Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice Cartoon

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    WOW that was a niceely made episode

Yeah, it was pretty good. I was surprised by how good the production values were, especially after looking at the Avengers cartoon. I liked how awkward Superman was with Superboy, very good dramatic tension for such a complex situation. That was something that was kind of missing from their original encounter in the comics (to be fair, there was a lot going on for Supes at that time having just come back from the dead and all). Robin still feels too young to me. I'm wondering who it was that the League was relieved Batman did not bring though.

I wasn't sure about the old Affirmative Action! Comics approach once again to include a black version of a character that had once been white (only as a different character completely), but Aqualad turned out pretty darned good I thought. I can see why they chose to make him the leader based on how they worked everyone else. Plus I've read he might be (highlight to read) Black Manta's son! That'll just be all kinds of awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Yeah, it was pretty good. I was surprised by how good the production values were, especially after looking at the Avengers cartoon. I liked how awkward Superman was with Superboy, very good dramatic tension for such a complex situation. That was something that was kind of missing from their original encounter in the comics (to be fair, there was a lot going on for Supes at that time having just come back from the dead and all). Robin still feels too young to me. I'm wondering who it was that the League was relieved Batman did not bring though.

I wasn't sure about the old Affirmative Action! Comics approach once again to include a black version of a character that had once been white (only as a different character completely), but Aqualad turned out pretty darned good I thought. I can see why they chose to make him the leader based on how they worked everyone else. Plus I've read he might be (highlight to read) Black Manta's son! That'll just be all kinds of awesome!
    Batman was commenting to Martian Manhunter that it was MM that was probably relieved that he didn't bring Miss Martian, who popped up at the end.

And your story about Aqualad's parentage is true. His mother is Siren, Mera's sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    Batman was commenting to Martian Manhunter that it was MM that was probably relieved that he didn't bring Miss Martian, who popped up at the end.

And your story about Aqualad's parentage is true. His mother is Siren, Mera's sister.
    It was Green Arrow who made the comment, but I think you're right that he was talking about MM bringing Mary Martian and not Batman at all like I thought.

Cool about Aqualad too!

Heroic Peace Officer Eternian Knight's Avatar
    Aqulad to me seemed forced. I love the interaction between
    Superman and Superboy. Robin I feel is underused and Kid
    Flash I thought was dead on.

I can't wait for more episodes, this is a great episode.

If 'Teen Titans' had to look, and tone of 'Young Justice', I probably would've liked it more since the 'anime sight gags' can get fairly annoying at times.

This is absolutely amazingly well made.

Is this going to be repeated? Tivo didn't record it for some reason
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    Is this going to be repeated? Tivo didn't record it for some reason
    Check youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    2 episodes of GI Joe, 2 of Transformers and the Firebreather movie as well.

Crazy night of animation.
    yup agreed. I dvr'd and watched young justice, gi joe, transformers, firebreather and the avengers. I felt like a 10 yr kid again with all the awesome cartoons premiering at the same time(the avengers had a 2 part 'season' finale).
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    Check youtube.
    thank you...

Was that Conroy voicing Batman? And did I see TWO Green Lanters? And why is Zantana a guy?
    Geek Media -

Was that Conroy voicing Batman? And did I see TWO Green Lanters? And why is Zantana a guy?
    1)I don't think that was Conroy, just a good soundalike.
    2) Yep, Hal Jordan & John Stewart.
    3) That's Zatanna's dad.

And why is Zantana a guy?
    Like RP said - her dad, Zatara. Predates Zatanna by nearly 30 years. Debuted along with Superman in Action Comics #1.

Was that Conroy voicing Batman?
    No it was Bruce Greenwood, he did the Bruce Wayne/Batman voice for Batman Under the Red Hood DTV
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Like RP said - her dad, Zatara. Predates Zatanna by nearly 30 years. Debuted along with Superman in Action Comics #1.
    Ahh, K. don't know the history of her character...
    I didn't think it was Conroy....at times it sounded like him, and others the voice cracked a bit....thanks for confirming
    Geek Media -

Ahh, K. don't know the history of her character...
    Everyone's guessing this means Zatanna will actually be in YJ.

I wasn't sure about the old Affirmative Action! Comics approach once again to include a black version of a character that had once been white (only as a different character completely), but Aqualad turned out pretty darned good I thought. I can see why they chose to make him the leader based on how they worked everyone else. Plus I've read he might be (highlight to read) That'll just be all kinds of awesome!
    I'm tired of the people getting up in arms about this stuff these days, nothing wrong with diversity and many comic characters have had several people use the same name. I'm not directing this at you really gbagok, just venting a bit, I don't see anything wrong with having diversity, we get complaints that Clamp champ is a token, then complaints that Zodak is black and they are PANDERING, how do you introduce a black/minority character without it feeling like 'affirmative action' or tokenism? its impossible and racist fans of the property will cry and cry about it. its annoying, we like these properties too DEAL WITH IT, and the creators involved now are in many cases minorities themselves or they at least think adding some colour and some boobs will make the cast more interesting. anyway again I'm not accusing you of anything personally, I understand trepidation about it happening but if it works well (as you've stated it does here) it should be embraced.

ANYWAY I loved the show, felt very high quality for a series, hope it lasts throughout the run!! VERY good stuff IMO. Who was the ice guy fighting Green Arrow and Speedy and who was the ice lady??
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    ANYWAY I loved the show, felt very high quality for a series, hope it lasts throughout the run!! VERY good stuff IMO. Who was the ice guy fighting Green Arrow and Speedy and who was the ice lady??
    Icicle was the guy fighting GA and Speedy. Killer Frost was the woman fighting Aquaman and Aqualad.

I also agree with your other points. As a double minority, it aggravates the hell out of me when people complain about equality and diversity. OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK AROUND! The world isn't all Caucasian. The reason all these properties, comics, cartoons, etc. are so white is because they're decades old and were created by old white guys who just didn't think to include people that weren't like them. This isn't the 60s anymore and white people aren't the only people in the world. Time to stop acting like it!

I might be putting words into Gbagok's mouth, but I understand what he means. Changing a characters skin color or whatever is fine as long as they aren't a hamfisted set of stereotypes that feels like they are in my face about it.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I'm tired of the people getting up in arms about this stuff these days, nothing wrong with diversity and many comic characters have had several people use the same name. I'm not directing this at you really gbagok, just venting a bit, I don't see anything wrong with having diversity, we get complaints that Clamp champ is a token, then complaints that Zodak is black and they are PANDERING, how do you introduce a black/minority character without it feeling like 'affirmative action' or tokenism? its impossible and racist fans of the property will cry and cry about it. its annoying, we like these properties too DEAL WITH IT, and the creators involved now are in many cases minorities themselves or they at least think adding some colour and some boobs will make the cast more interesting. anyway again I'm not accusing you of anything personally, I understand trepidation about it happening but if it works well (as you've stated it does here) it should be embraced.
    If you've seen my 200X Angela and Glimmer, you know how I feel about changing ethnicity of established characters.

But as far as Aqualad goes, I had my reservations and I don't think I'm racist for having them. I'd like a new character to be more than just a walking "see, we're not all honkies!" poster, and I couldn't know if he'd be more than that until I saw him in action (dramatically I mean, not just fisticuffs). I also wondered if he'd add anything to the dynamic that we didn't already have from other characters without changing them, but I think each character stood out. He was the most reverential of his mentor out of the whole group, so when he stood up and asked for respect at the end, it meant more. I do kind of think they've made Robin more childish than usual in order to facilitate Aqualad as the leader a bit, but then Robin has been in enough cartoons by now and to be fair this still seems like Grayson more than Todd or Drake. Finally the parentage clinches it, this Aqualad is a character I'm more interested in than Garth--who I actually hated when I was a kid because he seemed like an aqua-copy of Robin.

I can't speak for everyone on the subject of changing characters though. I get when it's not welcome, and usually I get why it's done, when it's done. It's tricky business, as changing established characters always is.

This Aqualad is not Garth. They've said that Garth is Tempest in this show. Aqualad is a new character they've created for this show that Geoff Johns liked so much, he introduced the character (Jackson) in the Brightest Day maxiseries.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    This Aqualad is not Garth. They've said that Garth is Tempest in this show. Aqualad is a new character they've created for this show that Geoff Johns liked so much, he introduced the character (Jackson) in the Brightest Day maxiseries.
    I know that he's not Garth, but the principle is still the same as regards Aqualad and his role. Like I said it begs the question why make a new Aqualad for the show's lead team and not use Garth (and I answered why too). I didn't know he's now in comics--which is great. Maybe this means he can be in DCUC!
    Last edited by gbagok; November 29, 2010 at 08:22am.

I thought it was quite good. To me Robin felt more like Todd, and since they have had a push for him lately I could see them finally bringing him out.

My reasoning he played a lot with the toys and didn't fight quite as much as Grayson. Second guess would be Drake.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

If you've seen my 200X Angela and Glimmer, you know how I feel about changing ethnicity of established characters.

But as far as Aqualad goes, I had my reservations and I don't think I'm racist for having them. I'd like a new character to be more than just a walking "see, we're not all honkies!" poster, and I couldn't know if he'd be more than that until I saw him in action (dramatically I mean, not just fisticuffs). I also wondered if he'd add anything to the dynamic that we didn't already have from other characters without changing them, but I think each character stood out. He was the most reverential of his mentor out of the whole group, so when he stood up and asked for respect at the end, it meant more. I do kind of think they've made Robin more childish than usual in order to facilitate Aqualad as the leader a bit, but then Robin has been in enough cartoons by now and to be fair this still seems like Grayson more than Todd or Drake. Finally the parentage clinches it, this Aqualad is a character I'm more interested in than Garth--who I actually hated when I was a kid because he seemed like an aqua-copy of Robin.

I can't speak for everyone on the subject of changing characters though. I get when it's not welcome, and usually I get why it's done, when it's done. It's tricky business, as changing established characters always is.
    for sure, again I understand hesitation and again I know you aren't one of the hate for hate's sake people, I just think that when they want to make a show more diverse it sucks that people cry about it, if it's done well then why is it a problem, many times it makes the show more interesting and many a time that's what the creative forces behind the scenes want to do. (I love your Angella, haven't seen the glimmer though.)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I watched the premere movie yesterday and I'm not imprtessed too much attitude(if it were just one or two it would be one thing but all of them?)
    So far teen titans was waaaay better.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!