Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1353

Thread: Spy Monkey Creations - Official Discussion/Photos Thread

Been awhile of swapping things, but I finally settled on some items for Horde Prime. Helped to know that the peg that attaches thing to arms could come off.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Nothing special but I settled on a bowcaster/energy rifle type thing for Cy-Chop. The colours from Crystal and Doppelganger match him perfectly. Magma is perfect for him as well although I didn't use it for this.
    Cy-Chop rocks, and has joined the upper ranks of my favourite 30th figures.

oh i am stealing that bow gun
    the ignore list is my new best friend

I may steal that idea too. It looks awesome.

I need to order more sets to get some more arm connectors. One per set is not enough! Trap Jaw stays old school with his attachments, but Prime, Roboto, Cy-Chop, and Gilduk (Mix 'n' Match custom, Hurricane Hordak with the UK Prime head. "Gild" from the gold armor and "uk" from the UK head) are all kitted out with various stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post

I need to order more sets to get some more arm connectors. One per set is not enough! Trap Jaw stays old school with his attachments, but Prime, Roboto, Cy-Chop, and Gilduk (Mix 'n' Match custom, Hurricane Hordak with the UK Prime head. "Gild" from the gold armor and "uk" from the UK head) are all kitted out with various stuff.
    Definitely. Keep an eye out in the buy/sell section. I was able to pick up three extra connectors and the axe parts for cheap.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    oh i am stealing that bow gun
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    lol thanks, steal away!
    I plugged it into his arm today, and while I prefer the hand, I think it looks pretty cool. And you can flip it around, but it looks more like an icepick, lol, Might look better with magma for that pose.

I actually wouldn't mind having the spiky and blaster-looking heads from a couple of their weaponeers, but I don't really want to buy the whole figure for two parts. I need some new weapons sets anyway though. Just don't want to spend the shipping on more sets, only to have them reveal new product a couple days later, like last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    A collage of weird and wonderful:
    http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/...ps83007223.jpg

The Axe of Azuhl! Actually a bit proud of this one, it's clean and neat.
    http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/...ps90c4f839.jpg

The Pewpew:
    http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/...ps87dfbd06.jpg

The Eagle Double Stabby! :
    http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4993a808.jpg

And last but definitely not least, DEATH METAL! (I have no idea how this is used in combat though, maybe it's a sonic weapon?):
    http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/...psb71b1e6b.jpg
    Didn't see these before for some reason. They're all cool, but the double-stabby in particular is awesome.

I recently picked up the red set of weapons and really had no idea so many extra pieces and connectors would.come.with it. I was floored.with the versatility and can't say enough good.things about them! To me stratos needed a weapon and I wanted hordak to have the bat sword but when I bought the pack for the wing sword.for stratos I had to order another to me it a double wing sword! Now he finally looks complete.to me! Now if only they'd bring back the sword ofbthe empyrean for the cosmic warriors!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and spymonkey should make a huge curved scythe like blade! Like the one designed for the
    200x scare.glow!
    God I hate Stratos.

Are there any rumors of new spy monkey armory stuff? Sad to say I don't care at all about their Glyos figures, but I'll get new armory sets in a hot minute.

But the Glyos figures are great for weapons, too. My Spikor has an awesome arm-blaster made of the pink Palidar head (from the bonus head set).

Heroic Warrior
    Spymonkey needs to start making with some better blade variety. Curved and straight katana blades, falchions, scimitars, axe blades, rounded beams (like da Star Wars laser swords), etc. With those we'll need some new hilts/handles as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Spymonkey needs to start making with some better blade variety. Curved and straight katana blades, falchions, scimitars, axe blades, rounded beams (like da Star Wars laser swords), etc. With those we'll need some new hilts/handles as well.
    Agreed. The second pack should be all about bladed weapons and the third pack should be energy/projectile weapons.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

I'm with you guys about the next pack. The only shortcoming with the pack we have now is the overspecialization of the blades. They're too specific to work for a wide variety of characters. Having an addon pack or a new pack centered on having new types of blades would be great.

I made this colourway for Icer:

But then I picked up the solid white set, and just got it yesterday. I'm still experimenting with most of the weapons, but I think the Dominar is close to what I want. Just need an Icer now, lol.

Also picked up the Toxic glow set. Haven't opened it yet, but it looks great.

I was also tempted to pick up some of their remix series just b/c they're so purdy. But I can make any of those (and in fact, had made the Wundar weapons already) so I let rationality kick in.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Oboy, I hadn't thought about some added weapons for Icer (given one of his two accessories is actually for Stratos). I may need to try to get a white set here...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I just bought my first sets today. From what I've seen on here, I'm excited to get these and start playing with the armory puzzle pieces.

Heroic Warrior
    I just got my first set in the mail, but I don't know how to attache the shield handle to the shield. Does anyone have a pic?

Thanks!
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Cot the regular and smaller (close quarter, I think?) icy sets the other night. I now have a shield and a sword for Icer when he comes, and I'n debating about giving Frosta a weapon as opposed to her staff. I already stole an ice blade from a Thor movie Frost Giant for her right hand, and I'm not all that crazy about the staff, so she may be getting an armament upgrade.

And I still can't say it enough: these sets are flat out fun, like toys should be, and worth every penny.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Cool. Frosta could definitely use those weapons, but I really hope that SMC comes out with female handles soon. I don't like stretching out the hands. I bet they could sell more sets by making them more compatible with female figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    I just got my first set in the mail, but I don't know how to attache the shield handle to the shield. Does anyone have a pic?

Thanks!
    I couldn't figure it out at first, either. I know there are other pictures out there, but this is one way that I've done it:

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I couldn't figure it out at first, either. I know there are other pictures out there, but this is one way that I've done it:
    http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/a...u/0f8ae50d.jpg
    Come on guys, this isn't rocket science, you put parts together until it works, much like lego.

Here's two fairly easy and quick solutions. There are many other.

Fabulous secret powers revealed

I got my order today. I got one crystal gohlem, the 3 close combat sets, and 2 of the big weapon packs. They're really great!
    Last edited by No-Ah; April 11, 2013 at 06:14pm.

Everyone should go check out the next chapter in the Weaponeers of Monkaa saga. BLOODLUST. great story cant wait to see the figures

Yeah its a great read and the next figures are going to be AMAZIN BALLZ!
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Heroic Warrior
    Yep, the MONKAA stuff is real gun, I like the Constructicon colorways...

Just to let you guys know, Spymonkey is having a Weaponeer/Close Combat Armory mini-drop May 1st at 12 pm Pacific time. Black with red, teal, and/or chrome accents.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

The bloodlust Umbreus has great looking parts, and I love the new deluxe CCA set. I'll be picking up both!