Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The MotUC Timeline

Widget
    This is great! Thanks for putting this together.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Thank you for the kind words. It's good to know I am not doing this for nothing.

Edit: Updated with new info. With the mini comic and the new info from Thunder Punch He-Man's bio I am not that sure the chain of events is correct. If you have any ideas for streamlining please let me know.

Edit 2. Updated with the info from the Preternia map.

Edit 3: Sooooo.... where should we put the spell of separation?
    Without ruining the third issue for anyone I can tell you that the sequence issue is fixed...somewhat.

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Irian,

Can I make a suggestion for a slight change, based on a couple of things? Firstly, the second mini comic that was leaked, gives us a more definitive order of some of these events...and secondly, the latest ToyGuru blog mentions an error in Tytus's bio, that has been rectified on the MattyCollector site, although not on the released figure...

with that in mind, this is your original version of events -

------------------------

*Independently He-Man and Skeletor travel through time using the Central Tower and arrive back in Preternia
    *He-Man allies himself with Grayskull and He-Ro
    *Upon his heroic death He-Ro bequeaths the Sword of He to Grayskull, a destined guardian of the Sword
    *Tytus helps to build Castle Grayskull
    -----------------------------
    The First Ultimate Battlegound
    *Hordak betrays King Hssss
    *He-Man turns the tide of the first Ultimate Battleground
    *Tytus dies during the First Ultimate Battle Ground fighting Megator
    *Megator dies during the First Ultimate Battle Ground, caught in the iron jaws of Central Tower when the Three Towers were enchanted to sink into Subternia
    *With the knowledge on how to defeat the Snake Men He-Man returns to his time
    *Hordak defeats King Hiss momentarily

And I reckon this is the correct order -

-------------------

*Independently He-Man and Skeletor travel through time using the Central Tower and arrive back in Preternia
    *He-Man allies himself with Grayskull and He-Ro
    The First Ultimate Battlegound
    *Hordak betrays King Hssss
    *He-Man turns the tide of the first Ultimate Battleground
    *Upon his heroic death He-Ro bequeaths the Sword of He to Grayskull, a destined guardian of the Sword
    *Megator dies during the First Ultimate Battle Ground, caught in the iron jaws of Central Tower when the Three Towers were enchanted to sink into Subternia
    *With the knowledge on how to defeat the Snake Men He-Man returns to his time
    *Hordak defeats King Hiss momentarily

*Tytus helps to build Castle Grayskull

---------------------------

And based on information from Toyuru's recent blog - this section can be removed entirely-
    *Tytus dies during the First Ultimate Battle Ground fighting Megator
    As apparently that was an error, and no longer canon.

I think this is the correct order now, but have a look over it and see what you think!
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; February 29, 2012 at 04:10pm.
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Just wanted to say that this was actually awesome reading! When these are all put together like this, I think a very decent story is told. I'd love to see this story told through a series of comics or a continous cartoon!

Thanks for putting this all together and keeping it updated!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Thanks everyone!

MISSILE-TOE, I have updated the timeline according to your suggestion. The only difference is I included all the events under the "The First ultimate Battleground" headline. Thanks a lot!

Maybe if you or anyone else could look over it ...

Thanks everyone!

MISSILE-TOE, I have updated the timeline according to your suggestion. The only difference is I included all the events under the "The First ultimate Battleground" headline. Thanks a lot!

Maybe if you or anyone else could look over it ...
    Yep, that all looks cool!
    Now it fits perfectly with the adjusted bio, and the 2nd mini comic timeline of events (except we don't know the text from that yet, but based on the images, I can see no contradictions!)

Maybe when the comic is released with the text, we'll know exactly when the 1st Ultimate Battleground starts (ie was it going on before He-Man and Skeletor arrived to the past, or did it officially begin in the days after they arrived) But I think we are going to have to wait until the comic is released before we can get thse details confirmed!

I also have the 1st Minicomic (got it off ebay) so I can compare the order of events in your timeline to these if you like? (on quick glance, they all looked correct, but let me know if you want me to be a bit more thorough!)

Actually, in the opening paragraph of the 1st Mini Comic, there is a mention of King Skeletor which I don't think you have placed yet anywhere in the timeline...I'll just have a look and see where it might fit!

EDIT - Ooops! You did include it already - "Skeletor takes over the throne". My bad!!!
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; March 2, 2012 at 04:24pm.
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Do I understand correctly that Skeletor is King when the minicomics begins? If that's the case: When does Hordak take over? After the Second Ultimate Battleground? That doesn't seem to be right...

Anyway: You are right, MISSILE-TOE, I need to include the sheer awesomeness* that is the name "King Skeletor"!

*) Only a few levels below "God Skeletor" ...

Do I understand correctly that Skeletor is King when the minicomics begins? If that's the case: When does Hordak take over? After the Second Ultimate Battleground? That doesn't seem to be right...

Anyway: You are right, MISSILE-TOE, I need to include the sheer awesomeness* that is the name "King Skeletor"!

*) Only a few levels below "God Skeletor" ...

In the text prologue on the inside cover of the MiniComic, it states that King Skeletor has already been overthrown by Hordak and the Evil Horde, before the events of the comic begin...so it looks like he is very much weakened and on the run when the comics start (he even mentions that Eternia is no longer a safe place for him, after his father (Miro) and brother (Randor) has returned)...so Hordak has already taken over before the events of the mini comic start!

I think your current timeline reflects this already, so prob don't need to change anything!

-------

PURE SPECULATION AHEAD - My guess is that ToyGuru knew that MOTUC would not get the rights to the '87 movie initially, but he planned ahead and left a space for the movie plot to slot in nicely if they ever got those rights. I reckon we won't see anymore references to the King Skeletor era until they get the movie rights, as it leaves a nice gap for that plot to fit in.
    Around that time we got Heroic Warriors disbanded and on the run (check), Soreceress still alive and in Grayskull, but in a weakened state, and slowly getting weaker, maybe due to Hsss's venom (check), Skeletor in a position of power (Check - probably on Eternos throne before movie opens)...then this can lead into the movie plot nicely, with King Skeletor trying to break finally into Grayskull (and succeeding temporarily!).
    After the events of the 87 film, The Masters reclaim Grayskull, and Skeletor is banished from Grayskull (probably pulling himself out of the lava (he'll be back, lol). Then he can return to his throne on Eternos, and eventually Horde come and overthrow him)!!!

That's my guess anyway...so if we never see any more details filled in to the King Skeletor period, I reckon thats why...cause they are waiting for movie rights to fill in those blanks!!! (and then we can get a God Skeletor figure!)
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; March 3, 2012 at 11:03am.
    MOTUC WISH LIST

I really like your speculation... it could work!
    Well, I just wrote a question to Scott about it in the Roast Gooble ToyGuru questions ...so if they ask it, we should be able to see if it has any basis based on his answer!

One, final, teeny-tiny, little correction to the front page that I just noticed ...

*The Great Black Dragon Wizard creates a magical half human/half dragon, Draego-Man.

On the actual bio, it just says -

*The Great Black Wizard creates a magical half human/half dragon, Draego-Man.

I think the poster who originally typed out the bio did it super fast, and added the extra "dragon" in there by accident....at least I remember reading that on the PaTrIcK bios thread! Might not be important, but if this "Great Black Wizard" becomes important later, might be good to change it to avoid confusion!
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Thanks, consider it changed!

And if anyone else finds something...

I really like your speculation... it could work!
    Well, It was just confirmed by ToyGuru that the events of the movie are penciled in to take place right before the 2nd ultimate battleground..so I was right! Yipeeeee!!!!

Hopefully they'll fill in the blanks if the ever get movie rights (otherwise I guess they'll skip around this area until they do!)
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Don't expect the events from the movie to play out exactly how they did. I'm guessing it would be more of a classics-verse version of the movie.

Especially since it seems Skeletor is going to be beaten by Hordak and not by He-Man like in the movie

Not necessarily, Skeletor may have needed to take Grayskull to recover ground from the loss of Eternos to the Horde. This would explain why they were so desperate to uncover Gwildor's key before the time of Ascension. As the God Skeletor, he could he taken down the Horde.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    i always thought the troopers in the movie were upgrades of the horde troopers
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    Not necessarily, Skeletor may have needed to take Grayskull to recover ground from the loss of Eternos to the Horde. This would explain why they were so desperate to uncover Gwildor's key before the time of Ascension. As the God Skeletor, he could he taken down the Horde.
    Sounds like a fun plot! But I am still not quite sure it works

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by maltesefalcon View Post
    i always thought the troopers in the movie were upgrades of the horde troopers
    Me too. That would make for an interesting twist.

With the Slush Head and Spector bios we got a little bit of new info-

First Slush head-

This grotesque, scaly, web-footed creature from Denebria's stinking Quagmire Swamp had his head permanently encased in a plateelium dome full of the swamp's foul waters. He carries a trident spear gun and a saber axe as well as two huge mechanical tentacles for grabbing and crushing his foes. As a petty thug and pickpocket, Kalamarr bounced in and out of Prison Starr throughout his youth. Just when he began getting his life in order, Skeletor arrived on his quest to overthrow the Horde Empire. The promise of riches and power were enough to sway this mutant moron and goon squad member to Skeletor's evil ways.

New Adventures **
    Captain Hydron and Lieutenant Icarius go on the quest to find the legendary twin warriors prophesied to defeat the Evil Horde Empire
    Skeletor defeats Hordak
    Skeletor turns his ambition to overthrow the Horde Empire and forms a coalition of mutants and outcasts to conquer the universe.
    Just when he is getting his life back on track, Slush Head is swayed to join Skeletor with the promise of power and riches.
    Hydron and Icarius arrive on Eternia shortly after the end of the Second Ultimate Battleground
    He-Man and She-Ra are called to the stars to fulfill their destiny, traveling to the Tri-Solar System to end the oppression of the Horde Empire
    Hydron and Icarius recruit not only He-Man and She-Ra but several other members of the Masters of the Universe
    He-Man joins the Galactic Protectors of the planet Primus.

**) Events in the Tri-Solar system before the New Adventures:

18 years old, Icarius leaves the cloud city of Leviton on Planet Primus to join the Galactic Protectors

Slush Head serves time in Prison Starr on several occasions, for petty thug-ery and pickpocketing.
    Icarius rises to the rank of Lieutenant

----------------------

And The Mighty Spector -

After Skeletor banished King Randor to Despondos, he seized his rightful throne and dismantled the Eternian Palace Guards. Loyal to Marlena and the Royal Household, Lt. Spector was cut off from the rest of the Masters of the Universe when he was thrown into a time portal and flung into the future. In this new time, he served King He-Man and was given a special suit reverse engineered from the Cosmic Key. Using its powers, Spector could travel into time, fighting for the Royal Family as their agent throughout Eternia's history. Spector uses his Vortex Suit to turn the tide in battle, loyally serving the King and Queen of Eternia.

Randor seemingly "dies" but in reality is banished to Despondos by Skeletor
    Tri-Klops salvages Faker
    Skeletor orders the reprogramming of Faker
    Skeletor uses Faker to convince the royal court that He-Man is not only a Gar, but also responsible for the King's apparent death.
    The people of Eternia turn against He-Man
    The Masters of the Universe become renegades and are driven underground to the caves of Tundoria
    Skeletor takes over the throne and becomes King Skeletor
    King Skeletor dismantles the Eternian Royal Guards
    The Snake Men return

(could go anywhere - )
    Lt. Spector of The Eternian Royal Guards is thrown into a time portal and flung into the future.

(text seems to suggest this may have happened whilst Randor was still in Despondos, as it mentions he is loyal to Marlena in the same sentence, but this might not be accurate. There is a possibility that this happens at the end of the 2nd Ultimate Battleground instead, as it could even be the same time portal that a powerless Evil-Lyn uses to go to the future ...as they both seem to lead to the same era?)

King He-Man era (after New Adventures)

Lt. Spector arrives from the past.
    Lt Spector is given a special suit reverse engineered from the Cosmic Key, and loyally serves King He-Man and his Queen, as their agent throughout Eternia's history
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; March 28, 2012 at 10:20am.
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Finally updated with the info from Slushhead's and Spector's bios. Thanks, MISSILE-TOE!

Finally updated with the info from Slushhead's and Spector's bios. Thanks, MISSILE-TOE!
    No probs!

Hooray - New information appears->

Vyrkon - Ultimate Eternian Champion

Fifty years before Prince Adam was born, Vyrkon the Warrior fought in the gladitorial arena of Lord Choloh, ruler of the Vine Jungle. Learning from each defeated opponent, he became a master of many combat techniques and weapons. As much a champion as a showman, he would often dress in outlandish garb to rouse the crowd and show off his skills. In his final match, he fought against the great Gygor. Before a cheering crowd, the evil fighting gorilla ripped Vykron's body in half, at long last defeating the arena champion. Following this match, Gygor claimed not only the arena championship but rule of the Jungle itself, forcing Choloh to abdicate his throne. In life, Vykron was the greatest of Choloh's gladitorial warriors, fighting in any environment at any time.

EDIT: So as this would take place 50 years before Adam is born, that may even place it before Randor and Keldor are born? (Unless Randor was 50 when he had kids?)

Therefore, I reckon it goes here-

Between Times
    The Goddess of Eternia, the spirit guide of the Council of Elders, begins to train "He-Men" - secret heroic guardians who are tasked to keep the "Power Sword" separated
    Vikor is chosen to protect the Sword of He and battles the remaining Snake Men
    Vikor defends the Valley of Gnarl from the Fighting Foe Men
    The Gar start to create tech vest armors
    The Gar terrorize Eternia after the Great Wars
    Karak-Nul is cursed and banished into the dimension of Infinita
    200 years ago: The first Man-At-Arms
    100 years ago: Wun-dar rescues the Goddess of Eternia
    The Goddess of Eternia tasks Wundar to protect both halves of the Sword of He.
    50 years ago: Vyrkon the Warrior fights in the gladitorial arena of Lord Choloh, ruler of the Vine Jungle.
    Gygor challenges and defeats Vykron by tearing him in half.
    Gygor claims the arena championship and becomes the ruler of the Vine Jungle, forcing Choloh to abdicate his throne.

Sy-Klone is chosen as Protector of the Legacy Stones and the Last Defender of Anwat Gar
    Teela'na grows up in a small Eternian village
    Teela'na helps defend her people from a Horde Scout ship
    The current Sorceress choses Teela'na to take up her title and defend Castle Grayskull's secrets for the next generation

It fits with the timeline later stating that Gygor is the ruler of the vine jungle later on in Oo-Lar's time, so it seems to work without any inconsistencies.

The only error may be if we later find out the ages of Randor when Adam was born...but it seems to work for now!
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; May 5, 2012 at 08:26am.
    MOTUC WISH LIST

I have just updated the bio. Please tell me what you think of my version - I hadn't seen your comments before my editing... but it seems we place it quite similarly

Edit: Another update! SMAA's, Griffin's and Horde Prime's bio now incorporeted.

Edit 2: I have streamlined the whole timeline - especially in regards to the different power sources. If you have any suggestions or questions please let me know.

Edit 3: Soooooooo... I am thinking about adding "implied" events to the timeline* - things like the spell of separation, the fall of the mystic wall, He-Man becoming king that are supposedly part of the story but not yet mentioned explicitly. What do you think about that - AND: what do you think should be added to the timeline?

*) But marked as not being part of the bios.

Edit 3: Soooooooo... I am thinking about adding "implied" events to the timeline* - things like the spell of separation, the fall of the mystic wall, He-Man becoming king that are supposedly part of the story but not yet mentioned explicitly. What do you think about that - AND: what do you think should be added to the timeline?

*) But marked as not being part of the bios.
    Cool idea...but it's possible all these events will be explicitly stated in future bios (like King He-Man one might mention the actual events in which he became King) If that happens it might contradict the "implied" things and it might get confusing....unless you were planning on putting "implied" things in a different color? That would be cool!!!

Also, in terms of the spell of seperation....I "have a feeling" more imformation about it might be mentioned in the second issue of the new mini comic, because

in the leaked artwork, Pre-ternia Hordak was shown carrying the spell of separation tablet (from MYP) around with him, and the text might give some more clues about it (the leaked pages had no text added yet)

so when that is released it might give more clues!
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Yes, I would put them in a different color (maybe a dark grey) so it should be quite easy to see information that is not "official".

Edit:
    Updated with info from Laser-Lot's and Spikor's bios.

Has anyone the new mini comic? What can we include from that source?

Edit 2:
    I have updated the original post with info from SDCC. Quite a lot has changed on how the Great Unrest played out.

Randor is a #!&/ ... eh ... he seems not to be a very good person

Yes, I would put them in a different color (maybe a dark grey) so it should be quite easy to see information that is not "official".

Edit:
    Updated with info from Laser-Lot's and Spikor's bios.

Has anyone the new mini comic? What can we include from that source?

Edit 2:
    I have updated the original post with info from SDCC. Quite a lot has changed on how the Great Unrest played out.

Randor is a #!&/ ... eh ... he seems not to be a very good person
    just a Q: how can be duncan saving orio's life in a time when, I presume, dekker is the captain of the royal guards? may be i'm missing something...