Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread--November 2010

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    Clarification about MOTUC on Cyber Monday
    Q: Hi ToyGuru This is what your reply was to a question about MOTUC on cyber monday.

"He-Man, Skeletor and Battle Cat are the limited to the MOTUC items on Cyber Monday."

Did you mean that the Reissues of He-Man, Skeletor & BattleCat are the only MOTUC being offered on cyber Monday? You stated these were reissues and not left over limited customer service stock, So my question is are there other MOTUC's to be offered that are left over customer service stock? You don't have to say who they are just tell us if there will be more MOTUC's besides He-man, Skeletor & Battlecat.

A: The MOTUC items offered on Cyber Monday are not remaining customer serviced stock. They are an all new run for that sale. Some items sold on Cyber Monday will be remaining stock, but not these items. It is a new run for all three figures with the "The Orignal" burst.
    Why is it that whenever a question like this is asked, where we're ALL looking forward to a good answer, that they skip over the real question and answer something completely different! Unless of course that they did answer it, just inbetween the lines, i.e., there won't be any other MOTUC's on Cyber Monday.

I think the actual 1-sentence questions need to be in bold so it's not so hard for them to see what we want to know, lol.
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by KalesDad View Post
    Why is it that whenever a question like this is asked, where we're ALL looking forward to a good answer, that they skip over the real question and answer something completely different! Unless of course that they did answer it, just inbetween the lines, i.e., there won't be any other MOTUC's on Cyber Monday.

I think the actual 1-sentence questions need to be in bold so it's not so hard for them to see what we want to know, lol.
    It was answered right in the question:"He-Man, Skeletor and Battle Cat are the limit[] to the MOTUC items on Cyber Monday." I can see the confusion if Toy Guru said that they were the limit to the MOTUC re-issues, but he didn't.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    "I imagine when an if we get to Man-E-Faces we would eventually doboth decos (much as we did for Tri-Klops sword). No plans right now onany specifics, deco, release or fan voting for him. Stay tuned."

What is with the "if"? There better not be an "if" we get to Man-E-Faces. If this figure doesn't get made I will get rid of my entire collection and be mad... and pout like a baby. And stomp my feet on the ground... and cry.

Yup! as I pointed out in another thread recently, the most powerful word in the universe is 'If'. and I hate it being used so often in this line!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Well, guess I'll never see it since it isn't available anywhere. I'm a horror buff and never heard of that one, but looks like I'm SOL.
    I have it on VHS if you want to borrow it. (don't think it's ever been released on DVD)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I honestly thought it was Christina Aguilera from some video of hers(I haven't seen one of those since Genie In A Bottle).

EDIT: I meant Christina wearing ghoulish makeup like Michael Jackson in Thriller. I didn't mean this as a slam of any sort.

This is Miss Aguilera's most recent transformation.

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    It was answered right in the question:"He-Man, Skeletor and Battle Cat are the limit[] to the MOTUC items on Cyber Monday." I can see the confusion if Toy Guru said that they were the limit to the MOTUC re-issues, but he didn't.
    Ahh, so this time it was my own confusion that confused me.

Thanks!
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    "I imagine when an if we get to Man-E-Faces we would eventually doboth decos (much as we did for Tri-Klops sword). No plans right now onany specifics, deco, release or fan voting for him. Stay tuned."

What is with the "if"? There better not be an "if" we get to Man-E-Faces. If this figure doesn't get made I will get rid of my entire collection and be mad... and pout like a baby. And stomp my feet on the ground... and cry.

I don't think you have to worry. Right now they are saying "if" to everything. Hell, in their current mindset they would have said this at the start of the line: "If we get to He-Man..."

Don't worry about it for the obvious characters.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    This makes no sense at all:

"That is easy.
    For the re-release of both He-Man and Skeletor we used a "design" slot to correct them since they are the two most important characters and it was worth "sacrificing" another new character to use that slot to correct our main characters.
    For Roboto, we do want to use a "design" slot to fix him down the line as well, we just don't have plans right now since currently all of our current "design" slots (vs "rerelease" slots)are already allocated to all new figures (at least for 2011 and 2012)
    We can make a minor paint change for a "rerelease" slot, but once we change the physcial figure such as flipping the shoulders or using a different hand it becomes a "design" slot and we are limited in the number of overall design slots we have for the line.
    Hope that helps! "

No, it doesn't help, as it doesn't wash. There is no design work involved here whatsoever; this was an assembly problem. According to what Mattel has told us, the factory was informed of the problem with the shoulders when some of the samples came in backwards; the factory simply put the figures together wrong anyway.

THere is no similarity between Skeltor's hand and Roboto's shoulders. Skelly's hand was actually changed; the mold itself had to be altered or completely re-done to make the grip tighter. Both He-Man and Skeletor's re-release also had the newer, skinnier hip joint that didn't spread the legs as much. That's a change in the actual molds used to make the figures, so I can see that would be a new slot. Deciding on using a different hand would also require breaking out a different mold; again, I can see where that would require a new slot.

THere is NO difference between changing He-Man's face paint and Roboto's shoulders. Both involve NO design changes whatsoever, only a change in instructions to the factory. "Use less or no paint on the eyes" and "assemble the existing Roboto parts as we originally instructed you to."

There isn't a single change to any mold or paint mask. No change even to the color scheme. THere is NO change whatsoever from the original design, no physical change AT ALL to any part produced. Nothing is being "switched." The only change would be that the factory actually assemble the figure as instructed this time, which requires no more work than changing He-Man's "I went on a binge" red eyes. If something like that requires an actual slot, then Mattel has no understanding of it's own production process, and needs to re-examine its policies.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Yeah Scott. I don't think this is something that can be reasoned out rationally. It obviously has nothing to do with "design". It is just another restrictive Mattel rule seeking to apply shackles to the long-term success of MOTUC. Just like the rules about 200x heads and Keldor's 200x double-blades.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

It seems that it is too complicated for Mattel to have the factory people Swap the shoulders before fusing the Torso pieces.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    It is just another restrictive Mattel rule seeking to apply shackles to the long-term success of MOTUC.
    And that's my main concern; I'm not trying to "call out" TG on this point. I'm trying to point out that, if this is indeed the correct application of Mattel policy, then that policy is taking resources away from development in a ridiculous and meaningless way. If every Grizzlor is made with two left hands, we'd need to sacrifice another figure simply to have him re-made the way he was originally designed to be manufactured?

Given the poor excuse for QC Mattel practices right now, this could be a major issue, especially for a small line with limited resources to begin with. Requiring a full slot to correct a simple production/assembly error is a ludicrous and ineffectual way to run a business.
    Last edited by scott metzger; November 4, 2010 at 10:04am.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Agreed. We shouldn't have to sacrifice a new figure or push the whole line back by a month just to eventually receive a corrected Roboto. A future corrected Roboto should be released on the same out-of-subscription basis as a reissue.

Originally posted by DO4M >
    It seems that it is too complicated for Mattel to have the factory people Swap the shoulders before fusing the Torso pieces.
    Maybe its a design issue cos the factory workers in China don't speak English and Roboto's shoulder pieces need to be resculpted to remove the confusing "L" and "R" symbols and replace them with the appropriate chinese language symbols.
    Last edited by Swanmarsh; November 4, 2010 at 10:16am.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Didn't someone say the right shoulder had been moulded with an "L" and vice-versa?

It is a new run for all three figures with the "The Orignal" burst.

Just like roboto was I think reissue roboto should not have that burst.

Originally posted by Reboot >
    Didn't someone say the right shoulder had been moulded with an "L" and vice-versa?
    I thought the Right shoulder had a "R" and the Left a "L" and the factory workers still got it wrong.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by brutal81 View Post
    It is a new run for all three figures with the "The Orignal" burst.

Just like roboto was I think reissue roboto should not have that burst.
    It would be more out of place without it.

Not all of the first run had "the original" on it.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    I believe you are correct, sir.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

lol if they have to retool the L and R so the factory workers don't get confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    lol if they have to retool the L and R so the factory workers don't get confused.
    I have a horrible feeling that may actually be the reason for needing a design slot. If so, the whole thing is even more ridiculous than I first thought....

Yeah, I think the shoulders need to be re-tooled for the factory workers to be able to assemble them "right". Remember, these poor chinese people speak no english and Mattel seem to have no representatives over there ever to check on quality. So a written note saying "always assemble these this way except on this figure which is the other way" is probably too much.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I have a horrible feeling that may actually be the reason for needing a design slot. If so, the whole thing is even more ridiculous than I first thought....
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Yeah, I think the shoulders need to be re-tooled for the factory workers to be able to assemble them "right". Remember, these poor chinese people speak no english and Mattel seem to have no representatives over there ever to check on quality. So a written note saying "always assemble these this way except on this figure which is the other way" is probably too much.
    That's madness...people can't follow directions????

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That's madness...people can't follow directions????
    You're asking a lot of 12-year old Chinese children, aren't you?

Can't they make a drawing that explains where each piece goes before they glue the torso?
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    You're asking a lot of 12-year old Chinese children, aren't you?
    Is saying "Today kids, we're going to work on Roboto! This time, we're going to switch the shoulders because they were labeled wrong." and constantly mentioning it and reinforcing it asking alot of 12-year old Chinese kids?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

It was apparently too much for Mattel to make sure they were lableled righ to begin with...

Cheap labor doesn't mean smart labor. You'd think they'd have comparison figures or "master" versions that they can compare to.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection