Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 69

Thread: Faceless One held back; someone else taking his palce

  1. #1
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    21,910

    Faceless One held back; someone else taking his palce

    Answers to WTFWTK 2.47!

    While you said you currently can't discuss any figures pass King Hsss, it was previously stated that the Faceless One was tentatively scheduled to be released in May 2011. Is that still the case?

    Actually, no. He slipped out a month or more. He had more development than expected and the Horsemen asked us to swap him for another character in the 2011 line-up who would be easier to do.
    It's official...FO held back. I guess the female bonus figure might NOT be 200X Evil-Lyn? Maybe it's Blonde Bikini Teela?

    The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

    Sagitar (Jetlag) Azdar Belzar Chazdar 200X Evil-Lyn 200X Teenage Prince Adam 200X Teenage Teela 200X Sorceress General Rattlor (MYP) 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena Ice Armor He-Man WMD Roboto

  2. #2
    Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dark Hemisphere - Texas Region
    Posts
    4,111
    That's too bad , I was hoping for May to have a father/daughter release Faceless One/ 200X Evil-Lyn.

  3. #3
    Hungry for Hunga! Scorpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,967
    I'm keen to see 200x Evil-Lyn, but I'm hoping for Catra or Castaspella, given the TMs. I'd also assume this is the POP gal the 4HM were referring to recently.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

  4. #4
    Heroic Tough Guy Colton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    ACC
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I'm keen to see 200x Evil-Lyn, but I'm hoping for Catra or Castaspella, given the TMs. I'd also assume this is the POP gal the 4HM were referring to recently.
    THIS .... !!!

    Didnt our fellow .org member expected Catra to be there on SDCC ?
    According his "secret knowledge", she shouldnt be far away .... i mean ..... come on ..... im dying to see her fig finally

  5. #5
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    29,490
    Queen Marlena is always a possibility too for the monthly slot. She would be pretty easy to do.

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    6,141
    It's going to be a MOTUC RockinHard figure.

  7. #7
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    21,910
    I wonder about that May female bonus figure...

    Since it's a BONUS figure, it's gotta be a variant of Teela, Evil-Lyn, The Goddess, She-Ra or Adora. I thought it was 200X Evil-Lyn because the Faceless One would have been coming out on the same day. It still might be since it's only the Faceless One who has been changed. However, Mattel could hold 200X Evil-Lyn back as well, if it IS her in that slot, so that TWO places will have been swapped.

    The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

    Sagitar (Jetlag) Azdar Belzar Chazdar 200X Evil-Lyn 200X Teenage Prince Adam 200X Teenage Teela 200X Sorceress General Rattlor (MYP) 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena Ice Armor He-Man WMD Roboto

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    It's going to be a MOTUC RockinHard figure.
    ...An orange Ram-man with red legs? Well, the pre-Filmation people will be happy!

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,464
    Aaah that's too bad. I've been looking forward to him since they announced him for 2011. But as long as he comes in 2011 it's fine and maybe then we'll see Catra sooner due to the switch. That would be nice too. But I'm also keeping in mind it could be Sweet Bee since she has been trademarked a while back too right? Can't wait!

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    309
    Can anyone shed light on why the Faceless One would be difficult to do? I'm just curious, but if I had to guess I'd have to say because he doesn't have a face?

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In the mitten.
    Posts
    3,431
    Actually, no. He slipped out a month or more. He had more development than expected and the Horsemen asked us to swap him for another character in the 2011 line-up who would be easier to do.
    You know what- I am okay with that. I'd rather they do him up to the Horsemen's standards than to push him out anyways just to fulfill the original May release. He is coming in 2011- that is all that matters to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilt View Post
    Can anyone shed light on why the Faceless One would be difficult to do? I'm just curious, but if I had to guess I'd have to say because he doesn't have a face?
    Robes, I would imagine. Trying to give him some movement, while keeping close to his robed look.

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilt View Post
    Can anyone shed light on why the Faceless One would be difficult to do? I'm just curious, but if I had to guess I'd have to say because he doesn't have a face?
    Yeah I thought it would be his face too. It has some facial features but is mainly just white or ghostlike. Maybe the same whitish plastic used for Scarglow only not Glow-in-the-dark. Or why not, would be cool. Just wonder how the 4H will do his face and he has a lot of detailing on his clothes and a huge cape. And he MUST come with the Ramstone, preferably in a translucent green plastic.

  13. #13
    Spirit of She-Ra ! Angel-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cornwall, England
    Posts
    4,513
    The female bonus figure could also be classic toy or Starburst She-Ra, Horde Force Captin Adora, Blonde DC Teela, 2K Teela or Teela-Na. There are quite a few possibilities which seem just as likely as 2K Lyn now the faceless one has moved from his may slot. Personally I am hoping for Catra or Queen Marlana in the may spot.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

    I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

    IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canterbury, UK
    Posts
    1,005
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I wonder about that May female bonus figure...
    Do we know for sure that it's going to be a bonus figure?

    I remember Toyguru saying that the May figure was female. Didn't we all then assume that he was talking about a bonus figure because we thought the Faceless One had the monthly figure slot for May?

    If there's no Faceless One coming in May, then that opens up the possibility for the figure being any of the available females.

    Or did I miss something?

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In the mitten.
    Posts
    3,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I remember Toyguru saying that the May figure was female. Didn't we all then assume that he was talking about a bonus figure because we thought the Faceless One had the monthly figure slot for May?
    Or did I miss something?
    I too thought the Faceless One was being bumped from May for a female figure (non bonus). This news, now says it is likely that the Faceless One might not be the June figure either.

    Why does everyone assume it is going to be a bonus figure? More to the point, what does any female figure have to do with the news about the Faceless One release?
    Last edited by Steph; November 2, 2010 at 11:15am.

  16. #16
    Loves/Hates ♠ DO4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Robes, I would imagine. Trying to give him some movement, while keeping close to his robed look.
    Most likely. Just took one quick glance to My ML Mandarin and remembered why Robes can be a pain in the neck on a line with shared bucks.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    6,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    ...An orange Ram-man with red legs? Well, the pre-Filmation people will be happy!
    I would crap myself silly if that were true . . .

  18. #18
    Rebel Jubilation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,513
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I wonder about that May female bonus figure...

    Since it's a BONUS figure, it's gotta be a variant of Teela, Evil-Lyn, The Goddess, She-Ra or Adora. I thought it was 200X Evil-Lyn because the Faceless One would have been coming out on the same day. It still might be since it's only the Faceless One who has been changed. However, Mattel could hold 200X Evil-Lyn back as well, if it IS her in that slot, so that TWO places will have been swapped.
    Has it been stated that the May female figure is definately a bonus figure then?

    I thought it was just said that there would be a female figure in May and then people started to assume that it would be a bonus figure.

  19. #19
    Evil Lord of Dorkdom skeletom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Jackson, Michigan
    Posts
    1,218
    A real bummer for me, but as long as he's still coming this year, I imagine I'll survive.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

    "I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

  20. #20
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    21,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Do we know for sure that it's going to be a bonus figure?

    I remember Toyguru saying that the May figure was female. Didn't we all then assume that he was talking about a bonus figure because we thought the Faceless One had the monthly figure slot for May?

    If there's no Faceless One coming in May, then that opens up the possibility for the figure being any of the available females.

    Or did I miss something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I too thought the Faceless One was being bumped from May for a female figure (non bonus). This news, now says it is likely that the Faceless One might not be the June figure either.

    Why does everyone assume it is going to be a bonus figure? More to the point, what does any female figure have to do with the news about the Faceless One release?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    Has it been stated that the May female figure is definately a bonus figure then?

    I thought it was just said that there would be a female figure in May and then people started to assume that it would be a bonus figure.
    That would be MY fault, Neil, Steph and Jubilation. Which I apologize for.

    I thought that the Faceless One was STILL the May figure, so that the female character would be the bonus figure. If I was wrong on my assumption, I was counting on Toyguru to come to the thread and correct me. Now with the news of FO being held back, I guess May's figure is a NEW FEMALE CHARACTER.

    Here it is...

    http://thefwoosh.com/2010/10/ask-matty-101510

    5. Since you confirmed that, once again, April 2011 will have a male Masters figure can you tell us what month we will be getting another female? We know you said 4 would be out in 2011, but man, it is going to be a long time since She-Ra.

    The next female will be in May 2011. Also, initially She-Ra and Bow had opposite releases to spread out the females more. (So Bow would have been the second POP figure in June 2010.) Since 2010 was She-Ra’s 25th Anniversary we decided to swap them. That is one reason there has been a gap in females. It wouldn’t have been such a gap if She-Ra was in January 2011 as originally planned.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; November 2, 2010 at 11:45am.

    The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

    Sagitar (Jetlag) Azdar Belzar Chazdar 200X Evil-Lyn 200X Teenage Prince Adam 200X Teenage Teela 200X Sorceress General Rattlor (MYP) 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena Ice Armor He-Man WMD Roboto

  21. #21
    Heroic Warrior kagamigod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,388
    I really hope it's Catra or Glimmer.

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    309
    There are still the 200x Evil Lyn weapons in the pak, I'm still going with her. Also still think Man-E will be April given his weapons coming. Why have the weapons without the figs?

  23. #23
    Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Planet Eronia
    Posts
    18,036
    Think his face would work better as a cool hologram or as glow in the dark plastic?
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

  24. #24
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    841
    Im pretty sure the Bonus figure will be a new She-Ra with "Ability to be sitting on Swift Wind" actionfeature
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

  25. #25
    Heroic Warrior Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In the mitten.
    Posts
    3,431
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That would be MY fault, Neil, Steph and Jubilation. Which I apologize for.
    That is okay. I was gone for the weekend and thought I missed something.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •