Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice Cartoon

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    Justice League wasn't cancelled, actually it was on longer than expected. That's what Bruce Timm and the crew said when talking about the show. The first season of JLU was made with the idea that it would be the final season, that is why Superman breaks up the League at the end after they defeated Luthor-Brainiac only to be convinced by Green Arrow to keep it going
    The show was canceled, but in a nice way. CN was gracious enough to let the crew know that after the additional pick up episodes, JLU Season 2, that the show would not be picked up again.

JL Season 2 was pretty much all wrapped up and was sitting on the shelf for months before CN even got around to airing it. Timm really never even planed on JLU but at the last hour CN decided to renew it but with the new half hour format. This is why some of the original creators on JL never worked on JLU. They had moved on to other WB shows.

Bruce Timm was smart enough to know that after all the B.S. CN pulled during season 1 of JL, and somewhat with season 2, that the creators didn't want to leave the show open at the end like they did with Batman Beyond so they wrote an episode that ended the series yet at the same left it open if they wanted to do more. That's also why they did the whole Epilogue episode. BB never got that closure that Timm wanted. Timm though did say that they would have done more episodes IF CN wanted them.

The other factor was "The Batman" show which CN loved. For some reason, CN felt 2 Batman shows were bad and competed with each other. How could too much Batman be bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    Sad that these cartoons will always fall to the defeat of the Profit Principal...

Sadly for Young Justice, we also have the New 52 to blame for this: Continuity!!! The story lines were obliterated by the relaunch so these stories would not make sense to fans of the show who are not comic fans and may want to pick up a book. And we know now that the only cartoons made these days are ones that translate across the board (sadly) and thus why we now bid farewell to another potentially Great Show (Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers and Legion of Superheroes being others). Green Lantern.... well I love this character and can say the storyline as cool as it was, was not gonna pull a varied audience with it being as flat as it was, Truth. If it developed Hal throughout discovery of the ring and some Earth relate-able adventures instead of such a major space epic it may have more of a chance.
    I have to disagree. When this show started the New 52 was almost a year away but the characters off the bat were different. For example, Conner Kent was never Superboy in the same era as Richard Grayson was Robin or Wally West was Kid Flash. Zatara being a member of the Justice League while Zatana was a teenager and member of "the team" never happened in the recent, like last 30 years, comics.

This show, like just about all of the DC shows, are their own continuity. To say that the New 52 made watchers question what was going on is wrong. Not watching the show or lack of knowledge of the characters would do that. The creators even said this is a different Earth from the continuity pre and post 52. There are at least 20 things I can name that let you know this is no set comic book continuity. This show is it's own continuity but that's what made it great. Artemis' mother being Huntress, Kal'dur being Aqualad, Rocket being a member of the Justice League after being a member of the team, no Donna Troy, Arsenal and Red Arrow being 2 "different" people. They basically did whatever they wanted for the show and that made it pretty close to the level of quality of the Justice League.

The New 52 didn't kill this show. What did it is embarrasing to say and really needs no explanation. Money.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    The show was canceled, but in a nice way. CN was gracious enough to let the crew know that after the additional pick up episodes, JLU Season 2, that the show would not be picked up again.

JL Season 2 was pretty much all wrapped up and was sitting on the shelf for months before CN even got around to airing it. Timm really never even planed on JLU but at the last hour CN decided to renew it but with the new half hour format. This is why some of the original creators on JL never worked on JLU. They had moved on to other WB shows.

Bruce Timm was smart enough to know that after all the B.S. CN pulled during season 1 of JL, and somewhat with season 2, that the creators didn't want to leave the show open at the end like they did with Batman Beyond so they wrote an episode that ended the series yet at the same left it open if they wanted to do more. That's also why they did the whole Epilogue episode. BB never got that closure that Timm wanted. Timm though did say that they would have done more episodes IF CN wanted them.

The other factor was "The Batman" show which CN loved. For some reason, CN felt 2 Batman shows were bad and competed with each other. How could too much Batman be bad?
    Uh no, that was not what happened. They were planning to end the show with JLU Season 2 and then they got asked to do a third season, so they brought in the Legion of Doom.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to disagree. When this show started the New 52 was almost a year away but the characters off the bat were different. For example, Conner Kent was never Superboy in the same era as Richard Grayson was Robin or Wally West was Kid Flash. Zatara being a member of the Justice League while Zatana was a teenager and member of "the team" never happened in the recent, like last 30 years, comics.

This show, like just about all of the DC shows, are their own continuity. To say that the New 52 made watchers question what was going on is wrong. Not watching the show or lack of knowledge of the characters would do that. The creators even said this is a different Earth from the continuity pre and post 52. There are at least 20 things I can name that let you know this is no set comic book continuity. This show is it's own continuity but that's what made it great. Artemis' mother being Huntress, Kal'dur being Aqualad, Rocket being a member of the Justice League after being a member of the team, no Donna Troy, Arsenal and Red Arrow being 2 "different" people. They basically did whatever they wanted for the show and that made it pretty close to the level of quality of the Justice League.

The New 52 didn't kill this show. What did it is embarrasing to say and really needs no explanation. Money.
    I agree. Blaming the New 52 is just trying to use a scape goat. For one thing, YJ is its own continuity, but it does take place in the DC universe. I'm not sure where I read it, but one of the guys on the staff of the show did state that it takes place on Earth 15.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I don't like Ultimate Spider-Man either, A:EMH was great and had "no reason" to be cancelled... However, new Avengers & Hulk shows are having a lot of buzz and support from Disney, plus movie success is helping them a lot.
    Personally, I have my doubts on those shows if they are going to share same USM universe and follow same tone on the stories, specially when things just happen poorly scripted and then a chibi SM pops up joking every 2 minutes; but iyt seems to be doing well since it's been renewed for a second season
    YJI stories were excellently well written and reminded me of some X-Files episodes, packed with super hero action. Sadly, I fear that it shall end abruptly in a condensed final episode in the same way as ThunderCats & A:EMH
    Ultimate Spider-man was greenlit with two seasons. They announced a second season to make it sound like it was doing well enough to get a second season. But all ratings reports I have read and reviews say the show sucks.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    This is extremely disappointing and frustrating news. I like YOUNG JUSTICE, it's a solid show with good story telling. I like GREEN LANTERN:TAS the show has been great so far and with all sorts of interesting story possibilities having been seeded and I was looking forward to where the overall story was going. I promise you Cartoon Network, no one is going to complain if you run YJ and GL:TAS alongside Beware the Batman and Teen Titans Go!

And now they'll just be a couple more carcasses left in the Cartoon Network's wake along side other shows such as Sym-Bionic Titan, Generator Rex, The Secret Saturdays, and most recently ThunderCats.

I really don't see how CN can continually blame toys for cancelling shows. CN has been running the same Adventure Time toy commercial on Boomerang (a spin off channel) at least once an hour for over the last year and yet I have never seen any of the AT toys on the shelves of my local Wal-Mart, nor the Target and Wal-Mart that are a few more miles down the road. I certainly saw the Young Justice and ThunderCats toys on the shelves, but never any commercials.

The ThunderCats cancellation has been especially frustrating in the light of LEGO's Legend's of Chima -- all Cartoon Network will be is a host channel and will never see a dime from LEGO's toy sales. I like the concept of LEGO's LoC and don't mind it being a show on Cartoon Network, but I have this nagging suspicion that CN was complicit in ending ThunderCats to run the Legends of Chima series in it's stead.

The last ThunderCats episodes aired June 2012, and it is practically certain that LEGO was already underway with the LoC sets & animated series at the beginning of 2012. And when you consider the time needed for LEGO and CN to work out the deal to run the show, Cartoon Network could have easily been aware of the LoC toyline and show at around the time the ThunderCats episode "Between Brothers" first ran on Nov 25, 2011 -- the next new episode, "New Alliances", would not air until March 24, 2012. Ample time to try and kill show momentum as well as hold off the news of ThunderCats cancellation/"hiatus" for a few more weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Uh no, that was not what happened. They were planning to end the show with JLU Season 2 and then they got asked to do a third season, so they brought in the Legion of Doom.
    Yeah, that's the story I heard from Bruce Timm back when the JLU Season 2 DVD came out. They said that they ended all of the original 3 seasons with the expectation that the show was going to be cancelled but they always came back. A Savage Time, Star Crossed and, I guess, the Cadmus Saga were all designed that just in case it was cancelled they would be satisfying endings. However, how could you end Justice League with Green Lantern and Hawkgirl on the edge of a cliff overlooking the ocean in the back of Wayne Manor with Shayera telling John she loves him and then flying away into the horizon after quitting the League? We needed closure. Thank God for Justice League Unlimited.
    Until now.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    This show, like just about all of the DC shows, are their own continuity. To say that the New 52 made watchers question what was going on is wrong.
    The problem is, this is exactly why Warners almost canceled Smallville when Superman Returns was coming out. It's why JLU suddenly dropped Aquaman from any stories, because an Aquaman live action show was being planned. It's why you never saw Bruce Wayne make a stop by Smallville, and probably why Hal Jordan never payed a visit later in the show. There are folks at Warners who seem to think that viewers have as small an attention span as they apparently do. They would, indeed, have concerns that we little people couldn't keep track of separate continuities in separate mediums. If they do have this trouble themselves, of course, it explains a lot about the state of Warner's attempts to bring their heroes to the screen...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post

Ah...that's the same thing I said. Guess I should have been clearer.

JLU had really only 2 seasons. The original plan was 13 episodes for "season 1" that ended with the Chronos 2-parter and then another season, "season 2" if you will, that ended with the Brainiac-Luthor storyline and Epilogue. CN though decided to show both seasons back to back creating one full season of 26 episodes. The pick up episodes I spoke of , Season 2, was the LOD episodes. This is even how WB even numbers the seasons. They even packaged the 2 original "season 1 & 2's" together on the DVD release as the official Season 1.

Thanks though for restating the same thing I said after saying I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    The problem is, this is exactly why Warners almost canceled Smallville when Superman Returns was coming out. It's why JLU suddenly dropped Aquaman from any stories, because an Aquaman live action show was being planned. It's why you never saw Bruce Wayne make a stop by Smallville, and probably why Hal Jordan never payed a visit later in the show. There are folks at Warners who seem to think that viewers have as small an attention span as they apparently do. They would, indeed, have concerns that we little people couldn't keep track of separate continuities in separate mediums. If they do have this trouble themselves, of course, it explains a lot about the state of Warner's attempts to bring their heroes to the screen...
    I'm glad you see what and where I was going with that. Cause it's not like it hasn't happened before with other comic properties I never said it followed comic continuity before or after, but that would be one of the issues with the new 52 on the rise. I don't think DC wanted anything else out there in the media to abstract what they were planning to do. And the idea that new 52 readers would be confused; I think you have that backwards it would be those fans of the cartoon that could possibly be perplexed when and should they have decided to pursue other forms of media of this property and found....nothing! Readers of the DCU know and understand what this was and can accept it. It's not that it wasn't a great show but with such a big campaign advertising this new approach to the DC characters this show was too far in to have those viewers migrate to the books since half these characters would be revamped or simply as of this time disappear of out the universe (until further notice). When it comes to making money the goal was to keep it consistent so the consumer can relate to it all across the boards and gobble it up. But then again this is my opinion.
    Last edited by Nemisythe; February 5, 2013 at 12:23am.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

I'm glad you see what and where I was going with that. Cause it's not like it hasn't happened before with other comic properties I never said it followed comic continuity before or after, but that would be one of the issues with the new 52 on the rise. I don't think DC wanted anything else out there in the media to abstract what they were planning to do. And the idea that new 52 readers would be confused; I think you have that backwards it would be those fans of the cartoon that could possibly be perplexed when and should they have decided to pursue other forms of media of this property and found....nothing! Readers of the DCU know and understand what this was and can accept it. It's not that it wasn't a great show but with such a big campaign advertising this new approach to the DC characters this show was too far in to have those viewers migrate to the books since half these characters would be revamped or simply as of this time disappear of out the universe (until further notice). When it comes to making money the goal was to keep it consistent so the consumer can relate to it all across the boards and gobble it up. But then again this is my opinion.
    Are you saying Young Justice, and probably Green Lantern, was cancelled because it did not follow the new 52 continuity and therefore would not encourage viewers of the show to read the comics?
    Until now.

He's saying that's what Cartoon Network executives were probably thinking.

Then they should cancel all of their comic book shows. Oh, wait...
    Until now.

Then they should cancel all of their comic book shows. Oh, wait...
    Yes, yes they have.

Off the New 52 subject, another reason why this possibly happened has been released as Cartoon Network will be releasing Teen Titans GO! alongside Beware the Batman.....

I truly will miss Young Justice as it definitely was a great show and hope they can put this on disc and not in those stupid volume sets, as a full season or series... as I am waiting still for a complete set of Legion of Super Heroes.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Yes, yes they have.

Off the New 52 subject, another reason why this possibly happened has been released as Cartoon Network will be releasing Teen Titans GO! alongside Beware the Batman.....

I truly will miss Young Justice as it definitely was a great show and hope they can put this on disc and not in those stupid volume sets, as a full season or series... as I am waiting still for a complete set of Legion of Super Heroes.
    I heard that, too. For a network that shows cartoons 24 hours a day to make room to show 2 new super-hero shows they had to cancel the only other 2 super-hero shows that they already have. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I had a dream that DC Nation would now be a 2 hour block with 4 shows. I guess that would be too good to be true.
    Until now.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    But if they did that, they would have to stop 2 airings of Johnny Test.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Or Dragons Riders of Berk
    Until now.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this."

I LOVE the reference on Amethyst!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

back when beware the batman was announced, i had a feeling that either young justice or green lantern would be cancelled. the press release kept referring to dc nation as a one hour block and never mentioned plans of expanding the block. and when teen titans go was announced, i had that feeling again. both times, i wanted to believe that CN would just rotate shows so they would always have something new to air, but i guess that makes too much sense. i'm sad to see both shows go, but if these new cartoons are entertaining it will at least soften the blow. more than anything, i hope YJ and GL have proper endings.

I hope they don't end the show with Blue as a villain, I would be VERY upset
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    I hope they don't end the show with Blue as a villain, I would be VERY upset
    Yeah, that'd be like ending Thundercats with one of the main characters becoming a villain. Wait......oh ****.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

From what I heard the season will be complete but it just will not come back. So, if they end the season on a cliffhanger with Blue Beetle as a villain, which I highly doubt, then that would be a crime. This isn't Thundercats or MOTU; Cartoon Network actually cares about the DC shows. Even Batman Beyond eventually received an ending episode.

As for this last week's episode, I love Mogul and War World and I loved Eric Roberts interpretation of him for Justice League. Keith David did not disappoint. The fight between Mongul, Superboy, Wonder Girl and Arsenal was probably better than when Wonder Girl and Batgirl fought Lobo. THings are really getting interesting on Young Justice. We even got o see some of the trial of the Justice League.
    Until now.

From what I heard the season will be complete but it just will not come back. So, if they end the season on a cliffhanger with Blue Beetle as a villain, which I highly doubt, then that would be a crime. This isn't Thundercats or MOTU; Cartoon Network actually cares about the DC shows. Even Batman Beyond eventually received an ending episode.

As for this last week's episode, I love Mogul and War World and I loved Eric Roberts interpretation of him for Justice League. Keith David did not disappoint. The fight between Mongul, Superboy, Wonder Girl and Arsenal was probably better than when Wonder Girl and Batgirl fought Lobo. THings are really getting interesting on Young Justice. We even got o see some of the trial of the Justice League.
    anyone wanna guess how randal savage got into space at the justice trial?
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Vandal Savage has his ways. Didn't the Light have dealings with aliens? I know it isn't the same show but on the Justice League episode Hereafter part II when Superman meets up with Vandal Savage thousands of years into the future Savage had started building his own spaceship but quit because he believed he deserved his punishment as the last man on Earth. Well, at least he was until Superman showed up.
    Until now.

Vandal Savage has his ways. Didn't the Light have dealings with aliens? I know it isn't the same show but on the Justice League episode Hereafter part II when Superman meets up with Vandal Savage thousands of years into the future Savage had started building his own spaceship but quit because he believed he deserved his punishment as the last man on Earth. Well, at least he was until Superman showed up.
    Whoops, Vandal, not randal...i type too fast...

The show is on haitus so much, i forget most of the details. Now that you mention it, The Light was working with the reach, where they not?
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    Whoops, Vandal, not randal...i type too fast...

The show is on haitus so much, i forget most of the details. Now that you mention it, The Light was working with the reach, where they not?
    To a degree yes, but Lex Luthor was kinda sketchy on their relationship. What also makes it odd was that Savage told Mongul that the Reach being on Earth would cause a shift in the balance of power in the Universe which prompted Mongul to take War World to Earth to destroy it to prevent the Reach. Many questions still need answering.
    Last edited by Piccolo Daimaoh; February 12, 2013 at 04:52pm.
    Until now.