Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Double Trouble (Double Mischief) in MOTUC

Double Trouble (Double Mischief) in MOTUC

I've been thinking about this character. Was she supposed to be a shape-shifter? She is quite shrouded in mystery, a Horde member or Rebel? If they make this character, I think they should give her at least 3 different faces, not just a nice vs. evil face. It would also be cool if you could swap her chest emblem with a Horde symbol. I also prefer the green version to the blue and purple.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

According to a POP book, Double Trouble is Queen Angella's secret agent stationed on Beast Island.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    back in the 80's I had her as a evil character, one of Catras crew (with frosta and Castapella). she was a spy in She ras ranks. I wanted her to be the opposite of MEF.

It wasnt until only recently when I saw the prototypes that I saw she was originally an evil character! Shows how perceptive I was as a kid!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Itīd make her an interesting figure if she could have two separate "guises" as a rebellion OR a horde member... The 4H have done some good ideas like this in the DCUC line, and Iīm sure they could pull it off with her as well. Since female figures seem to get more accessories than male ones, I think they could probably fit an extra head and extra armor and weapons in there

I always thought of her as more of a troubled girl who didnt really know where her loyalties were. Like Faith from Buffy the vampire slayer (late season 3) or Terra from the Teen Titans (cartoon, not comics). Screwed up in the head, kinda been pulled back and forth and we wont really know until the very end who she really is.

I do like the fact that she is Glimmers cousin. And her starting out as a rebellion spy is interesting but somewhere along the way, the lines get blurred and she is someone the rebels will have to fight at some point.

Since she is a character with so little known about her, they could really make her very interesting. Unfortunately, we will only end up with a bio a few sentences long that wont really tell us much. I'll probably have her with the Horde though.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I see her more as a Horde member betraying the rebellion, rather than a heroine.

I also like the idea of a interchangeable Horde emblem in her chest.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I think a possiblility could be that Shadow Weaver controls Double Trouble's evil side but once in the Whispering Woods where Shadow Weaver has no power she turns good.

My hope is that:

A) We get her soon! She has a great look and a fun feature which I am sure the Horsemen can replicate/simulate/or at least nod to with two heads.

B)That she is in fact Glimmer's cousin in MOTUC.

C) That she is "a Rebel spy (...and a traitor! Take her away!"). I do like the idea that at some point she is troubled by her allegiances and does have to fight the Rebels. That could be pretty nifty.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Double Trouble was one of the few PoP characters that I did not have, and as such is low on my list. That said, I would shed no tears if we got her sooner rather than later. I have zero expectations for her, and thus am unlikely to be disappointed by anything they do with this character.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    in my opinion she's got huge potentiality.
    i envision her as a character with a great inner "trouble" 'cos, as an infiltrator, her aim is to withstand the horde's plans, but in the meantime she must witness and partecipate to horde's campaigns against etherian people and her fellow rebel companions, so in the long haul she could develop a kinda double personality depending on her physical transformation...

well, that said, i'm looking forward to see her figure, and i'm in with the idea of a swappable chest symbol (well, to be honest, i'd love a color changing figure as sdcc exclusive orko, but i guess it's out of budget) and i think she could be a good base for an hypotetical brightmoon guards army builder.

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    I always saw Double Trouble as a heroic spy for the rebellion, a kind of female counterpart to Man-E-Faces. With her "bad" face, she could be able to infiltrate Hordak's forces as a seemingly loyal member of the Evil Horde, while she gave any information she got on Hordak's plans this way to the rebels.
    Last edited by Queen Grayskull; November 2, 2010 at 07:19am.

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    She's POP's Man-E-Faces and I hope they won't make 3 seprate heads for Man-E and 2 for Double Trouble, but really give them one head that can turn with a dial (is that he right English word?)
    Last edited by -= SupernovA =-; November 2, 2010 at 03:26pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I've never been a huge DT fan, never had her and she wasn't in the show at all so I don't have hopes for her and won't be disappointed in anything they do. Well, I do think having 3 faces would make her name not make sense. If up to me I wouldn't want her to be good or evil, just kind of crazy and sometimes one or the other but not to be fully trusted by anyone.

It would be awesome if they made her a covert Cosmic Enforcer.

She's kind of like the love child of the Man-E-Faces and Zodac concepts.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    She should have a non human face as well imo. I think POP villains need more monster features. I am probably alone in this but I would be way more into pop characters if they had more monster characters. Even skin color changes like Evil Lyn would work.

Again I am probably alone in this though so I can only assume Double Trouble will have a happy and mad face. Kinda weird though because I would assume anyone could look happy or angry. Maybe I'm missing something. In the end I hope whatever they make satisfies POP fans.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Years ago when i was living in a share house, I had my POP figures on a book shelf and my housemate asked about them, so I explained them..he thought Double trouble was hilarious,and when he stopped laughing he told me that he had never seen a action figure that perfectly depicts PMT in a woman!

And ive never been able to get that out of my mind.

So i really hope she gets a 'monster' face in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak View Post
    She should have a non human face as well imo. I think POP villains need more monster features. I am probably alone in this but I would be way more into pop characters if they had more monster characters. Even skin color changes like Evil Lyn would work.

Again I am probably alone in this though so I can only assume Double Trouble will have a happy and mad face. Kinda weird though because I would assume anyone could look happy or angry. Maybe I'm missing something. In the end I hope whatever they make satisfies POP fans.
    Ditto!!!!!
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; November 2, 2010 at 07:41pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=Hordak;2569379]She should have a non human face as well imo. I think POP villains need more monster features. I am probably alone in this but I would be way more into pop characters if they had more monster characters. Even skin color changes like Evil Lyn would work.

I think monsters scared the little girls that the POP line was intended for. That's why there was never an Octavia or Shadow Weaver (doll) figure made and Catra never really seemed evil enough.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomicdios View Post
    I think monsters scared the little girls that the POP line was intended for. That's why there was never an Octavia or Shadow Weaver (doll) figure made and Catra never really seemed evil enough.
    Well now that they are being released to adults they could change that. I am glad to see at least that a couple of people would be ok with a bit of monster in POP.

Double Trouble with monster face
    Frosta with ice skin
    Sweet Bee more insectoid
    Flutterina more insectoid
    Perfuma more plantlike. Maybe green skin?

These changes would probably never happen. It's a shame in my opinion because it might help draw some pure MOTU fans into accepting POP a bit more.

Likewise I am certain there are POP vintage purists out there so making any changes to these characters would probably never happen. Then again Toyguru had said that the classics line was being releases as if the figures had a Masters release in the 80's. This is why we got a Bow who is more buff than the original. Maybe Mattel will do the same with characters like Double Trouble?
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    well, if not a "monster" face, at least a horde symbol tiara on the "angry" face could give a little bit of difference...

I look forward to seeing how they handle DT. Do hope they pack-in a snap on Horde armor piece.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    I look forward to seeing how they handle DT. Do hope they pack-in a snap on Horde armor piece.
    Would love that, and also be cool if they had a PoP and a Horde sticker on the package.

If she is indeed a shifter, then the two faces should be completely different. The "nice" face could be her real face, while the evil face could be more monsterous.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    i'm just glad that they will have no choice but to base her on the action figure design!
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    This'd be a great way to update the figure, IMO, and give her links to the Horde.

On another note, I was never too fond of Double Trouble's garish green colour - talk about standing out in the crowd... You couldn't exactly miss her and she's meant to be a spy!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Since female figures have so far gotten a rather large assortment of accessories, maybe DT can get some cool new stuff as suggested here. The vintage figure didn't have much stuff with her, right? From what I recall only She-Ra and Catra only ever came with weapons, most of the others just had shields...