Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1353

Thread: Spy Monkey Creations - Official Discussion/Photos Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Ordered all of the close combat sets and another round of all of the other sets (of weapons).
    I have a sneaky suspicion that I might have to do yet another order of a third round of weapons sets and a second round of close combat sets...
    This is Lego for grown ups, only higher quality and more adult themed. Love all your stuff, can't wait to get more!
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

I agree on most of that staement, but higher quality? I don't think anyone has ever accused lego of being low quality
    http://www.DoomKick.com -Toys reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRampageo View Post
    I agree on most of that staement, but higher quality? I don't think anyone has ever accused lego of being low quality
    And I don't either, but I've had Lego break on me, and heard others. It's very very rare, but it does happen. Lego is definitely high quality, but this stuff is even better. The friction and amount of stress that it's put under is astonishing yet after all my hours manipulating this stuff it's as if it's brand new. That's quality right there.

I shouldn't be nearly as happy as I am right now. I heard something fall out of my seat, and it turned out to be the very tiny piece that went missing from my favorite new Spymonkey set a while back. After hours of searching I had given up hope of finding it. Totally thrilled!!

My birthday's coming next month and I'm super excited for Spymonkey's new store! Gives me a nice pile of stuff to add to my wishlist!

Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    And I don't either, but I've had Lego break on me, and heard others. It's very very rare, but it does happen. Lego is definitely high quality, but this stuff is even better. The friction and amount of stress that it's put under is astonishing yet after all my hours manipulating this stuff it's as if it's brand new. That's quality right there.
    I do agree with you. SpyMonkey puts out an amazing product for sure, being based on the Glyos peg system really helps out for creativity as well. Speakin goff I got the rest of the first wave of Weaponeers of Monkaa today heres a couple pics of the set and some quick builds

all 6 figures

Solid color build

and Crystar
    http://www.DoomKick.com -Toys reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

Got in the 5 armory and 1 close combat set I ordered the other day and all I gotta say is DAMN these are awesome. I already ordered two more armory sets and really contemplating the weaponeersofmonka sets too. These are by far some if the best 3rd party sets I've bought.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I got my armory sets yesterday too. They included all the weaponeers cards in the box as well, although I didn't order any.
    I've played around with them a little bit, haven't opened most of them yet though. Cold Steel is awesome as usual, Magma is pretty neat too. Some nice little pieces in these sets. Glad to have an actual blaster piece to work around now.

I've been playing around with these and made a few things. Specifically, guns.

I don't know what this is. Some energy-prong/stabbing/goring thing.

New guard blaster

Snake men rifles!

The gun piece rocks. I've already determined that I need another cold steel CCA set at some point, as well as another from the larger set. As well as more snake men. Thanks a lot SMC
    The scary thing is, I haven't even opened up the other 4 colourways yet!

On a related note, I also picked up an old Demon Blade. I gave it to Spikor for now.

Now here is where the dominance of interchangeability comes in. The hilt is a thing of beauty, but I really wish I could swap out the blue blade, for the venom green one. It would rarely leave Skeletor's hands in that case! So kudos once again to SMC for taking their cool weapons to a whole new level.
    Still, glad to have the blade. Just a few more older pieces I'd still like to pick up.

How can I get a dungeon grate?

I finally got my Spy Monkey armory sets in, and they are a ton of fun to dink around with. My only wish is that they came with more normal sword blades. The falcon wing and the demon wing are cool, but they're not very different from each other and only fit with a couple of figures. The master blade is very cool, and I wish more than one came in a set. Ah, but that's how they getcha. Now I need another Cold Steel and possibly an Empyrean set. I'm thinking about getting some Weaponeers figures just so I can use their limbs as "connective tissue" for some ideas I have in my head, but that feels like a waste. I like that their heads double as weapons, but I can't unsee the faces on them.

Heroic Warrior
    Time for some random creations - I'm eagerly awaiting the new sets.

First we have Hordak with a new attachment, I tried combining some colors to keep the colorscheme going as well as get that golden blade in there.

Next is an insane mix of parts (Both with figure and the weapons), again trying to keep the colorscheme going:

Something different, Sir Laserlot gets a hat! and of course a few swords:

Last but definitely not least, Temple of Darkness Sorceress means business!

New arms for Cy-Chop! I'm gona need more sets...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Ha! That's awesome. It does make me wish I had a solid orange close combat armory set for some more Cy-Chop build possibilities.

That looks awesome. That pretty much sold me. I'll pick up some Spy Monkey stuff my next paycheck!

Heroic Warrior
    Nothing too inspired, I'll try and make something really crazy over the weekend.

A collage of weird and wonderful:

The Axe of Azuhl! Actually a bit proud of this one, it's clean and neat.

The Pewpew:

The Eagle Double Stabby! :

And last but definitely not least, DEATH METAL! (I have no idea how this is used in combat though, maybe it's a sonic weapon?):

For those that want a closer look at some of these, open album on facebook - note: some other figure lines may appear; https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5055327&type=3

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...OOOOOOOOOO.jpg

ahahahahaha!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

clear blue would look nice and match his chest.....

am i going to have to get him now too, grrrrrrr.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Man, they have got to stop making these things! I try to be strong, but they call to me...

I'm probably going to break down and get some of the new stuff; I was so pleased with the other sets I got, and seeing what folks are doing with the newer sets has me ready to click and order.

Can't say it enough times: this stuff is what toys should always be: good, old fashioned fun.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

What spy monkey weapons set are the one for cy-chop?

I read somewhere here, that spy monkey made a weapons set for the new horde member. Is this true. I never bought any of there stuff but this might be the ice breaker. Cy-chops chops to me are way too big and silly. I bought an extra horde mprime for his hands but I don't want to open a new figure for the hands.....
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    I read somewhere here, that spy monkey made a weapons set for the new horde member. Is this true. I never bought any of there stuff but this might be the ice breaker. Cy-chops chops to me are way too big and silly. I bought an extra horde mprime for his hands but I don't want to open a new figure for the hands.....
    I would suggest getting these two:
    Close combat armory Magma and Crystal.

But to be honest, all of their stuff is so great, get everything if you can.

Btw none of the sets are really made for various figures, if you play around with the various sets together you can find new combinations that work well with the colors of almost all the characters. They are pretty ingenious, lego for grown ups.

Does anyone got pics of these on him?
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    Does anyone got pics of these on him?

That's the Magma set (and a few other actually), or part of it. Taken from the spymonkey thread here on the org.
    I plan on doing the same once I get my figure, which will be in 3 or so weeks. I have the spymonkey sets already and can't stop saying good things about them.

Has anyone tried using the skull head from Demo Man on Weaponeers figures yet?

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    dude. this picture proves that the OVER sized chops that he came with were a bad choice. something clean, cool and a bit smaller like this is so much more pleasing to me.

I ordered 2 caa sets today. Plan on getting a couple more next month too. Can't wait to get them.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

totally want more weapons for my snake men, cant believe I didnt think about my spymonkey collection. *facepalm*