Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Double Trouble (Double Mischief) in MOTUC

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'm thinking they didn't utilize her because Filmation was all about setting good examples, and they probably didn't think it was setting a good example for a heroic character to constantly be two-faced/backstabbing The Horde for information.
    That makes sense!

Same here, but hopefully they don't find a way to screw her up. (i.e. Giving her She-Ra's boots and gaunlets ) This is the exciting thing to me about The Star Sisters too... But now watch Mattel got access to Filmation characters and they decided to make them all based on the cartoon.
    Oh dear, I hope we don't get the Filmation Star Sisters...or their look/colouring in the poster. Give me toys or give me death!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Does anyone think she'll still be Glimmer's cousin in MOTUC? That's kind of the only thing we really ever knew about her personally.
    I must have missed that bit of info. I really should start reading my books. Where was that revealed?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Oh dear, I hope we don't get the Filmation Star Sisters...or their look/colouring in the poster. Give me toys or give me death!
    Ick ick ick no to the Filmation Star Sisters. Starla's "noose" staff can give them ideas of what to do if that happens.

I hope we'll get a few darker color tones for Double Trouble to make her pop visually; the vintage figure is fine for the most part but having the shades of green so close to each other makes the figure, as a whole, blurr together.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

I must have missed that bit of info. I really should start reading my books. Where was that revealed?
    I'd seen it before, but I also found this post in the She-Ra forum where I first learned this information.

Quote Originally Posted by TIRPITZ View Post
    Too bad Double Trouble never appeared in the cartoon.
    If I remember correctly, she was originally planned to appear in though, and was featured in Filmation series' bible. There is was specified that she was Glimmer's cousin... that had some potential, story wise.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I'd seen it before, but I also found this post in the She-Ra forum where I first learned this information.
    Intriguing!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Double Trouble being Glimmer's cousin comes from the She-Ra series bible. I had first come across this in the Busta Toons He-man and She-Ra Blog. The first link I'm including is the excerpt about her in the series bible.

The second link I'm including is artwork of Double Trouble done by Bearshow. He gave her more of a samurai look with two katana blades for weapons.
    Gbagok also drew a sketch of Double Trouble with a samurai feel to her which I have included as the third link.

I think that two katana swords would make great weapons for the MOTUC Double Trouble because her helmet does sort of remind me of a samurai helmet.

If you look at Double Trouble's left arm in Gbagok's sketch you can see that he gave her an Evil Horde armband much like the male Horde members have. I think this would be a great addition on the MOTUC figure instead of a Horde symbol that clips onto her body. I think a Horde symbol clipping onto her body armor might come out a little bulky, but I think the armband which can come off like it does on the male Horde members would be a great way to tie her in and change her from good to evil besides her face.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh, I think I remember reading that now, nightboy! It's been a long time. She sounds similar to the Horde villain False-Face...except for the agile part...and being able to fit in extremely small/tight places.

Interesting they say she isn't much of a fighter, because I always thought she looked like a great warrior!

Quote Originally Posted by nightboy1984 View Post
    Double Trouble being Glimmer's cousin comes from the She-Ra series bible. I had first come across this in the Busta Toons He-man and She-Ra Blog. The first link I'm including is the excerpt about her in the series bible.

The second link I'm including is artwork of Double Trouble done by Bearshow. He gave her more of a samurai look with two katana blades for weapons.
    Gbagok also drew a sketch of Double Trouble with a samurai feel to her which I have included as the third link.

I think that two katana swords would make great weapons for the MOTUC Double Trouble because her helmet does sort of remind me of a samurai helmet.

If you look at Double Trouble's left arm in Gbagok's sketch you can see that he gave her an Evil Horde armband much like the male Horde members have. I think this would be a great addition on the MOTUC figure instead of a Horde symbol that clips onto her body. I think a Horde symbol clipping onto her body armor might come out a little bulky, but I think the armband which can come off like it does on the male Horde members would be a great way to tie her in and change her from good to evil besides her face.
    I like the pictures but iīm not on keen for the samurai point of view, she is a blonde and maybe iīm just a bit narrow minded...

But the Horde armband is a nice touch and could be great for Entrapta too!

Double Trouble being Glimmer's cousin comes from the She-Ra series bible.
    Oh wow, I've never seen that before - or if I have, it's been so long that I don't recall! Cool stuff.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    It'd be nice if she were still Glimmer's cousin. If they can't, because of the rights issues, no matter. She can still be her cousin as soon as we decide it so for our canons.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    nightboy, thanks for the very interesting post.

Interesting they say she isn't much of a fighter, because I always thought she looked like a great warrior!
    totally agree.
    it was really surprising, to me, to read that she's not a fighter: i looked at her as the mystique (x-men) of the rebellion.
    ...so, she's supposed to belong to the rogue class more than the warrior one.

strange thing is that the description of her skills would be perfect for a hypothetical snakewoman character.

I can at least understand her not being much of a fighter. She is part of the Rebellion but she pretends to be a part of the Horde in order to spy on them and report back to the Rebellion. If she goes into a fight she wouldn't want to attack her fellow rebels but on the other hand she would not want to attack any Horde members because then they would know she was against them. So the best thing for her to do is avoid fighting as much as she can and be a good dodger as her series bible profile states.

Make her BOTH and get 2 figures -

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185120

Here's my fleshed out bio for Double Trouble
    (influenced by her Bible bio):

Double Trouble was born as the princess of the Kingdom of Green Glade. She is cousin to Glimmer, and similar to Glimmer, was born with magical abilities. Double has the ability to make a magical duplicate of herself. Before she explored the extent of her own powers, she witnessed her cousin Glimmer's growing abilities and became jealous. She sought out a way to increase her abilities. She ventured to Mystacor for the guidance of Castaspella, only to be told to "be patient". She was soon approached by dark Horde magicians, who promised her exactly what she sought.

Through Horde magic, Double's powers were augmented, allowing her to cast powerful mirror-like illusions, and change her appearance to look like anything she could think of. There, however was a side affect: Double could still split herself into two entities, but her personality was split between the two. One entity polarized into the inherently good-natured persona (Green Double Trouble with blonde hair), the other was inherently evil (Blue and Purple Double Trouble with black hair - prototype colors). Because of the Horde magic, the evil Double Trouble was the more powerful portion, and could force the good portion to merge into one at will.

Double Trouble is most powerful when merged into one entity. With the evil portion in command, Double willingly serves the Horde. But if the evil portion experiences physical trauma, or becomes incapacitated, the good portion can "split" off and escape (and work with the Rebellion), or take control of the one body. Both portions of Double's personality are eternally struggling to control the one form - which is when they are at their most powerful.
    Last edited by mykan; May 28, 2011 at 10:00am. Reason: typo
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Should Double Trouble come with a third head minus the helmet?

1st head: Heroic face, long blonde ponytail
    2nd head: Evil or monsterous face, white ponytail
    3rd head: True face, short hair signifying that ponytail is part of helmet.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Should Double Trouble come with a third head minus the helmet?

1st head: Heroic face, long blonde ponytail
    2nd head: Evil or monsterous face, white ponytail
    3rd head: True face, short hair signifying that ponytail is part of helmet.
    A helmetless head would be really cool! I'd like one for Man-E-Faces too...before he became a freak.

This is probably the route they would go if Double Trouble was ever made into a Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    This is probably the route they would go if Double Trouble was ever made into a Barbie.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6QVVpMkphA...-Doll-0001.jpg
    That Barbie is halla expensive though! When I first saw pictures of her last year or the year before (whenever she was shown), I thought the shield looked like She-Ra!

I like Double Trouble and think she can be done in a lot of really interesting and innovative ways. Personally, I hope she has some kind of removeable Horde logo, but that's just me.

One thing that has occured to me that I find mildly humorous, and I am not sure if this phrase means the same thing globally, but her ability is that she's "two-faced"

So it'd be sorta clever if she comes with little knives or daggers, to put in her enemies' backs mua-ha-ha. Sorry, it is just a thought that made me smirk.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

With Mattel having those Filmation rights, itīs possible to combine the never been used Double Trouble and Lohni-Adoras second in command- in to one character.

That would give Double Trouble a name and Lohni a back story.

Maybe her armor could be one of Double Troubles new accessories as she didnīt had one except for the comp.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    1) It wouldn't make sense to meld the two storywise - Lohni betrays the Horde, is forced to flee for her & her father's safety, and is then welcomed back into the Horde with open arms while working as a spy?!
    2) It wouldn't make sense to remove the highly-distinct Lohni design from the monthly figures possibilities. Remember, TG said that their priority with the bios was to maximise the number of figures they can do! You're not doing that by turning Lohni into DT.

Our last hope for seeing a pure vintage toy-based POP figure in MOTUC.

not if they go off the poster she was in like they did with the star sisters

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Indeed:

Also, her "evil" face needs to be an entirely different sculpt (not just her frowning) and she needs a removable Horde symbol (swappable bodice?)

I know. That's why it's hope.

P.S. Let's inundate the 4H with messages saying that we want a toy-based Double Trouble.

I forgot about that poster reboot. the one i actually had in mind was the one here ... http://www.princessofpower.co.uk/pag...rs/poster2.jpg

which i wouldnt mind or after the toy. i wouldnt want it to look like the one in the picture you posted reboot. all the characters look bad there.

Man-E-Faces getting his action feature gives me a bit of hope they won't cheap-out on Double Trouble by just giving her two helmeted heads. I will riot if she doesn't get her feature too.
    Last edited by Tallstar; August 12, 2011 at 12:06pm.