Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "Mattel can do no wrong" thread.

The "Mattel can do no wrong" thread.

Because my sense of humor is equal opportunity, I present for your enjoyment- the thread where we defend Mattel no matter how bad they mess up (<--- smily so no one can mistake the thread's spirit of jest for malice)

Me first: I know that my Roboto came with two left hands and no feet, but we all need to understand that Mattel is doing their best, so I'm just happy to have MotU again.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Okay me next...

We finally got the following: Adora, "modern" She-Ra, The Goddess, He-Ro, Grayskull.... AND a silver Sword of Protection: complete with two possible origins.

And as an added bonus, we even have Mo-Larr.

I'm really not complaining; I love this line. I'm the guy with 8 Cosmic/Mystic Enforcers. LOL!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    My turn!

I truly appreciate that Mattel are giving us a superb line of toys, based on my favorite childhood property!

And I REALLY love that they didnt wimp out and ignore NA and POP.

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I think it is beatifull to see Mattel make a line that incorporates ALL eras of Masters of the universe!

Sarcasm people...

I think the red paint app on Orko's ears are phenomenal! Great job Mattel!

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Sarcasm people...

I think the red paint app on Orko's ears are phenomenal! Great job Mattel!
    That's added realism for battle damage.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    i really love that we have lots of power swords (half and complete!) in every given color: i'm gonna build a rainbow bridge with them to connect eternia and etheria (via despondos)!

Whiplash and Buzz-Off seem to be the results of a crossbreeding experiment. Their parents must have been hippies, who practiced free love.

I'm also a big fan of mexican wrestlers having relationships with crabs...
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

I actually love MAA's Flaccid Mace! don't get me started on how much I love the half swords that DON'T JOIN PROPERLY... Just like I remembered! The stiff plastic dress on Teela is so hot! Teh Near Staction Tiny Tytus that can't raise his candle snuffer is so awesome!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I send roses and chocolates to Mattel for solving the problem my vintage Webstor had of always being displayed hanging around instead of fighting on the ground in the thick of the action. It really was an inspired choice to produce a soft grappling hook that cannot hold Webstor aloft or have him climb walls. Now my modern Webstor fights in the front lines of my display.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I love so much the new action features included in the MOTUC figures!
    The bobble head Teela« is so great displayed on the back of all fans’car!

I don't know if I'd say Mattel can do no wrong (joking or not). But the 4 Horsemen definitely have a great track record and can do almost no wrong.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    I don't know if I'd say Mattel can do no wrong (joking or not). But the 4 Horsemen definitely have a great track record and can do almost no wrong.
    Well, they sort of dropped the ball on thr female buck design IMHO. They also could have decided to be more involved in the QA part, so when the sample comes they would notice the missing sword holder on Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    The stiff plastic dress on Teela is so hot!
    LOL. Thanks Mattel for adding the stiff Teela dress on the Goddess. If it wasn't for you wisdom and foresight, I would have broken my Goddess hips by now!

I would pat myself on the back every day for knowing there are fans out there that will defend my actions as a corporation to their last breath. I mean you gotta give it up to Mattel for that. That's blind following that generally only teen heart throbs gets, haha.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

I really like Mattel's subscription service!

It gratifies real fans who are willing to purchase whatever Mattel produces. if you're not going to buy it all, don't buy anything. I especially like how they don't really tell us what characters we're buying. "True" fans don't care! We will buy anything! I wish they only sold subscriptions! During these difficult economic times, Mattel really needs to make sure that true fans have a way to express their loyalty!

When I buy the Mattel subscription, I get the same thrill I got as a kid buying baseball cards and not knowing what was in the pack. Except instead of $1 each, these baseball cards are between $20 and $40 dollars a pop! Anyone not willing to blindly buy these figures at that price doesn't deserve them!

I also like how Mattel doesn't put everything in the subscriptions: That way, "true fans" can continue to have the benefit of actually going online and buying something from Mattycollector.com (which is definitely the best all around web store there is.) Seriously, if buyers were guaranteed everything without any frustration, then "true fans" would not be able to prove themselves worthy.

I kind of wish that each year, Mattel created a special figure which fans had to cut off an appendage for, and send it along with their 25 dollars. That would really give true fans a chance to prove themselves.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Hero has such a keen look because Mattel made him crosseyed!
    With Robotos bendy weapons you can be really creative and knead what you want!
    With all the loose joints the figures really Hang Loose! Cool!

I really like how they slipped in battle damaged Roboto variants with dented heads, cracked torsos. and missing knee pins and didn't tell anybody.

It's like he fought his way out of the factory...and lost.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    ... (<--- smiley so no one can mistake the thread's spirit of jest for malice)
    Not you too, B-bone! *Sigh* Another one bites the dust...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I really love those loose joints. Mattel really knows how much I like working on my action figures and they are kind enough to let me fix them up. I feel like I'm robbing them because not only am I paying $20 a figure, I'm also reassembling them myself.

Yeah!!!
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

In before the lock.

Is there no love for the WSOD?
    For logistics?
    For the mess they make at SCC?

What I really LOVE is the new action feature first seen all over Keldor. The slimey, greasey mess that he came packaged in seemed very appropriate. It would be a shame if further figures did not benefit from this shiney, slick-mess.

Oh, & painted hands. I LURVE painted hands. You can tell just how much a figure changes their weapons just by looking at how messed up their once-pink hands looked. Kind of like judging a woman's age.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

We should pay them cash which notes which have the same bad paint job as most of the figures and this ******** will end quickly

But i love to know that i can┤t get all that i want perfectley, so they treat me right. Wonderful Job Boys!!!
    action features for action figures!

Evil Apologist of Mattel« Count Marzo's Avatar
    Mattel aint perfect (no one is) but they are doing a lot of great things with MOTU right now! I've never had a serious problem with anything they've done so far, but maybe I'm lucky, a little laid back, or a combination.

I just don't like to take anything for granted anymore because we all know what it feels like when something going really awesome abruptly fades away.

They ARE doing a great job catering to and connecting with fans than ever before and for that I can commend Toyguru and the job he is doing.
    Last edited by Count Marzo; October 26, 2010 at 03:15pm.
    -=ĄEvilC°untMarz°Ą=-
    BL┼ăK FLěW╦RŐ!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    hm... your satirical thread poking fun at complainers got shut down for no reason but i suspect the mods will let this one live... since they tend to favor the anti-mattel sentiment...