Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Out Of The 4 POP Females That Have Been Trademarked...

Out Of The 4 POP Females That Have Been Trademarked...

...whose bio are you the most interested in reading? Here are the choices.

Catra
    Sweet Bee
    Castaspella
    Glimmer

Difficult one- either Catra or Castaspella for me, although I'd be interested in reading Glimmer's.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I agree, it's a tough choice, but, I'm gonna go with Catra.
    Does Galactus fart?

Castaspella. I'm hoping it'll be as close to her Filmation story as possible, with her being trapped in the body of an old woman and her kingdom ruled over by an evil sorceress.

I'm thinking Sweet Bee. Can they use her Filmation origin? Will they shoe-horn her into Buzz Off's race (please no, but have seen it done so many times in FF)
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Probably Catra. It'd be insanely cool if she could have her German audio play origin, but I'm fairly sure Mattel don't know or don't care that those exist. Maybe her two-panel origin from the UK comics?

As for Sweet Bee, I imagine she'd be tied in with the Andreenids. They've not given any character made so far in MOTUC a "Filmation" origin, so I don't expect them to with any of the girls either. Though I guess it depends on what Mattel feels is "their" concept as opposed to Filmation's.

Pity Casta's origin can't use Shadow Weaver either way.

I'm very excited for Catra's bio, but I really can't wait to read Sweet Bee's bio too...

Casta's can obviously refer to Mystacore and her being a Queen of her realm and, of course, the Horde. I think Mattel can make reference to her training without mentioning Norwyn and Shadow Weaver to keep the door open for the Filmation rights.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Heroic Warrior
    Catra.

I hope we get some back-story on her role with The Horde and some information about her powers and skill-set and maybe even her rivalry with Force Captain Adora.

Cheers.

Heroic Warrior
    Glimmer for me just because I love her and any Rebellion Brightmoon Royal info would be cool, I think Casta would be next because of her history and I enjoy her as well. Catra I feel like they are aren't going to give us much info on for some reason other than mention she's part of the Horde and give some general Horde info and say she's jealous of She-Ra. Sweet Bee I'm curious about, and won't complain if she is related to Buzz Off and his race somehow, I'd guess their races would be cousins but not the same. Not sure what else they could say abut her, maybe that she likes He-Man? I am curious how far their bios will go beyond the Etherian borders and into the overall MOTUC story. I want a good bit of info on both.

I think all of those bios could be fairly interesting actually. I guess for me, it's a toss-up between Catra and Glimmer. As Haephestus mentioned about Catra, it'd be cool to get a better idea of Catra's/Glimmer's powers and what exactly they're capable of. I think, out of the 4, those two would also have the most info in their bios as to what exactly is happening on the Etherian side of the fight against evil. If I had to choose one, I'd go with Glimmer, just because I think MOTUC is going to really turn her into an awesome figure, both with the 4H sculpt and an interesting bio.
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    i'm going w/ catra b/c she is the most anticipated figure to be released in my book.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Such an interesting question, particularly since many of us suspect that Mattel already has full or partial FILMation rights. The POP girls are really where these suspicions could start bearing fruit....or where we lose all hope.

With that in mind, my vote goes to Catra. Depicted as nothing but a jealous brat in the mini-comics, I'm interested to see what the bios have in store for her.

Catra then Castaspella. Catra is first BECAUSE I desperately want to see her as a Horde member! Castaspella (along with Frosta) was one of my faves from the first wave of figures...plus, I loved her in the cartoon. Although, I don't think her bio will have any reference to Light Spinner.

As for Glimmer and Sweet Bee, although I'm happy to see any and all POPs released, these two would be at the bottom of my list. Though, I'm sure there will be some mention of Glimmer as a higher-up in the Great Rebellion. I think I'd like Sweet Bee more if they were somehow able to incorporate her into the Adreenids...without getting too soap-operatic here, maybe a lost love of Buzz-Off or his queen? I always made Buzz-Off Sweet Bee's husband as kid. It just made sense.
    Last edited by LostIt2Bostik; October 13, 2010 at 04:22pm.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Such an interesting question, particularly since many of us suspect that Mattel already has full or partial FILMation rights. The POP girls are really where these suspicions could start bearing fruit....or where we lose all hope.

With that in mind, my vote goes to Catra. Depicted as nothing but a jealous brat in the mini-comics, I'm interested to see what the bios have in store for her.
    Very interesting points !
    Besides to be a huge Casta fan, i´m eager on any of whose bios.
    Because of the points, you´ve mentioned.

I would say Glimmers bio, is the Great Rebellion her idea? Is she still second in command as Adora is only leader in and not leader of the Great Rebellion? Has she been properly trained with her powers and if who did that? only Angella or maybe someone else too?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Catra
    Catra's bio would be interesting because of her many layers. I'd like to see her magical powers referenced. Despite being a member of the Horde, Catra is a villainess in her own right.

Castaspella
    If Mattel had the Filmation rights, then Castaspella's bio might be more interesting because it would mention Shadow Weaver. Maybe they can do some new things with it. I'd love to hear how the POP characters interact with the Masters or Galactic Protectors. Maybe Casta is the go-to sorceress since the Sorceress is stuck in Grayskull and Orko is low level. Now that I think about it, Casta could be a major player...imagine a Castaspella vs Count Marzo fight! Or Casta vs Evil-Lyn!

Glimmer
    I don't think it would mention anything that we don't already know. Maybe the bio can elaborate on her many powers.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Catra's. I'm interested if they explain where her mask comes from.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Catra for sure!
    http://decorvo.mybrute.com

Nothing represents more the unexplainable vacuousness of the human race, than the unfounded and arrogant blind faith in the ruthless and narcissistic transcendence of itself.

Wish list; http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=166721

I wonder if Sweet Bee will have a connection to Buzz-Off.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Though they all are interesting, I'd go with Catra.

Did she and Adora serve together or was she Adora's replacement? Is there a rivalry? Why is this beauty so jealous??? And does her shield have any connection to Carnivus' people?
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Catra...villains are usually more interesting and better than their protaganist counterparts.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I don't know which to choose...they will all be very exciting!

Catra: Will she only be a Horde Force Captain who can transform into a cat or will they also mention how she's a powerful sorceress commanding her own legion of cat and cat-like minions? Her mask origin will be interesting too. In Filmation, Hordak stole it from the Queen of the Magicats and had her sent to the slave mines of Horde World. In the PoP toys, Clawdeen (Catra's evil cat) taught her how to become a cat before she left on her journey to see the world many years ago.

Castaspella: Will they mention how she was evil originally (early stories, promos and foreign magazine stuff), or vaguely mention her evil, identical cousin Allepsatsac? ...or will they somehow work in her rivalry/arch-nemesis Shadow Weaver...

Glimmer: Will we learn anything new about her, about her light powers, about her enslaved father, is he the Red Knight?!

I don't know. I'm going to have to go for Catra because she has two distinct looks and histories (where the others are basically the same), so I'm most curious to see what happens with her.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I think I am most curious about Glimmer's right now... does she have a longer name? what are her powers? what is her rank in the rebellion??

I do not expect them to answer many questions with Catra's bio... of course they SHOULD, but they won't.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    Though they all are interesting, I'd go with Catra.

Did she and Adora serve together or was she Adora's replacement? Is there a rivalry? Why is this beauty so jealous??? And does her shield have any connection to Carnivus' people?
    Maybe when Adora served the Horde, Catra was a solo villaness, always jealous of and in competition with Adora. When Adora defected to the Rebellion, Hordak recruited Catra to the Horde as Force Captain as the perfect counter to Adora´s leadership of the Rebellion. Maybe she even used her silver toy based mask while on her own, but then Hordak gave her the magical red mask from the cartoon as a gift when she joined.