Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Spy Monkey Creations - Official Discussion/Photos Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    I guess I don't like my action figures being treated as a joke, except if they're from a comedy cartoon (Rugrats, the Simpsons...).
    You realize MOTU is just about the campiest cartoon ever made, right?

[Having said all that, yes we are working on an item/weapon for larger 1:6 scale figures. I can tell you we're trying to make it a cross scale item. We're working out an interchangeable handle so that the weapon will work with 12"figures as well as 6"-7" figures.

I can't wait to see this. This is especially intriguing since the weapon itself would presumably need to be in scale with both 7 in figures and 12 inch figures. You guys do great work. Keep it up and thanks!

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    You realize MOTU is just about the campiest cartoon ever made, right?
    Definitely top two. I was going to agree with you 100% and ask if Duke had every dressed up as Santa Claus and if Cobra Commander had ever had a robo-dog lick his faceplate, but then I remembered Snake-Eyes dressed as Boy George and rendered my own agreement moot.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I can't agree more, I think that the shield is awesome. It's a moment of win.

when I read the caption, I was thinking that it was gonna be a Black & Silver version of He-Man's shield.
    Last edited by Lewd_Squirrel; August 6, 2010 at 11:14am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Does Galactus fart?

That's hysterical! Love it!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Super COOl, I like it.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Or for people who think Wun-Dar is awesome as a character, but still totally needs more bread related accessories!

you're right!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

when the going gets tough, the tough get... baking!

Haha, coolest accessory ever. I shall order one when it becomes available.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajac71
    'Picture it, Eternia.......'

This is a fun little item; I'm absolutely ordering one. SMC is a fantastic company run by great people. The products are absolutely stellar and fit in with MOTUC perfectly. Heck, they're better quality than some of the Mattel stuff in my opinion. I'm very excited to see the weapons set, the larger-scale item and anything else produced. Thanks for the info Brian-Man!! Keep us posted!
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

Ridiculously funny...

This is the funniest/best accessory ever! I'll be buying one.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    It's pretty funny. I enjoyed it for sure. It's like Mo-Larr though, it's interesting and cute, but not enough for me to buy it.

im all over this!
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

i LOVE the toast shield.....just awesome and full of win.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

This is too much awesome

Taking away all of the "Fun" from this item and just looking at it from a design perspective you have to admit it is designed pretty well. Who would have ever thought a toast accessory would be so well detailed?

And the great customisers out there can finally make a MOTUC Powdered Toast Man
    Last edited by TheFallen; August 6, 2010 at 08:54pm.

Sense of entitlement. That is what the name of the problem around here is. Exemplifies exactally the kind and/or type of whinging I hear.

When opinions become entitlement then I have a problem.

Great idea, Freaking FANTASTIC exicution. That realistic toasted bread (Witht he jesus-in-bread appearing symbol? Brilliant!) must have been a hard design but evidentally they did it pretty quickly.

I dont think I'll get one (at least until I finally break down and get the non-red empyrean blade which I'm waiting on I dont know why) but I'm just pleased as punch it exists.

Of course everything they do is outta love, and they are wonderful to even consider sharing it, not to speak of actually doing so.

But if you hate it, cool. Admittedly I dont know if I bought it I would display it. But I'd love being able to show it to people.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Sense of entitlement. That is what the name of the problem around here is. Exemplifies exactally the kind and/or type of whinging I hear.

When opinions become entitlement then I have a problem.

Great idea, Freaking FANTASTIC exicution. That realistic toasted bread (Witht he jesus-in-bread appearing symbol? Brilliant!) must have been a hard design but evidentally they did it pretty quickly.

I dont think I'll get one (at least until I finally break down and get the non-red empyrean blade which I'm waiting on I dont know why) but I'm just pleased as punch it exists.

Of course everything they do is outta love, and they are wonderful to even consider sharing it, not to speak of actually doing so.

But if you hate it, cool. Admittedly I dont know if I bought it I would display it. But I'd love being able to show it to people.
    Totally agree with your first statement!

Sure this shield's not for everyone...I have no interest in it cause I take my nekkid muscle monster men all serious...but I would never belittle anybody else's enjoyment of it, and yes, it is fantastic work!
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

I love it! I would like to see further pieces in this vein as well, like the Mo-Larr idea. Fun!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    While this is pretty awesome, I'm dumbfounded as to why the mods moved the black He-Man thread to the Customs Forums, but yet they allow a thread about a custom shield to stay in the classics forums?
    Anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    While this is pretty awesome, I'm dumbfounded as to why the mods moved the black He-Man thread to the Customs Forums, but yet they allow a thread about a custom shield to stay in the classics forums?
    Anybody?
    The previous SMC thread was moved to the Sales section, so I anticipate this one being moved elsewhere as well.
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Oookkk....

Well, it's amusing but I don't know....
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Quote Originally Posted by Brian-Man View Post
    How about a Hammer or Mace with a big tooth for the head?
    Thoughts? Who'd buy something like that? Cuz I'm thinking of making one for myself and the other SpyMonkey guys.
    I'd buy something like that. I'd like the tooth to mean something though. Like it could be a Shadow Beast tooth (probably too small). Or a giant's tooth. And would it be a molar or a canine??

I'm so curious about the upcoming weapons set you guys have planned. I have always liked all you guys and the company just gets better and better. The products are well-made and shipping is fast.

I hope some stuff is made for the females too.

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    Anybody?
    because the company that made it (and other items like it) are using Mattel-owned items, recasting them, and selling them for a lot of Money.

SpyMonkey Creations creates its own items for use with 6-7" action figure lines. There is no TM or Copywright or any other type of infringement.

There are other reasons, but you all can do some history research as to why things happen the way they do
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by sephron13 View Post
    The previous SMC thread was moved to the Sales section, so I anticipate this one being moved elsewhere as well.
    That one was originally in the customs section. Hefty moved it to the marketplace quite a few months ago. He explained why and it was understandable. He kinda had to because too many people were asking where to buy and then others posting links to our webstore (not to be confused with Webstor ).
    Which violates the guidelines on selling custom items in threads other than the marketplace or through PMs. Other than shut it down he moved it to where it adhered more to the rules. That was really cool of him.
    That thread still sees plenty of traffic and people can post all the links they want without the mods having to constantly go in an clean up the contra ban.
    We like having it there. It's been a good outlet to stay in touch with our fans & customers here at the org.
    This thread should be okay as long as we don't solicit here.

It may wind up in the customs or other discussion section, it may not. We are a registered LLC, we report our earnings and pay our taxes, we're a legit company. So someone posting reveals, news stories of the product, up coming releases, and starting discussions about them seems like safe territory. This is a parody piece relevant to MOTUC after all.

It is fun to read through these threads and see what everyone thinks, whether it be good, bad, or indifferent. We love to read the opinions and comments. We're fans and collectors first and foremost. We make this stuff for fun (and very little profit) and love sharing it with the community.

And I want to thank the Fallen for the PTM idea. Brilliant!
    I've got a full Hordak body sitting on my work bench left over from when I made my Filmation style one using the blue Webstor body.
    Tomorrow I start a Powdered Toast Man - MOTUC style.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I'd buy something like that. I'd like the tooth to mean something though. Like it could be a Shadow Beast tooth (probably too small). Or a giant's tooth. And would it be a molar or a canine??

I'm so curious about the upcoming weapons set you guys have planned. I have always liked all you guys and the company just gets better and better. The products are well-made and shipping is fast.

I hope some stuff is made for the females too.
    Thanks Brian.

The tooth would be a big molar. Flat on one end with the roots on the other. With the handle coming out of the side. Like a war hammer. I guess it could be a giant's tooth, or a dragon's.
    Last edited by Brian-Man; August 7, 2010 at 03:01am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Up, Up, & Away!
    The Amazing Brian-Man of SpyMonkey Creations Inc.
    President & Founder of the Plundor Appreciation League

Really cool idea. I wouldn't buy it, but for those who already display the figure with the bread, that shield's a nice addition.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Fantastic! Spymonkey makes some great stuff, and I love my toys to be funny! Motu in particular has always had that ridiculous side, and this shield will fit right in!
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/