Thread: Removable Arms: The Thread

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar

Removable Arms: The Thread

Just a couple questions, things I'm unclear on that I'd like to know before I ruin anything.

1) Are only the Trapjaw-styled arms easily removeable? So Trapjaw and Optikk so far, and nobody else?
    2) Are both of TJ and Optikk's arms built the same way, or does only their right arm come off as easily?
    3) Is there any word on whether the removeable arms are going to be a regular feature on male bucks moving forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    Just a couple questions, things I'm unclear on that I'd like to know before I ruin anything.

1) Are only the Trapjaw-styled arms easily removeable? So Trapjaw and Optikk so far, and nobody else?
    2) Are both of TJ and Optikk's arms built the same way, or does only their right arm come off as easily?
    3) Is there any word on whether the removeable arms are going to be a regular feature on male bucks moving forward?
    1) As far as I know, yes.
    2) Both arms on both figures are removable and come off easily.
    3) No official word on this, but I think, that removable arms are only featured on figures, that are based on Trap Jaw body.

Personally I hope, they don't give removable arms to all male figures, because shoulders on both of my Trap Jaw and Optikk are very loose.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroCoin View Post
    Personally I hope, they don't give removable arms to all male figures, because shoulders on both of my Trap Jaw and Optikk are very loose.
    To some extent I agree. I can't say that the arms are loose on my Optikk or Trap-Jaws right now, but I can see this being a concern and issue over time.

Having said that, though, to some extent it would be nice if the removing and swapping of arms were more of an option. Back in the original 80s line (the style of which MOTUC is trying to emulate and update) the arms were easily removed and swapped around on most of the figures. And considering that they made this line in such a way that the heads are easily removed and swapped around (even on those figures who do not come with a 2nd, alternate head), that they would have continued this with the arms as well.

It's not a big deal, just an observation.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

hashbrown MotU VS. DC Andy Adams's Avatar
    I've used the rubber band trick with loose shoulders, it helps tighten because the armhole is a little too big. That or if your brave/comfortable enough, you can use a dremmel to make the whole deeper.

I understand the concern, but as a customizer, I'd like it if they'd continue to use the trapjaw shoulder joint on more male bucks in the future.

...(waits for king hiss to see swappable torsos)
    Bad times don't last forever but bad guys do ~ Razor Ramone

Removable Arms?

Thus far who has removable (as designed) arms besides Trap Jaw / Kronis?

Optikk?

Karatti?

Hurricane Hordak?

Anyone Else?

And does Trap Jaw's left arm come off too?

Not sure if this should have been in the MOTUC customs forum or here.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Karatti's arms are not removable. Only Filmation Hordak, Optikk and Trap Jaw have Removable arms. OK Filmation Hordak seems to have only one arm removable if the reviewers are correct. I know that Optikk and Trap Jaw have both arms as removable.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Don't forget Modulok...but he is a special case I think.

Thanks for the quick answers.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    Never realised Optikk's arms were removable!
    Take each day as it comes, but never take it for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Armoured View Post
    Never realised Optikk's arms were removable!
    Yep, both of them!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Thank heavens this got merged with the thread from 2010 with 4 replies. It was driving me crazy!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

It's pretty easy to remove everyone's arm below the shoulder.

I just tried. Mine does most decidedly not come off.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

It didn't occurs to me that Optikk's arms were removable too..!

Well.. to be fair I ddn't know that even the 'normal' arm on TJ was removable..