Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice Cartoon

Young Justice Cartoon

Okay so I've heard that the series will be taking the place of Batman: The Brave and the Bold, but does anyone happen to know the premiere date? The last I heard it was supposed to start airing in November sometime.
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Why can't WB run two DC animated productions side by side anymore??? It seems they are always canceling one successful series in order to introduce a different one. Well, I suppose one plus will be that Batman is supposed to play a big part in Young Justice, but Brave and the Bold is good enough to stay on the air along with another series.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Well I watched some of Brave and the Bold but it wasn't my cup of tea, I didn't despise it as much as I did Teen Titans, but it was far from my favorite cartoon. It's sad though thinking back how long BtAS StAS and even Justice League ran and now to see that most of the newer ones only last 1-2 years. Sure The Batman ran for like 4 seasons (and I was just getting used to that one by the time they pulled it) but they were only like 12 episode seasons. Forget thinking of having an animated DC property last more than 2 seasons, I'd settle for a quality DC property series lasting more than 30 episodes.

I have but one question

will Lil-Lobo and Beast Boy be in it?

cuz that would at least be a step in the right direction.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    Forget thinking of having an animated DC property last more than 2 seasons, I'd settle for a quality DC property series lasting more than 30 episodes.
    Both The Batman and The Brave & The Bold have 65 episodes.

borrowing from Markatisu's research

Batman TAS - 85 episodes
    Superman TAS - 54 episodes
    Batman Beyond - 52 episodes
    Static Shock - 52 episodes
    ZETA Project - 26 episodes
    Justice League - 52 episodes
    Justice League Unlimited - 39 episodes
    Teen Titans - 65 episodes
    The Batman - 65 episodes
    Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes - 26 episodes
    Krypto the Superdog - 39 episodes
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    borrowing from Markatisu's research

Batman TAS - 85 episodes
    Superman TAS - 54 episodes
    Batman Beyond - 52 episodes
    Static Shock - 52 episodes
    ZETA Project - 26 episodes
    Justice League - 52 episodes
    Justice League Unlimited - 39 episodes
    Teen Titans - 65 episodes
    The Batman - 65 episodes
    Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes - 26 episodes
    Krypto the Superdog - 39 episodes

I assume from that we're not counting the evolution of BTAS into TNBA? Because that would knock the total up to something like 111, I think?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

According to wikipedia NTBA (The New Batman Adventures) was 24 episodes, and Batman TAS was 85.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Both The Batman and The Brave & The Bold have 65 episodes.
    You know I don't keep up with B&tB...

But I meant in general the days where seasons were 20+ episodes and aired daily to make it seem even longer - not the more recent trend of 12-13 episode seasons that air once a week and are off air for an extended period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    I have but one question

will Lil-Lobo and Beast Boy be in it?

cuz that would at least be a step in the right direction.
    No, it's not actually based on the Young Justice comic, they're just using the name. It's Superboy, Robin, Miss Martian, the new Aqualad (I hear he'll be the acting leader), Kid Flash, and an apparently new character named Artemis who is a blonde female archer but is not Cissie King-Jones or Mia Dearden, nor is she the red-headed Amazon named Artemis in the DCU.

They've also mentioned that Speedy/Red Arrow will appear and images seem to indicate that the original Aqualad/Tempest and Mary Marvel may also appear. There are 16 members of the Justice League in this series and one of them is Zatara, which makes me think Zatanna may actually be part of the YJ group at some point. The producers also let slip that not all the members will survive.

Robin being so young and still being Grayson looks so wrong. This is a specific alt reality in DC, right?

My guess is Artemis's days are numbered, and maybe Superboy's too since he died in the comics. He came back though, so that counts as "surviving," right?

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Robin being so young and still being Grayson looks so wrong. This is a specific alt reality in DC, right?

My guess is Artemis's days are numbered, and maybe Superboy's too since he died in the comics. He came back though, so that counts as "surviving," right?
    All I know is I will be upset beyond words I can get by the censor here if they give Artemis Arrowette's storyline instead of giving her one of her own. If they do go down the Cissie almost killing two men who hurt her teacher causing her to quit being a superhero because she didn't trust herself they should have just kept it as Arrowette instead of bringing us a new character.

It takes place on Earth 16, so no it isn't the DCU proper. And although Robin looks young, he'll be the most experienced of the cast, having been active for about four years prior to the series.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    1. i hope it doesn't suck
    2. it survives longer then 12 episodes

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    The producers also let slip that not all the members will survive.

Yeah, anyone making any sort of show nowadays gets in it their head that a bunch of characters need to get killed off here and there. I really see no point to it, ESPECIALLY in a show that kids will probably be the biggest part of the audience. What kid is going to want to see their favorite character(s) bite the big one??
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

They've said that the Artemis is an existing character in the DCU, but won't say who. The best theory that I've read is that she is Artemis Crock, daughter of the Golden Age Huntress, who is now the JSA villainess, Tigress. Perhaps this Aretmis will be Young Justice's own "Terra."

They've also said that Wonder Girl will be showing up eventually. When they first started the show, they did not have access to Wonder Girl, but now they do.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    They've said that the Artemis is an existing character in the DCU, but won't say who. The best theory that I've read is that she is Artemis Crock, daughter of the Golden Age Huntress, who is now the JSA villainess, Tigress. Perhaps this Aretmis will be Young Justice's own "Terra."

They've also said that Wonder Girl will be showing up eventually. When they first started the show, they did not have access to Wonder Girl, but now they do.
    That's great news! Wonder Girl is my fave! Well, Donna Troy, but I also like Cassie.

Also, great theory about Artemis Crock! I'd forgotten all about her and she was an archer!

Well I just found out that Cartoon Network is going to air a special one hour preview on Nov 26th to launch the series, but the article I read also said that they still haven't given it a weekly slot, and that it might not start airing regularly until 2011.

Whoopsie! Looks like they accidentally revealed that Artemis IS Cissie King aka Arrowette! Arrowette is a DREADFUL name. I'm not mad at them for changing it, but it's odd to choose a name that is so common.

Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    Whoopsie! Looks like they accidentally revealed that Artemis IS Cissie King aka Arrowette! Arrowette is a DREADFUL name. I'm not mad at them for changing it, but it's odd to choose a name that is so common.

Check it out!
    Well this makes me happy. I still wish they would have kept the old costume. This one makes her look more like a green version of her Dark Arrowette costume, or a more Green Arrow influenced version. I could see them wanting to change it a bit because her costume did show a lot of skin.

Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    Well this makes me happy. I still wish they would have kept the old costume. This one makes her look more like a green version of her Dark Arrowette costume, or a more Green Arrow influenced version. I could see them wanting to change it a bit because her costume did show a lot of skin.
    It's also mostly red and most of the others also have red in their costumes (as did all of the original Titans), so this helps her stand out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    Yeah, anyone making any sort of show nowadays gets in it their head that a bunch of characters need to get killed off here and there. I really see no point to it, ESPECIALLY in a show that kids will probably be the biggest part of the audience. What kid is going to want to see their favorite character(s) bite the big one??
    but adults who watch the show and demand that it be made for them will be pleased by it.

but in all seriousness The DC toons have a pretty good track record the last 20 years giving a mix of good writing and acting for adults and a fun series for kids. Starting with Batman TAS they've taken a bit of the japanese mentality that toons can be taken serious. I think thats a good thing, but there is room for both.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

The Premiere is tonight at 9, but it looks like we'll have a real DC vs Marvel because the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is having a marathon at the same time. I haven't watched that show yet, but it looks almost as sharp as YJ. Kind of a win/win for comic/animation fans with DVR!

The Premiere is tonight at 9, but it looks like we'll have a real DC vs Marvel because the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is having a marathon at the same time. I haven't watched that show yet, but it looks almost as sharp as YJ. Kind of a win/win for comic/animation fans with DVR!
    2 episodes of GI Joe, 2 of Transformers and the Firebreather movie as well.

Crazy night of animation.

That. Was. AWESOME!!! Aqualad = Azzkicker Supreme!!! I can't WAIT until the next episode! I... oh, guess I shouldn't spoil it, but, I guess I'll just say it definitely left me wanting more!