track, even if you read through everything and give them some thought (I don't always have the time to give that thought, LOL).

Plus while it's not always easy to detect from the bios, I like it when we can have a clear answer "did character X appear before event Y?" in this timeline. An answer that might be spread in two or more bio-texts sparsingly.

- I did have a question, if anyone can help. Back in the day when people talked about the Powersword, how it was in halves, then combined, then cloned and all that very confusing stuff.
    I recall Toyguru saying that yes, Sorceress cloned the Powersword. But that she didn't "necessarily do it by herself". Indicating that she had help.

Has there been an answer to that yet? Who was part of or helped the Sorceress clone the Powersword?

Wow what a huge task to this was! I just read it again... Great job and looking forward to the next update!

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    I recall Toyguru saying that yes, Sorceress cloned the Powersword. But that she didn't "necessarily do it by herself". Indicating that she had help.

Has there been an answer to that yet? Who was part of or helped the Sorceress clone the Powersword?
    Sadly, I don't think there's been an answer yet - or even a hint. But who could it be anyway? The Goddess? The Star Child? Light Hope?

Oh, and thanks for the nice words!

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Two Bad – Double-Headed Evil Strategist

Originally hired as bounty hunters to track down He-Man, Tuvar and Badra were magically fused together in an unrepeatable spell by Skeletor in retribution for their failure. Now called “Two Bad”, this new multi-headed creature became a mixed blessing for the Evil Warriors. When his two heads are working together, Two Bad is nearly as clever and devious as Skeletor and his advantage in battle is doubled. However, his two heads rarely get along. Quite often the two heads will bicker with one another at just the wrong moment. Two Bad is double trouble, twice the plotting power of other evil foes.

Castle Grayskull: Fortress of Mystery and Power

Castle Grayskull Bio

Long Ago, in ages past at the end of the Great Wars the Cosmic Warrior He-Ro joined forces with King Grayskull. Their combined might became a beacon of hope, bringing together the greatest warriors from across Preternia. Together, this band of warriors bacme the first Masters of the Universe, fighting against the Horde and Snake Men invaders. Heroically sacrificing himself to save King Grayskull's life, He-Ro passed his magical sword to the King, ensuring only those with great strength, courage, wisdom, and compassion would wield the sword of He. To safeguard the sword's power source and protect the Kingdom, King Grayskull ordered a great fortress erected. With the help of the giants, this mighty fortress was constructed first from a single enchanted stone, which was sculpted into a giant Power Skull. Later, towers and walls were erected around the Skull Stone and the fortress was protected by the magic of the Elders. After the King's death, his fortress would remain, fading from memory into legend, but always protecting the hidden power of the Universe and the secrets of Eternia from evil.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Thank you very much for all the hard work you've put in here. As well as all other fans helping construct this timeline. The BIOS are just SO all over the place that it's very hard to keep track, even if you read through everything and give them some thought (I don't always have the time to give that thought, LOL).

Plus while it's not always easy to detect from the bios, I like it when we can have a clear answer "did character X appear before event Y?" in this timeline. An answer that might be spread in two or more bio-texts sparsingly.

- I did have a question, if anyone can help. Back in the day when people talked about the Powersword, how it was in halves, then combined, then cloned and all that very confusing stuff.

It was Eldor

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    It was Eldor
    Oh cool. Thanks for the confirmation. Can you point me to what Bio states it so I don't have to dig through all of them?
    I Need to quote it for a project.

Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    It was Eldor
    How's that even possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    So, it seems interest in the Timeline has pretty much dried off over the last couple of months and considering that the last few bios didn't really add anything to the Timeline I thik we are done for the time being.
    Great to see you are back to updating. I think what you are doing is important, cataloguing the history of the MOTUC 'verse. I've jumped back to this page many times just to re-read parts of the first post when trying to place characters or events.

Even if the thread dries up again, please stick to updating the first post. That's the important one and adding a bio or 2 every month is all it needs. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillhouse View Post
    Great to see you are back to updating. I think what you are doing is important, cataloguing the history of the MOTUC 'verse. I've jumped back to this page many times just to re-read parts of the first post when trying to place characters or events.

Even if the thread dries up again, please stick to updating the first post. That's the important one and adding a bio or 2 every month is all it needs. Keep up the good work.
    Thank you! I am inching my way forward (why isn't there anything usable in Mantenna's bio?) and hopfeully we are up to date very soon

- - - Updated - - -

I would need some feedback:

What do you think is canon from Standor's bio?

Standor – Cosmic Creator Of Power

Before time began, the great Gods of the multiverse convened in the Hall of Power to create all that was and all that will ever be. Head architect of this great task was Standor. A cosmic being of unlimited imagination, Standor helped lead his fellow deities by fueling their energies with raw creative force. After creation was complete, it was Standor’s magic that cast the aura of the Gods across the universe as a wave of power, giving rise to all forms of life and intelligence. With his infinite energy, Standor reaches out into the cosmos and across the dimensional gateways to power all who would become Masters of the Universe for good or evil.
    I would say only the highlighted part sounds like canon. Everything else seems... dubious to me. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Thank you! I am inching my way forward (why isn't there anything usable in Mantenna's bio?) and hopfeully we are up to date very soon

- - - Updated - - -

I would need some feedback:

What do you think is canon from Standor's bio?

I would say only the highlighted part sounds like canon. Everything else seems... dubious to me. What do you think?
    Yeah I'm not sure about this bio. He's listed as "The Cosmic Creator of Power" but then he and the Gods convene in the Hall of Power to create...Power? so what Power was the Hall of Power all about? I think this bio was just a way to make Stan..dor a creator. Sorry, long story short, I agree. Everything else seems suspect.

Scooter says it is canon. The Hall might just be named so because of what occurred there.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

This timeline never ceases to amaze me! It's an awesome piece of work! Thanks so much for doing this and thanks for never giving up! It muzst be tedious at times to dig your way through all the information.
    So, Modulok's bio is easy to fit in, right?
    And I think the new bio on the chelist poster clarifies the "Power" thing and ties in nicely with Standor's bio
    Awesome sticker included!

In theory Modulok's bio should be easy to fit in, but with the latest bios I do not see not too much they actually add... especially the Filmation ones...

Well, actually I just cannot motivate myself to go through the remaining bios... *sigh*

No rush, we'll wait.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

as a novice to the "story" of MOTUC, this is so great . . . I watched the cartoon sometimes as a kid, but I was a little old for it, it was more my kid brother's thing. I always loved the figures though, and when Classics started I was drawn right in, but never had the patience for trying to piece everything together. The first post is just SO helpful and now has me wanting to learn more and read more about the whole storyline.

So, basically I just wanted to say thanks for this and all your hard work on it!

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjax View Post
    as a novice to the "story" of MOTUC, this is so great . . . I watched the cartoon sometimes as a kid, but I was a little old for it, it was more my kid brother's thing. I always loved the figures though, and when Classics started I was drawn right in, but never had the patience for trying to piece everything together. The first post is just SO helpful and now has me wanting to learn more and read more about the whole storyline.

So, basically I just wanted to say thanks for this and all your hard work on it!
    I have to piggy-back off of this comment and say: Ditto. Coming to this thread when I was first learning about Classics (last year) helped SO much. Having stopped collecting MOTU around 1986, there were a lot of details I missed. Reading it all laid out like this made everything so much more appealing. It even gave me interest in characters I hadn't previously been into (pretty much all of NA and a good chunk of POP). Seeing it all pulled together makes it truly one universe.
    I am amazed that Mattel doesn't do something similar. Imagine, if just your thread got me to buy figures, what would happen if Mattel pulled it all together into a full series of mini comics or even webisodes? Great job
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    I have to piggy-back off of this comment and say: Ditto. Coming to this thread when I was first learning about Classics (last year) helped SO much. Having stopped collecting MOTU around 1986, there were a lot of details I missed. Reading it all laid out like this made everything so much more appealing. It even gave me interest in characters I hadn't previously been into (pretty much all of NA and a good chunk of POP). Seeing it all pulled together makes it truly one universe.
    I am amazed that Mattel doesn't do something similar. Imagine, if just your thread got me to buy figures, what would happen if Mattel pulled it all together into a full series of mini comics or even webisodes? Great job
    Yeah, I really don't understand why the Matty site doesn't have the mini-comics available as digital downloads . . . I get that the value of the comics is a prize to those who sub, but at this point, the ones that are out have been in collectors' hands for a while and it doesn't hurt them for people who don't own those figures to be able to at least READ the mini-comics.

But like everything else Matty does, it's a mystery as to why they want to limit their customer-base and audience!

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjax View Post
    Yeah, I really don't understand why the Matty site doesn't have the mini-comics available as digital downloads . . . I get that the value of the comics is a prize to those who sub, but at this point, the ones that are out have been in collectors' hands for a while and it doesn't hurt them for people who don't own those figures to be able to at least READ the mini-comics.

But like everything else Matty does, it's a mystery as to why they want to limit their customer-base and audience!
    I just started a thread to discuss these ideas so we can get them out of this one!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...s-in-Animation
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

Kreann'ot, hunterjax, thank you both for your comments! You really made my day!

Edit:

Hmmm...

What do we do now?

I know I am behind updating, but as I am not buying any Classics stuff anymore there's no way for me to update anything for the new mini comic anyway.

Does anyone want to take a shot at this?