Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Canceled their 2010/2011 Subscriptions/Orders Due to Ongoing QC Issues??

Anyone Else Canceled their 2010/2011 Subscriptions/Orders Due to Ongoing QC Issues??

I'm really just curious... And I don't want sound like a "Debbie Downer," but I also feel that, like they say, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease..."

I have recently canceled all of my remaining 2010 subscriptions (beginning in October with Roboto which I now don't have) and am also considering doing the same with my 2011 subscriptions. I must admit that the declining QC with this line is the main motive for my canceling theses subscriptions, however, there are other factors as well...

First of all, these figures just aren't cheap, and I honestly don't have as much disposable income as I had when this line began 2 years ago. So that makes it all the more important that I really feel that I'm getting my $20 per figure's worth...

Secondly, it just seems that as the production numbers have inevitably increased for each subsequent monthly figure, the QC has proportionately declined.

Thirdly, the QC issues may not have been such an issue, if dealing with Mattycollector.com CS reps weren't worse than "pulling teeth," just to get a replacement for justifiably defective figures – not to mention even trying to accomplish even the simplest of requests, like to even outright cancel an order, or make a change to one, or to try to correct one... (I should just post the ridiculously incompetent emails I have received from them – and this is even after I've tried calling them in person – and I'm still unsure which method is worse: dealing with an incompetent and rude CS rep over the phone, or dealing with a short and incompetent rep through email!)

...And I am a very patient and understanding, person, not to mention a loyal and valuable customer who has already spent a small FORTUNE (up until September, anyway) collecting this line. And because I feel that I am so patient and understanding, that it feels even worse when I've taken my valuable time to slowly articulate my exact problems and requests over the phone, (and then when that has failed) again over email, that even when I was "assured" first over the phone, and once again over email, that the problem was/would be fixed, and then was not, that I feel like a total fool that has been taken for a ride and has spent amounts of my valuable time all to end up back at square one, with nothing accomplished! It just boils down to: collecting this line is SIMPLY NOT WORTH THE STRESS AND HEADACHES!

I mean it really, does, suck, that I now intend to continue collecting this line through the secondary market, or simply not at all! As much as I love the MOTUC line for what it aims to be, the joy of actually collecting it has slowly been sucked out of it...

Like I said, I hate to be a downer, but I just feel if people don't speak up, than Mattel will simply collect their checks and have their way with us! I for one one will no longer be taking it lying down....

So back to the topic of this thread... Has anyone else been this drastic and canceled their subscriptions, and/or decided to stop ordering from Mattycollector.com?
    – No comment.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Why would I cancel something I signed up for so I do not have to deal with the monthly BS of being around a computer on the 15thish every month? Especially since when I start student teaching in Aug I'll have no chance of ever being near one in the mornings on weekdays.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I'm out. I'm letting my 2010 sub finish out and I'm done. I've sold off my entire collection and I haven't bought anything except the monthly subs. And I sell those off as I get them. I feel like I was released from a life prison sentence. I was checking the matty site constantly for news, getting on the computer every month to try and get the bonus figs, I'm so done and loving it. I love MOTU, but man these are just toys, I never realized how stressful collecting this line really is until I was out of the game.

I didn't cancel my 2010 sub. But QC issues was the main reason I didn't sign up for a 2011 sub. I'm going to be a cherry picker from here on out. Now that I'm free, if a review of a figure is unfavorable (like Roboto) I have the option to skip it rather than being obligated to pay for a sub-standard figure.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I'm not getting the 2011 sub after buying the 2010 because the teasers weren't exciting enough for me. I'll get Bow somehow but really not bothered with Vikor, BA Sleletor or Preternia Disguise He-Man.

I'd check the T&C before you cancel if I were you. I was under the impression that you were tied in for the year simply by signing up...didn't bother me at the tine because I wanted Adora that much but it was always going to be hard to top that.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I didn't cancel my 2010 subscription, but mattycollector did!
    They made errors for several months with my sub. I received monthly email errors,
    and eventually I received a subscription cancellation e-mail in September.
    I didn't bother to email or call them AL ALL because I had to deal with their horrible CS before, and didn't feel this is a big deal, as long as I get what I pay for which luckily did happen past all their errors...

I am actually quite happy about it because now I am able to save tons on shipping.
    With the upped production on MOTUC and all the extra's that are being released in these last months, it is pretty awesome.

For 2011, I still have the MOTU & GB subs. Since that is almost all in, I'm still A-OK with it and am glad I got it. The first half of the year is most likely going to be a repeat with low production numbers again to warm all non subbers up for the next sale of the 2012 sub at sdcc.

The QC is bad, it's all over the place but I personally just can't miss out on these awesome figures. They are replacements of my childhood figures, the ultimate version since I basically dropped all of the vintage for MOTUC.
    So far other than a 2 left winged Stratos (thanks again for the right-wing trade Amberbratt! ), most where fine, just lots of loose ankles and some other loose joints. Oh and a Wun-Dar with a scar on his eyebrow! If I get bad luck with really bad QC issued figures, I'm not sure what I'd do yet. I will bug CS a lot if that happens though. We're shelving out $27.80 per figure, that should give us satisfied quality for that high a price!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

I contemplated leaving the line when I missed BC but haven't really had an ordering problem since. I was angry but really it was because I couldn't be at the computer at the sales date. The one other time I had an issue with my credit card expiring DR had a new order sent to me within 2 weeks. The two weeks was stressful but looking back I shouldn't have let it become so for toys.

As for the errors- the toys still exceed my expectations and at the end of the day they are just toys to me so while I can say I don't like something on so and so on the whole the figures are still too cool. Errors like reversed digital patterns on Roboto'd biceps don't bother me. Things like Green Goddess being all crumbly is more worrying but my copy has yet to break and my cats have helped her take a nose dive from the top shelf two or three times.

I have a 2011 sub for both GB and MOTUC and I'm glad I do. The only thing I find stressful about this line is the ordering. The Sub takes care of the majority of it and I now have a couple friends willing to order for me things like the Palace Guards if I'm on a business trip or stuck on a plane like with Battle Cat.

I think the only thing I'm getting out of DCUC. I can't buy them on Mattel's site and Canada sucks at stocking them. I played the buy from the secondary market for GIJOE and regretted it.

Not canceling or out of the game yet, however, 2011 will be a probationary period, and if I get too many stinkers I'll cherry pick from 2012 on. I don't want NA figures at all, and Vikor, BA Skeletor, and Time Traveling He-man are not doin it for me. Also Panthor isn't the version I wanted nor am I too happy with the sculpt. So I will sell those off rather fast when I get them. (to domestic buyers only, sorry intl, folks.)

Nope, no QC issues on any of my figures yet. So the 2011 sub will be great.

Closest I guess is Carnivus who had a loose shield in the package, but that doesn't really count.

I cancellede due to them cancelling 200x heads. The 200x heads that looked weird with classics body meant too much to me.

Heroic Warrior
    Nope. I'm annoyed and willing to complain loudly that QC needs improved, but honestly I love the line enough that I'm willing to forgive a couple sloppy paint apps and an arm reversal that I would never have noticed if I hadn't been told.

Mind you, there would be a break point at which I would reconsider buying more of the line if it continues, but for now I'm still happy.

Ive been back and forth on this line since the 200X head issue. I really dont care about half the figures i have. Depending on any reveals before the end of the year, I may cancel my subs. I got 2 and so far I only like Conan and BA Skeletor.

Hiss really disappointed me. I dont care aobut She-ra stuff or the good guys of NA.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Very seriously considering cancelling the '11 sub. I haven't even opened the last 3 figures I've gotten from Matty as I am sick of opening figures and being unable to display them because they can't stand on their own. Mattel needs to step forward and say exactly what steps they are taking to counteract this horrible QC on the line or I am out.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Honestly haven't seen a problem beyond ordering on the site, and I remedy that with the subscription. The QC thing seems like a myth to me. Yeah, I know there are folks getting bad figures, but the complaints range from loose ankles to completely broken figures, and no one is gona sort out all those complaints (like: how many are broken beyond repair, and how many are just loose joints?). From what I've seen, there are very VERY few (out of, say everyone who buys these figures, and I don't have those numbers) that have been getting bad figures. And by bad I mean broken. I don't count some loose joints as QC issues, because I have yet to find a toyline that doesn't have figures that have some loose joints. The difference here is that we can't look over our figures in the package first before buying, so the ones with issues don't stay on the pegs like normal. So, when someone gets a bum figure (and gets it replaced, I might add) they show everyone and state thier case. Sad part is, the case gets out as news and everyone blows it out of proportion.

So, in the long run, I don't count myself "lucky" that I have barely had any problems with QC. I count myself as the norm. So no, I'm not gona quit due to QC issues, and if I run into any horrible ones, I'll ask for a replacement and, according to QC issue cases so far, I'll get one.

Disclaimer: this in no way makes fun of or talks down to those who will be quiting because of repeated errors that bother them. I'm strictly talking about quiting under the claim of QC, and not about the other numerous problems regarding the site and sale of the figures. Plenty of reasons to leave this line; none that make me want to leave, but I understand when there are those that do.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

No issues really to complain that much about. I said it before though, there are those that just got caught up in the hype and will leave when the hype just isn't there for them anymore.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

I didn't sign up for 2011. I'll pick and choose. I don't want every monhtly figure, let alone all the bonus figures. I MAY have considered a sub if there were options (monthly, monthly+bonus, monthly+beasts, or all in), but the drive is to get people to buy everything, which is BS.

Happy to pick and choose. Worst case scenario, I wait for the rerelease. Shove it Mattel.

Heroic Warrior
    how do you go about cancelling?

they precharge your card ($20 or $40 each subscription I forget?) or did you just eat the hit?

Didnt the fine print say they wont cancel or you cant cancel a subscription once purchased?

Heroic Warrior
    After I got my She-Ra that can't keep her head on I was seriously bummed out, still am. Considering just gluing her head on at this point. I got it replaced but gave the new one away to someone that couldn't get her with the rationale that all the neck pegs were bad, so why bother keeping one from this run. Then the disappointing (for me) lineup at SDCC solidified my not getting the 2011 sub. I didn't cancel my sub (you really can't cancel per se, right?! not that I would have anyway, I make a commitment and I stick to it) but I have sold most of my figures since SDCC-will keep Grizzlor though because of his relation to PoP. I don't think people should cancel their cards and all that, just sell on the ones you don't want and don't risk anything. I wouldn't sell the figs I already have, I do love them and will keep them and continue to get any I like like Bow and whoever else comes down the pipe I'm into.

Most of my figures have been pretty good quality, but I feel like a lot of people are getting figs that aren't so great.

I'm not sure how folks are quitting. Here are my guesses:

1. If you're using a pay-as-you-go debit card, just stop putting money on it. Many folks have gotten cancellations that way. Probably the best way to go on things like this.
    2. Change debit or credit cards. My bank gives me the option to switch between 2 card providers, so if I switched to another provider today, unless I updated my Matty sub, there would just be an outdated card to charge.
    3. I've heard from a few folks who complained enough times about shoddy QC that someone from DR or Matty (don't remember) just let them cancel the sub.
    4. Possibly take advantage of your state/country lemon laws. Many folks use this to get out of bad cellphone contracts. Basically, if you are sold bad product (a lemon) then your contract is null and void. Depends on where you live, however.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by hordeall View Post
    how do you go about cancelling?

they precharge your card ($20 or $40 each subscription I forget?) or did you just eat the hit?

Didnt the fine print say they wont cancel or you cant cancel a subscription once purchased?
    Well, I first called mattycollector CS, and subsequently emailed them as well when they continued to try and pre-authorize my credit card after I was assured the orders were canceled. The reason I gave them was "Quality Control" or "Ongoing Poor Quality" of the figures I've been receiving, (or something along those lines, not sure of the exact wording I used) and eventually, I received email confirmations that the orders with the subscriptions would be canceled. Mind you, dealing with their CS department over the phone isn't as smooth as it should be, nor was it through email, but my only suggestion would be to keep on them until they get it right. It is very unfortunate because this can be quite inconvenient for most people who don't have all the time in the world to spend dealing with a company's CS department, but that is sometimes the price we must pay when we get into a contract of this sort with a company.

And the bottom line is, I don't care about the "fine print" of the contract when one side of it is not being held up, which in this case, is the promised and advertised quality of the products that we agreed to commit to buying from them. If we are not getting the same level of "quality" product that we signed on for, then we should be able to cancel the contract, and receive a refund for any returned defective product already received. That is just good business. All the 'headaches' involved to get to that point however, I guess are just part of the 'risk' taken when we originally agreed to the contract. And maybe the fine print does give them option to cancel or not cancel your contract with them at their discretion, but let's just say they opposed canceling your contact, your next step would then be to take them to small claims court, and honestly, everything considered, such as the bad PR that it would bring them, I'd imagine that it would simply be much much easier for them to simply void the contract and refund any money for any returned defective product.

Oh, and as for the $20 fee, well that was for Wun-Dar which I had already received so that wasn't a concern, but I'd imagine you should get that back on your 2011 subscription since you would not have received that figure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilt View Post
    After I got my She-Ra that can't keep her head on I was seriously bummed out, still am. Considering just gluing her head on at this point.
    I know this is a pretty widespread problem with this figure, but what I did is, I put just a tiny drop of olive oil on the neck peg, just enough to coat the ball tip of it, and her head went back on rather smoothly. Now I don't know what the long term effects might be of that tiny bit of olive oil in there might be, but it was a 'quick fix' that worked.
    – No comment.

Covering She-ra in oil?

This works, you say? ......
    Last edited by Barbecue17; November 11, 2010 at 03:20pm. Reason: just because
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I have two 2011 Subscriptions currently awaiting a call back for cancelations.I have sold off my entire collection after the flocking Panthor incident.For my Birthday I got the two tru twopacks ,Molarr and since bought Whiplash,Trapjaw and the subs.I thought perhaps my love would be rekindled but after the Bow advert,Roboto mess and the fact I just don't like Mattel's qc has caused me to sell the few figures I do own. IMO Mattel has gotten sloppy with MOTUC line and the unique sculpts are few and far between.I will buy Buzz-off because I love Buzz-off but that is where I get off.

I have found great toys like Gi Joe PoC figures and Marvel Universe to be really fun figures with exceptional qc and all for under ten bucks.I am sure Hasbro has thier issues but for under ten dollars I am less inclined to complain.

Yeah, I'm done too.

It took me a while to even "like" this line when it started. I think in an odd way, I convinced myself to like it. I came around for a while but I just ain't buying it anymore.

The lack of unique sculpts and new features with the repeated reuse of parts has become boring as hell.

Figures like Roboto, Buzz-Off, Webstor and Evil-Lyn - these are characters that should be interesting sculpts BUT THEY AREN'T. They're just enhanced better-articulated copies of their vintage counterparts. Plus, for what you get, the price tag is too high. Well, at least in my sense of value.

Peace out, homies.

Later bro, call me.

nope! no way man! the line is still rockin hard. still have a 2010 sub and signed up for two next year.
    only problems are the ones that go across the board. roboto's shoulders and one of my gygor's had limp wrist.
    sculpts are great and i'm hoping the line lasts for a long time. motuc is still my favorite line out there today and the only thing i really care to collect anymore.

They're just enhanced better-articulated copies of their vintage counterparts.
    pretty much the point of it all bro.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg