Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1356

Thread: Spy Monkey Creations - Official Discussion/Photos Thread

All upcoming DX Close Combat Armory set will be coming with a selection of Silver Chrome ABS parts over the course of the next 4 drops. By the time all 4 drops are complete (around September), if you've purchased all the DX CCAs you'll have a complete set of all our ABS parts plated in Silver Chrome.
    Kind of like a collect-n-connect thing.

Same for the DX painted non-Gohlem figures as well. For instance, Bloodlust Umbreus includes the 4 spikes in Silver Chrome. The next figure will have the blade & handle from the master blade and the shaft from Dominar. The August figure will have both wing blades. September all the rivets and shield dome.

We wanted to give the figures a little something extra while being able to fulfill a long standing demand for all the blades in Silver Chrome.
    Up, Up, & Away!
    The Amazing Brian-Man of SpyMonkey Creations Inc.
    President & Founder of the Plundor Appreciation League

Very cool Brian-Man! I was wondering about that as the new DX set has just one little silver shield-peg, lol. Awesome to know there will be a full silver set released bit by bit.

I love the vac-metal blade in DLX armory. Shiny

Everybody get their bloodlust Umbreus yesterday?

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...e%2Fp12o0s-9VK

Spy Monkey Creations will be at Comic Con International in San Diego, CA this month July 18-21. We are sharing a booth with our wonderful friends at October Toys/Toy Break! We are feverishly working to make ready the debut of a couple brand new Weaponeers of Monkaa figures. We'll be at booth #4951. Come find us!

Can't wait to see every one and hang out at the Power Party!!!
    Up, Up, & Away!

Any Zoolander fans out there?

S WORDS.jpg

SANY0499.jpg

It has recently been brought to our attention that another party has been recasting and selling our retired resin weapons and accessories.
    We have been receiving complaints about the inadequate quality and durability of this product.
    Please note that if you did not order an original piece directly from Spy Monkey Creations or any of our trusted partners, we can not be responsible for that product.
    All of our original resin items have been retired for well over 2 years now. They are no longer in official production in any capacity. If you own one or more of those pieces, you own something special.

Our focus has shifted to higher quality standards and higher quality materials. Our Weaponeers of Monkaa Armories include all of the pieces to build most of those past items and plenty of new ones. All at a better value and with guaranteed durability.

Just remember, If you didn't order it from Spy Monkey Creations, you are not receiving Spy Monkey Quality.
    Up, Up, & Away!

I picked up the white set at SDCC--can't believe it's taken me THIS long to post the pics!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Oh, nice! I just got a white set to add some parts to the Weaponeer SDCC figure but totally forgot how awesome Frosta weapons would be.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I'm frustrated with SMC right now. I wanted the Bloodlust figure, but I couldn't justify spending $20 to ship the thing and the matching CCA by themselves, so I figured I would wait for the next drop. But unlike the other figures, he sold out rapidly. So I waited for another drop to get the CCA...and waited...and waited. When the time finally came, I wanted to order the Weaponeer along with it, but he sold out too fast. I did get a few armory sets. Then they revealed the Power-Con exclusive, but the thing sold out and they won't be selling the handful that remain. I wish they didn't make such small numbers of their products...I was going to start getting into the WOM figures after seeing how they were going, but I've kind of lost interest now that three of the ones I really wanted are unattainable (unless they come back).

That's unfortunate. I know I only bought 1 of each from the original wave and desperately want more now. Brian said that they will have a Black and Orange variant dropping in Oct. It is comprised of the Orange Golem overstock and the drop is limited to something like 60 pieces. He also said that there should be a drop that had a Metallic Blue and possibly a Red Translucent Golem in the future.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Yeah, the limited availability of the items I actually want to purchase from them is frustrating. I understand that they are a small company and don't want to overproduce anything and get stuck with unsold stock for months, but I just can't seem to give them my money

I'm disappointed too, but for different reasons. It bums me out that they have all but abandoned the idea of fun interchangeable accessories in favor of these goofy little mini figures that I don't give a rip about. Every other month or so I go to their site hoping for a new armory set.

Will pick up the white weapons armory for Frosta and Icer along with more bloodlust/obsidian for the HT. I do hope we get more MOTUC compatible weapons again, maybe another set for TJ, ROboto and Cy-Chop. Would also love if the make some weapons for Syklone, Rock Warriors, and Galactic Protectors.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

i will add my voice to the "NO FIGURES WE WANT WEAPONS!!!@!@!" crew. nothing SpyMonkey has made interests me in the slightest other than the weapons.

that said, is Modulok compatible with these pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I'm frustrated with SMC right now. I wanted the Bloodlust figure, but I couldn't justify spending $20 to ship the thing and the matching CCA by themselves, so I figured I would wait for the next drop. But unlike the other figures, he sold out rapidly. So I waited for another drop to get the CCA...and waited...and waited. When the time finally came, I wanted to order the Weaponeer along with it, but he sold out too fast. I did get a few armory sets. Then they revealed the Power-Con exclusive, but the thing sold out and they won't be selling the handful that remain. I wish they didn't make such small numbers of their products...I was going to start getting into the WOM figures after seeing how they were going, but I've kind of lost interest now that three of the ones I really wanted are unattainable (unless they come back).
    You know. I feel your pain. I did not act soon enough and wound up with only an Empyrius his original red. I missed out on the rest. I also missed out on my chance to get Blodlust Umbrius. We cannot fault SMC too much. I mean these guys are really just a cottage industry. The only thing I can say is write to them directly and let them know that you would like some more of what they have already put out. Maybe with enough people making a request, they might feel justified in ordering up production of them.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    i will add my voice to the "NO FIGURES WE WANT WEAPONS!!!@!@!" crew. nothing SpyMonkey has made interests me in the slightest other than the weapons.

that said, is Modulok compatible with these pieces?
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. Now they are making a He-man version of the little mini-figure. I wish they would get back to what made them successful in the first place. I miss the old style weapons and how it felt collecting them. The armory sets are great, don't get me wrong. But they assure us that they aren't going back to making those old style weapons and that is just flat out disappointing. Why people mess with success I will never know.

Someone else should start a company and pick up where they left off... I have money for you!

He-Dude, the closest thing to that is the folks on Shapeways. There's a pretty awesome (albeit small) community of really talented creators out there. Most of them are Orgers!

Evil Mike

CraftForge. I don't think he's an Orger, and he hasn't put up anything new in ages, but what is there is pretty great.

He-Bro

Der Waffensmeister

I have several items from each of them (except He-Bro, haven't gotten around to a project that needs his stuff yet) and they are all phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I'm disappointed too, but for different reasons. It bums me out that they have all but abandoned the idea of fun interchangeable accessories in favor of these goofy little mini figures that I don't give a rip about. Every other month or so I go to their site hoping for a new armory set.
    this.
    they tried too hard and too quick.
    WISHLIST: Green and Purple Mask of Power demons, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Prince Dakon, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

I'm disappointed to have missed out on some items but I have to defend their products here.
    The old weapons are awesome, and it would be great to see them unretired - but do you guys really want to go back to the old days of paying $10 for a single weapon? Now you can pretty much pay the same price for a whole set of weapons you can customize yourself. The figures themselves have parts that are good for weapons builds, one of the main reasons I'm interested in some of them. Everything they make now appeals to MOTUC fans, 4H fans, glyos fans, and just toy fans in general, rather than just a small portion of one niche fanbase. More customers = more product and higher quality, and that's a good thing.

The problem, if you could call it that, is that other people found out about them.

When Spymonkey did the initial Weaponeer's drop, they had stuff hang out in their store for months. For a small company, that's not a good thing. More sold = more money recouped = more new stuff (colorways and product) showing up faster.

In that ensuing time more and more people, especially Glyos, mini-figure, and general toy fans, found out about them. When the Bloodlust wave hit, they had scaled back their production so they wouldn't have as many leftovers, and didn't realize they gained more fans. So the last couple of production drops have sold out very quickly, and it will take time for them to adjust their numbers so stock hangs around a little while for the maximum number of people to grab some.

The exclusives are limited editions, and again I don't think Brian and Jeremy expected them to be so popular either. So it ended up being blink and you missed them.

Seriously guys. These are not Matty "sell-outs", and these guys don't have money coming out of their backsides. If their stuff is selling out quickly, they'll adjust numbers to make more (and new) things. A little patience and understanding, please.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

I wish someone would make the rifle from the movie that comes with Captain Glenn/Queen Marlena.
    WTB:
    Loose: Sorceress, Whiplash
    MOC w/ mailers: Whiplash

Honestly the only thing left that I want is a great Entrapta!

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    He-Dude, the closest thing to that is the folks on Shapeways. There's a pretty awesome (albeit small) community of really talented creators out there. Most of them are Orgers!

Evil Mike

CraftForge. I don't think he's an Orger, and he hasn't put up anything new in ages, but what is there is pretty great.

He-Bro

Der Waffensmeister

I have several items from each of them (except He-Bro, haven't gotten around to a project that needs his stuff yet) and they are all phenomenal.
    THanks for posting this. Had no idea that this stuff was out there. WOW I am going to have a long christmas list this year. I can only imagine the look on my girls face when I show her this stuff!!

Got the mother load from smc today. I only wanted weapons and silver pieces, but ended up buying everything from the last drop. I even bought the old headpack!
    It's all quite nice. I love the gold and transluscent green weapons.
    But...while I would love to have some blue weapons, the repaints have run their course, methinks. At least for me. (I will still buy them, though, but it will be more 'just to have them' than really needing them.)

I've used the gun from Preternia Disguise He-Man and Spy Monkey parts to make Two Bad's 200X cannon. The first pics are the plussed up version since it just looked a little bare/too much like a periscope with just the handles, like in the later pics.

image.jpg

image.jpg

......I'll post more later--for some reason it's not letting me upload any more--I think the wifi connection where I am isn't great.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. Now they are making a He-man version of the little mini-figure. I wish they would get back to what made them successful in the first place. I miss the old style weapons and how it felt collecting them. The armory sets are great, don't get me wrong. But they assure us that they aren't going back to making those old style weapons and that is just flat out disappointing. Why people mess with success I will never know.

Someone else should start a company and pick up where they left off... I have money for you!
    I fully appreciate what they are trying and succeeding in doing. Great idea with figures and weapons and stuff. Especially since glyos fans are huge. It's just so cool. And a logical step.

That being said, and again I respect them, it's not what I cared about. "making" their previous weapons with the new sets is just not true. the old pieces are awesome unique and specifically what they are. The sword of the Empyerian, the old shields, ect... just not the same.

Now I bought one of each colorway of the original weapons sets. I made some cool weapons for some MOTUC that needed them. I am fully happy about that. But to be honest most of the parts from all the sets are just wasted and sit in a box not being used. I"m not on board actually buying these new figures of theirs or glyos. If I were, the parts would find good use.

I just want cool MOTUC custom weapons. So I wish they would use whatever profits they are earning from the Weaponeers to re-produce teh original retired weapons for some fans. Even if only as a rare event once a year in small runs or something. Or make new dedicated weapons.

I'd rather spend 20 bucks on one weapon than on a bunch of random parts that I wont use most of for one weapon. Or as for their cool axe you could build from the original sets give two blades so you dont have to buy 2 sets to get one double bladed axe....sigh.

Still support them, in spirit, if not in purchases anymore.