Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Con Exclusive 2-Pack suggestion

Elder Councilman

Con Exclusive 2-Pack suggestion

I was thinking about this while driving to work:

how about Snake Armor He-Man Vs MO2K King Hsss with a new snake body?

I could see it being done with minimal tooling, and would definitely help complete fan-demanded slots without even a sub, since I doubt either would make it to next year's.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

I love this idea!!!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Yeah I think main character variants are a great way to go for show exclusives because I feel like the casual fan is more likely to pick one of those up (and then possibly get into the line as a whole), and it doesn't take away a main-line slot from an obscure character that us hard-core folks want.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

2-packs have been one of my favorite parts of the line! My suggestions:

* He-Man/BattleCat Toys-R-Us exclusive 2-pack for Christmas.
    * Skeletor/Flocked Panthor Toys-R-Us exclusive 2-pack for Christmas.
    * She-Ra/Spirit Toys-R-Us exclusive 2-pack for Christmas.
    * Fisto/Stridor exclusive 2-pack for Christmas.
    * Jitsu/NightStalker Toys-R-Us exclusive 2-pack for Christmas.
    * Golems 2-pack (one Sand Demon and one stone golem)
    * Tuvar & Badra 2-pack
    * 200x Skeleton 2-pack (one regular skeleton, one slime pit skeleton)
    * Skeletor movie trooper 2-pack with hover disc.

Great idea, but Scott's already mentioned that they are maximizing every slot to get us original iterations of vintage figures across the various factions. So the chances of getting repaints (all of which still take up a slot, with each of those slots being held in very precious regard for the next two years) is very slim. Nothing is impossible of course, but I don't see repaint slots happening until 2016 at the earliest. And frankly... I'm cool with that.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

sure, why not? Though I am not particularly fond of 200x He-Man it's the only He-Man variant in 200x worth while. Dont particularly need a second King Hiss however, especially with the 200x look, but I do want to display King Hiss's snake form as well.

Since I do not feel this is likely I am all for it. If I thought It would have a chance, maybe I wouldnt.

Heroic Warrior
    To me the most logical con 2pack would be those energy zoids.a good way to help get the vintage line wrapped up.and I never even knew they existed before the Internet so I would like these guys especially if they came with robotic legs to wear when they aren't in use

Snake Armor He-Man is my most wanted variant and 200X King Hsss is up there too. I am down.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Wouldn't be my first choice of a variant 2-pack (not really that into 200x), but I'd take them.

However, I'd rather have the Laser Light or Flying Fist/Terror Claws variants of He-Man & Skeletor as an exclusive, though I doubt they'd go that route, since there already is a Skeletor variant (New Adventures) coming this year.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by thebortster View Post
    Wouldn't be my first choice of a variant 2-pack (not really that into 200x), but I'd take them.

However, I'd rather have the Laser Light or Flying Fist/Terror Claws variants of He-Man & Skeletor as an exclusive, though I doubt they'd go that route, since there already is a Skeletor variant (New Adventures) coming this year.
    I think that's precisely the route they will take. It's the only way they'll be able to get the vintage variants done by end of 2015.

Pretty much zero interest in both.

I would much rather they use the higher tooling budget they get allocated and make something that we would not normally see. Something with more tooling or paint apps than would be possible in the normal sub. Crita, Hunga, Granita, Lizard Man etc.

I agree that Mattel should create a 2-pack slot every year for SDCC or some sort of exclusive that's not part of the sub to get out some more of the vintage variants. I would like to see it play out like this:

2014-Flying Fists He-Man vs Terror Claws Skeletor (maybe even include Buzz-saw Hordak!)
    2015-Laser Power He-Man vs Laser Light Skeletor
    2016-Battle Punch He-Man vs Disks of Doom Skeletor
    2017-Thunder Punch He-Man vs Battle Blade Skeletor
    2018-Snake Armor He-Man vs 200X King Hiss
    2019-Toy version She-Ra vs toy version Catra (with swappable parts to make Starburst She-Ra and Scratchin Sound & Shower Power Catra)
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I agree. I've always thought hero vs villain 2 packs is how the variants should be made, like DrPAYNE's list. I'm not sure about the years, but the list I agree on. Hell, that could be a mini-sub right there. Six 2 packs!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

The only issue is - the cons that Mattel doesn't attend personally, the only way for folks to get the product to sell is to pay for them ahead of time ordering them from Matty. A 2-pack is going to be significantly more expense up front for them.

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    Blackstar vs Overlord would be nice.
    Satma needs to happen. I will mow your lawn for life, Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodak's new shoes View Post
    Now that would be the best 2-pack ever.

Elder Councilman
    Actually I was thinking this two pack would work best after 2015.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

YES

At least, Blackstar and Overlord could be a limited fan made Power-Con exclusive, along with Bravestarr and Tex Rex...

Rotar and Twistoid
    Despara and NA She-Ra
    good guy Prince Keldor and Prince Randor (or with King Miro)
    Skeleton Warrior army builder (would be in love with those Standor repaint movie stormtroopers too)
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Right now I am expecting Laser Light Skeletor and Laser Power He-Man as this years SDCC Exclusive based on the episode of Toy Hunter a few weeks ago with pack ins to make Flying Fist He-Man and Terror Claws Skeletor. The reverse of the SDCC packaging to be the Matty Collector purchace a month later.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Rotar & Twistoid
    Masks of Power Demons
    Skeleton Warriors
    Horde Wraiths
    Lodars Kobolds
    Snake Armor He-Man & 200x King Hisss
    Flying Fists He-Man & Terror Claws Skeletor
    Snake Warriors second pack
    Generic Galactic Protectors & Generic Space Mutants
    Movie Skeletor Warriors ( with different title)
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

2-packs
    Flying Fist He-Man/Terror Claws Skeletor
    Starburst She-Ra/Scratchin Sound Catra
    Filmation Count Marzo/Chimera
    Masks of Power Demons
    Lodar/Garn
    Twistoid/Rotar
    Snake Armor He-Man/MYP King Hiss
    Buzzsaw Hordak/Dragstor
    Ice Armor He-Man/Fire Armor Skeletor
    Laser Power He-Man/Laser Light Skeletor
    Crita/Mara

Regular figure w/ smaller figure
    Blackbeard w/ Monteeg
    Dragoon w/ Uncle Montork and Dree-Elle
    Boweena w/ Starchild
    Granita w/ Facet

Army Builders
    Avion Rocketeers
    Skelcons
    Brightmoon Guards
    Lodar's Kobalds
    Geldor's Knolls

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebortster View Post
    Now that would be the best 2-pack ever.
    No. Not EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    YES

At least, Blackstar and Overlord could be a limited fan made Power-Con exclusive, along with Bravestarr and Tex Rex...
    Close. The Marshall and Thirty-Thirty!

Heroic Warrior
    At this point, the two pack that makes the most sense to me is Rotar and Twistoid. If they did it for Rokkon and Stonedar, then this seems like a reasonable way to put these guys out.

The He-Man/Skeletor variant pack also makes sense to me, especially if they include pieces to make the final variants. Plus, Laser Light Skeletor is already basically just a repaint of NA Skelly with a different head and red Havok Staff.

Something like a Hover Bot army builder pack for Skeletor would also make sense, but the Hover Bots are on the small side and would probably work better as a 3 pack, unless Mattel keeps the price way down.

I would love a badass Snake Form for King Hiss more than just about anything at this point, but I really think a Hiss variant should be his own release. I think many people would be willing to pay full price for another Hiss figure just to get a better snake form (and no reversed shoulders), but I could also see a lot of people getting pretty miffed or put-off if the only way to get him was to also pay for yet another He-Man variant that he was bundled with.

Quote Originally Posted by aey103 View Post
    Right now I am expecting Laser Light Skeletor and Laser Power He-Man as this years SDCC Exclusive based on the episode of Toy Hunter a few weeks ago with pack ins to make Flying Fist He-Man and Terror Claws Skeletor. The reverse of the SDCC packaging to be the Matty Collector purchace a month later.
    I agree.

Laser Light Skeletor would be very easy to produced since he is almost the same as NA Skeletor but with a new head and cape, staff made in transparent red, and new hands. The paint scheme would be different in places, but that's it.

It makes too much sense to pack him with Laser Power He-Man. Not different enough to sell on his own but cool enough for a two pack.

naskel1.JPG
    Vs.
    SkeletorLaserLight11.jpg