Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice Cartoon

I blame the attitude thing on the situation they set up, them being teens, only having an hour, and trying to set them up as a team given the circumstances.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Laissez les bon temps rou Chaz-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    It takes place on Earth 16, so no it isn't the DCU proper. And although Robin looks young, he'll be the most experienced of the cast, having been active for about four years prior to the series.
    I was hoping that Robin would be the Tim Drake version, with Nightwing showing up as a supporting character. But it is also apparent that Kid Flash is supposed to be Wally West, rather than Bart Allen.

I was also disappointed that when they first showed Superboy, the costume they had on him wasnt the Reign of Supermen Superboy costume.
    Sing once again with me our strange duet.
    My power over you grows stronger yet.
    And though you turn from me,
    to glance behind,
    the Phantom of the Opera is there - inside your mind ...

HeMan.org User Profiles Thread (Please Post)

He-Man.org Member Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz-Man View Post
    I was also disappointed that when they first showed Superboy, the costume they had on him wasnt the Reign of Supermen Superboy costume.
    Do it would've looked like they dressed him 20 years ago?

Heroic Warrior of Avion
    I really enjoyed the premiere. The animation was phenomenal (completely blows the Avengers cartoon out of the water), and I was actually impressed with the story and characters in this ep. Surprisingly very pleased with Aqualad. And though I was hoping for a Tim Drake Robin, I can live with this version of Grayson.

Definitely looking forward to seeing the rest of the series.

I know this premiered on Black Friday but, since I was working, I only saw it recently. I loved the look of it and all of the characters they used in just 2 episodes. I'm also happy they went with Dik Grayson(I hate Tim Drake) and Wally West(I'm not the biggest Bart fan either). Robin sounds like The Shadow the way they have him laughing off screen before he hits a villain or swings into view.

My only problem is that so many of the characters came off as bland or angry. I had the same problem with the few episodes I saw of JLU and, considering how many people love that show, I know I'm in the minority. I don't need the characters to sound like they're from a Looney Tunes cartoon but, except for Robin & Kid Flash, so many of the characters sound like their voice actor, in an attempt to have them taken seriously, have sucked all the fun out of them. At times it sounds like I'm listening to a table read rather than the finished product.

I also agree with your other points. As a double minority, it aggravates the hell out of me when people complain about equality and diversity. OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK AROUND! The world isn't all Caucasian. The reason all these properties, comics, cartoons, etc. are so white is because they're decades old and were created by old white guys who just didn't think to include people that weren't like them. This isn't the 60s anymore and white people aren't the only people in the world. Time to stop acting like it!
    While I'm sure some people may complain about their perception of "forced" diversity in a property due to their racist opinions, a lot of people dislike it since the new character is often introduced at the cost of a character they do like. I have no problem with a hispanic hero in the DCU, but did they have to kill off Ted Kord in order to introduce him? I feel the same about Tempest. He's killed off and here comes the new Aqualad. Diversity is great but the idea of killing off a character or sidelining them just so another character can take their name is lame imo. Bring in new characters of every sex, race, and orientation but stop making them replacements. Do we really need every superhero to be a legacy character? Having said that, I did like the new Aqualad in this cartoon in terms of powers, but I hope his bland personality gets a little better.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I think the issue is perception. For some reason people see angry as being more adult, and joking around as more childlike. Heck this is the general perception people have of each other when you get old you get angry and cranky but when you are young you are joyful and fun loving.

The more lighthearted Teen Titans episodes were considered the worst by fans (worst doesn't mean bad).

If anything to me anger/angst is a teenage trait not an adult one.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

For those of you that have seen both shows, how does this compare with the Avengers cartoon currently running on Disney? I initially stayed away from that one since I tend to not like most of Marvel's cartoons as well as most of my passion for Marvel in general having been killed by those currently in charge of the company. Having heard such good word of mouth as well as the fact that Thor & Cap aren't wearing their awful chainmail costumes that Marvel seems to have made permanent in their current comics makes me want to give it a chance.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I wouldn't really compare them. They're just... different. I didn't like The Wasp's costume... well, I still don't, and thought the show was light on females, but Black Widow has a recurring role and both Mockingbird and Ms. Marvel (well, Carol Danvers, anyway) have appeared so hopefully they will figure more prominently as the show progresses. It's enjoyable. I'm not as over the moon for it as I am Young Justice, but it's worth DVRing.

I wouldn't really compare them. They're just... different. I didn't like The Wasp's costume... well, I still don't, and thought the show was light on females, but Black Widow has a recurring role and both Mockingbird and Ms. Marvel (well, Carol Danvers, anyway) have appeared so hopefully they will figure more prominently as the show progresses. It's enjoyable. I'm not as over the moon for it as I am Young Justice, but it's worth DVRing.
    DC, imo, does have better female characters than Marvel. Even when I read Marvel Comics I felt that way. I'm hoping to see Mera, Vixen, Doctor Light, Batgirl(Babs), Zatanna, Supergirl, Ravager, Speedy, Jade, and Katana just to name a few.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Young Justice seems more targeting to a teenage audience, and Avengers: Earth's mightiest seems more aimed at a preteen age group.

Avenger's is probably a better mix of all that superhero comics are, with a good bit of action, enough humour, and enough personality for each character, and conflict. Basically it isn't taking it's self too seriously. The plots and continuity are very comic booky.

Having only been two episodes of Young Justice, it's hard to fully say. I will say I do like the animation of Young Justice better.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Young Justice seems more targeting to a teenage audience, and Avengers: Earth's mightiest seems more aimed at a preteen age group.

Avenger's is probably a better mix of all that superhero comics are, with a good bit of action, enough humour, and enough personality for each character, and conflict. Basically it isn't taking it's self too seriously. The plots and continuity are very comic booky.

Having only been two episodes of Young Justice, it's hard to fully say. I will say I do like the animation of Young Justice better.
    Since I seem to have a problem with the characters being too "serious" in JLU & Young Justice(based on the first 2 episodes), I wonder if Avengers will be more to my liking. I didn't notice this when I watched Batman: The Animated Series religiously in its first year, but the characters in JLU just came off as "cold" to me(although Batman's cartoon was suposed to be noir-like and characters are usually "cold" in those types of stories). Again, I only saw a handful of episodes since I wasn't really watching cartoons when it was on. MYP's MOTU is probably the only cartoon I saw every episode of since I was a little kid.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Character wise Tony Stark is pretty much the same guy from the Iron Man live action movies. I would say tone wise the Iron Man pretty much is the best comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Since I seem to have a problem with the characters being too "serious" in JLU & Young Justice(based on the first 2 episodes), I wonder if Avengers will be more to my liking. I didn't notice this when I watched Batman: The Animated Series religiously in its first year, but the characters in JLU just came off as "cold" to me(although Batman's cartoon was suposed to be noir-like and characters are usually "cold" in those types of stories). Again, I only saw a handful of episodes since I wasn't really watching cartoons when it was on. MYP's MOTU is probably the only cartoon I saw every episode of since I was a little kid.
    You should give Avengers a try. Its clearly written by people that love the franchise, and it pulls mostly from the original Lee/Kirby comics, but it mixes in some Ultimate characters and some more recent storylines.

I think its pretty outstanding. It can be big and epic, but its a lot of fun as well.

I like young justice but I wish we didin't have to wait so long for new episodes. I m glad it is finally starting up for real now. the 2-part premiere was pretty good.

I am still a little iffy on the new aqualad being pushed all of a sudden but he is growing on me. once I know more about him I will be fine. so did aquaman have a lil 'jungle fever' cause.....

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    You should give Avengers a try. Its clearly written by people that love the franchise, and it pulls mostly from the original Lee/Kirby comics, but it mixes in some Ultimate characters and some more recent storylines.

I think its pretty outstanding. It can be big and epic, but its a lot of fun as well.
    i agree. i am surprised at how much i love the new avengers toon.

The story is great. it DOES mix some Ultimate stuff into the universe. I wonder if, they were going to make nick fury white originally(since he looks basically like regular fury) but decided to make him black at the last minute to better reflect the movies coming out.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I am still a little iffy on the new aqualad being pushed all of a sudden but he is growing on me. once I know more about him I will be fine. so did aquaman have a lil 'jungle fever' cause.....
    He's not Aquaman's son.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post

I'll still give it a try when I get a chance but you had me kinda excited for the show until you mentioned "Ultimate". I was on board for the Ultimate Universe from Ultimate Spider-Man #1(way back when I thought Bendis was a good writer) but eventually realized it wasn't my cup of tea. It too often seemed like the writers were trying to shock you with how edgy & dark they made the characters of the Marvel Universe(until Civil War basically made the 2 universes indistinguishable). I also don't like how so many of the characters are scumbags(imo that is). Any reminder of that world is never a good thing to me.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I'll still give it a try when I get a chance but you had me kinda excited for the show until you mentioned "Ultimate". I was on board for the Ultimate Universe from Ultimate Spider-Man #1(way back when I thought Bendis was a good writer) but eventually realized it wasn't my cup of tea. It too often seemed like the writers were trying to shock you with how edgy & dark they made the characters of the Marvel Universe(until Civil War basically made the 2 universes indistinguishable). I also don't like how so many of the characters are scumbags(imo that is). Any reminder of that world is never a good thing to me.
    Its not like that at all. They just used a few of the Ultimate designs for a few secondary (or even tertiary) characters. Its not done to be dark, just a stylistic choice.

I don't think Tempest was killed off to make way for the new Aqualad. Garth has been Tempest for years. Aqualad was a name totally available. Tempest was killed off because he wasn't macho and violent enough. In a way, it's the best thing that could happen to him. I see what they've done with Roy, and at this point, him getting killed off saved him from them destroying his character as well.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I don't think Tempest was killed off to make way for the new Aqualad. Garth has been Tempest for years. Aqualad was a name totally available. Tempest was killed off because he wasn't macho and violent enough. In a way, it's the best thing that could happen to him. I see what they've done with Roy, and at this point, him getting killed off saved him from them destroying his character as well.
    I think they already tried to make Garth more macho & "cool". I liked him as Aqualad better. When he became Tempest, they aged him overnight since he was in another dimension being trained by Arthur's pre-Infinite Crisis daddy(I'm so happy Peter David's retcons have been thrown away with Aquaman's missing hand and his illegitimate son), gave him a scar over his eye, and had him steal Aquaman's woman(although, since it was Dolphin & not Mera, I didn't care). Sure, his "upgrade" wasn't as awful as what they've done with Speedy, but it wasn't as well done, imho, as Robin/Nightwing's.

JOIN THE GROUP...

If it helps, Garth will appear as Tempest at some point on this show. And Roy will become Red Arrow.

But BOO to any new Aqualad haters. Aqua lad kicks bootay on this how!

If it helps, Garth will appear as Tempest at some point on this show. And Roy will become Red Arrow.

But BOO to any new Aqualad haters. Aqua lad kicks bootay on this how!
    The comics mean more to me than the TV show and Garth is dead in them. I like Aqualad's powers on the TV show but he doesn't really have enough of a personality in the first 2 episodes to say I'm a fan. I'm also not liking his design either. Gills on the neck and weapons on his back that look like gun handles makes him look like some type of X-Man from the 90's. I also prefer his hair in the comics more than his Dennis Rodman dye job on the toon.

JOIN THE GROUP...

The comics mean more to me than the TV show and Garth is dead in them. I like Aqualad's powers on the TV show but he doesn't really have enough of a personality in the first 2 episodes to say I'm a fan. I'm also not liking his design either. Gills on the neck and weapons on his back that look like gun handles makes him look like some type of X-Man from the 90's. I also prefer his hair in the comics more than his Dennis Rodman dye job on the toon.
    Oh I definitely agree with the hair thing. It reminds me of Spike on X-Men Evolution and I never liked him. I like his hair in the comics, although I would think it wouldn't be very "aerodynamic" in the water... but neither was Aquaman's Metallica hair in the 90s.

This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Is that just not showing up on my end? I tried posting the same thing a few hours ago(I'm assuming that's the Conan O'Brien superhero cartoon) but had to delete it since the embedding wouldn't work.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I couldn't get it to play on my iPad. I had to get on my laptop to watch it. I guess it's a tricky type of code.