Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vehicles: Top 3 "most played with as kid" VS. Top 3 "most wanted in MOTUC?"

I only had 2 vehicles when I was a kid: Battle Ram and Road Ripper. Because of pure nostalgia, they are the vehicles I want most in MOTUC. The only other vehicle I remember really wanting as a kid was the Talon Fighter so that would be my third most wanted vehicle for MOTUC.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by flaming_knob View Post
    On a side note. I remember have a vehicle that was red which had a grey track looped over the entire vehicle. I can't find it anymore or remember the name or if was even a MOTU but I always used it as a MOTU vehicle. Does anyone remember it???
    OMG I totally vaguely remember the vehicle you're talking about!
    I just know that it wasn't MOTU, but it was probably compatible, and I think I'm even picturing one from one of the toy/Christmas catalogs from which it had an advertisement in! In a way I'm thinking that is was a better suited design for the Attack Trak, and it's gimmick was based on how a tank moves on two tracks, but this vehicle only had one large one as you said, that actually went around the entire cab, correct?

EDIT: OMG I did a little investigating and just found a pic(#14) of it! This is what I was thinking of, is this the one you were thinking of as well?

Trundaxx! It's the awesome remote-controlled vehicle that moves forward and reverse.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/59/19...2d6705be_o.jpg
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/62/19...731e5ae6_o.jpg
    Last edited by Neutro; November 4, 2010 at 04:49pm.
    – No comment.

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Neutro;2570113]OMG I totally vaguely remember the vehicle you're talking about!
    I just know that it wasn't MOTU, but it was probably compatible, and I think I'm even picturing one from one of the toy/Christmas catalogs from which it had an advertisement in! In a way I'm thinking that is was a better suited design for the Attack Trak, and it's gimmick was based on how a tank moves on two tracks, but this vehicle only had one large one as you said, that actually went around the entire cab, correct?

EDIT: OMG I did a little investigating and just found a pic(#14) of it! This is what I was thinking of, is this the one you were thinking of as well?

Trundaxx! It's the awesome remote-controlled vehicle that moves forward and reverse.

That is totally the one!!! Ahhhh, the memories are flooding back. It was soooooooooo cool.

Cheers Neutro, they should totally make a MOTUC figure about you called Sleuthor or De-tector!
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Quote Originally Posted by flaming_knob View Post
    That is totally the one!!! Ahhhh, the memories are flooding back. It was soooooooooo cool.
    I gotta say I'm a bit jealous of you since I never had one, but it does look like it would've been totally fun, even more fun than some of the actual MOTU vehicles!
    Cheers Neutro, they should totally make a MOTUC figure about you called Sleuthor or De-tector!
    Ha! Thanks! That would be cool, yet there are many other just as qualified if not more so than myself, motu sleuths around here! And I do have an idea for an actual Neutro character/figure which has been forming in my head for some time, that I would one day like to flesh out a complete design for....
    – No comment.

As a kid, my top 3 played with vehicles were the following.

1: Landshark - A toy that can 'eat' other toys. Awesome
    2: Bashasaurus - Smashing stuff was always fun.
    3: Blaster Hawk - I never grew bored of launching those bright orange disks around.

As for the top 3 that I want in MOTUC.

1: Battle Ram - Didn't have it as a kid, got 2 as an adult because it's so cool. 2 vehicles in one? Sweet!
    2: Landshark - Still cool after all these years!
    3: Starship Eternia - It's both a vehicle and a playset! It would be huuuuuge! I'm a sucker for big vehicles/playsets.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

1. Talon Fighter
    2. Battle Ram
    3. Land Shark

Ones i never had but really wanted ....

1. Fright Fighter
    2. NA Terrapod
    3. Spydor
    Last edited by Atomicdios; November 4, 2010 at 03:55am.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I only ever had Land Shark. I would like an update but the online exclusive means it'd cost a fortune. But at the very least they should make it a bit more detailed and make the giant laser guns removable to be used as rifles. Even so, the limited leg articulation due to the fuzzy shorts means it'd be hard to sit anyone in it.

And just because it's semi-relevant...
    http://www.spike.com/video/land-shark/2802070
    I would sooner gouge my eyes out with a heated spoon than watch Jem. I consider it to be a terrible cartoon. There. I said it.

If I'm wrong with the classifications, sue me, I cant seem to see the distinction in some of these examples.

1) favourite ever was Spydor. He was just so cool and massive. He lit up, and the sound of the motor excited me. Walked, ect. Crap, it was the "leader" to me of the three buggy-ish black and red monster vehicles being Monstroid & Roton. This thing isnt even rememberd by many (ok, basically all) of my friends. I owned it and I loved it.

2) Easily Battle Ram. I loved it shot that missle with a face. I loved how the one part (the sky sled) came off and you still had a (admittedly not as cool but still useful) land vehicle. It seemed perfect as a chariot for a great and powerful warrior. My He-Man always rode that rather than Battle Cat, who I liked as a character but never as a steed. I actually played with this more than Spydor in the long run, so it was nearly my number one, but Spydor has lived in my halcyon memory with the same godlike awe I had of it since I was a kid. I'll admit that I'd want the Battle Ram first as a toy.

As a point of contention I'd say Battle Bones should really be included. Yes it's a beast, I suppose. I played with it as such. But it was also my third favourite vehicle I think. But I'll ignore it. I'm mentioning it because my loyalty to it implores me to.

3) My real number 3 would be a toss up. Roton was great becase it looked like Spydor's little sidekick monster vehicle and I've already stated my bias tword Spydor. His spinning blades always impressed me. Action features were such a strong point. And you cant beat black and red. But the Dragon Walker was so much more impressive. That was justa great cool toy. Of course, mine never worked great, and it didnt really look as good as I like to think it did, because of it's action feature. But conceptually, and seeing those adds. That thing was so rad. And large. But they both were so great for different reasons, I just really like the ones I felt were great mixes of tech & monster without being too much of either. Though I did love the animal details of ones I felt were purely tech, like road ripper & battle ram.

Frankly I played more with Stridor than either in the long run, because it didnt have an action feature to break (in any fashion I recall) but I cant in good faith make this on the list, as said.

I will add that I have no reall love fore vehicles I never possesed, like Mantisaur, or Talon Fighter. I just have no concept of them (except I wanted point dread just to add to the castle.) I'll also add that some I think I did have, like Bashasaurus or Land shark I never really liked. Oh I had some fun with the shark mouth feature, ect. But I think some of them (like those two) didnt straddle the line between creature & vehichle well enough, so it looked messy to me.

Heroic Warrior
    MOST PLAYED WITH:
    1) Attack Track
    2) Road Ripper
    3) Dragon Walker

MOST WANTED:
    1) Battle Ram
    2) Wind Raider
    3) Attack Track

Most played as a kid in no particular order:

-Point-Dread/Talon Fighter
    -Battle Ram
    -Wind Raider

Most Wanted:^ the exact same ones... Then again, I'd love to see all vehicles made, especially the Landshark, Attack-Track, and Spydor.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Faves as a kid-
    1.Wind Raider
    2.Road Ripper
    3.Sky sled

what I want now-
    1.Talon Fighter
    2.Wind Raider
    3.Sky Sled
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Most Played as a kid:
    DRAAA! GOOOONNNN! WAAAAALLLL! KEERRRRRRR!
    I can still hear the noise it made in my head.
    LandShark
    Bashasaurus

Most wanted in MOTUC:
    Battle Ram (or at least the sky sleds)
    Roton
    Dragon Walker or Land Shark (can't decide!)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

As Kid:
    Battle Ram
    Bashasaurus
    Spydor

As MOTUC Collector
    Battle Ram
    Wind Raider
    Jet Sled (does this count or is it an accessory? if not then Road Ripper)
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Battle Ram
    Wind Raider
    Land Shark or Attack Track (either of these)

I don't know if Stridor would be in the vehicle class or what. If so replace the 3rd option with Stridor.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    A little hard to talk about "most played with" since I was a college student when I was buying MOTU , but I'd go with:

Battle Ram: if there's a quintessential, defining vehicle in MOTU, this is it.
    Dragon Walker: this thing moved like no other toy ever made, and it worked well for it. It certainly wouldn't get you anywhere fast, but it was one of the most original designs I've ever seen.
    Attak Trak: Another one with a unique way of moving; this one actually could get you somewhere pretty fast.

As far as what I think is possible for MOTUC:

Battle Ram: We already know what it could be thanks to the Horsemen's sample at SDCC.
    Road Ripper: I think size is going to be a limitation here, so the Ram is probably going to be the biggest thing we could get. THis one would be smaller, but still very cool.
    Attak Trak: about on par with the Ram in size, you could still have the signature movement even without a motor (I'm sure you could get the action to work pushing it along by hand).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Most played with as a kid:
    1. Battle Ram
    2. Attack Track
    3. Dragon Walker

Most wanted in MOTUC:
    1. Battle Ram
    2. Attack Track
    3. Dragon Walker

Honorable mention to the Talon Fighter but I figure, if there's no Grayskull for it to sit atop on, then I don't want one. And I was never a fan of the Wind Raider.

Played with:
    Battle Ram
    Talon Fighter
    Land Shark

For MOTUC:
    Battle Ram
    Attack Trak
    Land Shark (or Roton maybe)

I think wind raider should be the first one, since it was the first vehicle to come out back then as well. After it: Battle Ram (heck its already done), attack trak and road ripper (its the smallest)

Me and my bigger brother we only had the Wind raider, the Battle Ram and Battle Bones when it comes to vehicles.

So i guess those three are my most played with as a kid.

Friends of mine had lots more so i played with those when i was there...

My favorite ever was the Fright Fighter so this is my wanted first, then Roton and i always like the Talon Fighter.

So in List form:
    Back than:

1.Battle Ram
    2.Wind Raider
    3.Battle Bones(which doesn´t count, i know)

Now:

1. Fright Fighter
    2. Roton
    3. Talon Fighter
    Last edited by Niki; November 4, 2010 at 02:47pm.

My most played with as a kid:
    1) Dragon Walker
    2) Bashasaurus
    3) Road Ripper

Most wanted as an adult:
    1) Wind Raider
    2) Battle Ram
    3) Talon Fighter

I didn't really care about the vehicles when I was younger, I was more interested in the figures and playsets.

3 most played with as a kid:

Wind Raider
    Talon Fighter
    Attak Trak

3 most wanted in MOTUC:

Wind Raider
    Battle Ram
    Talon Fighter

Read what's in RED below for help answering... :)

(NO BEASTS, CREATURES or MECHANICAL BEASTS/CREATURES – just for the sake of this discussion,
    I will be using He-Man.Org's Classification system for this,
    which means NO Stridor/Night Stalker/Battle Bones/Mantisaur/Turbodactyl/Tyrantisaurus Rex/Bionatops/the meteorbs, etc...)

[Note: POP had no vehicles, only creatures]

So I've read every single post thus far, and I've tallied up the results on both sides (play Vs. want in MOTUC) for those interested. (...and thanks synthalus for your tally efforts)

I did my best having to make the executive decision on some answers. I was forgiving for some who just couldn't choose between two vehicles; I gave marks to "both" sides when a "one-sided answer" was "ambiguous," but marks to only "one" side when the answer was "clear." And I did allow the "accessory" Jet sled to be considered a "vehicle" since clearly it can be both, as well as the Starship Eternia which is also clearly both a "playset" and a "vehicle.".

The Results thus far...

Top 3 "Most Played With as a Kid"

1] Battle Ram – 21

2] Wind Raider – 14

3] Attack Trak – 11

Land Shark – 10

Dragon Walker – 9

Bashasaurus – 7

Road Ripper – 5
    Roton – 5
    Spydor – 5
    Talon Fighter w/Point Dread – 5

Laser Bolt – 2

Blaster Hawk – 1
    Fright Fighter – 1

Top 3 "Most Wanted in MOTUC"

1] Battle Ram – 31

2] Wind Raider – 21

3]
    Tied: Land Shark – 12 and Talon Fighter w/Point Dread – 12

Attack Trak – 11

Roton – 6

Dragon Walker – 3
    Fright Fighter – 3
    Road Ripper – 3
    Spydor – 3

Bashasaurus – 1
    Battle Chariot (Pre-Filmation) – 1
    Dreadwing/Shuttle Pod – 1
    Jet Sled – 1
    Laser Bolt – 1
    Starship Eternia – 1
    Terrapod – 1
    Last edited by Neutro; November 4, 2010 at 07:29pm.
    – No comment.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Favorite as Kid

Wind Raider
    Battle Ram - Only for the Sky-Sled though.
    Attack Trak

Most Wanted

Wind Raider
    A "real" Sky-Sled in the Filmation style...
    Attack Trak
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

My Top 3 most played with:

1] Talon Fighter

2] Attack Trak

3] Battle Ram

Vs.

My Top 3 most wanted for MOTUC:

1] Battle Ram (although I could make due with just a Sky Sled)

2] Wind Raider (I switched this with the Talon Fighter since, without Castle Crayskull, there's no place to put Point Dread)

3] Attack Trak (I wouldn't mind any Attack Trak; the vintage toy, the vintage model design, or even the Filmation version)
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Top 3 as kid

Spydor
    Laser Bolt
    Attak Trak

Most wanted in Motuc

Battle Ram
    Laser Bolt
    Wind Raider