Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Double Trouble (Double Mischief) in MOTUC

Hybrid View

Double Trouble (Double Mischief) in MOTUC

I've been thinking about this character. Was she supposed to be a shape-shifter? She is quite shrouded in mystery, a Horde member or Rebel? If they make this character, I think they should give her at least 3 different faces, not just a nice vs. evil face. It would also be cool if you could swap her chest emblem with a Horde symbol. I also prefer the green version to the blue and purple.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

According to a POP book, Double Trouble is Queen Angella's secret agent stationed on Beast Island.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    back in the 80's I had her as a evil character, one of Catras crew (with frosta and Castapella). she was a spy in She ras ranks. I wanted her to be the opposite of MEF.

It wasnt until only recently when I saw the prototypes that I saw she was originally an evil character! Shows how perceptive I was as a kid!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Itd make her an interesting figure if she could have two separate "guises" as a rebellion OR a horde member... The 4H have done some good ideas like this in the DCUC line, and Im sure they could pull it off with her as well. Since female figures seem to get more accessories than male ones, I think they could probably fit an extra head and extra armor and weapons in there

I always thought of her as more of a troubled girl who didnt really know where her loyalties were. Like Faith from Buffy the vampire slayer (late season 3) or Terra from the Teen Titans (cartoon, not comics). Screwed up in the head, kinda been pulled back and forth and we wont really know until the very end who she really is.

I do like the fact that she is Glimmers cousin. And her starting out as a rebellion spy is interesting but somewhere along the way, the lines get blurred and she is someone the rebels will have to fight at some point.

Since she is a character with so little known about her, they could really make her very interesting. Unfortunately, we will only end up with a bio a few sentences long that wont really tell us much. I'll probably have her with the Horde though.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I see her more as a Horde member betraying the rebellion, rather than a heroine.

I also like the idea of a interchangeable Horde emblem in her chest.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

My hope is that:

A) We get her soon! She has a great look and a fun feature which I am sure the Horsemen can replicate/simulate/or at least nod to with two heads.

B)That she is in fact Glimmer's cousin in MOTUC.

C) That she is "a Rebel spy (...and a traitor! Take her away!"). I do like the idea that at some point she is troubled by her allegiances and does have to fight the Rebels. That could be pretty nifty.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I , too, ruled her as an evil Horde member. She was one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    back in the 80's I had her as a evil character, one of Catras crew (with frosta and Castapella). she was a spy in She ras ranks. I wanted her to be the opposite of MEF.

It wasnt until only recently when I saw the prototypes that I saw she was originally an evil character! Shows how perceptive I was as a kid!

ka
    Although I now grudgingly consider her a rebel.
    Last edited by Alexxandar; May 22, 2011 at 07:24pm.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I kind of hope they give us two separate heads for Double Trouble and make it so they can clip INTO the helmet like the mini-comic and the helmet with necklace like the toy. I think that would be pretty darn awesome! They could also give us both capes.

About weapons, I could see her with a spear and/or a sword. Double Trouble always seemed very "warrior" to me...and making the Evil Horde believe she's one of them, she has to be fierce.

Here are some more official pictures of Double Trouble:

Fan Art:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    the prototype version:

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    According to a POP book, Double Trouble is Queen Angella's secret agent stationed on Beast Island.
    And I think according to the style guide she is Queen Angellas Niece and Glimmers cousin!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Anyone got any Double Trouble pics or media? I don't know much about this character at all and she is near the bottom of my PoP want list. The only picture I remember ever seeing of her was on PoP cardbacks and back of mini comics.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Anyone got any Double Trouble pics or media? I don't know much about this character at all and she is near the bottom of my PoP want list. The only picture I remember ever seeing of her was on PoP cardbacks and back of mini comics.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    lol @ how she puts on her evil face.

So she's like the PoP Man-E-Faces then. I like the green, but I dunno about her helmet/hair. It's kinda knight-ish to me.

I'm all for the lesser portrayed characters, Double Trouble needs a GOOD bio though. I worry about bios for characters that don't have much media.

So she never came with anything but a comb and never used any weapons in the mini comics? What could she possibly come with accessory-wise?
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

They should have Filmationed her up a bit. :o
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Yeah I really liked her till I saw the close up of her face, I will see how she looks with the neck blacked out, maybe someone can give us a quick photoshop reference (I know it won't be perfect but give us an idea).
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Funny you should say that, because I was just making one! I think I'll do this, if I can figure out a paint that'll hold up to the head rotation, which is the main issue. It would have been better for them to cast it in black plastic or something.

I've got to say, as one of my most anticipated POP figures, this one really bugs me. It's one of those instances where design really needs to be more sensitive and less carefree with messing up sculpts. If you can't make the feature work without compromising the look of the character THIS much... don't do it. It's one of the huge differences between making kid's toys and making toys for collectors. I doubt you'd have found anyone who would have chosen this over two heads.

That being said, I hope the Flash is just making this seem worse than it is. Maybe with natural shadow her head looks less like a giant thumb with a face on it.

Toy-Fair-2014-Matty-Collector-1-134.jpg
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Heroic Warrior
    I would at least paint it green to match the neckbrace/choker?

Basically what we get, based solely on that, is thumb head or floating head look. Personally I think the floating head looks a bit better. I would be curious if other colors from the outfit she's wearing could be used also, of course most fans won't have that option when doing something like that.

I probably won't be turning her head around much myself. I will probably just keep her good face showing.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Funny you should say that, because I was just making one! I think I'll do this, if I can figure out a paint that'll hold up to the head rotation, which is the main issue. It would have been better for them to cast it in black plastic or something.

I've got to say, as one of my most anticipated POP figures, this one really bugs me. It's one of those instances where design really needs to be more sensitive and less carefree with messing up sculpts. If you can't make the feature work without compromising the look of the character THIS much... don't do it. It's one of the huge differences between making kid's toys and making toys for collectors. I doubt you'd have found anyone who would have chosen this over two heads.

That being said, I hope the Flash is just making this seem worse than it is. Maybe with natural shadow her head looks less like a giant thumb with a face on it.

Painted face on a thump thats totally what it is.

Im trying to stay positive but designs really makes it hard for me.

The FOUR HORSEMEN made a decent job with her, i hoped for more details but i always do so its not a surprise that my wishes arent fulfilled the way i want it to be.

Im so happy she got the detailed boots and her own top with the high collar and her hair looks nice.

Once in hand im sure its okay as it didnt look that weird at the walkthrough video but even than i felt there is something off and it is

Still im glad she is coming and design proved again they simply dont care enough.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

That does look...better. I'd say "minimally acceptable" - I just know I'd end up getting black paint all over her face if I tried haha. Do we know yet if the helmet comes off? If it does, I might risk it if I could figure out what kind of paint would work.

Still so irritating that we have to fix our figures - I try not to complain about deco changes very much, most of the time I don't care - but this one is just unacceptable.

I don't think anything can help this, and unfortunately the figure is completed and packaged already. I may try to repaint mine black, but she still will look weird...like a TV monitor with a face image on it. Max Headroom...Maxine Headroom?

We will just have to check off the 'lose' column for the design team here. If she has the standard flaws of most PoP figures (loose ankles, knees,) she will probably surpass Frosta as my WORST PoP figure in the line.

I mean.. you don't have to paint the whole neck off. Excuse my shoddy photoshopping... haha

But yes... she seems almost beyond help

Notice Scott said "keen" and not good. He agrees it looks bad but can't tell us that.

I reluctantly subbed for Etheria knowing I'd be unloading or customizing some of the figs I didn't like. I thought DM was going to be one of the keepers but her head looks so bad, I'm quickly changing my mind about her. She'll most likely be one if the "I'm stuck withs."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I have to say this is the absolute ugliest figure that has been released in MOTUC so far. Horrendous is too lite of a word to be used.
    View my collection and customs HERE!