Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread--November 2010

With Roboto when been told they need at less 6 months to fix major issues. We saw him 1st end of July so that would have made it hard to fix. With only most of the people being able to see him behind glass at SDCC hard to see little details like that. Then there are some of us like myself who only look at Pixel Dan preveiw and we got that 6 days before he went on sale on Matty 4 days so at want time if fans catch it where they going to fix it?
    Last edited by Morbebanur; October 31, 2010 at 09:52am.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbebanur View Post
    With Roboto... at want time if fans catch it where they going to fix it?
    It doesn't matter... It is our fault since "even the fans" didn't catch it. Now we have to scrutinize every figure and point out every single thing we think MAY be a one-in-a-thousand missed issue.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I expected most of those answers, Am Happy about Kamo Khan, with any luck he will be the sub 2012 exclusive and I will have a reason to sign up again -thank god for Bow,Panthor,Swiftwind and Hiss! Or I wouldnt have signed up for 2011 ( I hate that Hoodie He-man thing!and they've already shown us the Etheria map,no anticipation or mystery there!)

I just looked at the 4H's comment about the POP figure they just mentioned.

Please give us Flutterina in MOTUC fast! I think she would be a wonderful MOTUC figure! What do you think about Flutterina?

You're right, she would make a GREAT MotUC figure! We're not working on Flutterina in the very near future, but we think you're all gonna dig the PoP figure we just wrapped up!

-FH-

No hints. Sorry.
    I love how the 4H show interest in Suggested figures,It gives us hope.

Unlike TG's foreboding 'If and When we get to them' Routine!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    That is only because legally as an employee and rep for Mattel I simply can't comment officially. Not that as a fan I don't want to. Job and offical responsibilities comes first though.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    That is only because legally as an employee and rep for Mattel I simply can't comment officially. Not that as a fan I don't want to. Job and offical responsibilities comes first though.
    Booo... ToyGuru's responsible! How dare you put the family and personal life first! Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Booo... ToyGuru's responsible! How dare you put the family and personal life first! Hehe.
    LOL
    TG's got it right, whether we want to believe it or not.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    It doesn't matter... It is our fault since "even the fans" didn't catch it. Now we have to scrutinize every figure and point out every single thing we think MAY be a one-in-a-thousand missed issue.
    LOL! If you thought the fans complained before...

Now every figure is going to be scrutinized so that we don't have any future Robotos.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Yup! And Im sure Im not alone in kicking myself over not spotting it....My excuse Is I looked at the Roboto pics twice! Bow was the one I most stared at!

Id like to think I would have spotted it if Bow wasnt so freaking perfect!
    Everyone was too busy complaining about King Hsss' snakes and the lack of 200X heads or praising how cool Bow, Vikor and the Royal Guards were. Roboto's shoulders simply slipped under the radar.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; October 31, 2010 at 03:52pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Yeah I get that, I apologise, its just that 'if' is the most powerful word in the universe -for good and evil. and when its used in such a (apparently) successful line it can instill fear.

Let your inner fan out,Dont break the rules by any means, but allow yourself to enjoy the line as much as we do. life will be a lot less fraught!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

When does the December ToyFare come out?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    When does the December ToyFare come out?
    I'm thinking between December 7th to the 15th.

I'm not liking the "no plans for Man-E right now" answer, although if we can get a character that didn@t get a 200X release, I'll be happy to leave 200X Man_e on display!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Looks like there might not be a fixed Roboto re release until at least 2013.

That is easy.

For the re-release of both He-Man and Skeletor we used a "design" slot to correct them since they are the two most important characters and it was worth "sacrificing" another new character to use that slot to correct our main characters.

For Roboto, we do want to use a "design" slot to fix him down the line as well, we just don't have plans right now since currently all of our current "design" slots (vs "rerelease" slots)are already allocated to all new figures (at least for 2011 and 2012)

We can make a minor paint change for a "rerelease" slot, but once we change the physcial figure such as flipping the shoulders or using a different hand it becomes a "design" slot and we are limited in the number of overall design slots we have for the line.

Hope that helps!

TG
    Unless I'm reading that wrong.
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

So we could have had two new characters instead of getting the red out of He-Man's eyes and Skeletor's hand fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    So we could have had two new characters instead of getting the red out of He-Man's eyes and Skeletor's hand fixed?
    As much as it pains me to say, I'd rather have gotten that atrocious red eye removed from He-Man and delay a character.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    No. We could have had two new characters instead of fixing He-Man's shoulders and getting Skeletor's hand fixed. The red eyes is a paint change and would have been fine either way.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

New answers are up.

None of my faves better get bumped when they get to Roboto.

Tallstar,

What is your avatar from?

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Tallstar,

What is your avatar from?
    Curtains (1983)

Curtains (1983)
    Well, guess I'll never see it since it isn't available anywhere. I'm a horror buff and never heard of that one, but looks like I'm SOL.

Curtains (1983)
    I honestly thought it was Christina Aguilera from some video of hers(I haven't seen one of those since Genie In A Bottle).

I love the Strait-Jacket gifs. I just saw that earlier this year on a local Chicago station. A very entertaining & very bad movie.

EDIT: I meant Christina wearing ghoulish makeup like Michael Jackson in Thriller. I didn't mean this as a slam of any sort.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; November 1, 2010 at 12:24pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I honestly thought it was Christina Aguilera from some video of hers(I haven't seen one of those since Genie In A Bottle).
    It's clearly a screenshot from Britney's Dance Beat 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    It's clearly a screenshot from Britney's Dance Beat 3.
    About as scary, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    If you watch her "Dirty" video, it could easily be a screenshot.
    Last edited by RockinHard; November 1, 2010 at 12:16pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Knowing that fixes will cost us design slots we should be more careful which figures we want to have fixed. For me it is OK He-Man shoulders were fixed but I pity Skeletor's "fixed" hand costs us a figure.

I wonder wheter fix of fragile Goddess will cost us a design slot too. Toyguru mentioned that the problem was the assemby process of the Goddess - or something like that.

It is quite unfortunate that we have to pay for Mattel's mistakes twice - we have to buy the fixed reissue, plus the fixed reissue will cost us another figure. Damn it!

Heroic Warrior
    "I imagine when an if we get to Man-E-Faces we would eventually doboth decos (much as we did for Tri-Klops sword). No plans right now onany specifics, deco, release or fan voting for him. Stay tuned."

What is with the "if"? There better not be an "if" we get to Man-E-Faces. If this figure doesn't get made I will get rid of my entire collection and be mad... and pout like a baby. And stomp my feet on the ground... and cry.