Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice Cartoon

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    granted, I'm going on memory, but since the focus is on the young hero's, it just seems like the main guys are there because everyone expects them to be there...it would be nice to have a plot line that focuses on the adults with no young justice to see how this team interacts..
    I think the point is that we're seeing the adult heroes filtered through the kids' eyes. So they come across as stiff, distant or strict.

And as much as I love the adult heroes, I don't want to see a story about them in the context of this show.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    yes, one is an episode, and the other is a whole season.
    Yeeeees. And one's a couple of hours, the other is five years. Nothing you've said is relevant to my opinion of the time jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I'm disappointed in the time jump because the last season built to this perfect point, where I wanted to see the further adventures of that group of teens. There were still so many stories that could have been told with them.

But that said, the time jump was a pretty daring risk and I think it actually worked out. I thought it was a great episode with so many Easter Eggs for die-hards and fan-favorite new characters like Wonder Girl, Batgirl and Blue Beetle. I'm sure the mysteries from last season will be resolved in time and I like that they immediately went back to the "missing 16 hours" from last season.
    That's how I feel as well apart from saying the time jump has worked out yet. You are right, it was a risk, and as such it has consequences that not everyone will like it--and not liking it doesn't make them wrong or bad fans, it's subjective. Maybe they'll win me back, but they've started off on a the wrong foot with me at least. Jarring narrative aside, I liked the new characters even though I didn't like how they were introduced.

I remember the jump for Legion of Superheroes not being all the jarring story wise.

While I haven't watched the newest episode the previous one sets up that the are going to tell a story and that story is about real Roy and what the Light are doing. It could be this episode is set in the future for some other reason and they will get back to it but it's a jump based on how the previous episode ended.

The flashback episode was part of the whole narrative and was explained that way. It's like reading ... then just ends.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Yeeeees. And one's a couple of hours, the other is five years. Nothing you've said is relevant to my opinion of the time jump.
    what i'm saying is that instead of one episode containing flashbacks to tell the story in that episode, they might do flashbacks (or similar story telling) to show us some of the things that have happened over the past 5 years.

While I liked the new episode, I also didn't like the 5 year jump. I was really enjoying the show before and now it's been changed for no good reason.

I'm happy we got some new members on the team but more members will no doubt lead to less TV time for the old members and little time for new members. While I did enjoy JLU tremendously, it suffered from having too many members. When JL changed to JLU, it lost some of it's charm and I'm afraid that YJ will suffer too.

I personally think it's time to drop the mentors for awhile. I want a YJ cartoon not a JL/YJ team up cartoon. Teen Titans survived for years without the adults and I'm sure this show could too. Devote more time to the Young heroes. Batman's had enough TV time over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I usually go select things to record the night before, to ensure there are no problems.

• Batgirl and Wonder Girl versus Lobo was awesome. John DiMaggio reprised his role from Justice League

Brad Garrett was Lobo in JL and STAS not John DiMaggio.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    what i'm saying is that instead of one episode containing flashbacks to tell the story in that episode, they might do flashbacks (or similar story telling) to show us some of the things that have happened over the past 5 years.
    Ah, yes, they might, and it might even be enough to overcome the jarring effect, but for right now I'm only left with the current jump and how it felt. Even if we get flashbacks though, it's still not the progression I was wanting when last season ended.

I really liked Wonder Girl's costume, how they gave her track pants and tennis shoes. That's the Cassie Wonder Girl costume I loved - when she wasn't done up so sexy, but just a normal every day girl.

Five year gap and no sign of Artemis...I wonder if she's now the villainess, Tigress, and dating Icicle like in the comics.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

i like the last episode a lot and can't wait to see where this season goes. i liked that they skipped a few years too, as it allows them to bring in a ton of characters without slowly introducing them. don't get me wrong, i do like it when a show devotes a full episode to introducing someone new, but in this case i think a time skip works best. there are so many new people that doling out the introductions over an entire season would have annoyed me. i know it would have gotten in the way of ongoing story.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I was real confused at the beginning of the episode. I was like "did I somehow miss an episode?" Then when we learned it was 5 years later, it made more sense.

I like the jump. It really does change the dynamic of the show a bit. And I was really excited seeing all of the new characters showing up. Seeing Batgirl and Wonder Girl take on Lobo was awesome.

I'm excited to see where this goes. I'm sure they'll start filling in the blanks for us soon.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I love that it was Batgirl and Wonder Girl. Usually, it's always Batgirl and Supergirl teaming up, or Supergirl and Wonder Girl teaming up. It's nice to see this combination.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Just saw the latest episode and it is awesome.

Miss Martian does something really unexpected at the end and I have to say I am really really liking the YJ version of Beast Boy (tho I still prefer the Teen Titans cartoon version at the moment)
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Just saw the latest episode and it is awesome.

Miss Martian does something really unexpected at the end and I have to say I am really really liking the YJ version of Beast Boy (tho I still prefer the Teen Titans cartoon version at the moment)
    Yeah, I like his relationship with M'Gann, even though I feel cheated by the jump still. Looks like Superboy (he still can't fly?!) doesn't like her going all Dark Phoenix on bad guys. I'm glad there's a more human form to Beast Boy and he seems to be affecting the more monkey-like form just for fun. I'm hoping we see Wally, Artemis, and either the real or fake Roy again soon though(is it wrong I want to see the fake Roy again more just because he's the only version of the character we've actually met?).

Man, I got the last YJ toys in the mail this week and they are awesome! CnC Amazo and Cheshire are so perfect. I'm really bummed this line ended by those happy meal pack-in JLU toys went on so long. I guess the economy is the biggest culprit, but still I wish they'd continue on Matty. I would really like to get Nightwing, and the new Robin, not to mention Artemis and Klarion.

ya I like his regular half monkey form, sets him apart from other versions of Beast Boy I think

I would love some YJ figs just never actually seen any, were they on matty or something? because I would really like a BB one

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    ya I like his regular half monkey form, sets him apart from other versions of Beast Boy I think

I would love some YJ figs just never actually seen any, were they on matty or something? because I would really like a BB one
    The YJ figures I got were available at Entertainment Earth, but they've canceled the line and it never reached beyond the first season.

I hope the bit about maybe one day seeing them on Matty isn't just BS. I mean Artemis at least would be great to get, and now with all the new characters...people would be up for Wonder Girl and Batgirl, I'm sure. And we never did get a Red Arrow in that scale. At the very least they could make the more human Beast Boy out of the Robin mold.
    Last edited by gbagok; May 5, 2012 at 10:35pm.

well that sucks cuz I would really have liked a BB toy as he is one of my fave ever DC characters

It's a shame that DC Direct(or whatever DC's line of toys is called now) rarely makes anything beyond a wave or 2 of Batman/Superman toylines. I'd love to see a Young Justice line featuring both the stars & the toon's version of the DCU. I bought the SDCC YJ Superboy from Mattel and had planned on eventually getting the other 4" toys, but now that it's cancelled, I might not. Although I still want the Hall Of Justice C&C.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I like warm and bubbly "Hello Megan!" M'gann. Yeah, it might be a little corny, but she's a breath of fresh air from dark, darker, really dark and super dark. She seems alot colder and meaner since the whole Queen Bee thing. It's good to hear that there is some hope for her and Superboy.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

did anyone else wonder if that kid was going to gain abilities from the blood transfusion? I don't know a thing about beast boy, but this was the first thing that popped into mind
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

did anyone else wonder if that kid was going to gain abilities from the blood transfusion? I don't know a thing about beast boy, but this was the first thing that popped into mind
    I was sure he would, Beast Boy's powers originally came after he was given a serum by his parents to save his life from an infected monkey bite. I found it interesting that the YJ version tied in both with Miss Martian's shape-shifting powers as well as her green skin--although the green isn't natural to her, so that was kind of funny.

I wasn't sure of the specifics of Beast Boy's comic book origin, but as soon as I heard his name, I knew who he'd end up being.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I found it interesting that the YJ version tied in both with Miss Martian's shape-shifting powers as well as her green skin--although the green isn't natural to her, so that was kind of funny.
    I never even thought of that. It's not going to ruin my enjoyment of the show, but it doesn't make sense at all.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

ya Garfield Logan getting shapeshifting powers from Miss Martian I can buy but not him turning green as she is a white martian (tho he is green in the comics so I guess he had to be in the toon). Also I wonder if he is limited to only animals or is it a subconscious decision due to the fact he was raised on a nature reserve ?

Maybe her being in the form of a Green Martian when she gave blood is the reason for Gar becoming green? Green Martians have the morphing powers too, and I forget if they said she takes on the genetic characteristics of whatever form she takes or not. I don't know if he's limited to animals, but we know he's not limited to Earth animals at least.

Heroic Warrior
    Great show.

I am happy to see Beast Boy, WonderGirl, BatGirl, and Blue Beetle added to the team, But not a fan of Lagoon Boy.

I would really like to know what happened to Kid Flash, Aqua Lad, and Artimus.

it's an alien blood transfusion. once you get past that, him having green skin could easily be explained as a side effect of a human getting martian blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    Great show.

I am happy to see Beast Boy, WonderGirl, BatGirl, and Blue Beetle added to the team, But not a fan of Lagoon Boy.

I would really like to know what happened to Kid Flash, Aqua Lad, and Artimus.
    I agree

as I have already said I love Beast Boy and I like the Jaime Reyes version of Blue Beetle so I like the two BBs

Tho I do disagree about Lagoon Boy, he seems fine so far