Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Spy Monkey Creations - Official Discussion/Photos Thread

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by venenor View Post
    nice review by scottycash, but while we're showing off reviews be sure to check out my review (with pics) of the sword of ages right here

as for your questions griffen i'll answer them since u posted one of my pictures.

1) spymonkeycreations inc. Have a store site thats the official site for their products. So far from my understanding its just directly through them. The poe ghostal exclusives made by smc inc. Are sold through poe's own store site.
    Thanks, so it is Just Poe and the SMC home site that sell their weapons, cool!

Quote Originally Posted by venenor;
    2)the dread axe of darkness does not have a direct owner but considering its colors its safe to say that the horde leader and his members look great with it. So does count marzo imo.
    Awesome, If poe gets some more in I will get it and with the Demon King Bloodlust Sword will add it to Hordak's Arsenal. He needs to be able to match She-Ra sword for sword and axe for axe.

As for Marzo the only thing I am ever going t add to him is a shield. He already has ranged attacks do to the amulet and close range from the sword he came with.

3) aside from brian-man i think the only other one is spymagician. I may be wrong about any others.
    Good to know they are here for customer input./

4) the handle is not modified. I used a small bit of poster tack in his hand because i wanted to show him holding both weapons. The sword fits in his right hand fine without aid.
    cool, I still need to get this and will most likely have him either holding this or his scythe in the tight grip hand. This is another guy who only upgrade, outside the SMC sword, will be a shield.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    First, I've loved the Spy Monkey accessories so far. I've purchased most of the early ones in a big lot, and I'm waiting until after the holidays to pick up the hammer/toast shield/trapjaw accessories.

A question though. Has anyone else had a sword hilt snap off? My Scare-Glow sword (white and green one) had its handle break off last week while I was putting it in SG's hand. I didn't think I was putting it under any undue pressure, and I really don't switch the weapons around often so I want to know if I should worry about any of the others should I decide to swap them in or out.
    I had one snap off the Trapjaw weapons set Sword but some superglue sorted it.

I agree with the pictorial review completely(Haven't watched the video review up there yet)

It's my first SMC item, and it lives up to the quality and feel that I've read about for the previous stuff. I like how it's slightly more rigid and pointy than the typical figure accessories that may end up in the hands of kids. It's not deadly sharp or anything, just hard enough not to bend, but soft enough that there is enough give that it won't snap in half.

The colors don't look cheap. I know some photos look gray and yellow, but it's cast in a nice silver and gold. I never do this, but I tossed aside a character's included weapon in favor of using this one for good.

Nice job, guys. I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...es/Toolset.jpg

couple things. I think that it would be great if a "local inventor that can't be named" had a set of tools to use in the shop!

the hose for the tank would be rope, so it wouldnt have any problems bending, also the tank would have two "handles" perfectly placed to sit the tank on the ground, or have it hang and clip into the back of a set of armor on that inventor.

also the other tools could be clipped on the back.

hope you guys like the idea.

the ""flame" thing reminded me, if it worked, they could use their emerald green item that they already offer, and clip that into the end of welder tool.
    THIS would be awesome!!!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Sorry If I somehow missed the answer to my question in this thread, but when is the expected sale date of the 2nd batch of The Sword of Ages on Poe's website? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainboy View Post
    Sorry If I somehow missed the answer to my question in this thread, but when is the expected sale date of the 2nd batch of The Sword of Ages on Poe's website? Thanks in advance.
    I haven't seen an exact date but I'd say aq minimum of 2-3 weeks from now because that's how long it'll take for SMC Inc. to cast out the full batch and ship it to him. And that's if they're able to get directly to making them since they're currently making the Chalybeous hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by VENENOR View Post
    I haven't seen an exact date but I'd say aq minimum of 2-3 weeks from now because that's how long it'll take for SMC Inc. to cast out the full batch and ship it to him. And that's if they're able to get directly to making them since they're currently making the Chalybeous hammer.
    Aren't the hammers done though? I mean, they go on sale in a just a few days, and I know they said they would all be completed and ready to ship once purchased Friday morning. Unless making the 2nd batch of SoA swords conflicts with the 2nd batch of hammers...I could see that being an issue. I wonder which item will take precedence...

Quote Originally Posted by Rainboy View Post
    Aren't the hammers done though? I mean, they go on sale in a just a few days, and I know they said they would all be completed and ready to ship once purchased Friday morning. Unless making the 2nd batch of SoA swords conflicts with the 2nd batch of hammers...I could see that being an issue. I wonder which item will take precedence...
    http://he-man.org:81/forums/boards/s...&postcount=336

In regards to the hammer:

The 1st batch sale date is on Friday 12/10. We only have 20 pieces up for order in the 1st batch. Those will ship as soon as same to next business day ordered. So hopefully they can arrive by the Holiday.

We're doing this piece differently than we have in the past. Rather than having open orders, which can delay the shipping if multiple items are ordered, we are producing "Chalybeous" in small 20-30 piece batches. The initial batch of 20 for Friday 12/10 is complete and ready to ship. The 2nd batch (around 25/30 pieces depending how this 1st round goes) would be ready closer to the end of January. A 3rd batch would be ready around mid-March. Then a batch every other month as long as there is a demand for this item.
    If they decide to do the swords the same way you can see the time it takes
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    http://he-man.org:81/forums/boards/s...&postcount=336

In regards to the hammer:

If they decide to do the swords the same way you can see the time it takes
    Thanks for the link, but that post you provided is in regards to the hammer, not the Sword of Ages, which is what I was asking about. I'm well aware of the time it takes to produce. But without a start date, that leaves me with no inkling as to when they can be expected. And we also don't know if they have the manpower to produce both items at the same time (although at this point, I'm going to assume they can't, unfortunately.)

I guess I'll wait to hear from the guys themselves when the next batch is estimated to go on sale. I'm sure when Poe finds out, we will all know shortly after.
    Last edited by Rainboy; December 7, 2010 at 02:37pm.

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Here is question:

When poe gets more Swords will he also get another batch of Dread Axes, too?

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    Here is question:

When poe gets more Swords will he also get another batch of Dread Axes, too?

Its official, the Sword of Ages and Dread Axes will get another release but not until January due to SMC Inc. work on Chalybeous:

http://www.poeghostal.com/2010/12/a-...#comment-31423
    Last edited by VENENOR; December 8, 2010 at 04:35am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Its official, the Sword of Ages and Dread Axes will get another release but not until January due to SMC Inc. work on Chalybeous:

http://www.poeghostal.com/2010/12/a-...#comment-31423
    thanks that is good enough news for me. I need the sword for put together DEMO-Man version 2(skeletor from the 1st four vintage mini-comics) and Hordak needs all the weapons he can get to fight the Rebellion.

Between the SMC weapons and the Weapon paks this is starting to look like a real war./
    Last edited by griffen112182; December 9, 2010 at 02:05am.

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

Sweet. January is not too bad of a wait. Nice to know that more Dread Axes will go on sale again too. Mine is currently being rocked out by Marzo.

EDIT
    - I ordered my hammer! (and two shields.)

EDIT 2 - Wow, sold out already? It's been maybe 6 or 7 minutes...congrats SMC!
    Last edited by Rainboy; December 10, 2010 at 03:09pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    Ridiculous! The Hammer already sold out.....in 15 minutes?
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

Nahh, it was 5 or 6 minutes.

Sold out already?!?! For cryin' out loud. This is just as bad as Mattel.

This "open stock" format is ridiculous. I wish SMC would just take preorders on this. Is it really that hard.

Dude they don't have factories in China. It's a three man company...

Heroic Warrior
    Supply and Demand, Mattel. Supply and Demand...
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Sold out already?!?! For cryin' out loud. This is just as bad as Mattel.

This "open stock" format is ridiculous. I wish SMC would just take preorders on this. Is it really that hard.
    Well to be fair this was a "preview" release, they basically wanted to gauge interest.

I am sure the stock in Jan will be much larger. Also this is the largest and most detailed weapon they have done to date.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Dude they don't have factories in China. It's a three man company...
    I know that DUDE.

Don't call me dude.

Can I call you dude?

I know one thing, this dude here got his order in.

Can I call you dude?

I know one thing, this dude here got his order in.
    and so did this one.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLiger View Post
    and so did this one.
    Awesome. Can't wait to get that bad boy in. Definitely gonna do another one of my reviews.

7 minutes, for 20 pieces. They went a lot quicker than we expected.
    We'll have a larger run to go on sale in January.

Like it's been said we're not a huge company with millions in assests and factories in China churning out 1000 units before lunch. We're 3 guys with dayjobs, families, and numerous other responsibilities. Only 2 of us actually have a hand in creating the final items. For this particular, SpyMagician did all the casting. Then I did all the prep, painting, and assembly. It's a very time consuming operation. But we do it because we love toys, we love making toys, and we love sharing what we've made. Would it be great to have 100 or more pieces ready to ship, sure. Just not feasable for us at our current capacity.

Plus we didn't want to run into the same issue we had with the Arsenal where people ordered, paid, then waited 3, 4, in some cases up to 6 weeks to receive product. This was a test. Almost everything we've done is experimental. We're learning as we go. We'll have more in January. We were shooting for 25-30 pieces, though after today I may have to work my keester off to make it closer to 45-50. But don't hold me to it, not making a promise just speaking my goal out loud.... well typing it any way.

Thanks to everyone who showed their support today. For those that missed out, please be patient. We don't want to let anyone down. We've got a good idea what we need to do meet demand on the next batch. We're gonna do our best to meet that.
    Up, Up, & Away!
    The Amazing Brian-Man of SpyMonkey Creations Inc.
    President & Founder of the Plundor Appreciation League