Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 024 Discussion!

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 024 Discussion!

Episode 024 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, "Pixel Dan" Eardley, Nathan Baertsch and Eamon O'Donoghue are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

First, we talk about the problems with MOTUC Roboto.

Then, we dive into fan voicemail!

After that, we discuss more MOTUC bios. This time, King Grayskull, Eternian Palace Guards, Chief Carnivus, Mo-Larr, Toothless Skeletor, Buzz-Off, Shadow Beast and Battle Pigeon.

Also, don't forget to vote in the "Should Battle Cat/Cringer talk in a new live-action movie" poll!

A few "highlights" of the show:
    • Kerfuffled!
    • Havin' a laugh!
    • Bzzzzzzzzz!

Plus, fellow He-Fan josh on the forums has created this fantastic Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations which contains a ton of info about the show, with all the info about the Fanart, Fansites and Collectibles of the week, along with links to sites and user profiles of interest, and also details on how to contact the show with your feedback. Be sure to check that out!

And as always, you'll enjoy some extra seasoning with this episode's Fanart of the week, Collectible of the week and Fansite of the week!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Direct link for Episode 024

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed

What a kerfuffle!

Dammit, gotta wait till the evening to download it.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Warrior
    Great episode, it was very entertaining...

Thumbs up!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    • Gotta agree about the mystery, guys.

Although I love sourcebook and bios books like the MOTU Encyclopedia, DC Secret Files, Who's Who, Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe and others, I think some creations are purposefully let mysterious and it works.

I was a big fan of Castle Grayskull being built by unknown hands, rather than Tytus building Castle Grayskull 500 years ago. Now, Grayskull seems less mysterious as it's only Grayskull's palace that the Orb is held in, not the trap filled foreboding fortress that housed the Power of the universe somewhere past all of those dangers.

• My favorite mini-comic era was the Alcala and Texiera books. I like the more Thundarr the Barbarian-esque times.

• YAAAA!!!! A Blonde Bikini Teela reference from Eamon!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; November 5, 2010 at 10:26am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Great episode as always! I can't listen to Eamon without cracking up :-)

On the Palace Guards: Lt. Spector refers to the guard who's face was modelled after Scott Neitlich. Spector originally was the name of the character Scott submittet to the "Design a character" contest back in the 80s. So the mention of Lt. Spector is just an addional nod to Scott for everything he's done for the line.
    Cheers,
    TuShan

My Deviantart Page

I'd buy a Battle Pigeon figure

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLiger View Post
    I'd buy a Battle Pigeon figure
    I'd buy 10!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I liked the MYP origin of King Grayskull, that he always had the power, but didn't realize it til he really needed to save Eternia. He discovers it out of noble reasons.

How do you tie this to the Sword of He? Well it's still a special sword because it can absorb and hold the essence of warriors. All the He-Men before Adam passed down their own heroic essence, skills, and knowledge into that sword. Adam as He-Man slowly uncovers them all one by one, such as the different armors.

How do you tie this into the mysterious and powerful Castle Grayskull? It's still a powerful fortress that can harness and hold everything in that orb, which includes the powers of other He-Men.

I think you are getting slightly confused with the power because you are mixing continuities. In MotUC there is no Brother of Zodak that gets eaten by King Hiss. In MotUC there is no word that the Elders turned into an orb, only that they didn't keep their physical form. In MotUC there is no Power within King Grayskull, he only adds a "security device" (his essence) to the sword.

In MotUC "by the book" it is quite clear, I think...

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    ALL HAIL QUICK FART
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I think you are getting slightly confused with the power because you are mixing continuities. In MotUC there is no Brother of Zodak that gets eaten by King Hiss. In MotUC there is no word that the Elders turned into an orb, only that they didn't keep their physical form. In MotUC there is no Power within King Grayskull, he only adds a "security device" (his essence) to the sword.

In MotUC "by the book" it is quite clear, I think...
    Zeehlar IS in MOTUC. He just isn't mentioned in Zodak's bio. Toyguru mentioned this in one of the RGD threads awhile ago.

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I reject the notion of Word of God.
    ...what?
    I got a major Dune flashback. "God created Arrakis to train the faithful. One cannot go against the word of God."

Anyway, yeah, you're right. Sometimes we jump ahead and make assumptions on a few topics even though that info hasn't been clearly spelled out in MOTUC.

Heroic Warrior
    I agree, what you said about the Army Builder stuff.

If they would make a head set, with new Guards heads, there could always be a motivation to buy the Guards again and again...

Yeah they could keep rereleasing the guards with different heads and armor or just different heads every time.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Battle Pigion was spotted today in Southampton. Even I, the ferociously egotistical Eamon was humbled when my eyes caught this truly stoic being.

I mean, just look at him........

It's like he's not even doing anything and it's riviting!!

Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    ...what?
    I got a major Dune flashback. "God created Arrakis to train the faithful. One cannot go against the word of God."
    "Father! The sleeper has awakened!"

awesome podcast as ever guys! ...

not really digging the roboto criticisms ... mine is perfect, and the best motuc figure so far - in my opinion, at least ... i guess i don't really get hung up on the intricate and finer details of the figures, i collect this line for enjoyment and nostalgia ... but i have to say on a side note, nate - i respect your customising knowledge! very informative ... there are some awesome custom works out there ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

About time I see people using these "Like" buttons at the top of the thread for Facebook, etc. I thought I was the only one who used them...

I understood most of this episode and I liked it but I can hardly understand English when speaking. especially eamon , he speaks at warp speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Battle Pigion was spotted today in Southampton. Even I, the ferociously egotistical Eamon was humbled when my eyes caught this truly stoic being.
    LOL! How epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    "Father! The sleeper has awakened!"
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    not really digging the roboto criticisms ... mine is perfect, and the best motuc figure so far
    You got very lucky, my friend! If you had one of the Roboto's a lot of other folks have, I think you would feel different.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    About time I see people using these "Like" buttons at the top of the thread for Facebook, etc. I thought I was the only one who used them...
    Emiliano hooked us up with a cool feature, that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    I understood most of this episode and I liked it but I can hardly understand English when speaking. especially eamon , he speaks at warp speed.
    I believe Eamon lives a warp speed life.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    That Buzz-Off pronunciation, particularly Eamon's, was hilarious. And I don't, if ever, laugh at this podcast. Not saying I'm not amused sometimes, but don't laugh. But Eamon's pronunciation made me crack.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

Eamon's there to break through your cold, callous exterior!

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Yes, you know I love nothing more than to visualize Eamon with his red hair, whispering that "Bzzzzz . . BZZZZZZZZZZ. . Bzzzz" in my ear so sweetly, to think about Dan wrestling around me in his tighties (I'll pretend I know nothing of real wrestling and mma as he does his thing), and of course, you, with your eloquent speaking voice . . . mmmm I can't wait until the next Gobble Dinner (pun intended). You three men complete me!
    Last edited by RockinHard; November 5, 2010 at 11:15pm.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

Is it just me, or is it getting weird in here?
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!