Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice Cartoon

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post

(Can't believe that some people took it so seriously to think that's canon)

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    conan has always been my favorite. this only affirms that he is the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    Oh I definitely agree with the hair thing. It reminds me of Spike on X-Men Evolution and I never liked him. I like his hair in the comics, although I would think it wouldn't be very "aerodynamic" in the water... but neither was Aquaman's Metallica hair in the 90s.
    i dont mind the whole "water" weapons thing.... but the fact that he has ELECTRIC powers too!!! lol. its a bit much. reminds me completely of Young Avengers heroes of tomorrow direct to DVD, where they have BPanthor/Storms son......

lol. i think its the same voice actor also.

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    i dont mind the whole "water" weapons thing.... but the fact that he has ELECTRIC powers too!!! lol. its a bit much. reminds me completely of Young Avengers heroes of tomorrow direct to DVD, where they have BPanthor/Storms son......
    What I don't like is that he seemed to be way more powerful than Aquaman on the show. Arthur already has a bad rap of "only fighting underwater villains and talking to fish", but in the brief battle that Aquaman & Aqualad had with Killer Frost in the pilot, Aquaman looked like his was the sidekick.

[beginning off topic rant] By the way, it should have been Storm & Forge's son imo. The whole Black Panther/Storm retcon was crap that Marvel should have never let Reginald Hudlin write. Can't people of different races get married too? Forge & Storm had a long history whereas Black Panther & Storm appeared together in only one backup story until Hudlin came along. [ending off topic rant]
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; January 12, 2011 at 01:03pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post

[beginning off topic rant] By the way, it should have been Storm & Forge's son imo. The whole Black Panther/Storm retcon was crap that Marvel should have never let Reginald Hudlin write. Can't people of different races get married too? Forge & Storm had a long history whereas Black Panther & Storm appeared together in only one backup story until Hudlin came along. [ending off topic rant]
    A DC character should have been the son of two Marvel characters?

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    A DC character should have been the son of two Marvel characters?
    I was responding to a comment from the forum member who I quoted.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I was responding to a comment from the forum member who I quoted.
    Ahh. The Young Avengers comment - I missed that.

Personally I love the coupling of Storm and Black Panther. I think Storm fits really well into his world and the role of Queen is perfect for the character.

Other than the BWS comics, I never really felt the Storm/Forge chemistry.

After watching the first episode of 'Young Justice' last Friday, I gotta say It was pretty enjoyable. Nice animation, and good characterizations. Good to see a quality superhero cartoon on Cartoon Network again. Now I've already seen that bit with Conan visiting Bruce Timm at Warner Bros. sketching up this wacky superhero idea of his, and was even more shocked that Timm, and company actually animated him into an episode just for laughs. Very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by mbaker View Post
    After watching the first episode of 'Young Justice' last Friday, I gotta say It was pretty enjoyable. Nice animation, and good characterizations. Good to see a quality superhero cartoon on Cartoon Network again. Now I've already seen that bit with Conan visiting Bruce Timm at Warner Bros. sketching up this wacky superhero idea of his, and was even more shocked that Timm, and company actually animated him into an episode just for laughs. Very impressive.
    Considering Conan's new show is on a channel owned by Warner Bro., it was a great bit of synergy. 2 great tastes that taste great together.

JOIN THE GROUP...

i am really surprised they fully animated it.. that is awesome..

I would love an SDCC exclusive figure of Flaming C lol
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Did anyone get Young Justice #0(it came out yesterday)? It takes place between the last 2 scenes of the 1-hour pilot. I think this might be the first comic based on another property where they actually have it worked out to the exact minute where the comic takes place in the franchise's continuity.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I haven't picked up the comic yet - it probably won't be for another week or so.

I actually just finished writing up a review of the 1 hour movie for my blog. It should be up in an hour or two.
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

I love that they used the same artwork as Crisis on 2 Earths. I also love that Robin is Richard Grayson and the dynamic he has with Wally West as Kid Flash. I love that Superboy has a bit of a rebellious edge to him.
    I don't like how the series premier was just the pilot cut in 2 parts. Can't wait for tomorrow nights episode.

Just in case it was missed here is the Flaming C on Young Justice.

Last edited by Piccolo Daimaoh; January 20, 2011 at 07:25pm. Reason: corrected spelling

Thanks for posting that Piccolo I actually hadn't seen it yet.

Like I said earlier I was working on the review and here it is (better late than never right?)

Geek Culture's Young Justice Review

I think it's really cool that Conan got to hang out with Bruce Timm and the guys over at WB animation put that together for him.

Did anyone watch the new episode "Welcome to Happy Harbor"? I like Miss Martian's character a lot. I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just say it was cool to see her powers.

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

I was much less impressed by the 3rd episode - it felt very "by the numbers".

Wow, Superboy is a total jerk.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
    Did anyone watch the new episode "Welcome to Happy Harbor"? I like Miss Martian's character a lot. I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just say it was cool to see her powers.
    Yeah, it was okay, though I found it too short after getting an hour premiere. I've seen a lot of people online moaning about too much action, and I do think that's a little too much of the focus, but at least its animated beautifully. Miss Martian was good but kind of predictably bubbly to offset all the testosterone. I wonder if Artemis is going to be all amazonian and tough now so that the girls will be totally opposite. I liked also that Superboy was so hostile to telepathy after his origin. I'm hoping they will put greater focus on the inter-team relationships as the show continues. Finally, I gotta wonder why anyone would build a cybersuit and a robot made to look human to pilot it instead of just a single big robot in the first place. Brom Stick even made it look like him so that the heroes can now identify him too! Not the smartest villains on this show so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    Wow, Superboy is a total jerk.
    Most teenagers with daddy issues seem to be.
    Last edited by gbagok; January 22, 2011 at 06:28pm.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Yeah, it was okay, though I found it too short after getting an hour premiere. I've seen a lot of people online moaning about too much action, and I do think that's a little too much of the focus, but at least its animated beautifully. Miss Martian was good but kind of predictably bubbly to offset all the testosterone. I wonder if Artemis is going to be all amazonian and tough now so that the girls will be totally opposite. I liked also that Superboy was so hostile to telepathy after his origin. Finally, I gotta wonder why anyone would build a cybersuit and a robot made to look human to pilot it instead of just a single big robot in the first place. Brom Stick even made it look like him so that the heroes can now identify him too! Not the smartest villains on this show so far.

Most teenagers with daddy issues seem to be.

I haven't seen the new episode yet, for some reason it doesn't air for me until Sunday. But I can tell you right now I'll agree with you with Miss Martian. I hate to beat a dead horse here but they should have just kept it Arrowette, Wonder Girl and Secret and *NOT* changed them at all. I know that Artemis is going to basically be Cissie and that Wonder Girl and Secret will show up at least briefly down the line.. but they should have kept it Bart, Cissie, Cassie and Susie/Gretta instead of swapping out Bart with Wally and adding Miss Martian when an incarnation of her wasn't even on the team. On the other side I'm actually okay with Robin not being Tim.

As for the villains - I think they're trying to find a balance. They can't be too all powerful but they can't be as big of a joke as Mighty Endowed is.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
    Did anyone watch the new episode "Welcome to Happy Harbor"? I like Miss Martian's character a lot.
    Me too! I've seen her in the comics, but in this show, I've actually noticed her. Cartoons have a habit of making me like characters that I've never thought much of by just reading the comics, like Wasp, Hawkeye or MODOK in Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Now Miss Martian is my favorite character in the show.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I was satisfied by the third episode. I story was okay as was the action. I got the feeling that this team is a lot like the original X-Men with Megan as Jean, Kid Flash as Iceman/Angel, Robin as Cyclops, Aqualad as Beast and Superboy as, well. Wolverine. He came off as a jerk but it seems to me he is struggling with his own humanity/existance. he doesn't even have an Earth OR Kryptonian name yet. Hopefully they resolve to call him Kon El/Conner Kent soon. I really want to like Superboy.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    I haven't seen the new episode yet, for some reason it doesn't air for me until Sunday. But I can tell you right now I'll agree with you with Miss Martian. I hate to beat a dead horse here but they should have just kept it Arrowette, Wonder Girl and Secret and *NOT* changed them at all. I know that Artemis is going to basically be Cissie and that Wonder Girl and Secret will show up at least briefly down the line.. but they should have kept it Bart, Cissie, Cassie and Susie/Gretta instead of swapping out Bart with Wally and adding Miss Martian when an incarnation of her wasn't even on the team. On the other side I'm actually okay with Robin not being Tim.

As for the villains - I think they're trying to find a balance. They can't be too all powerful but they can't be as big of a joke as Mighty Endowed is.
    Oddly enough I think this show is channeling more of Teen Titans, and the Teen Titans cartoon had more of YJ's comedy. Although I'd have given good money to see either render Mighty Endowed in animation.
    Miss Martian: So are we supposed to fight her?
    Kid Flash: Uh, yes! If there is a GOD, YES!!
    Though I kind of miss the days of Superboy being comical like that and not so angsty.

I haven't seen any of this since the premiere event. I really want to catch it, but I've been closing the school down for the past few Fridays!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

The newest episode was okay. I like Miss Martian, but...um, she doesn't have telekinesis. It wasn't nearly as exciting as the premier, but it certainly wasn't bad.

I am getting to the opinion for a show like this they need to be two half hour segments that tell one story.

Also Miss Martian is technically a white martian in the comics and not related to Martian Manhunter. As this has been stated to be alt universe so doesn't bother me.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it