Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455
Results 1,351 to 1,356 of 1356

Thread: Spy Monkey Creations - Official Discussion/Photos Thread

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I fully appreciate what they are trying and succeeding in doing. Great idea with figures and weapons and stuff. Especially since glyos fans are huge. It's just so cool. And a logical step.

That being said, and again I respect them, it's not what I cared about. "making" their previous weapons with the new sets is just not true. the old pieces are awesome unique and specifically what they are. The sword of the Empyerian, the old shields, ect... just not the same.

Now I bought one of each colorway of the original weapons sets. I made some cool weapons for some MOTUC that needed them. I am fully happy about that. But to be honest most of the parts from all the sets are just wasted and sit in a box not being used. I"m not on board actually buying these new figures of theirs or glyos. If I were, the parts would find good use.

I just want cool MOTUC custom weapons. So I wish they would use whatever profits they are earning from the Weaponeers to re-produce teh original retired weapons for some fans. Even if only as a rare event once a year in small runs or something. Or make new dedicated weapons.

I'd rather spend 20 bucks on one weapon than on a bunch of random parts that I wont use most of for one weapon. Or as for their cool axe you could build from the original sets give two blades so you dont have to buy 2 sets to get one double bladed axe....sigh.

Still support them, in spirit, if not in purchases anymore.
    I feel exacxtly the same way. I've built a few weapons from their sets but most of the stuff is in a box somewhere, unused, as most of the parts don't fulfil any purpose when building weapons that are supposed to blend in with the MOTUC figures.
    I'm also still disappointed that those of us on the waiting list never got the Tytus hammer.

I would actually question the fact that this thread is still in the MOTU Classics forum and never has been moved elsewhere. Clearly, Spy Monkey are no MOT'UC customisers any more and have moved on to doing something else. Likewise, this thread should be moved somewhere else in my opinion.
    Awesome sticker included!

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    I feel exacxtly the same way. I've built a few weapons from their sets but most of the stuff is in a box somewhere, unused, as most of the parts don't fulfil any purpose when building weapons that are supposed to blend in with the MOTUC figures.
    I'm also still disappointed that those of us on the waiting list never got the Tytus hammer.

I would actually question the fact that this thread is still in the MOTU Classics forum and never has been moved elsewhere. Clearly, Spy Monkey are no MOT'UC customisers any more and have moved on to doing something else. Likewise, this thread should be moved somewhere else in my opinion.
    funny, i just found the box with my parts in them, i wasted money on these truthfully. it was fun for a few days but the parts don't do what their weapons for MOTU did in my mind
    . I'm not big into the glyos stuff, I LOVE modulok but that's a bit different. he is a character I know and love, these weapon pieces fit in OK with MOTUC but I'm pretty big on canonical weapons/official stuff. I was on that waiting list too, I'm not mad but I hate getting let down by promised, yet undelivered fan projects. I understand but it sucks when it happens. like some of the MOTU games that were plannedby fans and never finished. i get why it wasn't finihed, but to be built up and then disappointed always sucks
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    funny, i just found the box with my parts in them, i wasted money on these truthfully. it was fun for a few days but the parts don't do what their weapons for MOTU did in my mind
    . I'm not big into the glyos stuff, I LOVE modulok but that's a bit different. he is a character I know and love, these weapon pieces fit in OK with MOTUC but I'm pretty big on canonical weapons/official stuff. I was on that waiting list too, I'm not mad but I hate getting let down by promised, yet undelivered fan projects. I understand but it sucks when it happens. like some of the MOTU games that were plannedby fans and never finished. i get why it wasn't finihed, but to be built up and then disappointed always sucks
    i'm in the same boat. i ordered a number of the weapon sets when they first came out, as well as some GLYOS figures to it out. i messed around with the GLYOS stuff for about an hour and never went back to them. as for the weapons, they are all in the same box hidden away. there were only a few configurations that seemed to "fit" with MOTUC and even those left me cold.

Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I still wish they would get back to making new weapon sets.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Meh...these are cool and all..but idk.. id much rather have weapons.... id love to see some new swords axe's and blasters motuc scale...
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a DARKSIDE.