Page 10 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Spy Monkey Creations - Official Discussion/Photos Thread

I missed out today, but congrats on the sellout!!

You guys rock over there and I'm anxiously awaiting my next chance at the Hammer!
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Brian-Man : I don't know if people here say it enough but all of you at Spy Monkey Creations do a fantastic job on these items.

I've gotten several of your prodcuts, like the Master Emperyon Blades, Dark Arsenal and the Dread Axe. (which reminds me I need to get the other two axes before you retire them) all of the wonderfully done. I can't wait to get my hands on this hammer. You guys are just what the Classic line needs.

Good job on the sell out.

SMC have stated that they always want their items to be up for sale so I will just wait until it is ready

Heroic Warrior
    I lucked out and was able to get a friend of mine to be on the computer since I worked yesterday.

I finally caved and ordered the last 2 items of the Spy Monkey catalog that I don't have today. The Wundar sword and Toast shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian-Man View Post
    7 minutes, for 20 pieces. They went a lot quicker than we expected.
    We'll have a larger run to go on sale in January.
    As many others have said, congrats on the speedy sellout. U guys have churned out some amazing stuff and as a fan I'm appreciative of the work u guys continue to put.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian-Man
    Thanks to everyone who showed their support today. For those that missed out, please be patient. We don't want to let anyone down. We've got a good idea what we need to do meet demand on the next batch. We're gonna do our best to meet that.
    And I have no doubts u'll be putting in the extra effort in "maxing" your output for the next batch. Keep up the great work.

Wow. I had no idea the hammer went on sale so soon. I want one, so I guess I'll try next time. (Honestly, I didn't mind waiting for my pirate arsenal, so if you want to put me down for a pre-order, let's do business! I need the hammer, the Poe Sword, and the Roboto arsenal, yet.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Pretty heavy weapon. Since Tytus is rotocast and can't stand normally, careful about posing him, incase he tips over and damages the weapon.

The colors match him perfectly

WOW

I am REALLY impressed with this hammer. I mean, I am always impressed by Spy Monkey stuff, but this looks especially well done.

Can't wait to order one!
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Nice hammer.

I almost regret not being one of the 20 people who managed to snag one in the 6 minutes they sold for
    I will grab one when they are released again.

But I decided to buy 2 more Master Blades of Empyrean. One for Zodak and one for Wun-Dar. The Master Blade of Empyrean is the chosen weapon for my Cosmic Enforcers.

EDIT: I just noticed the Master Blade of Empyrean is being retired along with the Witching Axe of Ruination. If you are on the fence about buying these, now is the time before it is too late
    Last edited by TheFallen; December 14, 2010 at 07:53pm.

Generic Laser Rifles and generic Laser Pistols would be great!

Also a very simple generic Sword (standard cross shape) with a medium sized blade.

Although the Swords of Ages is awesome, to me it still looks too fancy and is too long to be a very plain generic sword.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Mara, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Blast-Attak, Hunga the Harpy, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Dragstor, Imp, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn

Rather then making brand new weapons, Spy monkey, Why dont you make the weapons from filmation that we never got.
    Sword of the Ancients
    Staff of Avion
    Emreald Staff of Avion
    Sceptar of power
    Shaping staff
    The sword of evil (third sword of power-uk comic with horde prime)
    You know fans will go for it cause they all appeared in the show (FOR THE most part) and fans want them.

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Rather then making brand new weapons, Spy monkey, Why dont you make the weapons from filmation that we never got.
    Because it's illegal. It violates Filmation's copyright.

And the sword of ages? Just curious, wasn't that clearly based on a comic design for Triklops? Did Spy monkey get permission for that or is he hoping to get away with it calling it a generic weapon for a generic 6" figure?

Last edited by Eterniandreams; December 17, 2010 at 02:35pm.

Getting away with it.

Then he could do the same with a generic golden staff with stylized bird calling it The general staff or something. The design of that thing is too common anyway. It could be a futuristic redesign of julius ceasars eagle staff which is owned by nobody.

Yeah. They also did the Diamond Ray of Dissapearance from Filmation with their Witching Axes.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Yeah. They also did the Diamond Ray of Dissapearance from Filmation with their Witching Axes.
    I thought that was what the shield was an homage to. I don't ever recall Skeletor adding the Diamond Ray to his axe in the Filmation 'toon.

EDIT: Of course, by "the shield," I meant "The Shield of Destruction - Blue Venom Version"
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

I was thinking of this

Skeletor didn't actually put the Diamond Ray on the end of the axe though, did he? That's where you're losing me.
    @joshcrawley

I don't actually remember to tell you the truth. But that axe looks like the direct inspiration for the Witching Axe from that episode.

I don't actually remember to tell you the truth. But that axe looks like the direct inspiration for the Witching Axe from that episode.
    Oh, yeah! I was just thrown off by you mentioning the Diamond Ray of Disappearance:

@joshcrawley

What the hammers already went on sale?? Doh! Missed out!

I will have to remember to be ready for the January run...

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    I love the Spy Monkey weapons but ticked I may have to reorder three of them. It is not Spy monkey's fault that I may have to reorder these, IT IS THE U.S. POSTAL SERVICE FAULT! They lost my sword and sheild I ordered for skeletor as well as the sword i ordered for Zodak(Kar-tor), all one order.

They were supposed to arrive last monday and got "misrouted" according to their website. I talked to a nice woman working their switch board in my state and she said they were still in the state and should get to me before christmas day, but they most likely just lost it because I have been using the tracking number ever since i got the ship confirm from SMC and the day before it was supposed to arrive some doo-doo puts the thing on the wrong truck.

If they don't get here by this monday I will just order the weapons again and just mark the lost order as money that is lost for good. Has anyone else had this problem before ever, not just with SMC stuff of course, I am talking in general.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    [...]Has anyone else had this problem before ever, not just with SMC stuff of course, I am talking in general.
    Other than a big box of stuff I returned to Mattel that "mysteriously" never arrived after tracking showed it going to that Zip Code? No.
    @joshcrawley

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Other than a big box of stuff I returned to Mattel that "mysteriously" never arrived after tracking showed it going to that Zip Code? No.
    This is the 1st this has ever happened to me but good to learn some people also had trouble. and since you said it was mattel that is almost the same thing since the smc weapons are meant for MOTUC.

Probably what happened to your package even though it was a return was probably the carrier at the time realizing what he had in his hands and stealing it for himself, probably to sell on evilbay, and messing it up for you and mattel. I just hope this hasn't happened with my stuff, I know their are a lot of SMC fans out there.
    Last edited by griffen112182; December 21, 2010 at 03:00am.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery