Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1356

Thread: Spy Monkey Creations - Official Discussion/Photos Thread

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I thought I would put my favorite creations.

87405bf3.jpg
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    So, I have been working on my review and I come here to post it only to see Alexx' awesome pictures. Now I have post envy and I am too shy to post my review.

It is time for me to get over it so here it is;

Spy Monkey Creations - Armory Series 1
    Your photos have sold me on the Venom set - I will definitely be picking it up at some point. Nice review.
    I still don't like Bloodlust all that much, but if I'm going to get one I might as well get the other if I'm paying for the shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny12 View Post
    Question though, what part is the back of the shield? Mine had nothing attached that my figures could hold onto and I couldn't find anything in the spare parts that seemed to work right.
    Same here. I'd like to see an official photo of this.

Alexx - the bread plate of deliciousness is hilarious. =)

These builds are so awesome!

I'm still waiting for my order and I was wondering if anyone from Europe has received their stuff yet?

I'm concerned that by the time I realise that I need more sets they might be sold out
    Awesome sticker included!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Your photos have sold me on the Venom set - I will definitely be picking it up at some point. Nice review.
    I still don't like Bloodlust all that much, but if I'm going to get one I might as well get the other if I'm paying for the shipping.

Bloodlust might be my favourite. sigh I need more sets but at the moment I CAN'T pay for the 3 more I need.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Here's my first attempt at a robot. He uses parts from two sets (Venom and Cold Steel). He's "fully articulated" with plenty of movement thanks mostly to the extra connector bits included with the sets as joints.

That robot is AWESOME! It's great to see one that can be built with two different sets; I see so many that require multiples of the same sets. I'll have to try my hand at some robots!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    That robot is AWESOME! It's great to see one that can be built with two different sets; I see so many that require multiples of the same sets. I'll have to try my hand at some robots!
    Thanks for the comment Alexx. These sets are just unbelievable and truly there's an unlimited amount of stuff to be made.

There's some cool stuff that needs multiples of the same color that're cool and once I get another cold steel set I'll take a crack at a more uniform robot but mixing up two different sets is fine by me for now. With so many colors and pieces I don't think limiting a build by just one set's colors is being fair to your imagination.

BTW, your "STUPID THINGS made from cool toys" are more awesome than they are stupid. I've made a few weapons but it wasn't until the robot that I made something a little more on the fun side. I may have to take a crack at a few "STUPID THINGS" myself.

Heroic Warrior
    Mine arrived - I got one of each set to start me off (I NEED MOAR!)

Had some fun with them - nothing spectacular like most of you are able to do, just small things:

Who could this be?

Oh right, it was this guy who can't decide which sword he likes best. So now he's going to use both!

A more technological staff for Evil Lynn:

Faker is happy with his new short axe:

Hordak tries something new:

Epic battle commences!

And for last Trap Jaws thought and a surprise visit:

-------
    edited:

Had a go at creating some Spy-creatures and other weapons; here we go:

"Wall-EEEeeee - no wait wrong production line"

Sniper and loading station - or something like that

"The Reaper"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Haradrel; February 17, 2012 at 03:13pm.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Heroic Warrior
    'Mantis' attacking Hordak

I come in peace(s)

The whole gang

Heroic Warrior
    PURE TOY FILLED BLISS! I love the quirky ideas Hara

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    PURE TOY FILLED BLISS! I love the quirky ideas Hara
    These sets are really amazing. I need to get a lot more of them :\ I hope they re-stock and keep these available for a second run (and third and fourth and so on).

Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    I love this! Awesome photo.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I love this! Awesome photo.
    Thanks

That's actually the first picture I took, I knew what I wanted to set up - Made the Hammer for Man-At-Arms and had Trap-Jaw pose in a stabbing position with that insane blade of his. Also notice the decapitated Palace Guard on the ground.

Hey Brian, I hope you guys do a longer handle peice with the next set.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Hey Brian, I hope you guys do a longer handle peice with the next set.
    Yeah that would be super handy for longer constructs like pole-arms and longer weapons.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    These builds are so awesome!

I'm still waiting for my order and I was wondering if anyone from Europe has received their stuff yet?

I'm concerned that by the time I realise that I need more sets they might be sold out

I'm In Norway and my stuff took very little time to arrive this time - So you should have yours soon!

Heroic Warrior
    Here is what I find INCREDIBLE about the arrival with Spy Monkey products:

I live in Michigan, Brian and his team are in L.A., I ordered my first sets on Monday- I received them on Thursday. That is INSANELY fast shipping given the inexpensive shipping cost and goes to show that some bigger corporations could look into ways to be more cost effective like SM.

Shezar-Illumina-Crita fan The All American's Avatar

I live in Michigan, Brian and his team are in L.A., I ordered my first sets on Monday- I received them on Thursday. That is INSANELY fast shipping given the inexpensive shipping cost and goes to show that some bigger corporations could look into ways to be more cost effective like SM.

Uh oh, Mattel is going to magically cancel all subs to Michigan now, vertigoink. Revenge! Turn off the cosmic key before they find you. Just kidding.

I'm in Maryland and I got my order from Spy Monkey very quickly (3 days as well). I also ordered stuff from them last summer, they forgot to ship it and bent over backwards being nice and offering a refund when I contacted them on the order. They're a great little company! And I love the new weapons system. These pictures are great, a lot of creative folks on the forums.

Ha! I can agree with you there. Seems like it takes forever for anything to get to Michigan (I'm near Detroit). For every toy sighting I hear about, it feels like Michigan gets them months later. Granted, seems like things have picked up lately, but that's just general toy shipments. I totally agree on the quickness of personal shipments! It was impressive, as as you've already stated, gettin' stuff to Michigan seems to confuse some shippers, somehow. Like having to stop and go up rather than straight across the US is confusing.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Uh oh, Mattel is going to magically cancel all subs to Michigan now,
    Gee, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Uh oh, Mattel is going to magically cancel all subs to Michigan now.
    Oh, wonderful. Just when my sub is active again (except for the part where they charge for and send me my sub items).

Glad you guys got yours so fast. I ordered mine on the 3rd and they didn't arrive til the 16th and I live in Sacramento, CA which is only an 8 hour drive from LA. A little bit of a long wait, but you know what... it was worth it!!! This set is so awesome that I'm going to forgive the shipping time and order more next month!

Airborne warriors

I prefer Zodac to just have his blaster, but the Empyrean weapons are so cool looking. I like this sword much better than the one they used to make.

The orange on the old and new stuff is quite different. But both still look great.

A wrench for Snout Spout.

The Dread Arrow of Absurdity.

Attached Images Attached Images
    The holding, the touching. Vaal has forbidden this.
    Five Year Mission
    Eisenhower Field Day

Image hébergée par servimg.com