Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Double Trouble (Double Mischief) in MOTUC

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I don't think we'll see her until 2015. But I'd love to see her sooner.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Getting more and more interested in her every time she's brought up. Her minicomic is really interesting, honestly. I mean...her face just gets angry. So is she just known to all the enemies as an ally and they just don't know she's good? OR...is she somehow just able to have...super pursuasion? Like she walks in on Catra and Catra is just complelled to believe that Double Trouble is one of her regular allies.

One way or another it gives her a lot of room for imagination. A spy, a double agent on both sides, or just able to persuade people into thinking what she wants (to a degree)? Until I see the offical bio, I gotta say, I'm really interested in the idea that she can somehow persuade people. I like the idea of her maybe working both sides to her own benefit.
    These are some cool character suggestions, Alexx.

Double Trouble is a great contender among the POP gals. She is less feminine in style and theme, so she may have crossover appeal.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I hope Double Trouble comes with an attachable/removable Horde Emblem, like Shield Maiden Sherrilynn.

I'd also like to see her come with a unique crossbow. Perhaps one that looks like it would fire two bolts; a double shot!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I hope Double Trouble comes with an attachable/removable Horde Emblem, like Shield Maiden Sherrilynn.

I'd also like to see her come with a unique crossbow. Perhaps one that looks like it would fire two bolts; a double shot!
    A double crossbow & removable horde emblem. i like it!
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

She looks amazing.

I love her translucent cape and it seems her ponytail is turnable, at least it looks like it on the the fwoosh pictures since she is shown with the ponytail at the back but carded it is going down side ways.

It seems that she comes with two heads lets see if the helmet is removable and only the head underneath is bald

The boots are going to be reused for Sweet Bee i guess.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I didn't even notice that her cape was translucent, but very cool!
    2015 MOTUC Line is ON! (Now make Tuskador PLEASE)

Huh, I just noticed that cape being translucent, too! I hadn't realized she was a production piece, as my first glimpse of her was on Matty's page. She looks amazeballs! Wish we could've gotten that kind of a cape for Frosta as well!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I love her, BUT I wish she had two heads, instead of her action feature. This limits her head/neck articulation (to none) and it changes her aesthetics too. It makes her neck area look weird and her face doesn't have the proper depth now. The prototype looks like they planned on two heads and looks amazing. In fact, you can see her head is slightly tilted on the prototype and her helmet doesn't go below her necklace. The production version, the helmet goes below her necklace and you can see there is no articulation.

I REALLY wish Mattel stayed true to their promise about this line: no action features that will interfere with articulation.

Her helmet could have plugged into the top of her head...just include a second, bald, head. That would have been SO much better.

I'm still really excited for her, but it does bum me out that her face, helmet and head were better before. I think it might be a Rueben/Matty Design change...

Last edited by Darkspecter; February 16, 2014 at 07:43pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

While the limiting of her head's articulation isn't ideal, it's not like turning her head was going to do much good with that ginormous collar. I think the only gripe I have, and it's a minor one, is that I wish they'd gone with a brighter less pastel green
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post
    While the limiting of her head's articulation isn't ideal, it's not like turning her head was going to do much good with that ginormous collar. I think the only gripe I have, and it's a minor one, is that I wish they'd gone with a brighter less pastel green
    That final product is like a whole new sculpt. Look at her necklace, it's more like round pearls in the prototype, but like a square block in the final product. They made her exactly like Man-E-Faces, which is not ideal for this figure. Should have had two heads, with the ponytail plugging into the top.

Definitely a whole new neck sculpt from the 4H prototype.

Yeah, she looks funky, sadly, seeing the pics from the booth.

Heroic Warrior
    no boot cut either, hope she has thigh articulation

Yeah, it's a shame that her necklace didn't end up as streamlined as it was in that prototype pic and turned out more like a bulky choker. Still, Double Trouble was one of those Great Rebellion girls that I feared wouldn't make the cut, along with Entrapta, so I'm really glad to see her coming soon. I just noticed the flip-over crossbow and translucent cape...Very nice touches!

Anyway, I look forward to adding her to my Great Rebellion display...Or will she show up with the Horde? Or will she be spying for the Eternian Royal Family? Or will she have some connection with King Hssss?! There are a lot of fun display options with her!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Can't. unsee. design. change. D'oh.

Why couldn't they make the choker/pearls part of her helmet (the bottom) a seperate thin plastic piece?
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I love her, BUT I wish she had two heads, instead of her action feature. This limits her head/neck articulation (to none) and it changes her aesthetics too. It makes her neck area look weird and her face doesn't have the proper depth now. The prototype looks like they planned on two heads and looks amazing. In fact, you can see her head is slightly tilted on the prototype and her helmet doesn't go below her necklace. The production version, the helmet goes below her necklace and you can see there is no articulation.

I REALLY wish Mattel stayed true to their promise about this line: no action features that will interfere with articulation.

Her helmet could have plugged into the top of her head...just include a second, bald, head. That would have been SO much better.

I'm still really excited for her, but it does bum me out that her face, helmet and head were better before. I think it might be a Rueben/Matty Design change...

this. my biggest gripe.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

I 100% agree, she suffers because Mattel added the gimmick/action feature. The 4H prototype looks amazing, the production one is very boxy. I'm also not a fan of the translucent cape.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

I got 2 gripes with her but i love they way she turned out.
    1) First with her chest emblem, they really should have gone the way of they did with SSM. Have her chest emblem removable and have the small horde emblem pop in. Super easy and would have worked great. I mean the crossbow works, giving her an affliation with the horde the chest emblem would have made it better.
    2) Again, where is her shield. Its a simple accessory and that was a staple for all POP Women, now we haven't gotten it for the Star Sisters, Glimmer and Double Trouble. And Castaspella and Frosta, who never had shields, both got some as MOTUC Figures.

Otherwise great figure, chocker a little bulky but I could live with it.

I agree that they shoulda stuck with the protohead, but I'm not completely disappointed. I mean, the design still kicks! She was one of my top choices when I looked through the PoP archive, and I'm still lookin' forward to getting her. I do wish she had a better weapon, but the dual crossbow IS clever and appreciated!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Looks like they made the sides of the helmet a little bit longer on the production figure vs the prototype.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Wow, the head/helmet/neck on her is horrible, already calling this as one of the worst MOTUC of 2014.

Heroic Warrior
    I think Double Trouble (or Doublia or Doublecrossa or some other far better alternative to Double Mischief) looks good. Very good. The translucent cape is especially great.

My minor quibbles would be:

- something was lost in translation from proto-type to production with the choker and neck attachment;
    - the skirt should have "slits" like BP She-Ra;
    - a removable "Horde" symbol (e.g. arm band) would have been awesome;
    - a PoP shield in the appropriate colours would have also been awesome, especially as according to the biography, Double Trouble is a "goodie";
    - the plain arm bands/gauntlets should have had the sculpted detail from the original vintage toy; and
    - those parts of the belt and collar which were holographic sticks on the original vintage toy should have had some stylised sculpted details (similar to MOTUC Bow's cape).

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar
    Doublecrossa is a cool twist. What happened to Double Trouble?

Who owns that name now? Marvel.
    Bugul Noz: The Glorious Hunter
    "So why Oo-Lar? The answer is simple. We really couldn't afford to put boots on He-Man, or sculpt exciting new bracers or armor components. We're just too broke. In a first for any figure- bare feet."

Love Double-Trouble!! I don't know why there is a name change here!!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

I like her! Definitely one of the best PoP so far. She's got this green archer forest thing going on. Hope the bio is good, bi polar beauty

Yeah, I was surprised by the Double Mischief name too...But it looks like Skylanders owns the Double Trouble name now:

Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!