Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread--November 2010

Why is the Shadow beast figure brown when both versions (MYP & Filmation) of the character were a purplish blue colour?
    Was it strictly a 4H preference, or some other reason?

It is the light (or lack of light) that makes them look purple or blue. Shadowbeasts are brown.
    For some reason, I don't get why people insist, that in Filmation Shadowbeasts were pure purple...

We see them in clear day-light in "Prince Adam No More" and to me, that looks brown. (maybe it's a cousin-race to the ones we see in "Teela's Quest")
    But point being; they are not merely purpleish in Filmation.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Not a fair comparison IMO. Despite some argument to the contrary, Mattel has made plenty of figures that came out just fine. You make it sound like every figure in the line is screwed up. The ones I have look fine to me. Of course, things like Roboto barely count as an issue to me, so obviously people's definition of "issue" may vary.
    As I said, I don't complain about something going wrong once in a while, or paint not being applied perfectly here and there. I was lucky enough to get no Faker with wrong feet and no broken Goddess. But I don't own a single figure with "He-Man boots" whose ankles are tight. And I seem to have some extremely bad luck this year, cause out of all regular-sited figures being released for the last 7 months, only my Chief Carnivus didn't have any problems at all. I'm rather tired about preparing some hot water for my bent weapons each month anyway. And I don't think that it's acceptable to get Mattel's above reaction when I pay $ 30.- (tax not even included) for extremely loose articulation, bobbleheads, broken parts, and details painted really badly or not at all. As I said, maybe I just had some really bad luck this year with my figures. But that doesn't make Mattel's response about Roboto's quality issues (which are more than just the stupid shoulders) any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    For some reason, I don't get why people insist, that in Filmation Shadowbeasts were pure purple...
    We see them in clear day-light in "Prince Adam No More" and to me, that looks brown. (maybe it's a cousin-race to the ones we see in "Teela's Quest")
    Yup, it's rather baffling. Maybe their memory tricks them into believing that the Filmation beasts looked the same as the purple beasts from the MYP show? I'd understand complaints if the Horsemen had sculpted the head more in the 200X style. But since the sculpt is totally "Filmation", it makes sense that the beasts are colored brown.
    Last edited by Sir Reilly; October 30, 2010 at 07:55pm.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1288478533

They're a dark shade of PINK in Prince Adam No More, tending slightly toward purple (sampling the PAL DVD gives #912444 - R:57%, G:14%, B: 27%. Compare to the brown tree branches in the background):

As for Teela's Quest, well we see them in daylight there too, and they're a definite grayish purple (#371f37 - R:22%,G:12%,B:22%):

Well, that is why I stated it needs clarification. The issue I picked up is clearly labeled as 'December 2010'. I was rather excited to see it on the stand as the new release, thinking I may be the first to spot the new fig....*sigh.

[QUOTE=Reboot;2567723]They're a dark shade of PINK in Prince Adam No More, tending slightly toward purple (sampling the PAL DVD gives #912444 - R:57%, G:14%, B: 27%.

As for Teela's Quest, well we see them in daylight there too, and they're a definite grayish purple (#371f37 - R:22%,G:12%,B:22%):

At those saturations, they should be a light violet brown. There is clearly enough green to balance it out. Maybe you TV has a differing color aspect?
    Last edited by Hoffrod; October 30, 2010 at 08:14pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    At those saturations, they should be a light violet brown. There is clearly enough green to balance it out. Maybe you TV has a differing color aspect?
    I'm using my laptop PC monitor. And I see the PANM SB as a dark pink, or arguably I suppose a very dull magneta.

Just for the record though, here's as exact a frame-to-frame match I can get between the R2 DVD and Jukka's (VHS?) cap:

Jukka's cap looks browner to me, although the Shadowbeast is still less pinkish in that cap than the "let's all laugh at Beastman" one, I s'pose.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heroic Warrior
    I guess the next QA issue that pops up can be blamed on logistics,or maybe logistics and the ocasional logistics problem.There's just so many logistical variables to take into account that it makes it logistically impossible to know.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Toy Guru is a true politician , like all politicians they dance around the answer .
    Last edited by AnnnaMot; October 30, 2010 at 09:46pm.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    Toy Guru is a true polition , like all politions they dance around the answer .
    What's a polition?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    My guess for the April figure is Clawful

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    What's a polition?
    They are native only to Eternia. A mysterious group working behind the scenes.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRondor View Post
    My guess for the April figure is Clawful
    They said it is one of the "Masters", which is what they call the good guys on Eternia now.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior
    Then if it is a Masters my guess is Man E Faces...since they already have the body of Optic

Quote Originally Posted by KingRondor View Post
    Then if it is a Masters my guess is Man E Faces...since they already have the body of Optic
    In this very thread, TG states that there is no plan for Man-E, so that kind of puts a damper on that guess.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Let's all be careful not to dive into the personal attack/insult pool.

I humbly request that everyone try to be as diplomatic as possible.

You have every right to be frustrated about things you dislike!
    But please express that frustration here on the Org forums as constructively as you can.

Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    I really hate the condescending "you don't see what we do right" answer.

What, TG, you want a pat on the back for doing your JOB?

That's a crap answer. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    That didn't bother me half as much as the snotty comment about fans not noticing it either.

Guess what, Scott. I'm not paid to notice this crap. YOU are.
    As harsh as it sounds, I agree 100%.

I just got my 2 Roboto's, both with backwards shoulders which look awful and 1 with "The Original" burst on the package.

Besides, this is the second month in a row that some of my packages get lost: first Orko/Adam & Mo-Larr and then 2 Gygors.

Yeah, tell me about what you are doing right

PS: IMO, April's figure is Mekanek
    Last edited by Rhanen; October 30, 2010 at 09:29pm.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    In this very thread, TG states that there is no plan for Man-E, so that kind of puts a damper on that guess.
    Not really. He says a variation on that about any figure that hasn't been announced yet.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Not really. He says a variation on that about any figure that hasn't been announced yet.
    This is true, plus, I still think the April figure could be Man-E because TG's answer needs to read in the context of the actual question being asked:
    No plans right now for Man-E [to come packaged with these "5x Extra maroon weapons"], but we will be including these colored weapons with the Weapons Rack in early 2011.
    – No comment.

If they aren't going to fix things, then the best thing Mattel can do on this whole Roboto mess is to keep quiet. Everything they've said so far has been defensive and come off like a child that knows they did something wrong.

Telling us that we need to notice that you do things right that we don't see is pure rubbish. If I told that to my clients, I might be warned or suspended from my job. The job of a QC/QA role is to catch EVERYTHING and what is missed should be apologized for and that is all. Nothing else should be said.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    This is true, plus, I still think the April figure could be Man-E because TG's answer needs to read in the context of the actual question being asked:
    He said the same thing about Whiplash. That there were no current plans, only for him to turn up at NYTF a few months later.

Man-E-Faces is a stock answer.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

So I guess we could both be right.
    And I just think it would make much sense to release Man-E in the same month as the weapons rack which includes his "Man-E-"weapons.
    – No comment.

They could have thousands more eyes looking for defects if they would only show us the figures before they are final. All they have to do is put a disclaimer on the pics saying that they are subject to change.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

No plans right now for Man-E, but we will be including these colored weapons with the Weapons Rack in early 2011.
    Sadly, this might make the weapons rack my most anticipated release of 2011. I can't wait to get the appropriate weapons for Wun-Dar. And the best parts is, I can can look forward to a MOTUC product without fear of it having loose ankles.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    They could have thousands more eyes looking for defects if they would only show us the figures before they are final. All they have to do is put a disclaimer on the pics saying that they are subject to change.
    Didn't the Roboto prototype at SDCC have the backward shoulders, and no-one caught it?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    Depends what the fans think is a defect. Some fans might hate what's being offered and want Mattel to scrap the whole figure and resculpt it from scratch. Others might find a single aspect, like the King Hsss snakes to fix.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Didn't the Roboto prototype at SDCC have the backward shoulders, and no-one caught it?
    Yup! And Im sure Im not alone in kicking myself over not spotting it....My excuse Is I looked at the Roboto pics twice! Bow was the one I most stared at!

Id like to think I would have spotted it if Bow wasnt so freaking perfect!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]