Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Double Trouble (Double Mischief) in MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Since female figures have so far gotten a rather large assortment of accessories, maybe DT can get some cool new stuff as suggested here. The vintage figure didn't have much stuff with her, right? From what I recall only She-Ra and Catra only ever came with weapons, most of the others just had shields...
    You're right - except DT didn't have any accessories, only her a comb... Same with Angella and Castaspella, but they at least had their wings/wheel...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Glad you posted that Scorpia cos I was just about to tear my house upside down looking for a missing DT shield!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Thanks Scorpia.

So even taking an extra head into consideration, the 4H have a LOT of freedom with this girl! And yeah, I'm not entirely sold on her bright green color either, maybe they will tone her colors down a bit, or break the outfit up a bit the way they did with Bow.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Thanks Scorpia.

So even taking an extra head into consideration, the 4H have a LOT of freedom with this girl! And yeah, I'm not entirely sold on her bright green color either, maybe they will tone her colors down a bit, or break the outfit up a bit the way they did with Bow.
    Exactly! even though Green is my favorite color, Ive always thought DT was green overkill!

She is one figure that I hope gets a repaint down the track with her Proto 'Evil' colors!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I'd love to see her come with a double-sided knife - perfect for stabbing someone in the back with!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I love Double Trouble and can't wait till they make a MOTUC figure of her. I'm fine with how she looked as a figure except i wish they had given her more strands of hair in the ponytail. The figure sort of seemed like she had thinning hair.

I always thought of her as a spy who pretended to work for the Horde and spent most of her time with the horde but fed information and was really loyal to the rebellion.

In the She-Ra episode "Reunions" Glimmer states that one of the rebellions spies has just learned that her mother queen angella was a slave to hunga the harpy. I always thought of that spy as being Double Trouble.

I think she would have made a great character in the cartoon and they could have made an episode towards the end of season one or in season two where the Horde finds out Double Trouble is a spy and She-Ra has to rescue her.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    After Mermista, she was my favorite POP figure as a kid. I loved that she could just walk in to either camp and be trusted.

Since she has so much potential, I could see them giving her a second dress with Horde symbol, but if not, I'm perfectly fine with her being a straight redesign of the original, with two faces/heads.

When they make her, I'm putting her amidst Hordak's ranks. Vampy looks, outlandish ensemble... it's only natural. Now, if they were to make both versions, the brunette prototype will be the evil look for me, and the blond is her natural look, and will go in the Rebellion. Same goes if they make a brunette Sweet Bee too. But that's because I always saw the brunette as a different woman entirely.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

The dark haired version of sweet-bee with the black dress and yellow trim i think of as an evil member of sweet-bee's people. I think of her as Bee-A-Trix who was a sketch of an evil bee woman that gbagok designed but didnt complete

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nightboy1984 View Post
    The dark haired version of sweet-bee with the black dress and yellow trim i think of as an evil member of sweet-bee's people. I think of her as Bee-A-Trix who was a sketch of an evil bee woman that gbagok designed but didnt complete
    Yep. I could see this trouble maker crash landing in Horde territory, or attempting to betray her people to the Horde for a position of more power.

Great, now I want to draw brunette Double Trouble and brunette Sweet Bee... Not necessarily a bad thing though.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

I was just thinking that she could come with a circular Yin-Yang shield, but with two womens faces sculpted into either side of the circle. Then maybe it could split apart into pointed weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I was just thinking that she could come with a circular Yin-Yang shield, but with two womens faces sculpted into either side of the circle. Then maybe it could split apart into pointed weapons.
    That's a really cool idea!

I'm thinking this girl would fare even better than her "lovely" companions due to the helmet. She could easily be morphed into a more serious character...
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

According to a POP book, Double Trouble is Queen Angella's secret agent stationed on Beast Island.
    And I think according to the style guide she is Queen Angellas Niece and Glimmers cousin!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Anyone got any Double Trouble pics or media? I don't know much about this character at all and she is near the bottom of my PoP want list. The only picture I remember ever seeing of her was on PoP cardbacks and back of mini comics.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Anyone got any Double Trouble pics or media? I don't know much about this character at all and she is near the bottom of my PoP want list. The only picture I remember ever seeing of her was on PoP cardbacks and back of mini comics.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    lol @ how she puts on her evil face.

So she's like the PoP Man-E-Faces then. I like the green, but I dunno about her helmet/hair. It's kinda knight-ish to me.

I'm all for the lesser portrayed characters, Double Trouble needs a GOOD bio though. I worry about bios for characters that don't have much media.

So she never came with anything but a comb and never used any weapons in the mini comics? What could she possibly come with accessory-wise?
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I used to give my classic Double Trouble the big gray halberd axe weapon from the Grayskull weapons rack... I'd like to see her come with something along the lines of that. She's really a clean slate when it comes to accessories... heck, they could load her up with all sorts of double agent gadgets, 007-style!

I , too, ruled her as an evil Horde member. She was one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    back in the 80's I had her as a evil character, one of Catras crew (with frosta and Castapella). she was a spy in She ras ranks. I wanted her to be the opposite of MEF.

It wasnt until only recently when I saw the prototypes that I saw she was originally an evil character! Shows how perceptive I was as a kid!

ka
    Although I now grudgingly consider her a rebel.
    Last edited by Alexxandar; May 22, 2011 at 06:24pm.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I kind of hope they give us two separate heads for Double Trouble and make it so they can clip INTO the helmet like the mini-comic and the helmet with necklace like the toy. I think that would be pretty darn awesome! They could also give us both capes.

About weapons, I could see her with a spear and/or a sword. Double Trouble always seemed very "warrior" to me...and making the Evil Horde believe she's one of them, she has to be fierce.

Here are some more official pictures of Double Trouble:

Fan Art:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    the prototype version:

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    lol @ how she puts on her evil face.
    She's putting on her ***** face.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Double Trouble always seemed very "warrior" to me...and making the Evil Horde believe she's one of them, she has to be fierce.
    The two panels in the mini-comic where she's trekking through the snow are my favorites. Double Trouble is so fierce with her windblown hair. Girl doesn't let the harsh weather conditions stop her. She-Ra and Bow probably have the heat on in The Flutter Plane.

Charlie Brown: Thanks for reminding me about that U-Matics Double Trouble!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    She's putting on her ***** face.
    "By The Power Of Frowning, No-one will recognise me!"

Seriously, at the very least she needs (a) two entirely different face sculpts - not merely different expressions, as different as Adora & Catra - and (b) two different chestplates (preferably with a big Horde symbol on one, but that Filmationesque one as the minimal alternative).

Charlie Brown: Thanks for reminding me about that U-Matics Double Trouble!
    Aka Glimmer

I really like Double Trouble and I love the fact that she is mysterious. I wonder why they never used her in the cartoon. Does anyone know?

I do hope they use the classic toy design and she definitely needs 2 faces.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm kind of happy that they can only base her off of the toy or mini-comic, so she has to be more detailed! The colouring books are close to the toy, but a tad less detailed...and Mattel doesn't have the rights to the colouring books anyway.

I'll be mad if she comes out like the prototype. Her colours are very unappealing like that, and besides, she looks too close to Filmation's character "Lohni," She-Ra's female friend in Horde Trooper armour with a head like that. I would much rather have a Lohni than that colour scheme Double Trouble.

Carback art:

http://darah.com/she-ra/images/img/dtrouble/3.gif

http://darah.com/she-ra/images/img/dtrouble/4.jpg
    Last edited by Darkspecter; May 23, 2011 at 11:30am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    "By The Power Of Frowning, No-one will recognise me!"
    I love the coloring book page Darkspecter posted where she's looking at her scowling face on the wall.

Seriously, at the very least she needs (a) two entirely different face sculpts - not merely different expressions, as different as Adora & Catra - and (b)
    Agreed on the two different face sculpts.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    I really like Double Trouble and I love the fact that she is mysterious. I wonder why they never used her in the cartoon. Does anyone know?
    I'm thinking they didn't utilize her because Filmation was all about setting good examples, and they probably didn't think it was setting a good example for a heroic character to constantly be two-faced/backstabbing The Horde for information.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm kind of happy that they can only base her off of the toy or mini-comic, so she has to be more detailed! The colouring books are close to the toy, but a tad less detailed...and Mattel doesn't have the rights to the colouring books anyway.
    Same here, but hopefully they don't find a way to screw her up. (i.e. Giving her She-Ra's boots and gaunlets ) This is the exciting thing to me about The Star Sisters too... But now watch Mattel got access to Filmation characters and they decided to make them all based on the cartoon.

Does anyone think she'll still be Glimmer's cousin in MOTUC? That's kind of the only thing we really ever knew about her personally.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"