Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Spy Monkey Creations - Official Discussion/Photos Thread

Spy Monkey's Wun-Dar Shield

That's actually pretty awesome.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Lame,

as a joke okay.

I guess I was really expecting someting cool when I read the threadtitle and opened the link.

Edit: for those to lazy to click or on a mobile:
    Last edited by Eterniandreams; August 6, 2010 at 09:30am.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Okay, I HAVE to order one of those!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I'm conflicted. On the one hand, I've never ordered any of the Spy Monkey stuff because, to me, it has a generic feel, while this is at least something original.

On the other hand...it's a bit ridiculous.

But on the...other...hand?....So is Mo-Larr, and I got him.

Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    I'm conflicted. On the one hand, I've never ordered any of the Spy Monkey stuff because, to me, it has a generic feel, while this is at least something original.

Hmm.

I like the shield, but I don't really buy parody things especially since I have now integrated Wundar into my regular display as a canonical character, but I can tell you firsthand that Spy's stuff is anything but generic. His weapons and accessories are well crafted and have some heft to them. They can be pricey in the context of an accessory, but they are worth it.

Heroic Warrior
    First time I actually dislike something that Spymonkey created !

I guess I don't like my action figures being treated as a joke, except if they're from a comedy cartoon (Rugrats, the Simpsons...).

We're still waiting for a valid Tytus weapon. I thought Spymonkey was actually working on something for Tytus... I guess the toast-shield for Wun-Dar was SO much more important...

Quote Originally Posted by Frogster View Post
    I like the shield, but I don't really buy parody things especially since I have now integrated Wundar into my regular display as a canonical character, but I can tell you firsthand that Spy's stuff is anything but generic. His weapons and accessories are well crafted and have some heft to them. They can be pricey in the context of an accessory, but they are worth it.
    Oh, i think generic was the wrong word to use.

I'm not saying it looks bad, or even cheap. I'm saying that It just doesn't have that MOTU feel (for me). But I'm kinda weird. I've never been able to customize anything, simply because if it's not official product, it just doesn't jive with me. I don't know why. My tune will likely change if this line makes it all the way to 2016 or 2017 and I STILL don't have a Shadow Weaver. We'll see.

I guess I have a fear of buying something custom, and then an official version being released. The orange and purple axes are perfect examples. Even if the Matty versions are straight repaints of the gray one, it's what I prefer.

But anyway, I like what Spy Monkey does, it just doesn't (Currently) have a place in my MOTU world.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar

that's brilliant! love the irony involved.

ehhh. not digging it. i just give him the tru sheild.
    HELP Daniel (masque) Benedict with his He-Man Fan Film "Fall of Grayskull" Kickstarter campaign!
    WATCH the youtube video.
    DONATE to his Kickstarter project!!
    VISIT He-ManFilm.com to find out more.

Part Needs
    : MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

bread shield so funny and clever. he did a great job making it look like a piece of toast. i've ordered all of his accessories for classics figures and i'll be picking this up as well.
    great detail and fun, very well done Spymonkey. fo real dough.

Last edited by MANGLORD; August 7, 2010 at 02:55am.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

Honestly think its great, i want one
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I think it's hilarious to see here, but I don't feel like I need to buy one of my own.

OMG, I need that!! That's hilarious! I already had many posts back before he came out about Wun-Dar needing more bread related things. Now all he needs is the Baguette Blade and the Rye Armor and i'll be set!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post

I guess I don't like my action figures being treated as a joke, except if they're from a comedy cartoon (Rugrats, the Simpsons...).

We're still waiting for a valid Tytus weapon. I thought Spymonkey was actually working on something for Tytus... I guess the toast-shield for Wun-Dar was SO much more important...
    Because he owes people some kind of timeline or anything at all? Tytus is an oversized character with an oversized weapon, its much harder and more expensive to cast

This is a great accessory for those who think Wun-Dar is stupid as a character, and much better then the loaf of bread Mattel paid money to tool
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I might have to pick up a He-Man/Superman 2-pack and repaint it so I can justify getting one of those. Hilarious!
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    This is a great accessory for those who think Wun-Dar is stupid as a character, and much better then the loaf of bread Mattel paid money to tool
    Or for people who think Wun-Dar is awesome as a character, but still totally needs more bread related accessories!
    Last edited by Alexx; August 6, 2010 at 10:36am.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Or for people who thing Wun-Dar is awesome as a character, but still totally needs more bread related accessories!
    Agreed! He needs more than an Eternian baked good. Now if only Spymonkey does a tooth shield for Mo-Larr!!!
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    The toast shield is pretty cool parody wise, but not for me.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post

Hmm.
    My quandry exactly. I know it doesn't fit with the rest of the more serious weapons, but the silliness of it has its own charm. And, after all, the figure himself came with a loaf of bread, so this is the next logical step...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post

Eh, not everyone likes toast. I myself prefer biscuits

This was just a 'fun' item for us. We made it to be an AFI Exclusive.
    This is a parody piece. Not everyone is gonna dig it. I love it but I'm biased. I love all of our stuff.
    I was at a motorcycle show the day Spy and the guys came back from the Anaheim con and told me about it. I thought it was a hilarious idea. The next day Spy sent me the first test shot. We decided to do it with AFI and wanted to have it ready by SDCC so we could present TG and The 4H with our bread homage to their bread homage. They all thought it was great fun.

It doesn't take the place of anything else and doesn't mean we don't have other things in the works. (ulp, I sound like Matty now)
    We are currently working on a weapons set with some cool pieces involved. Some bugs needed to be worked out before it went public, we're close. We don't want to release anything before its quality suits our expectations. As collectors first, toymakers second.

As far as a 'Tytus' weapon goes, we won't ever make a 'Tytus' weapon. Mattel did that when they made their figure.
    Our regular release items are meant for use with any action figure line. Many pieces are inspired by MOTUC, but are not created for or as MOTUC items specifically. Now if you choose to play with or display them with your MOTUC figures, that's entirely up to you.
    Having said all that, yes we are working on an item/weapon for larger 1:6 scale figures. I can tell you we're trying to make it a cross scale item. We're working out an interchangeable handle so that the weapon will work with 12"figures as well as 6"-7" figures.

We're also working on a few other 'fun' pieces. They may not be for everyone but a lot of you will like 'em. That's the cool thing about our endeavor. We get to make the things we want and share them with the collecting community. We're having a blast doing it.
    Up, Up, & Away!
    The Amazing Brian-Man of SpyMonkey Creations Inc.
    President & Founder of the Plundor Appreciation League

Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    Agreed! He needs more than an Eternian baked good. Now if only Spymonkey does a tooth shield for Mo-Larr!!!
    How about a Hammer or Mace with a big tooth for the head?
    Thoughts? Who'd buy something like that? Cuz I'm thinking of making one for myself and the other SpyMonkey guys.
    Up, Up, & Away!
    The Amazing Brian-Man of SpyMonkey Creations Inc.
    President & Founder of the Plundor Appreciation League

Geez, some people here take everything so seriously. No sense of humor. What's with the sense of entitlement some people have? Having a hissy because Spy didn't make a Tytus weapon before this shield is a bit crazy.

Anyway, I think the shield is hilarious. It looks great, too. I love the burned on cosmic enforcer symbol.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

My exact reaction was...

"HA HA!!! That's ******* AWESOME!"

Even though I don't have Wun-Dar....YET....I will HAVE to get one of these shields.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...