Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice Cartoon

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Such a good show.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
    Just watched tonight's episode. I think it was played out of order, but it was a good episode, liked seeing a character from the original comic! I hope Zatanna becomes a full team member.
    Two characters from the original comics! Harm and SECRET!!!

Thank you Cartoon Network for putting up a Halloween episode after Halloween. Are the bozos who run the Fox Network and schedule the Simpsons now running things?

Anyway, good episode. Yay for Secret! I hope we'll see her again...Harm, not so much. Did Artemis have a thing for Connor? I didn't get why she was annoyed that he and M'gann were a couple now.

Lots of great eastereggs this week. They made the 90s Superboy outfit look good actually.

The magic was nice to see again. I hope we'll be seeing a Zatanna vs Clarion fight at some point. And I still really want a teenaged Dr. Fate. Marvin maybe?

I think the episode was supposed to be shown before the two recent episodes, more as a filler episode. But for some reason they decided to show that story first. Either they thought Zatanna was returning too soon after her kidnapping or something along those lines.

Showing this episode when they did was kind of odd to say the least, but I think it was a great episode. I can only imagine being a bit younger and being all What the... didn't they establish this just last episode. And Miss Martian is all emo and now is all let's go trick or treating for old people.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Did Artemis have a thing for Connor? I didn't get why she was annoyed that he and M'gann were a couple now.
    In her first appearance, she was attracted to Superboy. Ms. Martian and Artemis were gushing about his good looks over telepathy before being interrupted by Kid Flash, IIRC.

She hasn't said anything about him for the longest, so I thought she moved onto Wally by now.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    In her first appearance, she was attracted to Superboy. Ms. Martian and Artemis were gushing about his good looks over telepathy before being interrupted by Kid Flash, IIRC.

She hasn't said anything about him for the longest, so I thought she moved onto Wally by now.
    And the relationship between M'gann and Connor is more out in the open.

I think this was supposed to be an episode or two after Zatanna's first appearance. But before the last two episodes. And that scene was supposed to turn her off Connor and more towards Wally.

Even in the last two episodes Wally has had his eyes more set just on Artemis, and he is eyeing all the ladies in this episode.

Basically I think they showed this episode now because they didn't want to show back to back Zatanna Episodes and then not show her at all for a few more. I think the whole mole discussion was to lead into the "dream episode" where they were using that to kind of find out more about Connor and any potential hidden programming. Which makes a logical step in the story.
    Last edited by wyldman11; November 19, 2011 at 12:20pm.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

It'll be interesting to see if any more episodes are out of sequence now. I hate to go by all the shipping, but Wally was more interested in M'gann here than his makes sense after his more recent confessions about Artemis, so that's another way the flow felt misdirected as well as the others mentioned. It's just that Kid Flash and Artemis, and Superboy and M'gann have all been paired (subtly and not so subtly) for so long now that it kind of threw me that Artemis was....well, thrown, even in an episode that should have run a little earlier. By the time Zatanna joined, I though Artemis had to know that the Martian and the Kryptonian were a couple. Ah well, ink and paint.

I enjoyed the episode, even though it felt out of place. Not only was it a Halloween episode after Halloween, but elements of the story seemed off. Oh well. Maybe a mistake with programming.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

I was thinking the placement of this episode would have happened during the dead week after the first Zatanna episode. That weekend there weren't any new episodes on Cartoon Network's Friday night lineup.

I noticed because that was the weekend my girlfriend was down and I noted I wasn't going to have to catch up on them. All the other shows (that I watch) kept order this one didn't with the episodes being unadjusted.

Surprised nobody has been commenting, I like where the show is going.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Surprised nobody has been commenting, I like where the show is going.
    So do I. I still dislike Aqualad(too bland & monotone) & Superboy(too unlikable), but I feel it's gotten better since the hiatus. I loved that Blue Devil, Icon, & Rocket were mentioned as possible League members.

Supposedly Lagoon Boy(I'm assuming he's from the 90's Young Justice comics that I never read) & Blue Beetle(even though this guy's comic sales are awful, DC sure is trying to make him work in various forms of media) are going to join.

Personally, I'd prefer Topo & Ted Kord, but what are you gonna do?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

My favorite part of the discussion with the JL was when they proposed Guy Gardener and both GL's said NO in unison

Also love the designs for Hawkman and Hawkgirl, if they make them as figs i will have to buy them despite my dislike for the line

My favorite part of the discussion with the JL was when they proposed Guy Gardener and both GL's said NO in unison

My favorite moment as well.... Although I still thought each sector got only one green lantern, now earth has three?

Is it wrong I found the Young Justice more interesting than the Thundercats of the week? Here's hoping we find out the decision of the membership meeting
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

I enjoyed the Thundercats ep more though because with exceptions YJ was nothing we had not see before despite it being fun to see the league meet

man i friggin LOVE this show, I hope they draft Rockett and Icon! I LOVED the GL reaction to guy gardner! awesome!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

This last one was just OK, the ones just before were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    My favorite moment as well.... Although I still thought each sector got only one green lantern, now earth has three?
    Is it wrong I found the Young Justice more interesting than the Thundercats of the week? Here's hoping we find out the decision of the membership meeting
    There has been 3 Green Lanterns on Earth, Hal Jordan, John Stewart and Guy Gardner, for the past like 35 years. If you count Kyle Rayner there have been 4 and if you cound Allan Scott, though he is not part of the Corp, there have bee 5. They've all appeared on one DC show or another in the past 10 years except for maybe Scott. At this point it really isn't that unusual for there to be more than one. When Dwayne McDuffie and Ed Benes had their run on the Justice League comic a couple of years ago both Hal and John were members of the League at the same time.

Yesterdays episode was, IMHO, one of the best so far. I loved finally seeing the Watchtower, Maggie Q as Wonder Woman, and the debates about who should join and who should leave. It was really interesting that Superman was the one who wanted Captain Marvel to join because he believed he was Kryptionian and now he wants another character with similar powers in Icon to also join the league yet he still has issues with accepting Superboy. He is the closest thing to a son Superman has.

It was also interesting that they had a Bizarro Superboy and that Lex Luthor gave Superboy patches to hinder his human side. It sucks that being part human seems to be what will keep Superboy from reaching his full potential according to Lex.

If I had to guess I would say the Justice League keeps Captain Marvel and offers membership to Aqualad, Red Arrow and one more, maybe Superboy. I think Kaldur and Conner will turn them down but Roy takes the job. It would be cool to have Rocket as a member of Young Justice. Since they added Zatana and will be adding more members, I hope that Wonder Girl will eventually join, it seems that Young Justice may eventually be as big as the Justice League. Hopefully Hawkman and Hawkgirl get some speaking parts in the future.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

The meeting on board of the Watchtower was my favorite part of this latest episode. I loved how the discussion covered a variety of topics, including age criteria (some are 48 year old aliens, some are 1 year old clones), Captain Marvel's real age and how he got by, Robin being drafted by Batman at 9. Guy Gardner being voted down by both GL's was hilarious! And mad props for using Milestone heroes like Icon and Rocket.

And it was a joy to hear WW finally speak! "Athena knows we need more women on the team." And Diana, Dinah and Hawkgirl all sat together.

I think Red Arrow was the one who got in. He's always wanted to be a League Member, so he might get his wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    Recently, the Corps changed this. Now there are 7200 GLs, instead of 3600. Each sector has TWO Green Lanterns. Kyle and Guy might be Honor Guards on Oa with Kilowog.

I also had to laugh because they tried to say Captain Marvel lied to get in and so he was hiding a secret and I thought "why doesn't someone ask Batman about his contingency plans for all you that we know he has"
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I also had to laugh because they tried to say Captain Marvel lied to get in and so he was hiding a secret and I thought "why doesn't someone ask Batman about his contingency plans for all you that we know he has"
    yeah, i'm sure heroes have joined the JL w/o immediately revealing their secret IDs; clearly they didn't ask him about his secret ID so it must not be a requirement. therefore, i don't know why that would be a lie unless they have a rule about kids joining.

It's funny how things change. When this show was first announced, a lot of people were angry at how different it was from the DCU. Now Captain Marvel, Superman, Wonder Woman, Zatanna, etc are more like the "real" DC than the New 52 is.

If I was a comic writer, I'd love to write a Elseworlds story where Batman attempted to use his "contingency plans" and failed or was killed each time. His grumpiness and his supposed ability to defeat any character with his eyes closed have really hurt my past affection for the character. Being a genius who thinks ahead in order to come through victorious is one thing, but this foolish notion some writers & fans have that Batman would be able to beat Superman if he was locked in a room with him that contained only a penny & an ice cube stretches the bounds of fantasy that even superhero comics have.

FYI, this isn't directed at you Mark. Your post just made me think of that.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; March 25, 2012 at 04:18pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    If I was a comic writer, I'd love to write a Elseworlds story where Batman attempted to use his "contingency plans" and failed or was killed each time. His grumpiness and his supposed ability to defeat any character with his eyes closed have really hurt my past affection for the character. Being a genius who thinks ahead in order to come through victorious is one thing, but this foolish notion some writers & fans have that Batman would be able to be Superman if he was locked in a room with him that contained only a penny & an ice cube stretches the bounds of fantasy that even superhero comics have.

totally agree with this. i hate the batman who can beat any superhero. in part because he shouldn't be able to and in part because he should easily defeat his own rogues gallery (to the point where the stories wouldn't be interesting). hell, now that i think on it, why is he spending so much time trying to figure out how to defeat heroes when there are so many villains out there to catch?

About Captain Marvel, I think it has to do with the age of the Young Justice members. Part of the reason the whole with Young Justice being formed was because they were too young.

I think part of their meeting was to establish some boundaries as a team to who joins. They to some extent mentioned this, that was why they went to such great discussion on the issue.

I also think part of what we might see is this putting someone else on the Young Justice team. Granted they just added Zatanna and I think they need to flesh out some of their current characters more then adding another character just for the sake of it.

I could see them offering it to Roy and Aqualad, and both rejecting it. The first because of the whole situation leading up to this, and Aqualad because he doesn't feel Robin is team leader yet and needs more practice.

About multiple Green Lanterns, based on the fact both are on Justice League means they are probably sector based. Honor Guard tend to have a larger area to cover and as I recall tend to not serve also as members of the League. But being a different universe they could just be ignoring the whole sector thing all together for this world.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    totally agree with this. i hate the batman who can beat any superhero. in part because he shouldn't be able to and in part because he should easily defeat his own rogues gallery (to the point where the stories wouldn't be interesting). hell, now that i think on it, why is he spending so much time trying to figure out how to defeat heroes when there are so many villains out there to catch?
    This was why I loved him having Oracle, and having essentially the batfamily of characters. There just isn't enough time in the day. I like having him paranoid enough he would do this, but is smart enough to realize that knowing Superman's weakness isn't enough to defeat him, even if he is mind... wait especially if he is mind controlled because for some reason when mind controlled characters are 10 times stronger. Reminds me of a humorous WoW annecdote where I got mind controlled during a raid in classic and I killed our raid leader, with my hunters volley at the time one of the most worthless spells. When MC it did something like 5x the normal damage.

But at that point he would take it to the rest of the team, but typically something happens before.
    Last edited by wyldman11; March 25, 2012 at 04:27pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    It was also interesting that they had a Bizarro Superboy and that Lex Luthor gave Superboy patches to hinder his human side. It sucks that being part human seems to be what will keep Superboy from reaching his full potential according to Lex.
    Match is in the comics too. He kept taking Superboy's place and causing a lot of trouble. Eventually he turned albino or something, but I think they'll do other things with him in the show since Conner is so much more serious here. Superboy is my favorite character (although Kid Flash is gaining on him), but I have a feeling he is going to die because of the traps Lex is setting for him (maybe he'll be replaced by Match like Data with B4 in Star Trek?). I really don't believe Lex about the human DNA being the cause for Conner's inability to fly--particularly since he claims the shields are only suppressing the human DNA. If the ability to fly is in there at all, I think he can access it without magic shields. More likely Lex put inhibitors into his makeup that can be removed. Who knows if we'll ever get to that however.

I can't say I much liked the league members in this episode. I mean it was what it was, imperfect people are always more interesting to watch, but they got a little self righteous and hard to take after a while. If anything their best reason for judging who should and shouldn't become members was all about which new recruits could handle this kind of dirty laundry being hauled out for all to see. It's not nice seeing your heroes being "wrong." Superman liking heroes he thinks are Kryptonian (and yeah, irony big time at how he treats Superboy), Wonder Woman insinuating (incorrect) motives for Batman's recruitment of Robin, Aquaman accusing Red Arrow of disrespect with no consideration for Arrow's feeling that he was disrespected, the girls vs the boys, etc. In my opinion it gave them all a stink. I need to see a repeating loop of Batman in the last movie saying "then you're all damned fools" over and over again.

Well except Batman wasn't saying CM needed to leave. He actually argued in Cap's favor. I know that it reveals a lack of trust but the rest of the league putting him on trial the way they did was, frankly, worse. I know Batman gets a little too much favoritism by writers and fans, but I think he or someone does need to be there to check the egos of the league. I agree with bringing back the bat family to make that work, but that would have to come later for this show given how young Grayson is. I thought Martian Manhunter was supposed to be the league's conscience though, but he was too silent in the debates.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    It's funny how things change. When this show was first announced, a lot of people were angry at how different it was from the DCU. Now Captain Marvel, Superman, Wonder Woman, Zatanna, etc are more like the "real" DC than the New 52 is.
    LOL, I know, right?

If I was a comic writer, I'd love to write a Elseworlds story where Batman attempted to use his "contingency plans" and failed or was killed each time. His grumpiness and his supposed ability to defeat any character with his eyes closed have really hurt my past affection for the character. Being a genius who thinks ahead in order to come through victorious is one thing, but this foolish notion some writers & fans have that Batman would be able to beat Superman if he was locked in a room with him that contained only a penny & an ice cube stretches the bounds of fantasy that even superhero comics have.

+1

I'd write Batman as being alot more failable. Everyone makes mistakes and even he can't be ready for everything at any given moment.