Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Spy Monkey Creations - Official Discussion/Photos Thread

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Looking forward to it!

Awesome! Can't wait to hear what you guys have been up to
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Can't wait !!!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian-Man View Post
    Hey everyone! Apologies for the silence from SpyMonkey Central over the past couple of months. We have been very busy indeed! Not just with the goings on of SMC but with each of our individual pursuits and obligations as well.
    Very exciting things happening all around, and we have some awesome product in the factory being cast at this very moment. It's gonna totally change the way you accessorize and weaponize your collections.

Check back tomorrow and I'll post a complete update on where we are with everything.
    Fantastic!
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

I am on pins and needles here!
    the ignore list is my new best friend

If it has anything to do with the 2 figures that were on display I am game!

very cool news!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

I ordered the guards my forth set and like twenty minuets later I had a shipping notice. This as yesterday.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Okay update as promised:

We have been crazy busy as of late. SpyMonkey Creations started as a labor of love that has exploded beyond anything the 3 of us ever expected, and it has been an awesome ride.
    We closed the store in August to give us the needed time to move into our next phase/evolution of development. We have been working non stop since to make this happen. I'm not going to divulge a whole lot here because we are going to do an official press release in the next month (or 2) once we have our final color samples in hand. When that happens it will be posted (with pictures) on any and every toy site that we are affiliated with. Our goal is to reopen the store in Late January-Mid February.

What I will tell you is that all of our new offerings will be modular weapons. Meaning that each weapon will be made up of anywhere between 3-16 interlocking pieces that will be completely interchangeable with every piece that we make. We have been working very closely with Onell Designs and using their Glyos system of interchangeable joints. This is the exact same system Onell uses on their figure lines and that the 4 Horsemen use on their OUTER SPACE MEN line of figures. That means all of our stuff will work not only with your 6-7" scale action figures, it will work with all of those figures as well.We are using a mix of PVC pieces and ABS pieces. We are even toying around with doing some vac-metal ABS for our convention and partner exclusives when the time comes. Planned conventions(we'll have a booth or table) for 2012 are Emerald City Comic Con, Power-Con, NYCC, and a few others we will announce once we have them locked. We will be at SDCC but we might not be able to get a table.

In the first drop, we are offering 5 different weapons all in 5 different colorways. They will be offered in sets as well as singles. And since we are mass producing these our production costs have come way down so you'll see that in the price you pay. If you were paying $10 a weapon before you can look forward to paying about half that going forward. There will be even more savings when ordering entire sets. This is one of the things we are most excited about. Getting more out there to more fans at a more manageable price.

What are the weapons? We have some brand new stuff and a few new takes and updates on weapons we offered in resin.

First will be a sword reminiscent of our 1st and last resin pieces. A hybrid of sorts. A mash-up between the Master Blade of the Empyrean and the Sword of Ages. (6 pieces)

Then we have a re-worked version of the Blade of the Demon King. Same blade but with a new twist. (3 pieces)

To that I designed a companion piece that I'm calling the Blade of the Falcon Lord. (3 pieces)

Fourth, will be a shield. But not just any shield. We've taken our signature round domed and studded Shield of Destruction/Deliverance and stepped it up. This bad boy will include a method for you to give even your open handed figures a weapon to wield. (14 pieces)

Fifth and my absolute favorite of the bunch will be something I've wanted to do for a while but was limited by the resin that we used. A war-hammer for the 6-7" scale. Well it's more of a hammer/axe combo like I did for Chalybeous. But the beauty of it is, if that's not your bag you can always buy 2 and swap out the heads to make a true war-hammer and have all the pieces to make a killer battleaxe. For extra badassery on this guy we added several removeable and reconfigureable spikes, a couple of skulls, and an adapter that will allow you to connect any of our new weapons with your Space Pirate, Master Strategist, or Typhoon Tyrant types. (16 pieces)

So that's what you can expect from us when we reopen the store. I can't wait to show you all pictures and all the crazy wicked cool *****in' stuff you can build using the Glyos system with our weapons.

For those of you on the Chalybeous waitlist. We have all of the pieces cast up and are starting the arduous task of cleaning, sanding, prepping, and painting. It is gonna take a while but it'll be worth it. Chalybeous will be our most limited item ever. Only 110 pieces of this resin behemoth will be out there. The molds have given up the ghost and we are retiring him as soon as the waitlist is fulfilled.

Please note: The waitlist is closed as the molds are now gone. If you messaged me and I have responded asking for your shipping address then there is no need to message again, your hammer is cast and being finished. IF I messaged you and you have not yet responded with your shipping address please do so.
    I had a goal set of getting these all done by the end of 2011. That goal unfortunately will not be met. Between work commitments, family obligations, and the loss of a very dear friend the week before Thanksgiving I have had to put the hammers on the back burner for a time. But don't worry, I will have them to you as quickly as I can when some dust settles around here.

Thank you all for your continued support of SpyMonkey Creations, Inc.
    Brian (Brian-Man)
    Jeremy (SpyMagician)
    Producer Bill (Fresh Monkey)
    Up, Up, & Away!
    The Amazing Brian-Man of SpyMonkey Creations Inc.
    President & Founder of the Plundor Appreciation League

Okay update as promised:

We have been crazy busy as of late. SpyMonkey Creations started as a labor of love that has exploded beyond anything the 3 of us ever expected, and it has been an awesome ride.
    We closed the store in August to give us the needed time to move into our next phase/evolution of development. We have been working non stop since to make this happen. I'm not going to divulge a whole lot here because we are going to do an official press release in the next month (or 2) once we have our final color samples in hand. When that happens it will be posted (with pictures) on any and every toy site that we are affiliated with. Our goal is to reopen the store in Late January-Mid February.

What I will tell you is that all of our new offerings will be modular weapons. Meaning that each weapon will be made up of anywhere between 3-16 interlocking pieces that will be completely interchangeable with every piece that we make. We have been working very closely with Onell Designs and using their Glyos system of interchangeable joints. This is the exact same system Onell uses on their figure lines and that the 4 Horsemen use on their OUTER SPACE MEN line of figures. That means all of our stuff will work not only with your 6-7" scale action figures, it will work with all of those figures as well.We are using a mix of PVC pieces and ABS pieces. We are even toying around with doing some vac-metal ABS for our convention and partner exclusives when the time comes. Planned conventions(we'll have a booth or table) for 2012 are Emerald City Comic Con, Power-Con, NYCC, and a few others we will announce once we have them locked. We will be at SDCC but we might not be able to get a table.

In the first drop, we are offering 5 different weapons all in 5 different colorways. They will be offered in sets as well as singles. And since we are mass producing these our production costs have come way down so you'll see that in the price you pay. If you were paying $10 a weapon before you can look forward to paying about half that going forward. There will be even more savings when ordering entire sets. This is one of the things we are most excited about. Getting more out there to more fans at a more manageable price.

What are the weapons? We have some brand new stuff and a few new takes and updates on weapons we offered in resin.

First will be a sword reminiscent of our 1st and last resin pieces. A hybrid of sorts. A mash-up between the Master Blade of the Empyrean and the Sword of Ages. (6 pieces)

Then we have a re-worked version of the Blade of the Demon King. Same blade but with a new twist. (3 pieces)

To that I designed a companion piece that I'm calling the Blade of the Falcon Lord. (3 pieces)

Fourth, will be a shield. But not just any shield. We've taken our signature round domed and studded Shield of Destruction/Deliverance and stepped it up. This bad boy will include a method for you to give even your open handed figures a weapon to wield. (14 pieces)

Fifth and my absolute favorite of the bunch will be something I've wanted to do for a while but was limited by the resin that we used. A war-hammer for the 6-7" scale. Well it's more of a hammer/axe combo like I did for Chalybeous. But the beauty of it is, if that's not your bag you can always buy 2 and swap out the heads to make a true war-hammer and have all the pieces to make a killer battleaxe. For extra badassery on this guy we added several removeable and reconfigureable spikes, a couple of skulls, and an adapter that will allow you to connect any of our new weapons with your Space Pirate, Master Strategist, or Typhoon Tyrant types. (16 pieces)

So that's what you can expect from us when we reopen the store. I can't wait to show you all pictures and all the crazy wicked cool *****in' stuff you can build using the Glyos system with our weapons.

For those of you on the Chalybeous waitlist. We have all of the pieces cast up and are starting the arduous task of cleaning, sanding, prepping, and painting. It is gonna take a while but it'll be worth it. Chalybeous will be our most limited item ever. Only 110 pieces of this resin behemoth will be out there. The molds have given up the ghost and we are retiring him as soon as the waitlist is fulfilled.

Please note: The waitlist is closed as the molds are now gone. If you messaged me and I have responded asking for your shipping address then there is no need to message again, your hammer is cast and being finished. IF I messaged you and you have not yet responded with your shipping address please do so.
    I had a goal set of getting these all done by the end of 2011. That goal unfortunately will not be met. Between work commitments, family obligations, and the loss of a very dear friend the week before Thanksgiving I have had to put the hammers on the back burner for a time. But don't worry, I will have them to you as quickly as I can when some dust settles around here.

Thank you all for your continued support of SpyMonkey Creations, Inc.
    Brian (Brian-Man)
    Jeremy (SpyMagician)
    Producer Bill (Fresh Monkey)
    I have been dying to get my hands on the new stuff since I hung out with you guys at Power-Con, I can not wait to get myself many sets.

Question on production runs, will these be larger runs than before?

WOW! that is soooo cool man i LOVE glyos! this will rock!
    so are all your molds for passed things now retired?

and very sorry about your friend man

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    I have been dying to get my hands on the new stuff since I hung out with you guys at Power-Con, I can not wait to get myself many sets.

Question on production runs, will these be larger runs than before?
    Yes. Much, much larger runs. The resin stuff was all made to order. We hand cast it as orders poured in. Now we'll have stock on hand and in larger quantities. When the order is placed we don't have to make it, we just have to ship it.

We're hoping that with the interchageablility of the new product and with the lower price point, people will want to order multiples to build as many unique weapons as they can imagine. We're also expecting plenty of crossover from the Glyos and OSM communities that may not be MOTUC fans/collectors and vice versa.
    Up, Up, & Away!

Yes. Much, much larger runs. The resin stuff was all made to order. We hand cast it as orders poured in. Now we'll have stock on hand and in larger quantities. When the order is placed we don't have to make it, we just have to ship it.

We're hoping that with the interchageablility of the new product and with the lower price point, people will want to order multiples to build as many unique weapons as they can imagine. We're also expecting plenty of crossover from the Glyos and OSM communities that may not be MOTUC fans/collectors and vice versa.
    oh dont worry, there will be people order a bunch at least i will be

and sorry about your friend, I missed that part of your post, I was so excited about the weapon details.

Heroic Warrior
    @Brian-Man

The weapons are wonderful and I can't wait to get my hands on some of the new batch, but I had a question; Would you ever think of making other accessories? Such as armor and what not? Kinda like how MotuC uses chest/arm bands, capes, that kind of stuff.

I would love to see what you would come up with!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    WOW! that is soooo cool man i LOVE glyos! this will rock!
    so are all your molds for passed things now retired?

and very sorry about your friend man
    For now yes, all of our resin items will be retired. We may do small special runs from time to time. But for now we want to focus our energies on the new product. We've worked long and hard on it and the fans have been very patient and we want to reward that by pouring our efforts into that.

Thanks, I knew the guy for almost 10 years. He was only 49. Went in his sleep.
    He was a dear friend. I'll miss him greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by RUNgZ View Post
    @Brian-Man

The weapons are wonderful and I can't wait to get my hands on some of the new batch, but I had a question; Would you ever think of making other accessories? Such as armor and what not? Kinda like how MotuC uses chest/arm bands, capes, that kind of stuff.

I would love to see what you would come up with!
    We've talked about it, but nothing ever really gets past that. Those things would have to be too specific to MOTUC and we try to steer clear of that type of stuff. Our new product, like the original stuff is heavily influenced by our love for all things MOTU but we want it to be a universal line that can work with just about any action figure.
    Last edited by Brian-Man; November 30, 2011 at 05:04pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Up, Up, & Away!

Heroic Warrior
    We've talked about it, but nothing ever really gets past that. Those things would have to be too specific to MOTUC and we try to steer clear of that type of stuff. Our new product, like the original stuff is heavily influenced by our love for all things MOTU but we want it to be a universal line that can work with just about any action figure.
    For sure. I've always wanted some accessory based Action figure line, and MotuC does it really well. With you guys throwing in supplemental material, it just adds to the greatness of it all.

Makes sense for you to keep things broad, as you supply a very niche market. If you ever do think of expanding to armor accessories, I think you will do a great job.

Blade of the Falcon Lord

Could it be...nah...but, could it?

Awesome, sounds great! Cant wait to see the new stuff.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Sorry for the loss of your friend, Brian-Man

Thanks for the update. I know I am on the list for the Chalybeous so I can wait until you are ready to complete it.

Best of luck with the new weapons, I know I am not alone in anxiously waiting for them to be released.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    I was looking forward to getting some of the stuff that is already made... where do you think I can find the older stuff?

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I'm also sorry to hear about your friend.

Thanks for the detailed update. I am very excited about being on the Chalybeous wait list and can very happily wait as long as it takes...... it'll definitely be worth it.

I'm really looking forward to the items that can go with the Space Pirate stuff. I just can't get enough of that stuff for both my Trap Jaw & Kronis figures.

I'm also looking forward to the mash-up of the Master Blade of the Empyrean and the Sword of Ages.
    The classic Master Blade of the Empyrean is the main item I keep beating myself up for not getting (I didn't get one because I never did have a Zodac at the time). I pray that's one item that makes a special limited return at some point.

The stuff I saw at power-con (WAR HAMMER!) had me really excited about new offerings. I'm very glad to hear that we are getting closer to some new releases. Lower price points, too? Heck yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    I'm also sorry to hear about your friend.

Thanks for the detailed update. I am very excited about being on the Chalybeous wait list and can very happily wait as long as it takes...... it'll definitely be worth it.

I'm really looking forward to the items that can go with the Space Pirate stuff. I just can't get enough of that stuff for both my Trap Jaw & Kronis figures.

I'm also looking forward to the mash-up of the Master Blade of the Empyrean and the Sword of Ages.
    The classic Master Blade of the Empyrean is the main item I keep beating myself up for not getting (I didn't get one because I never did have a Zodac at the time). I pray that's one item that makes a special limited return at some point.
    you and me both, brother.

I still vainly hope to come accross one on Ebay or the .org Marketplace from time to time. It is a stupid hope, but ye'goddess I want one. Stupid stupid me. But to be fair I was broke so often hard choices had to be made.

Still stupid stupid me. I still need one.

Awesome! I'm already ready to buy two of the axe/hammer based on description alone.
    The rest sound really awesome as well. Can't wait to see some pics!

And yes, condolences Brian.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Heroic Warrior
    MONKEY POWER!!!!!!!!
    I'm already sold.