Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gbagok's Art Dump

Gbagok's Art Dump

Okay, I've tried to avoid something like this, but I don't know how long it's going to take before Iceman and I are ready to put up our next project, and it's been a while since I posted anything new. So I thought I'd finally share some really old artwork.

Here are some redesigns that I've chucked and redone. One for Jarvan, Fangman, Zilora, and Ollo (these three would have been in a project called the Time Corridor, but if Iceman and I ever do that it will be with newer redesigns than these).

Here's my (more recent) attack on the two faces of Horde Prime.

Here are some designs for characters that didn't make it into the Book of Evil. Since these are also old, I think I will go back and redesign them if I ever include them in a story. Tauron was actually intended for a Powers of Grayskull era story, as one of Grayskull's early antagonists (since I think he was shown in the distant past when She-Ra went back in time and met Granamyr, but it was probably just a recycled character model). Celice just looks dull to me and unworthy of the character, but it was nice to draw something and see what doesn't work.

Here's al old version of the Enchantress (not how she looked in the Tour of Eternia).

And speaking of the tour, here's one of the Mintarans who we saw in the episode "Of Machines and Men." I hate this drawing, it's too stiff, but it's also a few years old so I've redrawn him for whenever I can get back to the tours.

Here are some faces I drew to make into avatars for DJ Force...gosh, it's been over a year since I did these. I'm not sure if he's used them or if he wants more yet.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Excellent work GBAGOK. I swear your linework changed as the thread progressed, Jarvan feels a lot thicker in line, maybe its just my poor eyesight

I especially loved that you included Zilora. I only justed watched the first season on DVD, and was reminded of her.

Horde Prime looks damn amazing coloured and very creepy as well. Why the two heads though?
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Great art, as usual!

How long you draw those characters?

Firstone remindsme a little bit to Ratar-O from the thundercats (That's the look from his face).

Zilora and Ollo are really close to what they looked like in the episode The time corridor, of course they are well adapted to your drawing style.

I love what you've done with Celice and Tauron, and the Enchantress looks cool too and that Mintaran creature.

About the faces... I love number 3, 4 and 5!

I like the way you place shades to your drawings. Easy outline and the rest of the art takes place in its colors and the way they are mixed is really cool. You are not affraid of using multiple and different colors and that's what I like. They all match among them.

Congrats! Eventhough you say they are old, they look really good and fresh, at least to me!

Enjoy,

Oscar
    What the heck, I am just another rebel!

O'hartley

I always like your art man. It has a nice animated feel to it.

The first face of Horde Prime reminds me a bit too much of Galactus though.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

A big fan of Slush Head
    Oh my Gwad!!!!!!

Dude Celice rules bro, what are you talking about!! Wow you made her look amazing Kudos bud really. I enjoy your stuff alot specially since you redesign Filmation Characters in an awesome and respectful way.

Thanks guys, I'm glad they aren't total dreck then! But I still want to go back for most of these characters. I've already redone a few.

Super-munkyboy, Horde Prime was said to have two heads in one of the She-Ra episodes. Of course they also showed Hordak getting him two ties, which wouldn't really work if he had two faces on one head...so my version doesn't really work that way. I know there's a Galactus element to him, but I love Galactus and since they probably will never feature him the way he was meant to be featured again with the whole "Ga Lak Tus" junk, I guess I couldn't stop myself. The thicker lines on Jarvan are because he was inked at a lower resolution originally. I try not to work lower the 350 dpi now.

This is a drawing that I never worked out. He was another character intended for the Grayskull era story, but he kind of looks like a harpie mixed with one of Shadow Weaver's Darkriders. So if I ever get this design together I may put him on Etheria instead.

Here is an old attempt at Granamyr. I tried to combine the original design with the MYP take on dragons. It's really rough, he doesn't look like Granamyr to me, but I think my more recent efforts are closer.

Here's a couple of other Darksmoke redesigns that I have since either tossed or don't know when I'll get around to finishing.
    Brindle

ShadoWing. I know, it's the US Godzilla! I was trying to be different, but he never felt like Shadow Wing to me.

Lyra. As you can see I was kind of going for an arabic look to Brindle and Lyra. I wanted to get away from the generic look of the originals, but I didn't really like how Lyra turned out. I think the costumes are all over the place too, so I will need to rework those some day.

Lyra and Torm

I've never been a big fan of the 'fat' dragon style.. I thought it always took something away from them.. but despite that, Granamyr looks pretty freaking awesome. (And Shadowing looks a lot like my Khirisanth.. same Godzilla look. )

I love your style man.. but I love your coloring so much more. I tried Cel-shading, but I could never quite get it to look right. Something about yours is just freaking perfect.

It makes me wanna crack open yer skull and feast upon the gooey innards.

Gbagok, Those are just too damn amazing! I especially love Jarvan, Granymyr & the Enchatress designs. And that detailed Galactus-like Horde Prime is Freaking Awesome. Its always a treat to see such Amazing stuff from you.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Yay! Lots of POG and other ancient Eternia goodness

Great work all around!

Mind if I use Zilora as "albulm" art on a future podcast? (Credited to you, of course).

Great job on her especially in any event!

D/L
    "I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed."

-The Scarecrow, The Marvelous Land of Oz.

Not only does it apply nicely to Masters, but is probably a deep truth.

Powers of Preternia Podcast Video Series
    http://www.youtube.com/user/destrong...s?feature=mhum

Awesome work, as always, Gbagok! Even your sketches are better than most of my finished work!!!
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

Wow! Ive seen a lot of these already but there are still some new ones to my eyes. Awesome. Wasn't that Fang Man based on my redesign?

I LOVE that Horde Prime head!!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Doha, Qatar, Arabian Gulf ... clearly no where near the US of A ... in case you were curious... not suggesting at all that your geography skills are bad... I'm just saying... anywho...
    I second Iceman's comment. That Horde Prime is magnificent.
    I love your work gbagok.
    You're one talented so and so
    "Milk is for babies" - Arnold Schwarzenneger

Cool stuff Gbagok. I like Ollo's design the best.

Wow, finally some new stuff from you. I like Granamyr the best.

Iceman, yes that's the one based on your Fangman! Yours wasn't so skinny though, and that's what I think doesn't work about my version. Hey, did you get my last e-mail?

Here are some more avatars.

Man I'm loving all these!

That Granamyr is superb and ypu did one of my favourites, Zilora!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Okay, I've tried to avoid something like this
    Ummm....why!????

Widget
    Beautiful work Gbagok. Your interpretations are amazing.

Heroic Warrior
    Wow, those pics are awesome.

DJ will drop you a line soon
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

love your style man!!!!!!!
    Coming Soon ..... Fuerza-T Masters & "The Great Divide" Story
    Passion Designs Inc

Add me-Facebook, Feedback!

gbagok--

it's really hard to believe that these are the "rejected" designs!

your drawings are clean and lively, and your sense of design is amazing. but if i had to pick one thing that really knocks my socks off, it's got to be your sense of color.... clean, crisp, and vibrant, never over-saturated or dull.

TOP NOTCH, MAN!

keep the "rejected" art coming!!!
    Visit my sketchblog at its new URL: JASONBOT.com!

*rightclicksaverightclicksaverightclicksaverightcl icksaverightclicksaverightclicksaverightclicksaver ightclicksaverightclicksaverightclicksaverightclic ksave*

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog