Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mechthild's re-visions of MOTU

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    I've had to dig through a pile of stuff including a lot of old sketches lately (a "minor" renovation of my bedroom going on) and I came accross that Grizzlor design sketch from 2002 that I mentioned before. I wanted to scan and post him before he got lost in a pile of old drawins again, so here he is:

I really didn't remember I gave him quite that prominent fangs...

Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    I personally ... HATE WASPS. Stupid things, floating around soda cans, ruining a day at the beach..... I HATE THEM SO MUCH ...
    Funny thing, but I actually loathe wasps too! That's not to say I don't like the way they look, I think they are sort of lethally beautiful. I think the look suits Buzz-Off, who has always been colored like a wasp in toy form. I would like to draw a worker Andreenid some day, though. I picture them fuzzy with bee-like muted colors. Warriors would either be red and black or hornetlike in color scheme if I want to save the red and black for a certain Horde fan character...

And as for the good guys looking fearsome, I totally agree. I wish MOTU had had some more inhuman good guys. I actually came up with my own heroic versions of Mer-Man and Clawful at some point (I even considered the name "Clawesome" for the latter ). I was really happy when King Grayskull's band of warriors in MYP included a Caligar and a member of Mer-Man's race.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

When Fan Characters Attack

I scanned and colored two of my sketches while listening to the latest podcast:

I already posted my original concepts for the high priest Ssyrakh from 2002 at the beginning of this thread. I was doing some sketches of Rattlor and Tung Lashor and wanted to follow them up with my own character. Here he's shown with the Staff of Serpos and the Book of Anguis, a holy book of the Children of Serpos. He's the father of Kobrakh, but has disowned his son after he left the Children of Serpos for a life of crime and ended up working for a skull-faced mammal of all things.

The other guy is the heroic Carcinian (which is what I call the crab people since I'm not aware of a more official term) I told about. Yes, this is the artist currently known as Clawesome. His color scheme is based on a fiddler crab, as is his giant claw. He's a good guy but a bit of a narcissist, always boasting, overestimating his skills and powers and never really admitting defeat (or at least he's convinced it's never his fault).

I'm still not sure how to do the hip area on the crab guys, I like the small folded crab legs, but I fear they may look too naked. Then again, 200X buzz-off didn't seem to be wearing anything below his belt either. And yeah, Clawesome needs a belt.

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now that the voting is already well underway, here's my Sibylline redesign as a Caucasian:

I expect some people would have preferred her this way, but like I said, I went with the blue skin because I wanted her to look as little like an ordinary "good girl" as possible before her defection.

What do you do when you're recovering from 4,5 hours of reconstructive facial surgery? You draw faces, of course!

Well, not really. I just realized I had all these faces littering the hard disk that I started working on in October, and if I was going to wait until I was finished with the whole set, they'd still be there next june. Maybe it's the painkillers talking but I thought it would be time to put out a batch of these.

Face 1 is someone you won't know from any previous MOTU continuity. He is an Ancient Elder, part of the race that inhabited Eternia before the Great Wars. It's their science and sorcery that nearly tore the planet and the very fabric of the multiverse apart, making Eternia what it is now, and their technology and spells that still fuel the conflict between the protectors and the destroyers of this ravaged world.

You can probably guess who face 2 belongs to. He was once an ordinary Ancient too, a sorcerer known as He-Ka'tor, but he has long since been distorted by the effects of dark magic and strange technologies, not least by the dreaded Elemental Corruptor. His fall from grace spans the period of the Great Wars and due to a desperate plan to prevent his ultimate victory he still lives today, plotting his return to Eternia. Little does he know that the Council he once opposed is long gone, and the two Power Swords are once again wielded by mortal hands.

Face 3 is one of those primitive Ilkort-creatures from the untamed wilds. They say they are related to the Ancients of old, but no-one seems to know exactly how. Well, no-one not well versed in the history of the Great Wars at least, and there aren't many such people left after the Time of Strife. Some also claim they have a relation to the Caligar, but it's best not to mention such speculations when there are scaly ears listening.

Face 4, covered up in picture a and revealed in b, well, he needs no introduction. Behind his scarf he may look like a child, but he is fully grown. It's simply that his race remains child-like in appearance throughout adulthood. It's nothing short of a miracle how they survive in the magical maelstrom that is the dimension of Infinita. They say that every living creature there has its origins elsewhere, for the arcane chaos is too violent for new life to be born there.

Face 5 belongs to a being from a race most have forgotten ever existed, the Teratans. At the end of the Second Great War, when the Black Laboratory and the great underground forges were destroyed, they fled to the cavernous underground labyrinths of Subternia. In time they found a home in an isolated valley deep within the Mystic Mountains, keeping to themselves and refining their skills of magical smithcraft. It's said that only one of this race has ever survived crossing the mountains that hide them, after he was exiled for taking part in a conspiracy to assassinate their king.

Wonderful stuff as usual!

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    your stuff is sooo sweet!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Manbearpig!
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

I especially like how Orko was re-imagined here - actually gives him a lot of character.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Thanks to all of you.

I really appreciate getting feedback, whether it be words of approval or just telling me that I fail at drawing wrists or my redesigns are just way too extreme, or something. Even just to know you're still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechthild View Post
    Even just to know you're still there.
    Of course we're still here - we're waiting for more of your re-designs!

And no, I do not think they are too extreme. The 80s designs are very simplistic - these days it is good to see more individuality among the characters, as well as looking at depictions which approach the characters as if they are real.

I also like the young-Hordak look. The faces you draw are very expressive.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Of course we're still here - we're waiting for more of your re-designs!
    On a purely intellectual level I should realize this well enough. I myself am completely horrible at writing comments to other artists because I worry if they'll be insulted if I criticize them, but I don't feel honest if all I do is praise the strengths if I see weaknesses too. Then I feel I'm doing them injustice, if to let them know I like their work I just write something simple like "cool" or "love it", even though I know of my own reactions that even a one word reply is much preferrable to not saying anything at all.

Being an emotionally driven creature is such a drag sometimes.

I guess the thing I long for is threads where you can really talk openly about the art and ideas, rather than just posting stuff and hoping for some reactions. I used to have that once with a small online group of paleoartists, but I wonder if that could work with fan art?

I also like the young-Hordak look.
    Actually that's just ordinary Hordak, sans the cowl/hood/whatchacallit. His design will need some more tweaking (this was really the first time I had drawn Hordak in many many years). When young, He-Ka'tor would have looked more like a young version of the Elder, only I envision him with red instead of black hair for some reason. Actually, he wouldn't be that different from this guy I sketched recently:

This would be He-Me'ros, the first person in my MOTUverse (Metternia?) to have wielded the Power Sword, and the original wearer of the corodite vest. Here he is, ready for the decisive battle of the First Great War. Because he comes from the golden age of technology and magic before the Great Wars, I wanted to depict him as part contemporary, part futuristic-looking rather than a classic fantasy character. He is supposed to be wearing the basic protective undersuit of a Council Enforcer, as well as their standard gloves and boots & crotch plate. The energy shield is something we haven't seen He-Man use in any continuity, though I expect the Sorceress might have one stored somewhere in the vaults of Grayskull.

(I have this still largely undeveloped idea of how He-Me'ros is actually the reason why Faker ended up with blue skin and orange hair. It was all due to a spell that should have worked in theory, but Skeletor didn't have all the relevant facts.)

Here for comparison is my updated Enforcer armor concept, here worn as the combination you'd see on Zodak:

I'm still having trouble getting the undersuit to look like it's made of a dark metallic material. I couldn't find a good reference.

I myself am completely horrible at writing comments to other artists .... even though I know of my own reactions that even a one word reply is much preferrable to not saying anything at all.
    I don't draw much, but I feel the same about writing. Creative types need an audience for feedback as much as they need solitude to do the work.

Being an emotionally driven creature is such a drag sometimes.
    It is a constant challenge to managed thwarted ambitions & disappointing expectations, to deal with those dark oppressive feelings over long stretches of time without denial, escape, disintegration. I don't always manage it, but I agree with Albert Camus philosophy of defiance - defiance against the bad, the wounding, the destructing aspects of life. What else to do but keep going & trying to make the best of experience?

I guess the thing I long for is threads where you can really talk openly about the art and ideas, rather than just posting stuff and hoping for some reactions. I used to have that once with a small online group of paleoartists, but I wonder if that could work with fan art?
    You've not much to lose here in trying...Along with my loved ones, art & ideas are my life!

Actually that's just ordinary Hordak, sans the cowl/hood/whatchacallit.
    I'd always assumed Hordak's face was skeletal - like Skeletor - but of his bat-like race, rather than human.

[QUOTE=Mechthild;2604760]Because he comes from the golden age of technology and magic before the Great Wars, I wanted to depict him as part contemporary, part futuristic-looking rather than a classic fantasy character.

Yes - I've always been draw to future-primitive/post-apocolyptic scenarios & the design fits well that idea in MOTU.

He is supposed to be wearing the basic protective undersuit of a Council Enforcer, as well as their standard gloves and boots & crotch plate. The energy shield is something we haven't seen He-Man use in any continuity, though I expect the Sorceress might have one stored somewhere in the vaults of Grayskull.
    Energy came from HMs shield in one of the 200x episodes (with the dragon). And yes, the Sorceress is going to have some wicked stuff hoarded in Greyskull - I'm sure she's got bombs capable of burning entire galaxies...

(I have this still largely undeveloped idea of how He-Me'ros is actually the reason why Faker ended up with blue skin and orange hair. It was all due to a spell that should have worked in theory, but Skeletor didn't have all the relevant facts.)
    Ha! Good idea.

Here for comparison is my updated Enforcer armor concept,
    The uniformity is good & marks them each as Elders. Do they all have flying chairs (or other furniture? )

that Grizzlor design sketch from 2002
    I'd like to see him or Beat-Man bristling, hair on end...

THose are really nice keep,em coming!!!

I don't draw much, but I feel the same about writing. Creative types need an audience for feedback as much as they need solitude to do the work.
    Like I once said to my therapist: if I didn't care about what others felt about my art, why would I even bother sharing it with them? While there's still that childlike fun to be had with simply seeing your ideas take form on paper or the monitor, it's not nearly as rewarding as finding out that others enjoy them as well.

It's of course the same with the written word as well. I've got quite a bit of MOTU fan fiction that I'm just dying to show someone. I've not been able to share it yet because English is not my native language and no amount of spellchecking will get rid of misinterpreted idioms or other nuances I might have gotten wrong. I'd still love to share them on the fan fiction forums some day.

I'd always assumed Hordak's face was skeletal - like Skeletor - but of his bat-like race, rather than human.
    Ah, I see. I never really thought of it like that, because he seems to have so much soft tissues on his head. I suppose he could have ears with a bony internal structure rather than cartilage, but I'm not sure how flexible lips made out of bone could work. I'm basing this on the toys and minicomics of course. It might work with Filmation Hordak.

the Sorceress is going to have some wicked stuff hoarded in Greyskull - I'm sure she's got bombs capable of burning entire galaxies...
    I don't quite see her as caching crude weapons of mass destruction, as I envision her more as a protector of Eternia. Then again, in my ideas the Power of Grayskull is great enough that in the wrong hands it could be used to destroy the entire universe.

The uniformity is good & marks them each as Elders. Do they all have flying chairs (or other furniture? )
    I envision only Zodac as having the chair. The advanced Enforcer harness Zodak wears can work a bit like a flight pack though.

I'd like to see him or Beat-Man bristling, hair on end...
    Maybe I'll do one later, but I'd really prefer to use the updated designs. Unless of course I can think of a way to recycle the old Grizzlor redesign as a new character/monster. With an added horn it might work as a shadow beast...

Like I once said to my therapist: if I didn't care about what others felt about my art, why would I even bother sharing it with them? While there's still that childlike fun to be had with simply seeing your ideas take form on paper or the monitor, it's not nearly as rewarding as finding out that others enjoy them as well.
    Totally. Ultimately, life is meaningless without some valuable human relationships. I've tried to artistically measure myself without public appraisal, but I just end up with uncertainty. I often hold back because I resent the need for this!

It's of course the same with the written word as well. I've got quite a bit of MOTU fan fiction that I'm just dying to show someone. I've not been able to share it yet because English is not my native language and no amount of spellchecking will get rid of misinterpreted idioms or other nuances I might have gotten wrong. I'd still love to share them on the fan fiction forums some day.
    I'm well educated in English (my only language) & I can assure you that you write it better than many native speakers. I think I'd enjoy reading what you have - so far the ideas you've expressed have parallels with my own, though they also go off in unique & interesting directions.

So, yeah, I encourage you to post!

Ah, I see. I never really thought of it like that, because he seems to have so much soft tissues on his head. I suppose he could have ears with a bony internal structure rather than cartilage, but I'm not sure how flexible lips made out of bone could work. I'm basing this on the toys and minicomics of course. It might work with Filmation Hordak.
    True enough. I have envisioned him as partly a thing of biology, held together with complex technologies of metals, plastics, & highly specialised bio-engineered organs. This gives him the ability to transform parts of his hands/arms into weapons & tools. But I also see it as giving him lots of problems which he is always having to patch-up - a sort of piecemeal golem of alien science & arcane sorcery.

I don't quite see her as caching crude weapons of mass destruction, as I envision her more as a protector of Eternia. Then again, in my ideas the Power of Grayskull is great enough that in the wrong hands it could be used to destroy the entire universe.
    I see Castle Greyskull as holding vast libraries of knowledge, laboratories & hi-tech work-shops. None of it is attended, but Greyskull's armory would be formidable.

The Sorceress protects the Secrets of the Castle - first & foremost. Anything she does is justifiable in these terms. Filmation values, people's lives, the planet itself - entire galactic clusters - all can be sacrificed to safeguard this ultimate power. Failure would lead to a worse outcome. So she is somewhat inhuman & calculating. Castle Greyskull is not a Hang-Out of Sweetness & Light after all!

I envision only Zodac as having the chair. The advanced Enforcer harness Zodak wears can work a bit like a flight pack though.
    Well, I hope the chair is comfy & has somewhere to sit his drinks.

I'm back

It's been a while, hasn't it? I had to take a sick leave from the forums due to a nasty infection and even nastier antibiotics, which basically took away my ability to write or draw anything (really bad brain fog). I'm trying to get back to normal now, and I'll start with something I teased you with late last year. It's...

Grizzlor

When Ho-Ra'dak began his quest to create a perfect army, he had his men seek out and capture the most fearsome and notorious beasts on Eternia for study. Among them was a male ursar, a now extinct predatory creature related to the Feran beast men. Ho-Ra'dak was impressed with the fearsome strength and animal cunning of the ursar even though the mature individual was of no use to him, and had a newborn cub brought to him. The Warlock hand-reared the creature while controlling its growth and development through chemical and genetic treatments and implants. The end result was the monster known as Grizzlor, a beast endlessly loyal to his master but without restraint or mercy to his enemies. While Ho-Ra'dak gave up his plan to use ursars as the template for his super-soldiers, he kept Grizzlor around as a combination of a hunting dog and a bodyguard, that would only leave the warlock's side when commanded to capture more victims for experimentation or spread terror among his enemies.

(There's more to Grizzlor's story, but it's all tied to what happened to his master during and after the Second Great War. I hope to post more about that on the fan fiction forum at some later date.)

I'm hoping to post some more faces soon, at least Webstor and Mer-Man. Stay tuned.

I'm well educated in English (my only language) & I can assure you that you write it better than many native speakers. I think I'd enjoy reading what you have - so far the ideas you've expressed have parallels with my own, though they also go off in unique & interesting directions.
    I promise you, I'm working on getting something together so that I can start a thread on the Fan Fiction forum. It's just hard to decide where to start when there are so much to choose from, and so much of it is still in some ways unfinished or at least unpolished. I've got character bios of different lengths and levels of detail, shorter and longer articles about the history of my version of MOTU (I'm tempted to name it Metternia for short) even some unfinished bits and pieces of full stories with dialogue. And on top of it, I have to wrestle with my perfectionist nature that is never satisfied with anything!

I have envisioned him as partly a thing of biology, held together with complex technologies of metals, plastics, & highly specialised bio-engineered organs. This gives him the ability to transform parts of his hands/arms into weapons & tools.
    I may have already mentioned that I never saw POP when I was a child and only really became aware of the series after the 2002 reboot, so my idea of who and what Hordak was wasn't influenced by the Filmation version. Consequently I struggle with combining all that with my older ideas. And while I try to work in pre-existing ideas if at all possible, I don't want to become imprisoned by toy logic when there isn't even any hope of toys.

I see Castle Greyskull as holding vast libraries of knowledge, laboratories & hi-tech work-shops. None of it is attended, but Greyskull's armory would be formidable.
    A repository of ancient knowledge and technology, certainly. But how I envision it, that's not what it originally was. To me what you describe sounds more like how I imagine the Central Tower.

The Sorceress protects the Secrets of the Castle - first & foremost. Anything she does is justifiable in these terms. Filmation values, people's lives, the planet itself - entire galactic clusters - all can be sacrificed to safeguard this ultimate power. Failure would lead to a worse outcome. So she is somewhat inhuman & calculating.
    I've always imagined the Sorceress as somewhat more human and compassionate, but your description fits my idea of Zodak pretty much to a T. Of course both understand that the stakes are higher than anyone else could even imagine. I wish I could just spell out what I'm thinking of, but I still struggle with the decision of whether or not to reveal the source of the power of Grayskull and its immense significance, or leave it vague. I know there are people who would love to know everything, and people who would hate removing the mystery, and I know in the end I can only hope to please one or the other - at best!

I really like the facial study of Grizzlor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I really like the facial study of Grizzlor.
    Yep, he looks frightening. Love the orange, glaring eyes & his leathery skin, heavily lined with ferocity.

And the bio is way more interesting than the nonsensical crud Mattel paid for.

I promise you, I'm working on getting something together so that I can start a thread on the Fan Fiction forum. It's just hard to decide where to start ... And on top of it, I have to wrestle with my perfectionist nature that is never satisfied with anything!
    Yeah, I know that feeling. Took a year writing a short novel-length story that I posted, but upon re-reading it, there was so much I didn't like, I took it off-line. Had a change of heart some time later, but only posted part of the first chapter. Though I'd like my story out there, I now don't have time to really finalise that work. Besides, it is so far off the current "cannon" it is not likely to be much read anyway.

I may have already mentioned that I never saw POP when I was a child and only really became aware of the series after the 2002 reboot, so my idea of who and what Hordak was wasn't influenced by the Filmation version. Consequently I struggle with combining all that with my older ideas. And while I try to work in pre-existing ideas if at all possible, I don't want to become imprisoned by toy logic when there isn't even any hope of toys.
    Oh yeah, don't let anything restrict your interpretation. But I like Hordak as a cyborg, a "technomancer" whose magic is tied to ghoulish technology & his vampiric nature.

A repository of ancient knowledge and technology, certainly. But how I envision it, that's not what it originally was. To me what you describe sounds more like how I imagine the Central Tower.
    The Towers never feature in my imagination. My MOTU toys were put away before I got to care about that plot. To me, they still seem redundant. My Greyskull playset included weapons rack, traps, a seat of power, hi-tech equipment, a dungeon full of monsters & Point Dread. This about sums up what to expect from going into Castle Greyskull for me...

I've always imagined the Sorceress as somewhat more human and compassionate, but your description fits my idea of Zodak pretty much to a T. Of course both understand that the stakes are higher than anyone else could even imagine. I wish I could just spell out what I'm thinking of, but I still struggle with the decision of whether or not to reveal the source of the power of Grayskull and its immense significance, or leave it vague. I know there are people who would love to know everything, and people who would hate removing the mystery, and I know in the end I can only hope to please one or the other - at best!
    Yes, the only reason I'd modify my interpretation of the Sorceress as a compassionate person is because she'd need some sort of humanity to engage with & motivate the humans she interacts with. However, I just don't think that is necessary. If she ends up too motherly, she just becomes that character who deals out the missions & occasional good advice. This is boring to me

The Sorceress must defend Greyskull at all costs, whereas Zodac is much more conservative - his tactic is to keep the status-quo - a balance. If nothing truly changes in the balance of power, Greyskull stands. But the Sorceress knows that even the balance is something to give up, if it will keep the Secrets safeguarded. This is the difference between them, for me, & it also means that they could come into conflict...

I just found something in my finished picture folder I had forgotten to post! Here's Keldor's armor I finished nearly two months ago:

This is something Keldor would have worn after he became under the influence of the Sword of Destruction and began his rebellion against the Eternian Ruling Council. The belt buckle also hints that he is already in possession of a certain Zalesian object of great power (no, not the Ram Stone!).

More pics and replies later when I have more time.

Besides, it is so far off the current "cannon" it is not likely to be much read anyway.
    So there is not a lot of interest in fan fiction that falls outside of the canon of the currently "hot" version of MOTU? I guess it's best to prepare for that in advance.

But I like Hordak as a cyborg, a "technomancer" whose magic is tied to ghoulish technology & his vampiric nature.
    Oh, Hordak has definitely always been a cyborg, it's just all that changing into a rocket stuff I have trouble with.

The Towers never feature in my imagination. My MOTU toys were put away before I got to care about that plot.
    I never even saw the Eternia playset in person, but there's something about the Central Tower that's always resonated with me. And of course the towers bridge together the pre-Great Wars age and the current Eternia. There's so very little canonical information about that period that it's good to have something to anchor your own ideas to, even if I've taken huge liberties with them.

If she ends up too motherly, she just becomes that character who deals out the missions & occasional good advice.
    I don't think she needs to be motherly to be human. Of course if you don't want the Sorceress to be human, that's a different matter, but I prefer to think the current Sorceress is more empathetic and connected with the "little people" than Zodak, not to mention Zodac who is even more extreme. (I'm hoping to post Zodak's bio among the first of my texts to the fan fiction forum.)

And a little teaser image in the end. Two swords that when put together make one...

Very cool Artworks! Your Grizzlor re-vision reminds me of Gygor.

Evil Ocean Warlord!

It feels like I've been teasing you with promises of Mer-Man pics forever, and now it's finally time to make good on all that.

A few words about Mer-Man's armor: I wanted it to look like it's put together from different sea creature shells and bones, but it's actually golden ceremonial armor made to look like what the Foemor warriors and kings of old might have worn. The face in this pic isn't that good, but I couldn't just leave that part completely blank. A proper facial study is below. I had to look at a whole bunch of deep-sea fish until I found what I felt was the perfect Mer-Man look. I hate it when he is sometimes made to look like confused duck. He's a fish-man thing that would fit right in in a Lovecraft novel. He should be frightening, not silly!

Mer-Man

Throughout his early years the Foemor prince Atergos took for granted he was destined to rule the Empire of Rakash after his father Ketos. However the ill-conceived alliance Ketos forged with Count Vesus Marzo served as the final straw for forces seeking to overthrow the emperor, and the subsequent defeat of Count Marzo by the hand of Captain Keldor sparked a full-fledged revolt. Prince Atergos managed to escape with the help of the magical Pearl of Dominance, together with a small band of loyal Foemor servants and his personal Carcinian guard.

Forced to shamefully hide in the fresh waters of the Sea of Mutaris, Atergos eventually found himself abandoned even by his little court in exile, except for the Cancrians that had no choice in the matter. Despite his dislike for the surface-dwellers, Atergos would eventually find himself allied with the very man who indirectly caused the downfall of his family...

That's it for Mer-Man for a while. I've got Webstor's face in the works, I just sketched some Ancient faces including a certain re-interpreted Filmation character while listening to the RGD, and I'm still trying to find the right way to do Castle Grayskull justice, so there's always more to come. (Just not very soon, I seem to have got sinusitis again! )