Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Spy Monkey Creations - Official Discussion/Photos Thread

Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    This is the 1st this has ever happened to me bt good to learn some people also had trouble. and since you said it was mattel that is almost the same thing since the smc weapons are meant for MOTUC.

Probably what happened to your package even though it was a return was probably the carrier at the time realizing what he had in his hands and stealing it for himself, probably to sell on evilbay, and messing it up for you and mattel. I just hope this hasn't happened with my stuff, I know their are a lot of SMC fans out there.
    In my years of having toys shipped to me, though, that's the only issue I've had. I'm much more liable to think it was someone at Mattel/DR's warehouse. Nothing was messed up for Mattel because the extra order was my fault.

Unless your carrier knew specifically about the SMC items, I highly doubt that was any malicious intent.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Oh, yeah! I was just thrown off by you mentioning the Diamond Ray of Disappearance:
    The Witching Axe is definitely inspired by the axe that Skeletor is holding in that pic SCB posted. The Shield of Destruction (Blue Venom) essentially pays homage to the Diamond Ray of Disappearance with the diamond jewel that's embedded in the center of the shield.

Hope that solves the dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by VENENOR View Post
    The Witching Axe is definitely inspired by the axe that Skeletor is holding in that pic SCB posted. The Shield of Destruction (Blue Venom) essentially pays homage to the Diamond Ray of Disappearance with the diamond jewel that's embedded in the center of the shield.

Hope that solves the dilemma.
    Oh, I knew that, it was just the reference to the DRoD and the Witching Axe that had me confused.
    @joshcrawley

Ambros

I gotten this axe of SMC. First didn't know whom to use it for, but it perfectly fits to Buzz-Off

The Axe of Ambrosia

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Looks great with Buzz!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I think Battle armor skelator is supposed to have this axe. Thats what fans were asking for, and its supposed to represent that.

Quote Originally Posted by kk2 View Post
    I gotten this axe of SMC. First didn't know whom to use it for, but it perfectly fits to Buzz-Off

The Axe of Ambrosia

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ictureid=11543

That looks awesome with Buzz-Off. I'd love to see closer pics.

Quote Originally Posted by kk2 View Post

The Axe of Ambrosia
    OH now that's really nice looking. I love seeing stuff like this with the blind bag items. I think we ran a few of the clear yellow weapons like this when we were making yellow energy space cop pieces for the booth @ SDCC.
    This goes perfectly with Buzz-Off. I found a shield in the clear yellow yesterday in my parts bin. I think I'll paint the rim & rivets brown and see if I can find or make a 'stinger' for the center. Thanks for the pic kk2. You may have just helped create a refresh version of the shield.

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    Generic Laser Rifles and generic Laser Pistols would be great!

Also a very simple generic Sword (standard cross shape) with a medium sized blade.

Although the Swords of Ages is awesome, to me it still looks too fancy and is too long to be a very plain generic sword.
    Funny you should mention laser weapons. I've been sketching some rifles and pistols lately. Our next item may actually be a gun of some sort. Also been trying to devise a way to do armor pieces in the resin we use. Want to make sure its durable enough to withstand heavy use.

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Rather then making brand new weapons, Spy monkey, Why dont you make the weapons from filmation that we never got.
    Sword of the Ancients
    Staff of Avion
    Emreald Staff of Avion
    Sceptar of power
    Shaping staff
    The sword of evil (third sword of power-uk comic with horde prime)
    You know fans will go for it cause they all appeared in the show (FOR THE most part) and fans want them.
    New weapons is what we do. We're inspired by MOTU and the Filmation material but we won't ever just do a straight up rip of something someone else owns. The sword of ages is obviously inspired by the mini-comic but it is a very generic looking sword in that comic. Nothing as iconic as the Power Sword or Havoc Staff.

As for doing staves, spears, and long thin weapons like this, we have tried to make it work. But the resin we use and our casting process just isn't conducive to this kind of item. I'm our QC department and if it doesn't stand up to me beating the holy living tar out of it, we're not going to put our name on it and take your money. If we ever get into casting with ABS or PVC plastics this will be possible, but the resin just doesn't have the same ability to handle the leverage and stress that would be put on the longer items. The only way were able to make the hammer work is because It was feasible to make the handle portion so stocky.
    Last edited by Brian-Man; December 18, 2010 at 02:30pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Up, Up, & Away!
    The Amazing Brian-Man of SpyMonkey Creations Inc.
    President & Founder of the Plundor Appreciation League

Cardboard Weapons Rack of Grayskull

Why dont you put together some of the rayguns based on the designs on the cardboard cut-out from the original Castle Grayskull? There are two different designs on the rack crossbar that would rock as three dimensional pieces.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian-Man View Post
    This goes perfectly with Buzz-Off. I found a shield in the clear yellow yesterday in my parts bin. I think I'll paint the rim & rivets brown and see if I can find or make a 'stinger' for the center. Thanks for the pic kk2. You may have just helped create a refresh version of the shield.
    I'd order one of those if they become available on the SMC website!

Quote Originally Posted by VENENOR View Post
    That looks awesome with Buzz-Off. I'd love to see closer pics.
    Here ya go...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian-Man View Post
    OH now that's really nice looking. I love seeing stuff like this with the blind bag items. I think we ran a few of the clear yellow weapons like this when we were making yellow energy space cop pieces for the booth @ SDCC.
    Sweet, love to see that.
    Last edited by kk2; December 18, 2010 at 06:40pm.

And while you're working on that new shield, my feelings wouldn't be too terribly hurt if you came up with a Shaping Staff-type...staff.

Please and thank you.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

That axe looks pretty great. Looking at those pictures, though, makes me wish the color of the wings had matched Buzz-Off's other yellow bits better, unless it's a camera processing difference that isn't as noticeable in person (as is the case at times).
    @joshcrawley

Armor sounds awesome.

Not a fan of guns in MOTU. Sword and sorcery 4 Life.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    That axe looks pretty great. Looking at those pictures, though, makes me wish the color of the wings had matched Buzz-Off's other yellow bits better, unless it's a camera processing difference that isn't as noticeable in person (as is the case at times).
    Ah no, sorry to disappoint ya, but the wings are just as on these pictures.

I actually like it, looks pretty cool and more translucent than when it would be a darker yellow like the vintage figure.
    Last edited by kk2; December 19, 2010 at 08:22am.

Ambrosia Axe and shield...WANT.

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182
    i love the spy monkey weapons but ticked i may have to reorder three of them. It is not spy monkey's fault that i may have to reorder these, it is the u.s. Postal service fault! They lost my sword and sheild i ordered for skeletor as well as the sword i ordered for zodak(kar-tor), all one order.

They were supposed to arrive last monday and got "misrouted" according to their website. I talked to a nice woman working their switch board in my state and she said they were still in the state and should get to me before christmas day, but they most likely just lost it because i have been using the tracking number ever since i got the ship confirm from smc and the day before it was supposed to arrive some doo-doo puts the thing on the wrong truck.

If they don't get here by this monday i will just order the weapons again and just mark the lost order as money that is lost for good. Has anyone else had this problem before ever, not just with smc stuff of course, i am talking in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by josh
    other than a big box of stuff i returned to mattel that "mysteriously" never arrived after tracking showed it going to that zip code? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182
    this is the 1st this has ever happened to me but good to learn some people also had trouble. And since you said it was mattel that is almost the same thing since the smc weapons are meant for motuc.

Probably what happened to your package even though it was a return was probably the carrier at the time realizing what he had in his hands and stealing it for himself, probably to sell on evilbay, and messing it up for you and mattel. I just hope this hasn't happened with my stuff, i know their are a lot of smc fans out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by josh
    in my years of having toys shipped to me, though, that's the only issue i've had. I'm much more liable to think it was someone at mattel/dr's warehouse. Nothing was messed up for mattel because the extra order was my fault.

Unless your carrier knew specifically about the smc items, i highly doubt that was any malicious intent.
    Update to my little problem, The post office finally found the dang thing and it looks like these weapons will be coming to me tomorrow. I just hope they are in as good condition as when SMC sent them to me in the first place. Looks like I saved myself having to spend another $30 dollars to order replacements. Of course said $30 dollars now will be spent on other SMC weapons now to arm King Randor, M@A, Roboto, Tri-Klops, and Trapjaw.

Incidentaly who's weapons wherwe made first:
    Witching axe of Ruination- 3 Versions: for Skeletor, Faker and Hordak or Count Marzo. I get that Skeletors was the first one made for these guys so I can skip this one.

The Master Blade of the Empyrean- 3 Versions: for Zodac Zur, Kar-Tor(Zodak) and Wun-Dar. Who's version was made first and who's were the one's that came 2nd and 3rd

The Shield of Destruction/Deliverance- 5 Versions: for King Randor, M@A, Skeletor, Faker, and Triklops. I am guessing Skeletor's was the first version but would like a little clarity on this.

The Blade of the Demon King- 3 version: for Skeletor, Scareglow, and Hordak. I am guessing Skeletor's was the first version here also or was it Scareglow's

The Dark Arsenal of the Space Pirate/The Tools of the Master Strategist- 2 versions for Trapjaw and Roboto. I get that TJ was the one that got these first so no mystery there.

That just leaves the 3 unique weapons which I don't need answer for: Chalybeous - The Hammer of War - for Tytus
    Toast-Orr the Bread Shield! - for Wun-Dar
    The Sword of Ages - for Demo-Man: The original Demon Skeletor or for Tri-Klops
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Beetle View Post
    I'd order one of those if they become available on the SMC website!
    I'd definitely buy an "Ambrosia Shield". That would be awesome!!!

It would be cool if it had brown rivets and then the reddish color of the long axe handle as the rim of the shield.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Just got my Roboto in the mail so it's time to show off one of my custom orders!

That is awesome! No fair though, I asked about a custom order last month and never heard back. Still ordered a set of axes and swords finally though. Just got my hammer and toast shield in today though, whoohoo! Hopefully I'll be able to order all the other stuff by the end of next month.

That's not a custom. You can order that set.

The photos on the Spy Monkey website are a disservice to the products. They look much better in person and have more paint aps.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    That's not a custom. You can order that set.
    AdultCollector isn't very clear, but it is a custom. See the blue highlights on the pieces?

That really does help the pieces "pop." AC did you do that yourself or did SM paint it for you?

Sorry for the confusion, I had sent directions over to Spymonkey and they fixed me up.

Here are a couple other ideas I sent to them. The Zodac shield didn't turn out quite right but I'll probably paint it when I get a chance.

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Hey guys, just wanting to know if the 6.5 inch green energy weapons on SMC would be compatiable with the DCUC Vs. MOTUC Hal Jordan Green Lanturn that is coming in wave three. If they are it looks I have 3 more SMC weapons to add to my collection.

If these are for the Bruce Timm JLU cartoon figures than I will skip them. Hope they are meant for DCUC since I am (loose) collecting all the figures from the TRU side line and either putting them with Superman helping the Masters or Lex helping the Evil Warriors. As for the MOTUC figs they are either characters from Wun-Dar's Time(Stratos, Skeletor, & Mer-Man), The Preternia Era(Zodac), or a unique armor for the present day(He-Man).

Between SMC, The Weapons Packs, and Weapons we get extra from some figures(I.E. The Goddess and M@A) this is starting to look like a real war, finally.
    Last edited by griffen112182; January 14, 2011 at 03:01am.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery